killer24

Less go

_The very long clothes changing animations

_The fact that challenges don't pay you 

_The fact that you can't use your modified cars for races

_The fact that you can't climb ladders 

• Like 4

AkshayKumar

The girlfriend system was interesting in theory but I don't like it so much lol, it's cool that you get perks like not losing your weapons when wasted but I hate that if you don't hang out with them for a while their like percentage goes down, I know it makes sense and isn't a big deal but to me it felt like a chore to go on dates as a result and I just treated it as something CJ would do to relax from the chaos of daily life. It was pretty boring to me though, is why except for Katie I never try to date any of the optional girlfriends. 

I didn't like the girlfriend system in IV too but there you can put your phone in sleep mode to free roam without worrying about losing progress with them. 

In fact I actually liked that V while not having th girlfriend feature, didn't penalise you for not hanging out with friends regularly. I wish SA and IV didn't penalise you for not dating girlfriends regularly too and just left it to us even if it isn't that realistic hehe. 

• Like 3

JP0cYXG.png

On 5/6/2021 at 8:29 AM, Wayne Kerr said:

The girlfriend system was interesting in theory but I don't like it so much lol, it's cool that you get perks like not losing your weapons when wasted but I hate that if you don't hang out with them for a while their like percentage goes down, I know it makes sense and isn't a big deal but to me it felt like a chore to go on dates as a result and I just treated it as something CJ would do to relax from the chaos of daily life. It was pretty boring to me though, is why except for Katie I never try to date any of the optional girlfriends. 

I didn't like the girlfriend system in IV too but there you can put your phone in sleep mode to free roam without worrying about losing progress with them. 

In fact I actually liked that V while not having th girlfriend feature, didn't penalise you for not hanging out with friends regularly. I wish SA and IV didn't penalise you for not dating girlfriends regularly too and just left it to us even if it isn't that realistic hehe. 

Yay you're finally making sense

Yeah, thankfully Denise doesn't bother you constantly when you get to San Fierro plot-wise.

• 2 weeks later...
The Tracker
On 8/6/2020 at 6:20 AM, iiCriminnaaL said:

Talking about interacting with pedestrians, I can see that the purpose of those passing conversations with them is adding more life to the environment and making it more interactive, but they just feel off. Random people regularly giving their opinion about your body, haircut and clothes doesn't seem too believable to me.

Responding to drug dealers when you have no option to buy from them is also pointless. It's a negative response either way, only that the actual negative choice is more negative, leading to a hostile reaction from the dealer.

On the other hand, gang members asking you which gang or set you're from makes more sense, so at least this part works good enough.

Funny enough, Rockstar did us the EXACT same thing in RDR2, they added hookers that will offer you their services, but you can't take them in any way possible, you can just reject them in a respectful way, or in an hostile way. So not hot-coffee for our boah.

• Like 1

The Green Goo

I hate how long it takes to buy clothes.

psxdriverplayer

Annoying crap:

- Cops on bikes, especially when riots - they can rip ye to shreds in 5 seconds or less WHEN YOU ARE LUCKY

- Riots on PC - WITH MAX SETTINGS CAN'T SEE FLAMES IN CARS IF I'M NOT PRETTY MUCH NEXT TO THEM (for anyone wondering - nein, ich kein use mods, I just live with it) - on PS2 side I don't recall having issues

- Gang wars and THOSE SMALL AREAS

- Buying dem clothes takes like 9 hours (or 5 years)

- Betting but only when it takes like five million tries to win instead of just a few, this happens sometimes

- Them peoples wanting beta content somehow inserted back to the game, all that stuff which is probably cut for a reason anyway (this applies to every game pretty much) - I would want a completely new NEW game instead

- Those complaining about Flight School, that's easy enough to pass, if we're talking aboot GOLD, then maybe. Maybe.

- Those complaining about races, only a few select ones are difficult, and they're not the ones done in the storyline

- Those complaining about dem rhythm minigames, those are fricken easy, even on PC

- That damn "holmes" gang talk, I get a certain thing to me mind when I hear that

- Those complaining about some certain missions being "impossible" whatever that means, yer probably just doing something critical wrong

- Countryside, desert, and the distances one has to travel over there, and the long distance between your safehouses over theres

- 89.032258% of the music gets on me nerves (YES I DID CALCULATE THIS, USING THE ORIGINAL RELEASE AMOUNT - THOSE THAT GOT REMOVED LATER WERE MOSTLY TRACKS THAT I DIDN'T CARE IF I RECALL KEK)

- Kids that play this stuff, this is not made for thems

Other than those, it's a game, I guess. Using modern releases would make it to the list if I would have to use any, I use the original v1.0 disc release (WHICH IS NOT A CD AS I'VE SEEN PEOPLE CALL IT AT PLACES, IT'S A SINGLE SIDED AND SINGLE LAYERED DVD (DVD5)).

Edited by psxdriverplayer
Fricken typo and a thing

-We Japanese give life no importance. -Master
-Then why did you ask for help when you were drowning, eh? -Sonny

spacer.png

PlayStation™

Licensed by

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

SCEI™

Local man has a YouTube channel containing stuff

billiejoearmstrong8

Oh my god I forgot about the slow clothes thing. How long does it take to buy them all, it has to be at least an hour or two right? Hands down the worst thing in the game. Worse than the last quarry mission, Supply Lines, NRG 500 Challenge and getting all gold medals in driving school combined.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 3

psxdriverplayer

Argh, this thing:

- Those peoples saying that the EnableFortuneAspects a.k.a. HealthArmorCashMuneyz cheat doesn't reduce your Criminal Rating (which goes up way too slowly) by 10 points and instead gives ye 40 - and this is even given as an advice in cheat sites such as GameWinners (go Wayback with the Machine to see) to combat the point loss by doing some cheating. But it takes 10 points away, if it wouldn't reduce that 10, it would give you 50 points (this point stuff it gives is to them muneyz, if you somehow don't know). So you're losing CR regardless.

spacer.png

PlayStation™

Licensed by

SCEI™

icebeeblue

I think the red weather when it rains is very annoying when i play, because it can damage my eyes😣

The companion AI during a shootout, they will usually walk in front of you, blocking your sight for no reason.

CynicalMexican

Dead pedestrians disappear too quickly, faster than in GTA 3. I guess it was done for performance reasons, but I wish it was like GTA 4/5 where peds don't disappear until you move off screen.

Can't cheat the minigun (no weapons 4) :( 

The ai who chase and shoot at only you in bloodbowl.

Those 2 tiny territories (SUN3C) and (LFL1A)

The enemies running down the sidewalk across intersection and back up the other sidewalk to get to you on other side of road :D:D:D

Not being able to fight more than 2 hydras at a time (I know there are 3 in vertical bird but is mission only)

Having to destroy like 27,000 aircraft to get 1 million criminal rating. 

On 5/25/2021 at 4:55 PM, psxdriverplayer said:

Argh, this thing:

- Those peoples saying that the EnableFortuneAspects a.k.a. HealthArmorCashMuneyz cheat doesn't reduce your Criminal Rating (which goes up way too slowly) by 10 points and instead gives ye 40 - and this is even given as an advice in cheat sites such as GameWinners (go Wayback with the Machine to see) to combat the point loss by doing some cheating. But it takes 10 points away, if it wouldn't reduce that 10, it would give you 50 points (this point stuff it gives is to them muneyz, if you somehow don't know). So you're losing CR regardless.

Too bad if your going for CR the minigun with 100% save and having infinite ammo with minigun its faster and less tedious than entering the cheat 4000x times for max money. :D Since what happens when you have max money (which is much better with horse racing anyway) and do the cheat? Than you lose the full amount for cheating. :D

Edited by Xiled

psxdriverplayer
6 hours ago, Xiled said:

The enemies running down the sidewalk across intersection and back up the other sidewalk to get to you on other side of road :D:D:D

Having to destroy like 27,000 aircraft to get 1 million criminal rating. 

Too bad if your going for CR the minigun with 100% save and having infinite ammo with minigun its faster and less tedious than entering the cheat 4000x times for max money. :D Since what happens when you have max money (which is much better with horse racing anyway) and do the cheat? Than you lose the full amount for cheating. :D

RE: Enemies - oof that one. Also when they decide to go further from yous to do a loop to approach from your back when you're in a certain position. Though it helps picking der enemies off if ye get them all on one side, it gets worse if they're on two sides coming at ye.

RE: 1 Million Criminal Rating - that one. I'm not the only one whos done some calculations here apparently.

RE: Cheating - I'd say that as well, ye can't gain any cash muneyz after $999999999 so EnableFortuneAspects at that point reduces that usual 10 points for cheating. Might as well just play without cheating kek. I've done it on PS2 AND PC, so you, dear reader, can too. ROIT?

• Like 2

spacer.png

PlayStation™

Licensed by

SCEI™

5 hours ago, psxdriverplayer said:

RE: 1 Million Criminal Rating - that one. I'm not the only one whos done some calculations here apparently.

RE: Cheating - I'd say that as well, ye can't gain any cash muneyz after $999999999 so EnableFortuneAspects at that point reduces that usual 10 points for cheating. Might as well just play without cheating kek. I've done it on PS2 AND PC, so you, dear reader, can too. ROIT?

So doing some fun math, So if you did the money cheat 4,000 times you would only get 160,000 criminal rating getting max money instead of just using horse track betting. 

If you managed to pull off the cheat 30 times a minute, it would take you 133 minutes or 2 hours and 13 minutes of doing the cheat over and over. But using horse track betting you can get max money in under an hour given you have good luck. :D

My method for KoSA is having 100% save game so infinite ammo and a minigun. I am at the abandoned airstrip and grab the jetpack and go on top of the big hanger on the NW corner. I exit the jetpack, aim the minigun and walk back into the jetpack. When you stop aiming the jetpack will equip. And shoot at the aircraft to get wanted level. Than shoot at the aircraft and police helicopters when they spawn in, but you need to let the police helicopters get close enough so destroying them counts. If you start to get low health or get fearful, just jetpack over to the aircraft tower quick and save.

Say just 8 aircraft a minute are destroyed, that gives you 240 CR a minute, or 14,400 CR an hour. Comes out to 55.55 Hours or about 2 days and 8 hours. 

Say just 6 aircraft a minute are destroyed, that gives you 180 CR a minute, or 10,800 CR an hour. Come out to just over 74 hours or 3 days and 2 hours. 

Its around the 8 destroyed a minute. When you combine the aircraft and police helicopters. But can dip a bit while you wait for the aircraft to respawn. 

I suppose you could park an aircraft in the smaller garage right next to the tower and keep using minigun on it. Its more boring though. 

psxdriverplayer
2 hours ago, Xiled said:

My method for KoSA is having 100% save game so infinite ammo and a minigun. I am at the abandoned airstrip and grab the jetpack and go on top of the big hanger on the NW corner. I exit the jetpack, aim the minigun and walk back into the jetpack. When you stop aiming the jetpack will equip. And shoot at the aircraft to get wanted level. Than shoot at the aircraft and police helicopters when they spawn in, but you need to let the police helicopters get close enough so destroying them counts. If you start to get low health or get fearful, just jetpack over to the aircraft tower quick and save.

That's almost the exact thing I've done at times, though I also shoot the approaching vehicles on the ground for some extra points.

spacer.png

PlayStation™

Licensed by

SCEI™

Cloud_Walker

I'm sure these things have been said countless times, but I hate the whole girlfriend/dating line of missions, and the mission where you have to shoot down the helicopters with a turret on the roof. That one was impossible on controller!

psxdriverplayer
31 minutes ago, Cloud_Walker said:

...the mission where you have to shoot down the helicopters with a turret on the roof. That one was impossible on controller!

Then how come I have done it? WITH A CONTROLLER. And wasn't that a fricken minigun ye used in that one?

spacer.png

PlayStation™

Licensed by

SCEI™

2 hours ago, Cloud_Walker said:

I'm sure these things have been said countless times, but I hate the whole girlfriend/dating line of missions, and the mission where you have to shoot down the helicopters with a turret on the roof. That one was impossible on controller!

But I managed to complete Air Raid at like 11 on ps2. :D 

theweekforme

Gta san andreas has been the easiest game ever. What i dislike about the game is when looking for those oysters. They are located everywhere in the map unlike the tags, photoshoots and the horseshoes since they only locate in specific cities. What i also dont like is the import and export missions where you have to bring specific cars. It's annoying and dont bother go and look for them everywhere. I know there is youtube for all of these stuff but i find the job to be annoying in general.

psxdriverplayer
17 hours ago, HCM-FIVE-0 said:

frame limiter

"Doesn't suck, keep ON at all times" -Mr. PSX

spacer.png

PlayStation™

Licensed by

SCEI™

CynicalMexican

It always bothered me how the license plates in San Andreas were by city. Real life American license plates are by state. 

• 3 weeks later...

1 thing that bothers me is when you're changing clothes, CJ's gonna have to go through this weird animation of him posing. I have other things to hate about San Andreas and this is one of them.