Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

killer24

Things you hate/dislike in GTA San Andreas

Recommended Posts

Bryce Montrose
14 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Neither did we in III, VC, LCS and VCS. That was introduced in IV.

Not in GTA IV, but in Bully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reameb

Can't hover with the jetpack using keyboard, which sucks because its a really great feature.

Edit: I'm talking about hover feature on the jetpack (not the full usage of it), you CANT use it with keyboard, this specific feature only works with keyboard.

8 minutes ago, Mingebag' said:

lol, how you cant control it with keyboard/mouse .-. I never used it on a controller got to try it soon.

Edited by Reameb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mingebag'
6 minutes ago, Reameb said:

Can't over with the jetpack using keyboard, which sucks because its a really great feature.

lol, how you cant control it with keyboard/mouse .-. I never used it on a controller got to try it soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chunky Chopsticks

The fact that there are so many missions that either take away your weapons and ammo and replace them with inferior ones with less ammo or simply take them away altogether. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mingebag'
2 minutes ago, Chunky Chopsticks said:

The fact that there are so many missions that either take away your weapons and ammo and replace them with inferior ones with less ammo or simply take them away altogether. 

tru that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leaflinks

I think the ocean in San Andreas wasn't colorful, should of just kept the one from vc. That is on reflection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evil empire

The ocean lacks of life, it woud be more immersive with more animals, shipwrecks and secret islands for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty

In general I think vehicle customisation is pointless. Even though it was cool for the time to have vehicle customising in a GTA game it still could've been fleshed out more. The majority of it is cosmetic and the races don't let you use the vehicles you modify so it feels like a waste of time. I suppose you could equip nitrous to use in some of the missions, but beyond that from my experience anyway I only modified cars to drive them around for a bit and place in the garage never to touch them because of how easy it for them to be lost or damaged beyond repair.

 

It's not like this was foreign to R* either. They could've taken more cues from the first couple of Midnight Club games and applied them with some actual performance enhancements like suspension, brakes etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ihavepizzaas

The Driving School and Zero missions, really annoying and frustating ones...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mäx Waynë

-I hate the fact that ships are like buildings and never move.😖 They should've been drive-able, like other small boats.

-Drives me crazy when cops crash into me and I get a wanted star.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Copcaller

Zeros missions

How cj never goes off on sweets ungrateful ass 

San Andreas stories was never made

How in the shooting range has no checkpoints

How you have to requip special outfits like pimp suit after you die

How leaving victim in san fierro makes a beagle crash into cj killing him in a fiery explosion

Conquering beach for gsf annoying ballas spawn in water

Edited by Copcaller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty

-I really miss the rampages. The turf attacks are dumb because they're tied to completing the story and it's a chore having to have x% of them taken over too in order to do the last mission. The rampages in GTA III and Vice City were a blast so I don't know why they couldn't have co-existed atleast instead of being removed entirely.

 

-The sh*tty orange glow in the PS2 version that made everything look really dark and ugly.

 

-Pointless gimmicky weapons like a bunch of flowers....*sigh*

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
1 hour ago, American Venom said:

-The sh*tty orange glow in the PS2 version that made everything look really dark and ugly.

 

I used to love it so much. But when gave it a shot for a few minutes two days ago (using SkyGfx for restoring the PS2 orange filter), it just felt horrible. Maybe because my eyes are really used to GTA IV.

 

However, I preferred the PS2 color correction of Vice City to the one of San Andreas. It's brighter and not as orangish.

 

On the other hand, PC versions' color corrections felt lifeless, at least to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
perennial
2 hours ago, American Venom said:

-Pointless gimmicky weapons like a bunch of flowers....*sigh*

I think its primary purpose is to be a gift for CJ's girlfriends for a slight progression boost. Still kinda useless.

I miss the singleplayer rampages too. Gaining 35% of the territories at the end gets old and by far the weakest part of storyline completion. I actually prefer Zero's missions over them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

Doesn't every 3D era game have a point like that though? In VC you gotta buy 6 properties. Some of the missions for certain properties are actually a chore to do. In III you had to gain enough money before bomb da base which comes naturally and in SA you gotta Take over territories. By my experience it takes around 1 hour. Though I always liked it. Taking over territories never gets old. 

 

As for rampages I absolutely hated them in III due to how aggressive some of the gangs were by default but they were fun in VC. Still I'm glad we have a purpose for killing people in SA.  I can always go on Mindless rampages in free roam myself but taking over territories? No. SA was pretty much the border between 3D era and HD era. 

 

OT:

-NPCs wgo changing lanes constantly ever 3 seconds and driving like maniacs on the highways. It's insane how fast they go. They almost match your top speed which is something I've never seen before. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
2 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Doesn't every 3D era game have a point like that though? In VC you gotta buy 6 properties. Some of the missions for certain properties are actually a chore to do. In III you had to gain enough money before bomb da base which comes naturally and in SA you gotta Take over territories. By my experience it takes around 1 hour. Though I always liked it. Taking over territories never gets old. 

Just because previous games had something similar it doesn't make the turf attacks any less annoying. The fact they can be lost is the most frustrating part to me which is something that isn't a problem in GTA III or Vice City.

 

-I like buying properties in Vice City as it gives money a purpose and it ties well into the story. Granted yeah not all the missions associated with them are great, but once they're bought there's no other managing tied to them beyond just the missions themselves.

 

-It's been a number of years since I finished GTA III, but I can't imagine this being too much of a hassle since there's really nothing to spend money on anyway and it's easy to save up since the mission/side mission payouts are so ridiculously bloated. I once had $250,000 by the time I started working for Joey.

 

Each to their own, but the turf attacks are ONE of the reasons I couldn't be bothered to finish the story. Just a chore to manage and they're boring IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
2 hours ago, American Venom said:

Just because previous games had something similar it doesn't make the turf attacks any less annoying. The fact they can be lost is the most frustrating part to me which is something that isn't a problem in GTA III or Vice City.

 

-I like buying properties in Vice City as it gives money a purpose and it ties well into the story. Granted yeah not all the missions associated with them are great, but once they're bought there's no other managing tied to them beyond just the missions themselves.

 

-It's been a number of years since I finished GTA III, but I can't imagine this being too much of a hassle since there's really nothing to spend money on anyway and it's easy to save up since the mission/side mission payouts are so ridiculously bloated. I once had $250,000 by the time I started working for Joey.

 

Each to their own, but the turf attacks are ONE of the reasons I couldn't be bothered to finish the story. Just a chore to manage and they're boring IMO.

Sure an opinion is an opinion. Though I myself definitely preferred them over driving an ice cream truck for a boring mission and gaining cash from a porn studio or waiting for vehicles to spawn for import export. Gang wars are probably my favorite side mission in any GTA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Son of Zeus
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

Sure an opinion is an opinion. Though I myself definitely preferred them over driving an ice cream truck for a boring mission and gaining cash from a porn studio or waiting for vehicles to spawn for import export. Gang wars are probably my favorite side mission in any GTA. 

Yeah the property missions weren't great in VC. Liked the gang missions.... it fits the story and the game would've felt odd if it didn't have them. Before the final mission you gotta take territories so someone tells Big Smoke's location. 

 

As for rampages... meh. They were okay in VC,  not really a great feature. Didn't miss them. 

 

 

Edited by Son of Zeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
6 hours ago, American Venom said:

Each to their own, but the turf attacks are ONE of the reasons I couldn't be bothered to finish the story. Just a chore to manage and they're boring IMO.

I know what you mean.

 

I personally was so hyped when I unlocked the turf wars, but it started to get tedious so fast, especially by the end of the game.

 

I definitely prefer the rampage missions to them, especially in Vice City and Vice City Stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
56 minutes ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

I know what you mean.

 

I personally was so hyped when I unlocked the turf wars, but it started to get tedious so fast, especially by the end of the game.

 

I definitely prefer the rampage missions to them, especially in Vice City and Vice City Stories.

Like I said there's no reason they couldn't have co-existed. I get the turf wars/attacks "fit" in with the story, but the way it's done is poorly handled. 

 

Also I miss the assassinations too. Instead there's sh*t like valet and quarry side missions. Yawn..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
perennial

Taking over the required amount of territories takes almost an hour using the quickest method: tons of minigun ammo and activating the Vigilante mission to cancel the third wave of enemies.

In comparison the most boring asset mission in VC, Distribution, takes 10 to 15 minutes. The other VC assets are fine IMO and the Ice Cream Factory can be skipped.

Edited by perennial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

Assassination missions are mostly transferred to the main story for C. R. A. S. H missions. Though they are not titled as Assassinations but their structure is very similar. The people you kill also aren't known members of the story. They are targets given by a contact(Tenpenny). Though in this case you could say any GTA has loads of Assassinations. In SA the Tenpenny missions felt EXACTLY like classic GTA Assassinations therefore I think their presence with that structure was why Assassination side missions were cut. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evil empire

A good part of the quarry missions suck and the reward you receive for completing them is too weak.

Edited by Evil empire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ballas King

The only things I disliked were Zero's missions and dancing. Otherwise the perfect game. 😎

Edited by wfank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evil empire

Many intersting places are always empty like the San Fierro cargo freighters or the K.A.C.C military fuels for example.

 

You can't perform rampages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
perennial
On 2/8/2019 at 3:59 PM, perennial said:

Taking over the required amount of territories takes almost an hour using the quickest method: tons of minigun ammo and activating the Vigilante mission to cancel the third wave of enemies.

I just wanted to correct my statement: it can be done in about half an hour actually (based on my recent playthrough). Still, I think the endgame should have been done more interestingly.

 

I agree that some areas feel too empty. I also think Area 69 should have been populated by soldiers (like the Fort Baxter Air Base in VC, and also the Black Project mission). Having NPC planes land and take off at the airports would have been nice touch as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
j7n

The gang wars could be less repetitive, with fewer larger territories, and instead of the fixed waves we could fight gang members placed randomly or in strategic locations. But they are not that bad, compared to other aspects of the game (like dancing). I feel that painting the land, expanding and seeing my progress adds a goal to aim for and legitimacy to free form shooting, compared to killing other kinds of people on the street, and gives a more exciting method of training up gun skill and collecting ammo than shooting a fixed target or pushing a button in ammunation. Losing the territories sucks (I still fought gang wars, knowing this), especially when they get reset to the exact same ownership that the game started with, cos screw you and your effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big_Smiley
8 hours ago, j7n said:

The gang wars could be less repetitive, with fewer larger territories, and instead of the fixed waves we could fight gang members placed randomly or in strategic locations. But they are not that bad, compared to other aspects of the game (like dancing). I feel that painting the land, expanding and seeing my progress adds a goal to aim for and legitimacy to free form shooting, compared to killing other kinds of people on the street, and gives a more exciting method of training up gun skill and collecting ammo than shooting a fixed target or pushing a button in ammunation. Losing the territories sucks (I still fought gang wars, knowing this), especially when they get reset to the exact same ownership that the game started with, cos screw you and your effort.

It's just a simple but yet kinda annoying thing about the gang wars. You have to keep them up to base. What I'm saying is that you got to protect them regularly everytime you take turf away from other gangs. Of course the rival gang are going to be pissed you took over their area but mabye it could have been leveled out in between time. Mabye like a few in game days or something once in a while. The attacks happens to often really.

 

The fun mistake I did on my old PS2 save file is that while I had cheat devices years ago I allowed third party gangs (Aztecas, Rifa, Triads, Da nang) to have all territories in the whole LS map. So a gang war would start every single damn time throughout the map :p Thank goodness for extra save files :turn:

Edited by Big_Smiley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty

-I wish Liberty City had a bigger role in the story than just one mission. I liked the snow covered St Marks and it was a nice break from the boring desert/Las Venturas portion. Though it would've been nice to have included some more missions there,

 

-The asset properties are crap compared to the ones in Vice City.  I don't even remember half of them in this game. Vice City's are more memorable and creative.

 

-The lack of rideable taxis an alternative mode of transport. Many times I've found myself stuck on one side of the map then having a mission a distance away and thinking of the tedious drive ahead because of the map size.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
El Penguin Bobo
Posted (edited)

-Dual wielding system: I don't mind it as long it gives me an option to go back to one handed. In this game however, doesn't give me the option.

 

-The copy and paste interiors: I may have mentioned this before, but I don't like how most of the interiors are just copy and paste, and they are mostly from safehouses.

 

22 minutes ago, American Venom said:

The lack of rideable taxis an alternative mode of transport. Many times I've found myself stuck on one side of the map then having a mission a distance away and thinking of the tedious drive ahead because of the map size.

I agree. Photo Opportunity is a perfect example of this. You have to go from San Fierro, to the countryside, and then once you complete the mission, the game just leaves you stranded in the countryside, so you're forced to drive all the way back so you can activate the next mission. 

 

I've also heard someone whine about how they have to drive all the time in the game just to get to the next mission. lol

Edited by xXPinguXx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.