Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killer24

Things you hate/dislike in GTA San Andreas

Beg_Ultra

Well, you can't actually sneak that much... by some of them, yes, but there is a decent number of the ones you'll have to kill... you can't sneak unnoticed all the way (and then return back as well). And... if one of them sees you, then all the ones you sneaked by, will come and shoot at you...

Well, they could've made a special feature used in only some missions, where you could for example use the other side of a gun, or use a basseball bat or something, to send the people to sleep. 

Official General
3 hours ago, Beg_Ultra said:

Well, you can't actually sneak that much... by some of them, yes, but there is a decent number of the ones you'll have to kill... you can't sneak unnoticed all the way (and then return back as well). And... if one of them sees you, then all the ones you sneaked by, will come and shoot at you...

Well, they could've made a special feature used in only some missions, where you could for example use the other side of a gun, or use a basseball bat or something, to send the people to sleep. 

I only kill them if they spot me, because then I have a justifiable reason to defend myself, as they will shoot at me. Or I just run away and let them shoot at me as long as I have enough body armour and health to escape.

Beg_Ultra
1 hour ago, Official General said:

I only kill them if they spot me, because then I have a justifiable reason to defend myself, as they will shoot at me. Or I just run away and let them shoot at me as long as I have enough body armour and health to escape.

Well, if they spot you, they will shoot before you can kill them, and then you'll have to kill all of them (or to run before they kill you) because as soon as one shoots at you, they will all be after you.

And, there is another thing... When I'm playing for real, I'm trying to do the missions in a proper way. I mean, I do it the way it looks normal, and how it's supposed to be. When I play for real, I don't fool arround. So... I see no point if I don't sneak when stealing the rhyme book, stealing the jetpack, planting the explosive in Sherman Dam etc. I mean, I can simply kill everyone just like that and then proceed undisturbed, but that's not the real deal, I see no point doing it that way....so I'm always developing the ways to sneak as much as I can, but the patterns of the guards are made in that way that you just can't sneak all the way, someone's just gonna spot you, and then you'll have to kill them all anyways.... which wouldn't be the case if you could put the people into sleep

Edited by Beg_Ultra

Icanhandlerejection

Browsing through a few off this topic posts mentioning random plane crashes...

Random Plane Crashes and specifically one which crashed on Mount Chillead killing my poor CJ while about to get on the mountain bike for a useless Chillead Challenge race.

Edited by Icanhandlerejection

gtafaninwest

The hunger system and constant hood attacks.

grosso2626

1. Catalina, she was fine in GTA 3 but here she really got on my nerves.

2. The Ballas, feels like their territory is everywhere at the beginning of the game.

3. Zero's Missions. I can beat them, but they're time consuming and annoying. Plus you have to drop 30,000 dollars to even do them.

4. That mission where you have to steal the harvester from the farm and bring it to the truth. I kept falling off the road and flipping over bringing it back.

5. The mission where you have to locate the van at the airport then escape the cops after destroying it.

6. Ryder, was glad when you finally killed him.

CharlieSN95

I absolutely hated Zero's missions. They felt so out of place in regards to the rest of the game and were overall a nuisance.   

Reyiz Kovan

End of the line:

cj:hey,i know you down fo this,but i gotta go there alone

Sweet:what?

cj:smoke played me,tenpenny played me

sweet:they played us all

cj:yeah i know,but i was stealin jetpacks when my family needed me

sweet:ni**a what the f*** is this bulls***?!?!?...

the playa
On 11/6/2018 at 4:49 AM, Big_Smiley said:

GSF was a gang about respect and loyalty. Not including Smoke and Ryder story wise :turn: Since they are one of the oldest gangs in LS, they stook to their roots in the early 90's of "strictly gangbanging only" and expanding turf. A part of Sweets morals. When ever he rose in ranks to become the leader of course. There was no interest in selling drugs here as they didn't care for money and in my honest opinion R* nailed the backstory of the Grove Street families pretty well.

In reality, many many LA gangs of the late 60's and 70's only focused on expanding turf and gaining more neighborhoods from rival gangs. Since there was a time where no one was safe from rival gangs in growing neighborhoods around LA, gang wars and homicides were necessary. A harsh reality of LA's rough days within the ghettos. Sh*t, if i didn't wake the f*ck up back in the day I probably wouldn't be here typing this. So for me R* got their part correct in studying old history of gangs from where they started. That's just where GSF was at during SA's period time. Sticking to their history roots even though the two other known gangs Ballas and Vagos we're heavily involved in drug dealing while gangbanging at the same time.

It's the same exact story with Caesars gang, the Aztecas who only cared for Respect, loyalty, and turf. Not touching drugs in any single way. Just strictly together as a large clique watching out for each other and rival gangs while protecting their neighborhood with pride. Not in my game though because i mixed Vagos, Ballas and GSF into their entire neighborhood. So basically there's constantly shoot outs in every direction of El Corona, LOL. Gta san andreas in truly my favorite gta hands down :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I would personally stay away from those versions imo. Just plain awful really. Steam is pretty bad aswell but damn the HD versions are a mess. Way to many bugs to even mention. I mean, I can't think of even one, lol. I never liked the whole polish crap they threw on there. Especially on the vehicles. I think there was an option to disable in the settings?? Not sure. Been some time since playing the mobile version. The one thing that's comes in handy though is the auto save and having a second chance to play a failed mission instead of having to drive miles back to start the mission again. Best version to enjoy for me would be PS2 and PC with a few mods installed and you can have the best looking version :D

Yeah i agree i also have the game with a few PS2 mods installed and a few bug fixes at least the steam version can be downgraded :D

3 minutes ago, the playa said:

Yeah i agree i also have the game with a few PS2 mods installed and a few bug fixes at least the steam version can be downgraded :D about the beta version well i only installed the 2 ammunition mod and some beta gangs

the playa
On 11/6/2018 at 4:49 AM, Big_Smiley said:

GSF was a gang about respect and loyalty. Not including Smoke and Ryder story wise :turn: Since they are one of the oldest gangs in LS, they stook to their roots in the early 90's of "strictly gangbanging only" and expanding turf. A part of Sweets morals. When ever he rose in ranks to become the leader of course. There was no interest in selling drugs here as they didn't care for money and in my honest opinion R* nailed the backstory of the Grove Street families pretty well.

In reality, many many LA gangs of the late 60's and 70's only focused on expanding turf and gaining more neighborhoods from rival gangs. Since there was a time where no one was safe from rival gangs in growing neighborhoods around LA, gang wars and homicides were necessary. A harsh reality of LA's rough days within the ghettos. Sh*t, if i didn't wake the f*ck up back in the day I probably wouldn't be here typing this. So for me R* got their part correct in studying old history of gangs from where they started. That's just where GSF was at during SA's period time. Sticking to their history roots even though the two other known gangs Ballas and Vagos we're heavily involved in drug dealing while gangbanging at the same time.

It's the same exact story with Caesars gang, the Aztecas who only cared for Respect, loyalty, and turf. Not touching drugs in any single way. Just strictly together as a large clique watching out for each other and rival gangs while protecting their neighborhood with pride. Not in my game though because i mixed Vagos, Ballas and GSF into their entire neighborhood. So basically there's constantly shoot outs in every direction of El Corona, LOL. Gta san andreas in truly my favorite gta hands down :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I would personally stay away from those versions imo. Just plain awful really. Steam is pretty bad aswell but damn the HD versions are a mess. Way to many bugs to even mention. I mean, I can't think of even one, lol. I never liked the whole polish crap they threw on there. Especially on the vehicles. I think there was an option to disable in the settings?? Not sure. Been some time since playing the mobile version. The one thing that's comes in handy though is the auto save and having a second chance to play a failed mission instead of having to drive miles back to start the mission again. Best version to enjoy for me would be PS2 and PC with a few mods installed and you can have the best looking version :D

Yeah i actually got the true PS2 version at amazon yesteday yeah the autosave is good but as i said it could corrupt your save if you are not careful (speedrunners also got there saves corrupted because of getting rushed and heading over to a loading screen before the saving box disappear's)

15 minutes ago, the playa said:

2 minutes ago, the playa said:

2 minutes ago, the playa said:

oh and Yeah i actually got the true PS2 version at amazon yesteday yeah the autosave is good but as i said it could corrupt your save if you are not careful (speedrunners also got there saves corrupted because of getting rushed and heading over to a loading screen before the saving box disappear's)

Edited by the playa

Spectre_

stierlitz car mod.......very bad

gtaisthecoolest

frame limiter off issues, zeros missions and cop wheels glitch

Gion
On 4/3/2013 at 3:03 AM, Varrio said:

I hate Zeroes missions & Driving school. If you think about it neither are really needed for the storyline.

In fact, these are optional missions that aren't required for the storyline..

Miamivicecity
12 hours ago, Gion said:

In fact, these are optional missions that aren't required for the storyline..

I hope you realise you quoted a post that was made over 5 years ago. Optional or not Zero's missions are terrible and aren't fun in any way. The driving school is pointless because the majority of the tricks taught would never be useful in a regular situation. I only done it to see if there was any benefit, but it felt like a colossal waste of of time. Same with the boat and bike schools.

The flying school is the only "school" that feels like it has any point.

TheSantader25
7 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

I hope you realise you quoted a post that was made over 5 years ago. Optional or not Zero's missions are terrible and aren't fun in any way. The driving school is pointless because the majority of the tricks taught would never be useful in a regular situation. I only done it to see if there was any benefit, but it felt like a colossal waste of of time. Same with the boat and bike schools.

I enjoyed Zero's missions and I saw many people say that in this forum as well. At least they aren't forced upon people who don't like it like VC. they are for people who enjoy it. The schools are side activities as well that I enjoy and even if they serve no purpose which they do(They made me more comfortable with those vehicles and I personally felt more experienced with the game mechanics after that)  they increase your skills. 

Miamivicecity
2 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

I enjoyed Zero's missions and I saw many people say that in this forum as well. At least they aren't forced upon people who don't like it like VC. they are for people who enjoy it. The schools are side activities as well that I enjoy and even if they serve no purpose which they do(They made me more comfortable with those vehicles and I personally felt more experienced with the game mechanics after that)  they increase your skills. 

Well I've never liked them in any GTA as the idea of hardened criminals playing with RC toys is silly/juvenile even by 3D era standards. That's not even considering the clunky controls that make them a nightmare to control.

Beg_Ultra

To be honest, I didn't enjoy Zero's missions in the beginning, I mean when I first played GTA, but now that I'm experienced, they're fun and not as hard at all.

About the Driving School, if your driving skill is not full, passing all the tests will boost it for 50%. Which would otherwise mean hours and hours of driving. Also, it will bring you a Hotknife if you get all the golds, which would otherwise take hours starting and canceling the Vigilante missions to find it.

And, even without these benefits, the school is still ok. Does everything have to give some benefits? There are many missions, both story and side, that won't give you anything, you simply pass them for the sake of passing them, because it's a part of the game, the game is supposed to have missions, tasks, tests, what's the point of the game if it doesn't have these things? So I see the Driving School as one of the game's tests, missions. 

Edited by Beg_Ultra

Gion
On 12/3/2018 at 6:25 AM, Miamivicecity said:

still xd, and about Zero missions they can be fun once you learn the controls, some of the tricks of driving school can be useful,you arent forced to get gold to get 100% and you do get some bonuses, better driving skill and 3 bonus cars

Edited by Gion

Bryce Montrose

To be honest GTA San Andreas storyline was quite boring, but there are a lot of great missions, it's little ridiculous because GSF prohibit drugs? this makes no sense, so what is the purpose of GSF formed? and I don't like much the sound effects, but that doesn't mean I hate it, I prefer GTA VC sound effects like the bike sound effect, the bike sound effect in GTA VC was very awesome, it caused me to be very excited

iiCriminnaaL 49
8 minutes ago, Bryce Montrose said:

To be honest GTA San Andreas storyline was quite boring

Except in this, I agree with everything else written here.

IndogamersPro

Flying School missions.
The plane sequences are fine, and fun. But when it comes to the helicopter missions, it's hell. You'll stuck there forever if you aren't skilled enough at shooting objects while piloting an attack helicopter.

Beg_Ultra
3 hours ago, IndogamersPro said:

Flying School missions.
The plane sequences are fine, and fun. But when it comes to the helicopter missions, it's hell. You'll stuck there forever if you aren't skilled enough at shooting objects while piloting an attack helicopter.

So, if you're not skilled, what do you do? You practice :) And practice, and practice. Give me 20 mins and I'll get you all golds in your gameplay. Lately I do them every now and then, just for fun. My point is...once you're experienced and learn all that needs to be learned, it won't be hard anymore

Evil empire
8 hours ago, IndogamersPro said:

Flying School missions.

It's strange, I've always been much more at ease with helicos than planes.

Big_Smiley
2 hours ago, Evil empire said:

Same. I find myself as a Kamikaze everytime I do the flying missions, lol, poor CJ. I'm just not that good with planes especially in low altitude. N.O.E was a disaster for me years back. Helicopters seem to be my go to. One of the reasons why when IV didn't have planes available, i had no problem about this compared to others. Same sh*t with Tevor in V. Can't recall how many times I loose control of the plane then crash to a damn nearby mountain. Other times during populated areas around LS, lol.

Edited by Big_Smiley

j7n

The flying school is not hard at all compared to driving school. City slicking and burn and lap were a real punishers, and lock nice scripted missions of the Wang Cars. The Flight School gives you generous time to make one or two mistakes and still get gold medals. Besides the obvious ability to over-pitch the Hunter, the keyboard might need remapping to a logical layout for each type of aircraft, where it also allows an easy reach to the shoot button at the same time as height control. Alternatively you can jam the secondary fire button with a match and shoot the machine gun all the time. Out of all flying missions only the Hydra mission was challenging because of the high speeds, and need to use targetting and missiles. I don't enjoy flying planes at all in SA. The map is too small for the fastest planes, and at that speed I can't look at any objects. Helis are comparatively safe, as can come to a stop and rise above any obstacles, except maybe Leviathan and the RC Raider.

The skills and stats increase by themselves without management while doing varied activities, such as enjoying the Photo Opportunity and Trucking and collecting free guns, way more exciting than attempting the same race for literally 100 times. Muscle/health/bike are usually full and driving skill is about half full by the end of the game, and there is no practical reason to make it full.

I hate how hard the driving "school" is, and wish it was a little easier.

Edited by j7n

IndogamersPro
23 hours ago, Evil empire said:

That's weird... I always felt piloting planes were much more easier than helicopters.... since planes controls are pretty much like a bike, with rudder (Q & E) while helicopter control scheme are different.

j7n

The control scheme is an issue with both aircraft and helicopter. On the ground a plane functions like a car, yet I can't use the same buttons to steer it. The normal Left/Right don't function. And in the air the left/right need only to be touched for a moment, while in a car I am used to holding them down for longer period for a given amount of heading change. Makes much sense to remap them to Q and E. A PC-native game would likely have a long list of all the separate actions and allow them to be mapped, and not have nonsense like Enter exiting carmod or Sprint going up in jetpack, but Jump going down. But yeah if sticking to the default buttons is a condition, a helicopter is very hard, next to impossible to fly. However, a heli (outside of timed missions) gives the option to stop and think.