Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

ThirteenAG

[REL|VC] Vice City Neons

Recommended Posts

No.

This mod is excellent!!! It keeps the game's atmosphere but improves the looks A LOT.

 

I think I'm using v4, I decided to comment a few lines that have neons floating around in places where there's some missing VCS model, using a # so they don't load in the game. They are the missing billboard near the biker's bar, some place in Little Haiti, the missing airport tower top, some burgers place in the mainland (it's a pizzeria in VC) and some shop near the stadium.

 

It's these, I can't remember which ones were commented by default:
-Mainla.ipl

#6301, mainla509, 0, -1046.0366, -363.58301, 20.822784, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
#6316, mainla743, 0, -674.44714, 1165.8571, 46.443886, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
#6318, mainla745, 0, -951.22858, 1331.1042, 49.969215, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
#6321, mainla1049, 0, -841.755, 1195.4109, 14.526558, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
#6330, mainla1393, 0, -900.3551, 843.22888, 19.111853, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
#6334, mainla1397, 0, -628.71588, 694.55114, 30.845093, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
#6397, mainla3372, 0, -1685.53, -923.043, 93.7048, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0.707106312094, 0.707107250279
#6453, mainla4715, 0, -1685.53, -923.043, 93.7048, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0.707106312094, 0.707107250279
#6457, mainla4944, 0, -628.71588, 694.53527, 30.845093, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
#6465, mainla5098, 0, -951.22858, 1331.0693, 49.969215, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1

 

-beach.ipl

#6118, beach751, 0, -628.71588, 694.55114, 30.845093, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1

 

Edited by SonicTheSexhog
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dominik_

Hey, would you mind fixing the Weird LOD issues on Ocean Beach as well as on Washington Beach? + remove some floating non-existing neons? Please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No.

Hah I was wondering about those LOD issues on Ocean Beach and Washington Beach as well, I still hadn't figured out where they came from. Not that they are a huge issue or anything though (I don't mind if they were caused by the neons mod because the neons mod freaking rules). Gonna see what I can find.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dominik_

its Neon Mod fault, and btw The Hotel in Vice Port has a wrong neon in front of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartaque12
1 minute ago, MysteryDriverX said:

Hah I was wondering about those LOD issues on Ocean Beach and Washington Beach as well, I still hadn't figured out where they came from. Not that they are a huge issue or anything though (I don't mind if they were caused by the neons mod because the neons mod freaking rules). Gonna see what I can find.

 

u can use http://gta.rockstarvision.com/utils/librw_bin/euryopa.exe
just put it in the root folder and launch it, select object and press I ( do it in futher distance to see lod)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gts.
On 11/9/2018 at 5:58 AM, MysteryDriverX said:
Spoiler

 

This mod is excellent!!! It keeps the game's atmosphere but improves the looks A LOT.

 

I think I'm using v4, I decided to comment a few lines that have neons floating around in places where there's some missing VCS model, using a # so they don't load in the game. They are the missing billboard near the biker's bar, some place in Little Haiti, the missing airport tower top, some burgers place in the mainland (it's a pizzeria in VC) and some shop near the stadium.

 

It's these, I can't remember which ones were commented by default:
-Mainla.ipl

#6301, mainla509, 0, -1046.0366, -363.58301, 20.822784, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
#6316, mainla743, 0, -674.44714, 1165.8571, 46.443886, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
#6318, mainla745, 0, -951.22858, 1331.1042, 49.969215, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
#6321, mainla1049, 0, -841.755, 1195.4109, 14.526558, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
#6330, mainla1393, 0, -900.3551, 843.22888, 19.111853, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
#6334, mainla1397, 0, -628.71588, 694.55114, 30.845093, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
#6397, mainla3372, 0, -1685.53, -923.043, 93.7048, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0.707106312094, 0.707107250279
#6453, mainla4715, 0, -1685.53, -923.043, 93.7048, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0.707106312094, 0.707107250279
#6457, mainla4944, 0, -628.71588, 694.53527, 30.845093, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
#6465, mainla5098, 0, -951.22858, 1331.0693, 49.969215, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1

 

-beach.ipl

#6118, beach751, 0, -628.71588, 694.55114, 30.845093, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1

 

 

That's really nice. What about of disable the VCS malibu neon lights and the Ocean View Hotel lights too because they are overlapping the original ones? I don't know if other buildings has some issues though.

Edited by gts.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No.

I'll check that one out and see if I can find it, and same with the one near the port. I wanted to try to edit the models to remove only the extra parts but I still can't figure out how to make neons glow in the game after editing.

 

EDIT:
These are the Beachcomber in Vice Port ("Hooker Inn Express" in Vice City):

mainla.ipl
#6392, mainla3213, 0, -986.30334, -1153.9329, 25.205937, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
#6454, mainla4769, 0, -986.30334, -1153.9487, 25.205937, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1

beach.ipl
#6218, beach3766, 0, -986.30334, -1153.9265, 25.205937, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1

Edited by MysteryDriverX
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nicoolitas

Those mod work on United map on GTA SA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartaque12
3 hours ago, Nicoolitas said:

Those mod work on United map on GTA SA?

how it can work? if this mod for VC
latest?cb=20150118112342&path-prefix=ru

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATeaDaze

Is there a way to have *only* the neons on the tall buildings (the ones on the road near the Malibu club and outside the beach).

 

I like the neon lights on the Vice Beach strip but the really low-res window textures are distracting (I'm guessing they're directly from the PSP/PS2 game?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nicoolitas
1 hour ago, spartaque12 said:

how it can work? if this mod for VC
latest?cb=20150118112342&path-prefix=ru

GTA UNITED BRO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gts.
1 hour ago, ATeaDaze said:

Is there a way to have *only* the neons on the tall buildings (the ones on the road near the Malibu club and outside the beach).

 

I like the neon lights on the Vice Beach strip but the really low-res window textures are distracting (I'm guessing they're directly from the PSP/PS2 game?)

Yes, neons are from PS2.

 

4 minutes ago, Nicoolitas said:

GTA UNITED BRO

GTA United runs on SA engine, this is for Vice City. If you want them for GTA United convert them yourself, check some tutorial or whatever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akiri

i have already installed P2DX but this mod not work... please help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akiri

i have already installed 2DFX but this mod not work... please help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akiri
10 hours ago, Akiri said:

i have already installed P2DX but this mod not work... please help

i really like this mod.but don't know why it just can't run succesfully,anyone can help me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_786

This mod looks awesome. But the problem is that it aint working with my game. I did follow all steps to install V4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akiri
On 5/31/2019 at 4:07 PM, Ash_786 said:

This mod looks awesome. But the problem is that it aint working with my game. I did follow all steps to install V4.

I installed it succesfully.

after put the mod folder into modloader,you need edit gta_vc.dat too

 

The edit method is in v3 mod pack

Edited by Akiri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80sDriver
Posted (edited)

I have a solution for the LOD issues for this mod and a solution to other mods. If you're using Open Limit Adjuster v.1.5.7 you have to downgrade it to v1.5.6 because some mods are having issues with v1.5.7, like Updated SCM and CS Characters 10th Anniversary Edition. After downgrading Open Limit Adjuster to v1.5.6, edit the file: III.VC.SA.LimitAdjuster.ini and change TimeModels = unlimited to TimeModels = 10000, that should fix the LOD issues and some other issues for other mods in your game. I used modloader for all of my mods so I don't have to replace any files in my game and it all works. I hope this helps.

 

Edited by 80sDriver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
justin50

Plz make this mod compatible for VCLF..it crashes midway but works fine without VCLF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80sDriver

It is compatible just edit the gta_vc.dat that VCLF use then add the neons there.

 

#
# Object types
#

IDE data\maps\neons\beach.ide
IDE data\maps\neons\mainla.ide

 

#collision data

COLFILE 0 data\maps\neons\neons.col

 

SPLASH loadsc3

 

IPL data\maps\neons\beach.ipl
IPL data\maps\neons\mainla.ipl

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
justin50
On 3/27/2020 at 10:19 AM, 80sDriver said:

It is compatible just edit the gta_vc.dat that VCLF use then add the neons there.

 

#
# Object types
#

IDE data\maps\neons\beach.ide
IDE data\maps\neons\mainla.ide

 

#collision data

COLFILE 0 data\maps\neons\neons.col

 

SPLASH loadsc3

 

IPL data\maps\neons\beach.ipl
IPL data\maps\neons\mainla.ipl

 

Okay now it works!! I had to add files into game manually,for some reason the game didn't load files from modloader 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
justin50
Posted (edited)

I had to install Maxo's vehicle loader with open limit adjuster and boom it works

Edited by justin50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
justin50

Is there any fix for floating lod neons (white boxes) around the map? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
justin50
On 3/29/2020 at 9:21 PM, justin50 said:

Is there any fix for floating lod neons (white boxes) around the map? 

ANYONE??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xSapphirePlayz

9kiJe3z.png

 

how do i fix this sh*t?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
justin50
5 hours ago, xSapphirePlayz said:

9kiJe3z.png

 

how do i fix this sh*t?

Exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80sDriver
Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2020 at 1:17 PM, xSapphirePlayz said:

9kiJe3z.png

 

how do i fix this sh*t?

That's the Redwood Jr. sign in VCS on top on the Verdi Supermarket Store. I'll try to find a solution to remove this. Try looking at the mainla.ipl or beach.ipl files then put a # at the beginning of the line if you found that neon model so the game doesn't load it.

Edited by 80sDriver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80sDriver
On 3/31/2020 at 1:17 PM, xSapphirePlayz said:

9kiJe3z.png

 

how do i fix this sh*t?

The model for that neon sign is beach339.dff and mainla519.dff but since I cannot find it in the .ipl files, you can safely delete it from gta3.img

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xSapphirePlayz
Posted (edited)

 

On 4/2/2020 at 10:28 PM, 80sDriver said:

The model for that neon sign is beach339.dff and mainla519.dff but since I cannot find it in the .ipl files, you can safely delete it from gta3.img

Yoooo I was gonna download VC again but you saved me! thx so much :)

 

EDIT: Help me again @80sDrivershe51SH.png

 

Edited by xSapphirePlayz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
justin50
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, xSapphirePlayz said:

 

Yoooo I was gonna download VC again but you saved me! thx so much :)

 

EDIT: Help me again @80sDrivershe51SH.png

 

there are lot of these all around vice city...it needs to be fixed. I found one near ocean beach next to colonel's yacht, one inside the demolished building   

Edited by justin50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.