Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,664 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Red XIII

State of decay

Red XIII

user posted image

"The end is here. Life as you knew it has gone to hell after the mother of all zombie outbreaks. Now you and the few scattered survivors must band together to survive and rebuild in a 3rd-person action game set in a dynamic open world. You choose where to make your stand, designing and fortifying your home base, performing daring raids for food and ammunition, and rescuing other playable survivors with unique talents. The open, sandbox world develops in real-time, shaped by your actions, dynamically generating content based on your choices and the ever-increasing zombie threat."

State of Decay is an open world zombie-survival game, currently under development at Undead Labs for release on Xbox LIVE Arcade and PC.

Facebook page: State of decay FB page

PAX East 2013: State of Decay Hands-On preview: State of decay review

State of decay gameplay:

Now, I know the animations aren't the best and there are a few bugs but remember its still in development AND its an XBLA title, not a AAA title. For a game of this size that's on Xbox live arcade, its impressive to say the least, and to top it off, one of the developers said at PAX that's its weeks not months until this game is released.

EDIT: Just to clear up some confusion, this game has been in development since 2009, way before dayz ever existed. So please, before you comment saying "dayz clone", do some research about this game and you'll realise its more than just loot and survive.

Edited by Red XIII

I<3GTAV

Sounds pretty fun, going to check it out and save Microsoft points for when it comes out.

SausageInACan

I can't wait for this to come out and the multiplayer one to.

The thing that sucks though is that undead labs said that this game was gonna come out in the beginning of February then they said the end of February sad.gif

So I think this will probably come out in like two months.

theNGclan

The gameplay looks pretty linear/stiff. Unless this has character customization I won't be interested.

Chukkles

Looks good for an XBLA title.

I'm defiantly interested in this.

Love a good zombie SURVIVAL game.

Is this multiplayer? If not thats changes things. It's more of a "gonna have to check the trial".

Edited by Chukkles

SausageInACan

Is this multiplayer? If not thats changes things. It's more of a "gonna have to check the trial".

They will be attempting to make this multiplayer after the single player version is out.

Red XIII

After the release they said there going to try and incorporate co op into it, then after that there going to take player feedback and make an mmo.

Fireman

This game has been with microsoft for almost an entire month now, must be something that's out of order for it to take so long.

Could also just be tactical for the sales that they're just keeping it back until the best moment to sell. I am looking forward to this (on the PC), looks a lot better than any of the survival crap we've gotten so far.

Kimd41

Another DayZ clone? Bah.

Fireman
Another DayZ clone? Bah.

Atleast this one is a ton better than Day-Z.

I didn't think there could be a worse zombie survival game than Day-Z but then WarZ came, that was just hilarious.

Red XIII

Another DayZ clone? Bah.

Not really, since this has been in development since 2009, way before Dayz. anyway dayz is sh*t, its more a free for all match between players and its boring as f*ck.

Do some research before you post, SOD is nothing like dayz at all.

The sad thing is there are a lot of people on forums that start threads saying "yet another dayz clone" when they don't know nothing about it. ignorance, ay. What can you do...

Edited by Red XIII

Chukkles

So this really could be out any day now.

Microsoft seem to be a bit of a nightmare when it comes to putting stuff onto XBLA.

Farsight have had no end of troubles with their "pinball arcade" series, though some of that is to do with their publishers going bankrupt, Microsoft have held things back on them before.

gsbadreligion

I'm going to get this then, looks sick because it incorporates SURVIVAL and the ability to choose where you stay and stuff like that. It's kind of sad that with all the zombie games out there the one that hits xbla is the one worth mentioning. The game definitely doesn't have great animations but with a game that's probably going to be $20 and looks to be a new experience in zombie games who cares. Raiding supplies, choosing where to stay the night, vehicles, multiple characters, etc. where do i sign up.

Chukkles

To me it kinda looks like the full on action version of telltale games walking dead series.

I am very interested in this and can't wait for MS to pull their fingers out.

Red XIII

To me it kinda looks like the full on action version of telltale games walking dead series.

Undead labs have written "Man. I cannot WAIT. What are you guys doing around 12, 12:30, maybe 1 PM PDT tomorrow?" on their Facebook page, another status was "calm in the lab before the storm". I'm guessing that we will have a release date tomorrow(hopefully).

EDIT: They have given a release month, which is June, hopefully tomorrow we will have a specific date.

Edited by Red XIII

HUGOHL

I would like to see it like that too, but I don't think this game will have such a good story, I feel like the characters will have no personality.

Master of San Andreas

It does look fun but I don't think it will have a really amazing story like the other Zombie games. Still looks pretty fun for a arcade game though.

Fireman

Well as long as there still isn't a good zombie survival game I welcome anyone who tries to make one.

Shame that they said it'd be out in February and it's still not out and I have to wait even longer before it comes to PC sad.gif

Red XIII

Yea I don't think the story in this game will have much depth to it, that being said though I think the developers were focusing more on the survival side of things. you make up your own story as you go along type thing, that's the way I see it anyway.

friendly luggage

New trailer:

It's sad that they've got ratings and comments disabled.

I like the look of the vehicles such as the Crown Vic and station wagon.

Fireman

Wrong article. tounge.gif

Looking forward do this, looks a lot of fun! Despite no storyline and not that much deepness in the gameplay.

Chukkles

I know it's pretty set for Wednesday.

But that article is extremely vague and shows proof of nothing.

Still, looking forward to this one, I'm hoping for a true survival experiance.

iNero

I know it's pretty set for Wednesday.

But that article is extremely vague and shows proof of nothing.

Still, looking forward to this one, I'm hoping for a true survival experiance.

Afaik they officially confirmed the Date after this article was posted from Polygon

Edit:

Yes, its confirmed. They updated their article

Daz

I am not a huge fan of zombie games, although a free roam game in this enviroment sounds awesome.

I don't know if it has co-op but god damn I would totally buy it if it did.

kudoboi

still waiting for PC release date confused.gif. goddamit MS why do you have to pay companies to do timed exclusives

PS: i don't believe their whole "still in development" BS

Edited by kudoboi

Red XIII

still waiting for PC release date confused.gif. goddamit MS why do you have to pay companies to do timed exclusives

PS: i don't believe their whole "still in development" BS

Undead labs is a Microsoft studio, they didn't pay for nothing. State of decay was originally going to release for xbox live only.

Why don't you believe the PC version is still in development? It was only announced some time last year so I think you may have a long wait.

If anyone here wants to do a video or written review of state of decay message me and il put it in the first post, or just post it here.

friendly luggage

Gonna buy some MS points ready for tomorrow. I've already got 1000 so it looks like I'll have to buy 1000 more. I assume this game costs 1600 right?

iNero
Gonna buy some MS points ready for tomorrow. I've already got 1000 so it looks like I'll have to buy 1000 more. I assume this game costs 1600 right?

but Ill test the demo first. if the controlls are too sluggish ill probably not get it confused.gif