Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,703 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

haider123456789

specs

Question

haider123456789

which pc and gpu i require for playing gta 4 on high and upcoming gta 5 on lowest or low or anything but not so expensive

Tomm94

Can you please elaborate on the price in which suits you best?

Edited by Tomm94

haider123456789

hmmm. what can i say now as i am not a person having dollars in my hand i live here in pakistan you should know about that country . icon13.gif

so i am getting a q6600 with 8mb L2 cache what this processor will give me

what gpu should i use

getting a optiplex gx 755 tower

Edited by haider123456789

Prometheus
Hmmm, doesn't the Q6600 cost almost as much as an i5 processor? Well, how much are you paying for it [in dollars]? Also can you post your mobo specs?

Andreas

You'd want to buy an old Q6600 processor? New or used? Because if it's new then that's not a good idea as they are expensive and it would be smarter then to buy an AMD Quad-Core or better yet, an Intel Core i5 CPU. Can you provide a link to a [online-]hardware store in your country?

luceberg

Here are the specs for the Optiplex GX 775 tower. A Q6600 is quite cheap secondhand, as for a graphics card, it needs to be low power consumption because the psu is only 300 watts, a HD 7770 or GTX 650 would fit. The GX 775 has several form factors, so that will decide if the gpu needs to be a low profile one.

By the way, GTA 4 and GTA V will have fairly similar hardware requirements.

haider123456789

in my country your dollar costs RS.100 sohe is giving me at 16000 so it will be 160 dollars i guess for that pc but its without any external gpu and yes its a tower the largest 755 having

haider123456789
Hmmm, doesn't the Q6600 cost almost as much as an i5 processor? Well, how much are you paying for it [in dollars]? Also can you post your mobo specs?

what mobo specs? and and i thought i5 was an dual core processor having 2 cores and 4 threads i also wanted to know how many cores a q6600 is having?

haider123456789

what mobo specs? and and i thought i5 was an dual core processor having 2 cores and 4 threads i also wanted to know how many cores a q6600 is having?

Andreas

Intel Core i5 is, exactly like the Intel Core 2 Quad, a full Quad-Core processor, it works with 4 cores and 4 threads. You are confusing the Q6600 with a Core i3 which is a dual-core CPU that can work with 2 threads per core. However, the single-core performace of the Intel CPUs of the Sandy- and Ivy Bridge generations are much better than the C2Q generations (Yorkfield, etc.) and better than any AMD CPU out there, but of course they cost more. Can you post the link of a store in your country, please? Currency translations don't matter that much, at least not always because the hardware often tends to be more expensive in your part of the world than in other parts, if I'm not mistaken.

haider123456789
Intel Core i5 is, exactly like the Intel Core 2 Quad, a full Quad-Core processor, it works with 4 cores and 4 threads. You are confusing the Q6600 with a Core i3 which is a dual-core CPU that can work with 2 threads per core. However, the single-core performace of the Intel CPUs of the Sandy- and Ivy Bridge generations are much better than the C2Q generations (Yorkfield, etc.) and better than any AMD CPU out there, but of course they cost more. Can you post the link of a store in your country, please? Currency translations don't matter that much, at least not always because the hardware often tends to be more expensive in your part of the world than in other parts, if I'm not mistaken.

that means a q6600 has 2 cores and 4 threads? there is no online shoping site here

haider123456789

how many core and threads are there in core 2 quad q6600

yoječ

4 cores, 4 threads.

radioman

Intel Core i5 is, exactly like the Intel Core 2 Quad, a full Quad-Core processor

The I5 can be either a Dual core OR Quad core-it can be confusing, as the Dual core models will say "4 CPU's" under the DXDAIG menu..So, depending on the model, it can be Dual core OR Quad...I too was confused by this, until it was brought to my attention on here a while back. smile.gif

Andreas

Intel Core 2 Quad: 4 Cores, 4 Threads

Intel Core i3: 2 Cores, 4 Threads

Intel Core i5: 4 Cores, 4 Threads

Intel Core i7: 4 Cores, 8 Threads

Edit: Dual-Core i5 CPUs are mostly Notebook CPUs or CPUs of the first i5 generation.

Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian

haider123456789

thats a good information biggrin.gif now talking about gpu what gpu will be working for core 2 quad q6600 gx755 dell tower the largest one

unc13bud

gt 640 will do medium settings for sure with q6600 and crappy 300w dell bestec power supply. hopefully your pci-e slot witll have enough juice for the card, my optiplex 320 wasn't enough for either of my 9800gt, no matter what power supply.

haider123456789
gt 640 will do medium settings for sure with q6600 and crappy 300w dell bestec power supply. hopefully your pci-e slot witll have enough juice for the card, my optiplex 320 wasn't enough for either of my 9800gt, no matter what power supply.

which pixel shader it has? and any other card

haider123456789

i have bought that q6600 but graphics men out there say that gt640 will not go with it because of power supply what about geforce 405 which setting will it give

yoječ

The lowest, if any.

luceberg

An AMD HD6670/7670 is about the best you can do with the standard 300 watt power supply, according to the Dell forum.

The psu may be upgradable if you want a better graphics card.

yoječ

That depends on how much 12V capacity it has. it might be able to support even better cards.

luceberg

Agreed, we need a picture of the psu really.

unc13bud says it is a Bestec. If it is like this one, it has a single +12v 19amp rail.

Can the op post a picture, or observe and note the psu output details of the 12 volt rails?

Also, is this what your computer looks like?

Edited by luceberg

haider123456789
Agreed, we need a picture of the psu really.

unc13bud says it is a Bestec. If it is like this one, it has a single +12v 19amp rail.

Can the op post a picture, or observe and note the psu output details of the 12 volt rails?

Also, is this what your computer looks like?

yes the pc is same not sure about power supply i will check it

haider123456789

it has 305 watt psu but didnt get about output anything

yoječ

Technically it's a low profile card with normal mounting bracket. Low profile bracket might be included. But don't bother buying this card, you won't be able to play anything on it.

haider123456789
Technically it's a low profile card with normal mounting bracket. Low profile bracket might be included. But don't bother buying this card, you won't be able to play anything on it.

i am not buying it its not worth it

unc13bud

okay, thanks for the links. that is liteon supply, soon as i see "L305p"

http://www.stuartconnections.com/3103-thic...upply-NH493.jpg

i say "that's a liteon". the UL number (132068) confirmed it

http://badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7335&page=13

http://www.pjcomputers.net/liteonelectroni...daptercord.aspx

i think liteon may have left\leaving the optical drive business and going into power supplies for a while now. they are built on an older specification sometimes

hi-pro\lite-on\bestec power supplies (250w) sometimes look the same. the power supply you linked has dual rails of 18a, which is VERY INTERESTING to me - means combined rating of 36a, if i recall correctly. i found one or two with dead fans a while back

i have t go now, but i will tell you that geforce 405 card is 64-bit and looks like it could be low profile - if there is an extra bracket included AND IF YOU CAN USE THE DVI PORT TO OUTPUT VIDEO TO YOUR MONITOR, you would most likely have to disconnect the VGA port of the card.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gp.../specifications

it is a waste of your time also, because it only has 16 shader cores. you need at least 32 or more to play gta IV with low settings and good framerate.

haider123456789
okay, thanks for the links. that is liteon supply, soon as i see "L305p"

http://www.stuartconnections.com/3103-thic...upply-NH493.jpg

i say "that's a liteon". the UL number (132068) confirmed it

http://badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7335&page=13

http://www.pjcomputers.net/liteonelectroni...daptercord.aspx

i think liteon may have left\leaving the optical drive business and going into power supplies for a while now. they are built on an older specification sometimes

hi-pro\lite-on\bestec power supplies (250w) sometimes look the same. the power supply you linked has dual rails of 18a, which is VERY INTERESTING to me - means combined rating of 36a, if i recall correctly. i found one or two with dead fans a while back

i have t go now, but i will tell you that geforce 405 card is 64-bit and looks like it could be low profile - if there is an extra bracket included AND IF YOU CAN USE THE DVI PORT TO OUTPUT VIDEO TO YOUR MONITOR, you would most likely have to disconnect the VGA port of the card.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gp.../specifications

it is a waste of your time also, because it only has 16 shader cores. you need at least 32 or more to play gta IV with low settings and good framerate.

hmm so this card is not good enough thanks to god i got to know ot before buying that crap so the question still stands which willl be a good graphic card on this sysytem that will also play gta 5 with as well as gta 4