3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[GTA|NFS|MP|OTHER] Widescreen Fixes Pack

ThirteenAG

After I installed this mod on GTA III my intro movies don't work. It's just a black screen with the sounds alone. Can someone provide me a fix for this??

Not a fix but a temporary workaroud. If you AltTab to the desktop and back the intro movie should play.

Edited by -Anti-

Movies are working in windowed mode ... : create Wndmode.ini , start in fullscreen & gogame .

Edited by bestia

For some reasons he quite despises working for pc now.

Maybe this is part of the reason:

FFS there's yet another crazy russian modder trying to fix that series

https://files.servx.ru/shfix/

Had I known he made a widescreen fix for Silent Hill 3 then I wouldn't have bothered with it, so apologies to Nemesis if that's what he's upset about. I'm not sure what excuse or reasoning this other person has though.

Tbh the worst thing is that it's closed source (I mean.. If one wants to experiment with this he should be free to learn/improve)

Anyway, if somebody knows russian and has time (I have neither) contacting the author should be possible over [email protected] / irc.r-core.org:+6697 #gavno

After I installed this mod on GTA III my intro movies don't work. It's just a black screen with the sounds alone. Can someone provide me a fix for this??

Try to disable desktop composition

Widescreen fix for Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is released: thirteenag.github.io/wfp#callofcthulhu

ZUblubqm.jpg FvYUHU5m.jpg

mAXMkuMm.jpg MQeN9Zdm.jpg

Edited by ThirteenAG

• 2 weeks later...

Updated x64 asi loader today, it can work as dinput8.dll now. Sample plugin was also updated, now it's infinite ammo for RE7 Demo:

https://transfer.sh/E6JGO/re7demo.infiniteammo.zip

@ThirteenAG The following text is the most confuse and nonsensical sh*t I have ever posted on GTAForums...

Heavily offtopic,

Have you ever thought about making a weird LUA/Custom Script support to Universal ASI Loader?

I guess it would be way easier (for beginners) to mod games by writing an LUA kind scripts than write C++ code and compile it with VS (DLL/ASI)

Let's say you wanna change the value of something in static memory

There could be built in functions for changing addresses, checking conditions (LUA has that right? I'm babbling a lot of sh*t here, I barely know sh*t about programming) and such...

I don't know sh*t about LUA but you'll understand me.

Pseudo code below.

An idea someone may have one day.. Such as creating a Widescreen Fix script on their own....

ProcessBinder PID/NAMEOFPROCESS (2148 or GTA5.exe)

/* Memory.ChangeValue ADDRESS VALUE TYPE */

Memory.NameVar ADDRESS CUSTOMNAMEOFVAR

Memory.NameVar 0xb4b5b6d8 GameAspectRatio // Let's say the game has its aspect ratio var stored on b4b5b6d8; they would find it using Cheat Engine...

if !GameAspectRatio == 1.7777 // As far as I remember ! represents a "not" check on some coding languages. Again, pseudo code.

Memory.ChangeValue GameAspectRatio 1.7777 float

*lmaodone*

:dozing::sui:

@ThirteenAG is there a possibility you will do a Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic widescreen fix?

Flawless Widescreen already has one.

@ThirteenAG is there a possibility you will do a Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic widescreen fix?

Thanks I didn't know that, but it doesn't works always, you have to restart the game a couple of times

Edited by FraSlevin

Thanks I didn't know that, but it doesn't works always, you have to restart the game a couple of times

Use the x86 version if you didn't. That one works fine for me (with Steam version that is). x64 one is buggy

Edited by Blackbird88

Use the x86 version if you didn't. That one works fine for me (with Steam version that is). x64 one is buggy

cool, it's actually working fine now, thanks for the help!

Proper fixes for Sniper Elite and Street Racing Syndicate released:

https://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#sniperelite

https://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#srs

lYM6tmdm.jpg ih1DDJOm.jpg

Hmmm. How did I miss this? Also, I'm supporting you on Patreon at the $10 tier as of now.

• Like 1

Dark Matter® Studios | The Audiophile Thread

XB271HU | AKG K612 Pro | Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | TOPPING A90 | TOPPING D90SE

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | SSD ADATA 256GB | Seagate 2TB 7200RPM

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2

Maybe I will create another topic later if necessary, but for now: https://github.com/ThirteenAG/modupdater#readme

EE2sWRn.png

Project started as a simple updater tool for widescreen fixes, but then I thought why not update other mods while I'm at it.

I believe I covered everything in the readme, but if you have any questions or bug reports, let me know.

interesting

what is the source where the tool search updates from? github?

All sources has to be defined in the ini, except for asi loader and widescreen fixes(it's github, yes).

• 2 weeks later...

Any date on SH4 widescreen fix aero? you did such a great job with sh2 and 3!

Thanks! It was supposed to be out last month but I ran into some complications with fixing the menus. With some help from ThirteenAG I was able to solve a lot recently, so now there's only a few issues remaining. As for a release date, as you can see above, ThirteenAG won't be available until sometime in February at the earliest. Assuming I'm able to get everything done this month I wouldn't expect a release until then.

Current features to expect:

*subject to change*

• Corrected FOV
  • Corrected HUD
  • Fullscreen FMVs
  • Ability to disable cutscene borders
  • Ability to have cutscenes run at 30 fps instead of 15 fps
  • Ability to increase pause background resolution
  • Ability to disable CheckSpec
  • Ability to disable registry dependency

Main Menu & HUD

3dBtvOP.png

Map & FMVs

O86L893.png

Is there any chance that some fix for IV will be made someday? There are cutscenes often zoomed in/out (not sure it's a resolution thing but FPS) and AFAIK blur/DOF/etc barely visible in 4K.

Great work on the NFS widescreen fixes! If you have the time you should try to make the hud match the Xbox 360 version (NFSU2, MW, Carbon). Other than that, everything is just perfect.

Edited by UltraZ

Great work on the NFS widescreen fixes! If you have the time you should try to make the hud match the Xbox 360 version (NFSU2, MW, Carbon). Other than that, everything is just perfect.

The HUD is scaled smaller in those versions. I used to do this for myself in MW and Carbon, but then I noticed it was affecting the size of overlays too. There might be a better way to do it though, as I never spent much time on it.

Any date on SH4 widescreen fix aero? you did such a great job with sh2 and 3!

Thanks! It was supposed to be out last month but I ran into some complications with fixing the menus. With some help from ThirteenAG I was able to solve a lot recently, so now there's only a few issues remaining. As for a release date, as you can see above, ThirteenAG won't be available until sometime in February at the earliest. Assuming I'm able to get everything done this month I wouldn't expect a release until then.

Current features to expect:

*subject to change*

• Corrected FOV
  • Corrected HUD
  • Fullscreen FMVs
  • Ability to disable cutscene borders
  • Ability to have cutscenes run at 30 fps instead of 15 fps
  • Ability to increase pause background resolution
  • Ability to disable CheckSpec
  • Ability to disable registry dependency

ooooh if you could get the hud to be closer to the edges of the screen like nfs mw/ u2/ carbon would be amazing

if not, still amazing! , thanks for the reply!!! Cant wait to download this xD

Edited by Brunn0121

The HUD is scaled smaller in those versions. I used to do this for myself in MW and Carbon, but then I noticed it was affecting the size of overlays too. There might be a better way to do it though, as I never spent much time on it.

Ok, keep up the great work though. And also i encountered a problem in NFSU1 where the screen just turns black while boosting (goes away when i turn Motion Blur off). Is it just me or is it a common problem?

Edited by UltraZ

Is there any way to change the most wanted menu buttons with xbox 360 layout? i have to press B (circle on ps2) to select stuff, and X (Square) to cancel/ go back, thats so out of place...

Ok, keep up the great work though. And also i encountered a problem in NFSU1 where the screen just turns black while boosting (goes away when i turn Motion Blur off). Is it just me or is it a common problem?

That's a bug that was fixed with patch 1.4 or 4.0, I'm not sure. It was the last one EA released.

That's a bug that was fixed with patch 1.4 or 4.0, I'm not sure. It was the last one EA released.

Just noticed, i was on 1.4, downloaded the 4.0 patch and it worked. Thanks!