3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[GTA|NFS|MP|OTHER] Widescreen Fixes Pack

ThirteenAG

Just curious, is Ultimate Spider-Man in your to-do list?

I actually thought about it the other day, probably not a bad idea considering I played a lot of that game like a hundred years ago.

I had an older version or something. Maybe it's your .dll (some of the other mods come with their own hook).

Dark Matter® Studios | The Audiophile Thread

XB271HU | AKG K612 Pro | Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | TOPPING A90 | TOPPING D90SE

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | SSD ADATA 256GB | Seagate 2TB 7200RPM

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2

Proper fixes for Sniper Elite and Street Racing Syndicate released:

https://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#sniperelite

https://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#srs

lYM6tmdm.jpg ih1DDJOm.jpg

ThirteenAG.

hello , can u tell me pls why u cleo script "manual aim" also "hitmark" not compatible with latest widescreen fix
1st crosshair not match where i shoot
2rd hitmark shows incorrectly

FGmO2n3.jpg

but when i use "vc_widescreenfix_remake" it works perfect

vpoqCtR.jpg

i just want 2 use features from widescreen latest like speedfov , etc

PS my res: 1680x1050 16:10 , i tryed to use Force Aspect Ratio to 16:9 (it looks a bit stretched on vertically) , hitmark was fixed , but bullets where i shoot doesnt match crosshair

Edited by spartaque12

I made an interesting discovery. Using a custom shadow res in NFS Most Wanted disables the shadow filtering and does something weird to the lighting. Ever wondered why shadows aren't visible during sunset conditions? That's why. If you have an AMD or Nvidia card all you have to do is set ShadowRes to 0. Unfortunately, this won't work for those using Intel integrated graphics.

T82usXv.jpg

• Like 3

@Aero_

I think I noticed that while changing Shadow Settings with custom shadow res...

Uhh, Medium seemed graphically better than High (logic?)

@Aero_

I think I noticed that while changing Shadow Settings with custom shadow res...

Uhh, Medium seemed graphically better than High (logic?)

If you're talking about the in-game settings, then Medium is a mixture of static and dynamic shadows. I wouldn't say it's better, but it does reduce the amount of shadow tearing caused by the widescreen fix.

• Like 2

Too bad that GTA 2 with WF doesn't work on Windows 10. Even more reasons why i hate this POS OS.

Edited by countergame

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people requested a fix for Call of Cthulhu game before, recently nemesis2000 found a way to fix stretching:

IQXVKKFm.jpg qFrZVaXm.jpg

• Like 2

Here's a quick question to both Aero_ and TAG: how'd you exactly fix the HUD positions? I'm interested in fixing this bad boy.

9d69cd867d.jpg

23f383187a.jpg

It's the 2P HUD, sadly the bottom (2nd player) one doesn't have the trackmap. I'll try to do some FNG fixes so I can get the RPM indicator going as well (if its positions can be fixed first of course, I also think the RPM has positional issues). ;)

Oh and the red EA TRAX Chyron is a cut feature from NFSU where your HUD changes according to your audio equipment brand (Kenwood in this case). It'll be included in Extra Options very likely.

A little tip BTW: change the game actions too while you're at it for the gamepads. Might as well make it fully compatible!

Speaking of which - how did you reassign the keys? I need to figure them out for NFSU/NFSU2 so we can control the debug cameras with a gamepad properly.

Edited by xan1242
  • Like 3

Widescreen fix for Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie Gamer's Edition is released: https://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#kingkong

Gonna stream it live on my twitch now: https://www.twitch.tv/thirteenag

- Fixed stretching by setting proper aspect ratio on any resolution.

- FOV increased, the game is hor+.

- Fixed objects disappearance with hor+ image.

- Fixed FMVs stretching, added an option to make FMVs fullscreen.

- Removed "InstallPath" registry dependency, it's possible to have a portable copy of the game with the fix.

- Added an option to increase mouse sensitivity even more than the game allows. I did that because mouse is kinda weird in this game and very slow.

- Display mode: 16/9 and 4/3 options replaced with Std and Bars. In original game bars are always present, but with the fix I made them toggleable.

Comparison:

Original game: http://i.imgur.com/kNsBB7b.gifv

Widescreen fix: http://i.imgur.com/sKp8u6A.gifv

Added d3d9-wrapper to King Kong's fix, apparently the game runs with high fps (160+) and during the stream I encountered lots of issues because of that. Including the inability to progress. This wrapper limits fps to 60, which seems playable enough.

Here's a quick question to both Aero_ and TAG: how'd you exactly fix the HUD positions? I'm interested in fixing this bad boy.

Manually finding the offsets in the files, then adjusting the offsets(see .dat file).

A little tip BTW: change the game actions too while you're at it for the gamepads. Might as well make it fully compatible!

Speaking of which - how did you reassign the keys? I need to figure them out for NFSU/NFSU2 so we can control the debug cameras with a gamepad properly.

I didn't do anything related to pad actions, I only assigned some buttons to press certain keyboard keys by, well, emulating key presses(in case of MW/C, some memory hacking too).

When I replace text shadows with borders in GTA 3 it's all good but the text in the pager becomes too bold and unreadable

It should be black text with white border, last time I checked.

Manually finding the offsets in the files, then adjusting the offsets(see .dat file).

I didn't do anything related to pad actions, I only assigned some buttons to press certain keyboard keys by, well, emulating key presses(in case of MW/C, some memory hacking too).

Alright thanks!

Also, as far as Underground's inputs are concerned, I found the input table in the executable, so if you need to do proper fixes for the gamepads (menus, game actions) just hit me up on PM! (not a regular here, but I'll try to remember :/ )

Alright thanks!

Also, as far as Underground's inputs are concerned, I found the input table in the executable, so if you need to do proper fixes for the gamepads (menus, game actions) just hit me up on PM! (not a regular here, but I'll try to remember :/ )

To clarify what ThirteenAG said, the coordinates should be in GlobalB.bun, but you'll have to decompress the 2P HUD data and replace it. Expect the HUD to be broken into multiple parts, especially the lap and time information. The HUD elements aren't grouped like in NFSMW and NFSC.

The formatting for the WidescreenFix.dat file goes like this:

<Any_Name_Goes_Here> <X Pos Hex> <Y Pos Hex> <X Offset> <Y Offset>

The offset determines how much the widescreen fix alters the HUD position. For NFSU it's -109 / 0 for HUD elements on the left, and 119 / 0 for HUD elements on the right, but you can change these to whatever you prefer.

Mhh.. how are this and this differing from SH3 and SH4 ws patches here?

SH3 - The biggest difference is that the widescreen fix corrects the aspect ratio of menus and provides a fullscreen mode for FMVs. There are a few "exclusive" features we have, like the pixelation bug fix, status screen resolution, and the removal of vertical borders, but it's all open source. If you're wondering why I didn't collaborate with the creator of sh3proxy, it's because the majority of the work for this was done in March. That's before sh3proxy existed if I'm not mistaken. It took a long time for it to be released because ThirteenAG was busy and it was pushed back in favor of Silent Hill 2.

SH4 - All this does is change the resolution and FOV as far as I can tell. The widescreen fix for this is still being worked on, but it should have more improvements than just that.

• Like 2

When I replace text shadows with borders in GTA 3 it's all good but the text in the pager becomes too bold and unreadable

It should be black text with white border, last time I checked.

Please take a second look. The borders are black in my game :/

Hey ThirteenAG, I was wondering if you could help me with something. I tried to hex edit Driver Parallel Lines' .exe to make 21:9 and 2560x1080 work properly. With the Steam exe, the game simply crashed upon any kind of hex editing, but I did manage to make 21:9 work using a cracked .exe. However, I had no luck with making 2560x1080 working. Seeing as you also own DPL on Steam, could you please maybe try looking into it?

Here are two images of working 21:9 aspect ratio in DPL, however smashed into the 1920x1080 resolution.

nXDGG90.jpg

4lNrVkV.jpg

Edited images to how it should look (besides the FOV, which should be a bigger value due to aspect ratio change).

AzG4O4x.png

M6jJBqj.png

And since I'm on the Driver subject, a few months ago, BlackScout hex-edited Driv3r's .exe to make 21:9 work, as well as increased the FOV based on the values of a modded triple monitor .exe we stumbled upon in WSGF. Unlike PL, D3 actually reads any resolution supported by the monitor, rather than a preset that goes up to 1920x1080. The PL PC port was done by Ubisoft Kiev, which also did the PC ports of AC Unity and Watch Dogs more recently, so not surprising at all.

Driv3r in 21:9 with fixed FOV, thanks to BlackScout:

TUihkXT.jpg

Parallel Lines is currently 50% off on Steam, by the way.

Edited by Mega
  • Like 3

I would love to take a look(even downloaded Driv3r a couple of weeks ago), but currently I'm unable to work on more fixes than I already do. Sadly it all comes down to money now, Patreon doesn't cover the time spent on fixes, but I'm not giving up and dedicated to it for now. Call of Cthulhu fix is almost complete, planned to release in December, Ultimate Spider-Man - in January. Maybe after that I can do Driver, who knows.

Also I updated this, this and this, these fixes are pattern based now and should work with any exe. The only things left is The Punisher and Tony Hawk's games. The Punisher is very tricky, simply changing the resolution produces some major issues, I want to try to fix that if possible. And then redo Tony Hawk's fixes asap.

The only things left is The Punisher and Tony Hawk's games. The Punisher is very tricky, simply changing the resolution produces some major issues, I want to try to fix that if possible. And then redo Tony Hawk's fixes asap.

You could ask nemesis2000 for advice on that. He made a fix for the Xbox version of The Punisher.

For some reasons he quite despises working for pc now.

For some reasons he quite despises working for pc now.

Maybe this is part of the reason:

FFS there's yet another crazy russian modder trying to fix that series

https://files.servx.ru/shfix/

Had I known he made a widescreen fix for Silent Hill 3 then I wouldn't have bothered with it, so apologies to Nemesis if that's what he's upset about. I'm not sure what excuse or reasoning this other person has though.