3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[GTA|NFS|MP|OTHER] Widescreen Fixes Pack

ThirteenAG

Yup, about 2 years ago, if memory doesn't fail, Valve updated all GoldSrc games with proper widescreen support. Even Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes!

Who cares about that, please do fix for Counter Strike 1.6!
  • Like 3

But you need to care about them non-Steam players using builds from 10 years ago!!!

But you need to care about them non-Steam players using builds from 10 years ago!!!

You talking about the supposed PC 'port' of SA... :whistle:and his lot of features broken?

Don't forget 0.1 version too

HirLWl5.gif

The lighting fix should be almost exactly the same as the Xbox 360 version now. Any other problems with the background is just the way the PC version is.. for example the PC version is missing water reflections. EDIT: Water reflections are in the game, but they're not in the right position for certain resolutions. You can see the reflection of the city in the intro canyon race when using 1024 x 768.

Iq9nQoS.gif

Xbox 360 (best screenshot I could find from google, sorry)

2.jpg

I'm not going to include the car reflection adjustment in the lighting fix. It basically removes part of the reflection that shows the road, and whether this is an improvement or not has a lot to do with personal preference. Do you want the game to look closer to the console version or do you want your cars looking like tinted chrome? Either way I'm not comfortable saying it "fixes" anything, so I'll post the address and value here if you want the same effect:

Cheat Engine

00A63B10 41A00000 (20.0 float)

Hex Editor

00663B10 00 00 A0 41

Obviously AG can add it as an option if he wants to, but I'm not recommending it. For everything else you'll have to wait until AG's next update.

Edited by Aero_

Max Payne 2 appears to not be working correctly (at least for me), as soon as it goes into bullet time the FOV becomes incorrect.

http://i.imgur.com/aNBk1Jz.jpg <- No bullet time.

http://i.imgur.com/tEPAAaR.jpg <- Bullet time.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Running the Steam version of the game with no other modifications.

Edited by AcceptableGhost

Max Payne 2 appears to not be working correctly (at least for me), as soon as it goes into bullet time the FOV becomes incorrect.

http://i.imgur.com/aNBk1Jz.jpg <- No bullet time.

http://i.imgur.com/tEPAAaR.jpg <- Bullet time.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Running the Steam version of the game with no other modifications.

This game is impossible. Try this version: https://www.sendspace.com/file/8nar83

And let me know if there's any difference.

I think the bullet time FOV may be a little different with this version?

Wait, it stretches vertically, but the only thing I stretch that way is comics. Try to enter comics mode with F1, then press F2 and exit it. See what happens with bullet time after that.

Doesn't Valve still update their GoldSrc games, including widescreen support?

Yes, but they even removed many things in the years, including A3D and EAX apis and D3D renderer.

I'm not even sure if it supports something more than stereo audio now.

Even more than 15 actually!

Obviously AG can add it as an option if he wants to, but I'm not recommending it. For everything else you'll have to wait until AG's next update.

Sorry guys , Aero_ , TAG ,

but now Light fix don't work , shadows - good , light / reflections - no changes .

[MISC]
LightingFix = 1
CarShadowFix = 1

yDojQ9a.png

I tested Max Payne 2 on my other machine (AMD 6950, Windows 10) and the widescreen fix seems to be working properly on there. The machine where it does not work is running a NVIDIA GTX 960 (with latest drivers) on Windows 7.

Edited by AcceptableGhost

I tested Max Payne 2 on my other machine (AMD 6950, Windows 10) and the widescreen fix seems to be working properly on there. The machine where it does not work is running a NVIDIA GTX 960 (with latest drivers) on Windows 7.

I will try to test it on win7 later, but atm no idea why the behavior may be different. The method of fixing stretching isn't perfect, so most likely it's the one of the downsides.

Heh might as well test it too :D

EDIT: No issues on my end, but the loading screen looks so silly.

Edited by Blackbird88

Sorry guys , Aero_ , TAG ,

but now Light fix don't work , shadows - good , light / reflections - no changes .

[MISC]

LightingFix = 1

CarShadowFix = 1

It looks like it's working to me. Without the lighting fix everything is much darker. You wouldn't be able to see the mountain in the background, all of the buildings and city lights would be dull, and the license plate would be dark gray without a headlight flashing on it.

The reflection change isn't included. You have to do that yourself with a hex editor or with Cheat Engine. I provided the address and value in code tags above... unless that isn't working?

I just noticed NFS:U2 has the same 1px line bug as GTA:SA when FSAA is enabled. Anything you can do please?

Mj2pARY.jpg

Also Page 69!

Edited by Blackbird88

I just noticed NFS:U2 has the same 1px line bug as GTA:SA when FSAA is enabled. Anything you can do please?

I don't think so. Some universal solution would be nice.

I can reproduce this problem on win7's virtual machine. I'll take a look on how I can improve stretching fix when I have more time.

P.S. NFSU1's fix updated, added offset for 'Lap' text that is used on some versions of the game.

I don't think so. Some universal solution would be nice.

I can reproduce this problem on win7's virtual machine. I'll take a look on how I can improve stretching fix when I have more time.

P.S. NFSU1's fix updated, added offset for 'Lap' text that is used on some versions of the game.

Alright cool, I am glad that it is reproducible. Thanks for all the widescreen fixes man!

Hi, thanks for the answers, i try the Force Aspect Ratio with 16:9 ( My resolutions is 1600X900 ) but same thing with the crosshair.

And for the weapons pack you can get it here:

*** PISTOLS ***
hhDgTJC.png
BiPtRyc.png
yb3bk0u.png
o2V1SPD.png
jehsm67.png
tiY1NPo.png
fl1GUnL.png
7AKdjdM.png
W5IvHTA.png
P1Ii1UO.png
2HC88qP.png
5nlvtjy.png
2xfPXEc.png
kiNlVBK.png
*** SHOTGUNS ***
lD7Wae5.png
3gCjUe7.png
hP6TxP0.png
BLioYo5.png
Jtd7YWV.png
e2ZUHjF.png
lM6Dc7Z.png
xbufuTN.png
NyD2ud7.png
aj3EIs4.png
Xtx6sr0.png
enVbT4f.png
Rz53qzh.png
*** SUBMACHINE GUNS ***
mk2qv3F.png
wRZc3CU.png
zEOLWRO.png
4D1jRvO.png
mZnWS8d.png
QCECxrW.png
eLLDTtO.png
N2zqFXg.png
W5E23Qv.png
2mIoHwA.png
KY1V4CA.png
K2pBWQ6.png
aaUPDQG.png
*** ASSAULT RIFLES ***
*** MACHINE GUNS ***
*** SNIPER RIFLES ***
*** MELEE WEAPONS ***

TAG, it's possible for you to make widescreen fix for SpellForce 2 Gold? If this will help, the standalone addons Faith in Destiny and Demons of the Past have WS support.

SpellForce Collection is now 2,99€ on Steam(-95%) if you're interested.

Yeah, I heard it's a great game, so I bought the full package for less than a buck (one of the advantages of living in Russia. Серьёзно, полный пакет стоит полтинник, в то время, как, например, у британцев он стоит 240 рублей по курсу). I also heard that the first SF has yet unsolved

on the modern machines, maybe you could look into that. Edited by Claude Liberty