• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackbird88

• ThirteenAG

• Sneed

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Widescreen Fix Grand Theft Auto Vice City Widescreen Fix Grand Theft Auto 3 Widescreen Fix This and many other fixes now available at thirteenag

Updated everything, also released widescreen fixes for Driver: Parallel Lines and Silent Hill 4.   Some change log notes here and downloads as always here: https://thirteenag.github.io/wfp    

Maybe I will create another topic later if necessary, but for now: https://github.com/ThirteenAG/modupdater#readme       Project started as a simple updater tool for widescreen fixes, but then I

I've taken a look to NFSMW and NFSC for HUD positions. I changed HUD modes between widescreen and normal, so I can get the positions of leftside and rightside objects. I've been successful with it. So, now it's possible to make your custom HUD positioning like this:

Amazing work dark1337! I've been trying to find the "Left Group HUD X Pos" and "Right Group HUD X Pos" by searching -120 float and 209 float but I haven't found anything. Could you go into further detail? Should Widescreen Mode be enabled for the -120 and 209 values or should it be disabled? I've only been able to find the "Map Rotation Center" which is a static address.

I'm very excited to see where this could potentially lead to.

Cool, I'll try to take a look at it some point. I think hud position is stored somewhere in game data, not in exe.

By looking at strings and attempting to open files with NFS-TexEd this is what I can gather for NFS MW:

attributes.bin (data for traffic cars, player cars, etc.)

FE_ATTRIB.bin (data for front end: different menus)

gameplay.bin (races, challenges, tracks, etc.)

GlobalMemoryFile.bin (menu text, various other menu data)

InGameMemoryFile.bin (pursuit data, various other in-game data)

---------------

PermanentMemoryFile.bin (unknown, 4 KB of data)

FrontEndMemoryFile (unknown, 1 KB of data)

All other files are texture/geometry archives from my understanding. I have no idea what PermanentMemoryFile and FrontEndMemoryFile are for, since they have no strings, but the game appears to work perfectly without them.

• Like 2

I've taken a look to NFSMW and NFSC for HUD positions. I changed HUD modes between widescreen and normal, so I can get the positions of leftside and rightside objects. I've been successful with it. So, now it's possible to make your custom HUD positioning like this:

Amazing work dark1337! I've been trying to find the "Left Group HUD X Pos" and "Right Group HUD X Pos" by searching -120 float and 209 float but I haven't found anything. Could you go into further detail? Should Widescreen Mode be enabled for the -120 and 209 values or should it be disabled? I've only been able to find the "Map Rotation Center" which is a static address.

I'm very excited to see where this could potentially lead to.

Thanks bro! Today I've looked at them again. But they differ for every race type, like career etc.

So, we need to find and edit the files directly for a more proper result.

And, I couldn't find the proper pointer.

I've just looked for an "unknown initial value". Changed HUD mode between Widescreen and Normal while searching for "changed value"s.

Don't forget to use "Unchanged value" option, otherwise you'll get lots of values and choke between them.

This search gives me a 5 or 6 different dynamic addressed floats. (They're ordered after eachother at addresses list.) (Normal / Widescreen)

0 / -119,984...

209,XXXX / 329,XXXX

-64 / -184 (2 times, minimap parts)

64 / -56 (2 times, minimap parts)

And one more thing:

Dyons had forgotten to change a byte for Widescreen HUD option.

The (-) sign still goes like 4:3 mode. (Final pos of -223, 32) (Another variable holds the real-time X position as +2 or +3)

To fix it to it's 16:9 position, use this: (Final pos of -343, 32)

56885C (Byte) must be 20hex (32).

Edit and tip: Values are in/near the xxxx.fng things. Search for them.

(Like XXX.fng (some bytes) Global/Screens/(Don't remember)/Stripped/XXX.fng (some bytes and names) (Floats))

Just convert display type to float and browse memory there.

Edited by dark1337
  • Like 2

The problem was I was trying to search for the float values instead of doing an unknown value search. Cheat Engine cant find the addresses that way it seems, unless I'm doing something wrong. The good news is I can now reliably find the the addresses in a short amount of time.

Here's how to quickly find the HUD addresses:
MUST BE IN A RACE OR IN FREE ROAM FOR THIS TO WORK

1. Use Cheat Engine's disassembler (top box in Memory Viewer) and go to this address: 00584982
2. Right click and select "Find out what addresses this instruction accesses" and a box will apear.
3. Alt+tab into the game and alt+tab back out. You should now see addresses in the box.
4. Change the value display from "4 Bytes" to "Float". Look for the HUD values below and add the addresses you need.

NFSMW HUD Position Values:

DRAG RACE MODE

Widescreen HUD

Left HUD Group: -120.0016632
Right HUD Group: 340
--
Normal HUD

Left HUD Group: 0
Right HUD Group: 220

ALL OTHER MODES

Widescreen HUD

Left HUD Group: -119.9987488
Right HUD Group: 329.6499939
--
Normal HUD

Left HUD Group: 0

Right HUD Group: 209.651825

I could be wrong, but I think you can use this method to find all the other HUD addresses too. You just need to test what each address does and document their default values.

Edited by Aero_
  • Like 3

The problem was I was trying to search for the float values instead of doing an unknown value search. Cheat Engine cant find the addresses that way it seems, unless I'm doing something wrong. The good news is I can now reliably find the the addresses in a short amount of time.

Here's how to quickly find the HUD addresses:

(Stuff)

(Cut because I don't like very long quotes (like quote of a whole OP))

Wow! Very nice one, dude! Now everything will be easier. I'll take a look later today (it's 01.21 here and I'll sleep :D ). For other NFS games, too. ;)

I have got GTA 3 on Steam and since I know the steam exe is kinda sh*tty, I replaced the .exe with a 1.0 exe I found somewhere, however the widescreen fix for GTA 3 doesn't load at all, why is this happening?

I have got GTA 3 on Steam and since I know the steam exe is kinda sh*tty, I replaced the .exe with a 1.0 exe I found somewhere, however the widescreen fix for GTA 3 doesn't load at all, why is this happening?

Perhaps the EXE you downloaded is corrupted or isn't the official 1.0 EXE.

What's the recommended exe then? I'm having trouble finding a good one because, for some reason, most sites now have them compressed in ACE (wtf?) files

What's the recommended exe then? I'm having trouble finding a good one because, for some reason, most sites now have them compressed in ACE (wtf?) files

Look here. Edited by thehambone

I appreciate your help. I installed that but now the game is asking to insert CD2 even though I installed it through Steam.

EDIT: Installed CLEO and now everything works as intended. Problem fixed.

Edited by johnny404

Wow! Very nice one, dude! Now everything will be easier. I'll take a look later today (it's 01.21 here and I'll sleep :D ). For other NFS games, too. ;)

Thanks, it's a lot easier than trying to find a needle in a haystack. :lol:

I decided to check NFSU2 and I found some of the HUD addresses. They're not static, but at least we know it's possible to change the HUD position for older NFS games. I'll start looking for the source of the values but I can't promise anything.

PViurGB.png

If you want to try it for yourself then follow the same steps I posted for NFSMW but use this address instead: 0051B17D

NFSU2 HUD Position Values:

FREE ROAM

Minimap: -223.0 (total of 5 addresses)

SMS Bar: -247.125

SMS Icon: -195

Tachometer: 142.0

N20: 220

Bank Bar: 227

Bank Text: 193

Thanks, it's a lot easier than trying to find a needle in a haystack. :lol:

I decided to check NFSU2 and I found some of the HUD addresses. They're not static, but at least we know it's possible to change the HUD position for older NFS games. I'll start looking for the source of the values but I can't promise anything.

(img)

If you want to try it for yourself then follow the same steps I posted for NFSMW but use this address instead: 0051B17D

NFSU2 HUD Position Values:

FREE ROAM

Minimap: -223.0 (total of 5 addresses)

SMS Bar: -247.125

SMS Icon: -195

Tachometer: 142.0

N20: 220

Bank Bar: 227

Bank Text: 193

You da real MVP bro! Now need to find pointers for all of them!

Quick update.. I found the source of the values. For NFSU2 I found the tachometer value in "InGameFreeRoam.bun." I changed it and it worked flawlessly for free roam mode. Use a hex editor to search for the HUD values and you should find them. I think it's safe to assume "InGameDrag.bun" and "InGameDrift.bun" are for the other modes.

I thought those were only texture archives; I guess I was wrong. It should be pretty easy from here. :^:

Quick update.. I found the source of the values. For NFSU2 I found the tachometer value in "InGameFreeRoam.bun." I changed it and it worked flawlessly for free roam mode. Use a hex editor to search for the HUD values and you should find them. I think it's safe to assume "InGameDrag.bun" and "InGameDrift.bun" are for the other modes.

I thought those were only texture archives; I guess I was wrong. It should be pretty easy from here. :^:

Nice! But, won't it be better if we edit the files on-the-fly with fix .asi? (Or, make game to load our custom files (.fng's at least)?)

Becuase having adaptable HUD option (For 4:3, 16:10, 16:9, 21:9, 3:1 at sides, 3:1 at center, and custom ratios) is much better than one option (Like forcing it to 4:3 or 16:9).

And, for other games, .fng files get random 00h's between themselves, aaand this makes them unreadable(At least for me, I'm new at those things.).

Btw, I've always flamed them for their decision about HUD positioning and widescreen options. But, as we can see, anything is possible. :D

Edited by dark1337

Nice! But, won't it be better if we edit the files on-the-fly with fix .asi? (Or, make game to load our custom files (.fng's at least)?)

Becuase having adaptable HUD option (For 4:3, 16:10, 16:9, 21:9, 3:1 at sides, 3:1 at center, and custom ratios) is much better than one option (Like forcing it to 4:3 or 16:9).

And, for other games, .fng files get random 00h's between themselves, aaand this makes them unreadable(At least for me, I'm new at those things.).

Btw, I've always flamed them for their decision about HUD positioning and widescreen options. But, as we can see, anything is possible. :D

Of course, but we have to wait for ThirteenAG to update his widescreen fix. I don't know how to do any of that.

Check InGameB.bun for NFSMW. I found one of the widescreen HUD group addresses in there. You have to rename the file to InGameB.lzc first though. You'll find another file of the same name, just delete it. I'm taking a break for the rest of the day.

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense why the PC version of these games didn't have a widescreen option. It's more ridiculous when you consider NFSMW and NFSC were already in HD on consoles, and some of the code for their widescreen mode was left over in the PC version.

I'll see how I can fit it in widescreen fix, absolutely.

• Like 3

Just so you know, I'm gathering all of the X and Y addresses you'll need for NFSU2. There's a lot more addresses that need to be changed ("EA Trax" position has over 10 addresses for example), so it's better to get this out of the way. NFSMW and NFSC should be a lot simpler because of their HUD groups. I'll send you a PM when I'm finished.

• Like 2

Just so you know, I'm gathering all of the X and Y addresses you'll need for NFSU2. There's a lot more addresses that need to be changed ("EA Trax" position has over 10 addresses for example), so it's better to get this out of the way. NFSMW and NFSC should be a lot simpler because of their HUD groups. I'll send you a PM when I'm finished.Super! Can I have the same PM, too, bro? :D

Edit: This TRAX addresses can be about lots of things like Background pos, text pos, EA logo pos and etc. So, include them if you can for a better game experience.

And a question: What about NFSU?

Edited by dark1337

Super! Can I have the same PM, too, bro? :D

Edit: This TRAX addresses can be about lots of things like Background pos, text pos, EA logo pos and etc. So, include them if you can for a better game experience.

And a question: What about NFSU?

I sent a PM to both of you.

EA Trax has three sizes that have their own addresses: small, medium, and large. Each of these sizes are made up of three parts. Each of these parts have a duplicate address for when EA Trax disappears from the screen. Now remember I need both the X and Y addresses, giving me a total of 36 addresses to find. If that wasn't bad enough, those addresses only apply for EA Trax in-game, not for the main menu. :lol:

I don't have NFSU installed, and finding the addresses for NFSMW and NFSC should be a much easier thing to do right now.

• Like 2

Latest updates for GTA3, VC and SA:

GTA3.WidescreenFix.zip

GTAVC.WidescreenFix.zip

GTASA.WidescreenFix.zip

For the future releases I'm changing the naming, removing underscores completely. So, don't forget to remove the old plugins.

Nothing much changed in 3/vc versions, in SA I fixed SilentPatch incompatibility, included resolution changing option to a main plugin. Also fixed heat haze bug. I believe the new plugin should work with the recompiled version of wshps.asi I posted earlier, for the people who have problems running original wshps.asi on windows 10.

Also fixed heat haze bug.

Waiting till people find new bugs :D

The comparisons are between Wesser wshps and 13AG addition

NFiSkR6.jpg

3NDKQKZ.png

cGLaWq2.jpg

pK1cnBy.jpg

But we shouldn't take this seriously eh? After all my I can't do nothing by myself and then I need to give sh*t to modders because their FREE work didn't meet my silly and ridiculous standards.

just look at the good side @El Dorado , atleast the heat haze is now finally fixed , we all should be happy with what we got for now.

Edited by Issik
  • Like 1

Those two are fairly minor compared to entire graphic feature being broken :p

First one looks like wrong text shadows position.

Also do those happen with only wshps too? If so it's hardly 13AG's problem now is it? :D

Edited by Blackbird88

Issik, do not think I'm not happy with the heat haze being fixed. For some reason, that really bothered me. Anyway, past waters.

Blackbird, nope, as I said the altimeter and the weird outline (?) are "exclusive" to 13AG addition.

13AG, say I like the HUD and Radar proportions better in Wesser plugin. I need to change .ini settings to retain that?

There's a "bug table" regarding what and where are the issues

Issue Present on Wesser plugin Present on 13AG plugin

Borken heat haze Yes No
Widescreen option always off when starting the game Yes No
Whatever this thing is Yes No
Broken altimeter No Yes No
Weird text outline No Yes Kind of
Cutscene issues Yes No*

*Due to "RestoreCutsceneFOV" option

and 13AG plugin crashes the game when trying to force a Aspect Ratio using "ForceAspectRatio" option

Edited by El Dorado
  • Like 2

What Cutscene issues? I haven't seen any of em

Due to increased FOV on cutscenes... out of scene actors appears on screen when they shouldn't yet

fkNVU5c.jpg

It's like that on mobile/x360 too

What resolution is that? 1360x768?