• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackbird88

• ThirteenAG

• Sneed

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Widescreen Fix Grand Theft Auto Vice City Widescreen Fix Grand Theft Auto 3 Widescreen Fix This and many other fixes now available at thirteenag

Updated everything, also released widescreen fixes for Driver: Parallel Lines and Silent Hill 4.   Some change log notes here and downloads as always here: https://thirteenag.github.io/wfp    

Maybe I will create another topic later if necessary, but for now: https://github.com/ThirteenAG/modupdater#readme       Project started as a simple updater tool for widescreen fixes, but then I

1 hour ago, ThirteenAG said:

New fix shouldn't be less stable, it was in testing for quite a while as previous post mentions, and the goal was to keep everything the same as before.

It's not that it's less stable, it just has a few really minor bugs that annoy me to no end that the previous version didn't have (See above). 

Do you happen to have a link to the last version? The new version is making the game not run at all.

(I have a new computer with the same specs btw)

But, if you do have an answer as to why the new version is not working for me, that'd be nice.

edit: ok... non of the other versions are running... when I start the exe nothing happens. No loading screen, nothing.

Edited by xxnooblyxx(temp ban)

Strange, replaced archive to some old version from appveyor. Now it should be.

Anyway, some bugs were fixed in the latest dev build, if there's no more to fix, I'll reupload this new archive on github soon.

25 minutes ago, ThirteenAG said:

Anyway, some bugs were fixed in the latest dev build, if there's no more to fix, I'll reupload this new archive on github soon.

SA version, right?

I know i have reported this issue on github already, but since this thread got some GTA love again, would it be possible to fix incompatibility with SP in VC on shadow test size?

5ce2edba-4878-11e7-85b5-3c02d65ff0fb.png

This issue is absent on GTA3 and there is even no option needed for compatibility with SP

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like a few things are broken by this latest update, but can't be sure as I haven't actually tested an older version.

Some of the textboxes in Fastman's Car Spawner overlap each other, specifically the one with the controls overlaps one of the car lists.

Also, Wesser's ZoneText mod is way out of alignment, and even adjusting the co-ordinate values in the source doesn't seem to center the text above and below the minimap.

On 5/12/2019 at 10:41 AM, ThirteenAG said:

and scm drawings fix was added.

Cool...

0000+-+Copia.jpg

0000+-+Copia.jpg

0000+-+Copia.jpg

Mods already fixes it, we can't fix the fixed.

I think this fix should only apply to the main. Adding opcodes with an argument to activate the fix is also interesting, if I am not mistaken this is how it works in GTA V.

• Like 1

Boogie Man 2K

Hello, I installed the SIlent Patch on my GTA San Andreas.

Then I tried to install Widescreen FIX, but my game automatically closes.

Is this an SIlent Patch or WideScreen Fix Error?

On 5/18/2019 at 11:35 AM, George Costanza said:

I know i have reported this issue on github already, but since this thread got some GTA love again, would it be possible to fix incompatibility with SP in VC on shadow test size?

5ce2edba-4878-11e7-85b5-3c02d65ff0fb.png

This issue is absent on GTA3 and there is even no option needed for compatibility with SP

I can't reproduce this shadow bug.

For me it looks normal in my game like the PS2 version:

vcbugr5jyj.png

Edited by Dani5ooo

8 hours ago, Dani5ooo said:

I can't reproduce this shadow bug.

For me it looks normal in my game like the PS2 version:

Spoiler

vcbugr5jyj.png

That's a really old comparison pic from @George Costanza. I already told him like a week ago that the SilentPatch text shadows in Vice City doesn't look like that anymore since a bunch of WS fix versions back. Anyway I'm not sure if it looks correct as it happens in GTA3 with that option absent from the ini since a while ago.

Edited by Inadequate

ye but im telling u it looks like that on most recent version of silentpatch and widescreen fix from official links

39JYtbp.png

Hello, i have a problem, my game, when using old versions (with whsp.asi) my game runs fine, but when using the latest version of the mod, the game wont start

3 hours ago, ernestin1 said:

Hello, i have a problem, my game, when using old versions (with whsp.asi) my game runs fine, but when using the latest version of the mod, the game wont start

You can Install Cleo library, or switch between Widescreen Fix and ASI Loader's vorbisFile.dll file, if one doesn't start the game, use the other.

Edited by Vindsole

I will update SA fix soon, so it works with any asi loader. I thought it should, but apparently not for everyone.

The rocket launcher and sniper sight on 3 and VC create an unnecessary box shaped border around it, would be nice to see them gone.

Also I don't know if possible but in SA I'd like to scale the player info separately from other elements like text boxes or radar blips, it looks squashed but if I scale as I want other hud elements look like there is no WS Fix at all.

Edited by Vindsole

• 2 weeks later...

Other issue in GTA 3 is the pager slides to screen space fine, but when it slides out it just disappears before that, which is not intended.

Test without a fix before reporting - I am almost sure that's how it is by default too.

How come FOV doesn't increase as you're driving in VC as it used to, and as it still does in 3 and SA?

5 hours ago, Paisan™ said:

How come FOV doesn't increase as you're driving in VC as it used to, and as it still does in 3 and SA?

Vehicle speed dependant FOV has been removed from all versions (III/VC/SA). Now you need a cleo for that, is posted somewhere.

8 hours ago, Inadequate said:

Vehicle speed dependant FOV has been removed from all versions (III/VC/SA). Now you need a cleo for that, is posted somewhere.

I was not aware of this. My 3 and SA must be using an outdated version. I must've updated the VC files on game launch with modupdater...

Is there a way I can download the outdated VC files? Or copy something out of the GTA 3 files? Also, what are the differences between the latest version of the WS fix, and the last version to have speed dependent FOV?

2 hours ago, Paisan™ said:

I was not aware of this. My 3 and SA must be using an outdated version. I must've updated the VC files on game launch with modupdater...

Is there a way I can download the outdated VC files? Or copy something out of the GTA 3 files? Also, what are the differences between the latest version of the WS fix, and the last version to have speed dependent FOV?

SA version got new fixes, like not be dependant from widescreen hor support plugin anymore and some other stuff. Look for the changelog in the previous page.

Anyway, if you are using the latest versions of widescreen fix for III, VC and SA here's the cleo script for vehicle speed dependant fov. Since that setting got removed from latest plugins.

And for the old versions, I just found these, that still including the vehicle speed depedant fov embedded on them. Download them before it get removed from that site soon or whatever, of course if you want to stick to these builds.

Edited by Inadequate

There is a problem in SA, when flying with an Hydra FOV increases endlessly and eventually the game crashes.

Edited by Vindsole