Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,907 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ThirteenAG

[GTA|NFS|MP|OTHER] Widescreen Fixes Pack

doeegberts

Hey there, loved your work on the NFS games. Replaying U1&MW with your fix was awesome.

I'm currently trying to replay GTA1/1969/61 with your fix, but I can't seem to get them to work. I'm running the old Windows versions, not the DOS or freeware versions. Is that version not compatible? Out of the gate, the Win version doesn't have a WINO folder, it has a gtawin folder instead.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

For some reason, in GTA 3 and VC, the FOV stutters when I drive. Instead of increasing smoothly, it stutters as it widens.

JOHN30011887

Hi i was wondering about need for speed underground 2, there is option to show xbox buttons but i noticed that the quit button doesnt work (LS & RS)

Also the tab customize shows an (X) next to it for some odd reason

Is there any fix for this

Edited by JOHN30011887

Aero_

Hi i was wondering about need for speed underground 2, there is option to show xbox buttons but i noticed that the quit button doesnt work (LS & RS)

It's been reported, but I think he's too busy to do anything about it right now: https://github.com/ThirteenAG/WidescreenFixesPack/issues/359

Also the tab customize shows an (X) next to it for some odd reason

It's because both the button and menu options are called "Customize", and there's no way to differentiate between them apparently.

Inadequate

What's new in the GTA WS fixes? They have been updated 12 hours ago.

ThirteenAG

Reupload with new UAL and modupdater.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

UAL

And this is?

Claude_Lib

Ultimate/Universal ASI Loader.

SHIFAAH9

thanks for updating

ThirteenAG

Finally trying to fix borders in max payne, was pleasantly surprised that sniper scope already has them, so I only needed to rescale:

L5Oxytam.jpg

Does anybody remember if there's more moments like this in the game?

oAkJ9rEm.jpg

I'm still not sure how the game renders this overlay and scanlines, since it's not part of the hud, so can't really fix it.

one2fwee4

This is a question regarding GTA 3 1.0 release.

Why do i need this mod even when playing at a 4:3 resolution, just to get the correct FOV?

I thought it might be to do with resolution so i changed it to the same as consoles, 640*480 but that didn't make any difference - the fov was still too close so you couldn't see the full car while driving etc.

So i had to install this mod even though i don't use widescreen - weird! Is that normal?

To get an original look (equivalent to default / console), i imagine i should use these settings? :

[MAIN] // all parameters are optionalResX = 1024 // This setting can override game's horizontal resolution (-1|0|*).ResY = 768 // This setting can override game's vertical resolution (-1|0|*).ForceAspectRatio = auto // This setting can override game's aspect ratio(auto|4:3|5:4|16:9|*:*).FrontendAspectRatio = auto // This setting is used to properly scale frontend textures, such as menu background or loading screens(auto|16:9|1:1|*:*).HudWidthScale = 1.0 // 0.8 by default.HudHeightScale = 1.0 // 0.8 by default.RadarWidthScale = 1.0 // 0.9 by default.SubtitlesScale = 1.0 // 0.8 by default. This can increase or decrease subtitle's size.FixVehicleLights = 1 // Vehicle lights is too big and you might wanna fix that(1|0).RestoreCutsceneFOV = 1 // Original FOV value will be used in cutscenes(1|0).CarSpeedDependantFOV = 0 //10.0 // FOV will be increased at high speeds. The lower the value, the higher FOV will be. Set to 0.0 to disable.DontTouchFOV = 0 // This setting can disable any FOV related fixes, but it's not recommended(1|0).FOVControl = 1 // By writing float to 0x513547 FOV value can be increased or decreased. Adjust the address for non 1.0 exes.HideAABug = 0 // Drawing 1px line at top and left sides of the screen to hide antialiasing bug(1|0|2). (2) creates 4 lines to make picture symmetrical.SmartCutsceneBorders = 1 // Same as in VCS PCE, cutscene borders' size will be adjusted to fit your resolution. On resolutions bigger than 16:9 vertical borders will be used. Note that you can enable or disable cutscene borders via 'WIDESCREEN'/'BORDERS' option in game menu(1|0).IVRadarScaling = 0 // Makes radar size the same as in GTA IV(1|0).ReplaceTextShadowWithOutline = 0 // Replaces text shadow with outline(0|1|2).ForceMultisamplingLevel = 0 // Enables antialiasing. Requires asi loader(max|0|*). Not available for steam version.

Not really sure what setting i need for FOV control or how exactly that works. Since i'm using the 1.0 release, should I just change this parameter to 0?

Also what does it mean about "restoring the original FOV in cutscenes" - does that just mean "display the same as when not using the fix"? Which would basically mean a chopping off of the top and bottom of the image when using 16:9 resolutions.

I'm guessing the game sets the FOV for its cameras by setting a horizontal FOV, which is why when you change to widescreen it would chop off the top and bottom. Where as most modern games use the vertical so that a widescreen picture has increased viewing area rather than less.

But i still don't understand why me playing at 4:3 is getting a chopped off image without this patch :S

one2fwee4

I didn't see there was a widescreen option in the display menu the original game :$

So actually i don't necessarily need this mod.

Unless there are still benefits?

Do i still need the "fix vehicle lights" part, or is that part of another mod / fix i can use instead? What does it do exactly? just shrinks the coronas? or the weird rectangular boxes of light in front of the lights? Or what?

Thanks

ThirteenAG

New dev builds available for Max Payne 1 and 2: pillarboxes for loadscreens and scopes, which are properly scaled now, lots of internal changes to improve stability, some bugfixes.

https://ci.appveyor.com/api/projects/ThirteenAG/widescreenfixespack/artifacts/MaxPayne.WidescreenFix.zip

https://ci.appveyor.com/api/projects/ThirteenAG/widescreenfixespack/artifacts/MaxPayne2.WidescreenFix.zip

ImpeccableRichFugu-size_restricted.gif

machine4578

thank you again TAG!

jaqub

13AG, Max Payne 2 doesnt starts on Steam... d3d9.dll causes it and idk why...

ThirteenAG

I don't know what to tell ya, just tested both russian only version and regular version, no issues on my side.

Any chance you have the game installed in program files?

Edited by ThirteenAG

jaqub

I don't know what to tell ya, just tested both russian only version and regular version, no issues on my side.

Any chance you have the game installed in program files?

Nope, doesnt lauches at all. Tested having on program files and outside it, nothing worked at all. Also tried with having Windows98/ME compatibilty on.

ThirteenAG

What exactly happens, crash? What happens if you run testapp.exe in the game folder instead of normally launching from steam?

Also, you don't need any compatibility modes.

jaqub

Launching it normally (cant launch launch it anyways because of the compatibility issues):

nyrBZLK.gif

Launching it with Win98/ME compatibility mode (a method which fixes that issue):

kdHZY6U.gif

It only does launch when having not the widescreen fix installed.

Also tried opening testapp.exe from the game root but even didnt launched it anyways.

ThirteenAG

I feel like as soon as you figure out your compatibility problems, widescreen fix will work right away.

Try to start from here: https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51579

Also, you can try to rename d3d9.dll to d3d8.dll and create global.ini file in scripts folder, then paste this to it:

[GlobalSets]UseD3D8to9=1
Maybe that will help. Don't forget to remove compatibility modes before trying. Edited by ThirteenAG

ThirteenAG

Help, these people forgot how to walk!

jaqub

I feel like as soon as you figure out your compatibility problems, widescreen fix will work right away.

Try to start from here: https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51579

Also, you can try to rename d3d9.dll to d3d8.dll and create global.ini file in scripts folder, then paste this to it:

[GlobalSets]UseD3D8to9=1
Maybe that will help. Don't forget to remove compatibility modes before trying.

Thanks! The link helped and the game works now with your ws fix! I actually noticed now that both games do have this problem because I already installed before a similar launcher fix for Max Payne which also fixes playing with ws fix.

ThirteenAG

Uploaded a new version of widescreen fix for Splinter Cell Double Agent: http://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#scda

Tried to fix game breaking crashes(caused by minimap), not very successful, but managed to make a workaround.

- loading save during Kinshasa mission works with minimap enabled.

- alt-tabbing with minimap enabled is possible, however the map texture will disappear after that. Blips will remain intact. Texture will show up again on the next level loadscreen or if you restart the game.

Also fixed scope scaling:

Z7WQOCOl.jpg

And restored width for fullscreen hud images, such as loadscreens or fading (no more weird stuff happening at screen sides).

ClaudeIzABadAzz

Just updated VC Widescreen, however it's not working correctly. 3 and SA are fine, but for some reason whenever I change a value in the ini. settings, the game loads the splash screen, but the menu does not appear, it is just a black screen. I'm on Windows 10, game version 1.0.

SHIFAAH9

that never had happened to me... i'am on win 10 pro

if u updated using modupdater.asi....

try Re-downloading it...

ClaudeIzABadAzz

that never had happened to me... i'am on win 10 pro

if u updated using modupdater.asi....

try Re-downloading it...

I have.

User2

man I'm in trouble here I found the bug I hope it repairs this

9zezYy3.png

Marsi4eg

For a long time I forgot to ask about dance minigames in SA. Buttons and help box aren't widescreen-fixed. Is it possible to do?

52f19cd2a573t.jpg

Blackbird88
Posted (edited)

SCM draws maybe? WS fix isn't touching those :(

Edited by Blackbird88