Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,116 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Deffpony

Two Screens A Day

Deffpony
Well deffpony, you now have 10 new screens/5 new days of amazing screenshot analysis at your hands

Yea lol.

This thread will be postponed for at least a week in lieu of the new screens

Marabunta Grande

Screen 1: I was very happy 'cause the city is bigger than I've expected.

Screen 2: I chuckled when I saw the newly-introduced protag of ours; Michael riding a bike outside wearing home clothes. XD Wouldn't expect that from a rich guy.

kesta195

What happened to this thread deffpony? One of the best things to happen to this forum for a while.

Deffpony
What happened to this thread deffpony? One of the best things to happen to this forum for a while.

Im going to update it later this afternoon after class. I have a couple threads to update actually lol

KidAmnesiac42

Los Santos doesn't look that small from here but the fog in the distance, especially on the right side of the screenshot, is dense. It's like Rockstar tries to hide something. If the city is bigger than Liberty City then I'm curious how much bigger exactly and how much time it will take to drive from one end of the city to the other end.

They might be trying to hide something, but LA is notoriously known for it's bad air quality. There is smog all over the city, it just nestles up literally everywhere. The city has more cars than any other city in the world with 15+ million so it adds up. But who knows... Maybe they are trying to hide something.

GTA-King

Im going to update it later this afternoon after class. I have a couple threads to update actually lol

Lies.

Deffpony

Alright guys, Im reviving this thread due to popular demand and because we have gotten some awesome screens.

Day 26

Let day 26's discussion begin.

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by deffpony

GTA-King

Screen 1: Beautiful. dat water. dat small mountain. inlove.gif

Also, I'm sure it has been pointed out. Lighthouse from the Epsilon video?

Screen 2: Anyone else think of Tommy Vercetti when they see Michael in that screen? Also, can anyone tell what kind of gun he has? It looks like some sort of light machine gun with a scope.

TreyCrll

pic 1: I wonder what kind of treasah is at the bottom of that lake.

pic 2: That rifle with the scope is pretty cool. Hope weapon mods are available in multiplayer

Edited by TreyCrll

Backfire6

We're talking about old images here? I'm a bit confused

wwinterj

Day 26:

Screen 1: Doesn't look GTA at all and this is a good thing. When first seeing it I remember thinking "wow R* have ripped this right from red dead". Red Dead Redemption is a beautiful game so this makes me happy.

Screen 2: The masks. Nothing more to say about that really.

EvilFuture

Day 26:

Screen 1: One of my favorite screenshots of the game. Looks pretty much exactly like Red Dead Redemption, which I'm happy about.

Screen 2: The masks are awesome. That's about it lol

TheFoxRiverFugitive

Pic 1 - Aside from the floating trees, this screen is gorgeous. I wonder if the lighthouse is the same one from the Epsilon Program screensaver. I can't get over how beautiful the lighting is.

Here are the trees I was talking about. The ones on that hill peak and to the slant on the right. It's not a big deal, just an observation.

user posted image

Pic 2 - I'm really liking the Heat reference with the outfits and masks. I hope this time around the gun sound effects sound much better. The guns themselves also seem a bit more detailed.

Edited by whatsstrength

epicluca

If we can customize our masks I wonder who will be the first person to put a dick on theirs will be.

Choco Taco

floating trees

user posted image

EvilFuture
floating trees

user posted image

We know, you don't have to point out the flaws lol

Polish_Trucker
floating trees

user posted image

Just like floating cactus...

Backfire6

I hope the floating trees will be still in the game. xDDD

I think it'd be funny walking under them, maybe even falling through the ground under the map.

Do you guys think the "tops" of trees will be unsolid like they were before??

Cameron

Those floating trees are giving me the impression R* will be using sprites for trees.

It looked quite bad in the Just Cause games; if you fly over and look down, the trees spin quite frantically.

Deffpony

I think the tree models look way better than IV. I'd rather have awesome looking sprite trees and a 30fps game than amazing 3d trees and a 15 fps game.

EvilFuture
I think the tree models look way better than IV. I'd rather have awesome looking sprite trees and a 30fps game than amazing 3d trees and a 15 fps game.

user posted image

There's also a light pole that's flat at the bottom, yet it's on an angle. tounge.gif

The Scottish Guy

^^^Forgive my ignorance, but is that a screen from V? I haven't noticed it before. confused.gif

Deffpony

Lol once again, if you spend your time playing V knit picking little things like that just donate your 60$ to some Nigerian boy who will be way too happy to notice tree sprites

Kirsty

Glad to see this topic back up and running icon14.gif

Screen 1: There's so many parts of this, it's a lovely scene. The blustery pinkish clouds and that smooth but probably freezing cold water. You can almost imagine yourself enjoying a walk in a place like that in real life. I'm actually interested to see whether there's a difference in the water e.g. is the beach going to be more clear with rays of sunshine, and areas like this more murky with crocodiles? Can't wait.

Screen 2: The main focus obviously being the masks in this one. A cool little feature, but not something I'm hugely bothered about. Be cool to see if we can customise or pick our own though, and whether they will actually have any effect on being recognised by police.

Cyfa

Day 26:

Screenshot 2 analysis:

The lack of gloves and body armor sucks. If someone were to rob a truck they would most likely need to both. How realistic is it to commit a huge crime like this without wearing gloves thus leaving behind evidence and then get into a 4 star shootout without any body armor?

CallTheCoroner

I can see the tree trunks, I don't know about you.

EvilFuture
^^^Forgive my ignorance, but is that a screen from V? I haven't noticed it before. confused.gif

It's from the second trailer lol

Deffpony

I'm actually very intrigued by the concept of heist costumes and masks. So we get to pick the costumes for each heist. And that includes masks? Does that mean we will have those costumes in our inventory afterwards. Or will we burn them after each heist.

I would actually like to do every heist in the same themed outfit, like point break. That would be awesome.

freedom

One thing that didn't strike me instantly about the lighthouse shot is the size of the terrain. But when I really look at the lighthouse it looks pretty small. Which means the area around it is actually quite large. Counter to what I initial thought.

Edited by freedom

kesta195
One thing that didn't strike me instantly about the lighthouse shot is the size of the terrain. But when I really look at the lighthouse it looks pretty small. Which means the area around it is actually quite large. Counter to what I initial interrupted.

Yeah, comparing the size of the lighthouse, even the mountains in the foreground are very large. The mountain in the background is ridiculous.