Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,859 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Deffpony

Two Screens A Day

Deffpony

Im sure I speak for everyone when I say that September cant come soon enough. To make matters worse it looks like we are in for another information blackout.

So in order to help the time pass and prevent this place from turning into a GTA wasteland I think we should revisit the screens we already have. I also think some people will be surprised by the screens they might have missed.

Here is the plan. I will post two screenshots in the OP and change them every day. Each day we will have an opportunity to revisit those screens we already have. Lets look at it with a fresh set of eyes. Discuss what you find interesting about the screens. You can even talk about where you were when you first saw it, or your first thoughts on the screenshots initially. I will start going in sequence of screen release but then eventually I will just make it random. I will continue updating this thread until we get some new info. And even after that, when things die down again, I will try to pick things back up.

Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4
Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 Day 8
Day 9 Day 10 Day 11 Day 12
Day 13 Day 14 Day 15 Day 16
Day 17 Day 18 Day 19 Day 20
Day 21 Day 22 Day 23 Day 24
Day 25
Day 26

Let day 26's discussion begin. It starts on page 31.

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by deffpony

epicluca

Sounds good.

Deffpony

I remember trying so hard to see who was flying that chopper lol. And I remember looking for signs of LV or SF

Mister Pink

Good idea for a topic but it's also sad this what we have to do.

Anyway, the second screen has added vignetting or more accurately the effect and ND filter (used for photography) would give.

Look at this example. Look at the sky. It looks like they added it to the screen shot rather than how it really looks in the game.

user posted image

user posted image

EDIT: My point is the darkness goes over things other than the sky so that to me is just an example of how Rockstar modify screenshots.

Deffpony

Good idea for a topic but it's also sad this what we have to do.

Anyway, the second screen has added vignetting or more accurately the effect and ND filter (used for photography) would give.

Look at this example. Look at the sky. It looks like they added it to the screen shot rather than how it really looks in the game.

hmmm thats interesting. Well, it would be nice to know that they didnt, but its obvious that they have added effects to screens

Mister Pink

Yeah man, you see the way it darkens over the tress on the top right and it darkens over the pillar thingy on the left. It means the darkness is coming over the image rather than the sky having that look in-game.

WhitValid

I still don't know why they had to add a floating man in white.

trevors685

And the question remains...

Who in the f*ck is flying the helicopter..

user posted image

œaœa

user posted image

It boggles my mind. A police helicopter. Who on earth would be driving a police helicopter? This sh*t is just too much for me..

trevors685

user posted image

It boggles my mind. A police helicopter. Who on earth would be driving a police helicopter.

Especially in civilian clothes in a Grand Theft Auto game! You possibly might be on to something..

edit: I'm going with Micheal. <3

Edited by trevors685

Adriaan

If you look carefully, there's that black steel bar where the police would rappel down from. This feature wasn't in IV, but it's something it seems they are bringing back from the older GTAs.

B Dawg

White shirt, black vest, FBI agent?

Fuzzknuckles
I'm not. I see that this is not a call for more news. BUT, it's all just striking me as being  desperate for something to do.

How about we do this when there's something new to look at?

So your rebuttal is that we just sit on our hands until we have actual info, which im sure we can both agree could not be for another couple of months.

I figured this is a decent way of keep people excited while we wait. Keep the forums talking

Aren't all the other threads people talking? Isn't this just the Screenshot Fun thread, but very slightly different?

Whatever, I'll duck out and let you get on with it.

jamieleng

I know the first screen gives us a decent view of some of the city but I find it one of the most boring. Also, the second screen looks a bit rubbish compared to the rest.

I look forward to seeing what's in store for us tomorrow. Are you just going to put them up in random order, or roughly when they were released to the public?

Deffpony

I'm not. I see that this is not a call for more news. BUT, it's all just striking me as being  desperate for something to do.

How about we do this when there's something new to look at?

So your rebuttal is that we just sit on our hands until we have actual info, which im sure we can both agree could not be for another couple of months.

I figured this is a decent way of keep people excited while we wait. Keep the forums talking

Aren't all the other threads people talking? Isn't this just the Screenshot Fun thread, but very slightly different?

Whatever, I'll duck out and let you get on with it.

I understand what your saying, its a shame that this is the kind of thing we are resorting to. But no, its not a screen shot thread. Its a second look thread essentially.

@jamie: After today they will be random. I agree about the first screen. The fact that we were starved ade the screen exciting, but it really is a lackluster screenshot

rsgtafan

I remember seeing these two the first time....I was hyped as hell tounge2.gif

Deffpony

I think one of the first things I noticed was how wide and open the streets felt. Compared to the tight routes in IV

AtomicPunk
If you look carefully, there's that black steel bar where the police would rappel down from. This feature wasn't in IV, but it's something it seems they are bringing back from the older GTAs.

Maybe that means that while Trevor pilots the chopper, we'll be able to repell down it?

Deffpony

Maybe that means that while Trevor pilots the chopper, we'll be able to repell down it?

Yea, it seems like they are going to be bringing the rappeling back. The GI issue mission had Mike rappel on top of the building at the beginning

jamieleng

As much as I'd like rapelling to be available anytime, I think there'll be certain anchor points throughout the city. I do think you're right about being able to do it from helicopters (not just police helicopters either), especially due to the three protagonist switching mechanic.

rere1love

thank you deffpony great post biggrin.gif

the first thing i notice was the textures how much more brighter GTA V will seem to be

also I remember wanted to be able to see every detail of screens I zoomed in to 400% so much and so long caused headaches lol

Edited by rere1love

rere1love

in the second photo the palm trees look unfinished

TheFoxRiverFugitive

Yeah, but the game in that stage is 14 months before completion.

rere1love

Yeah, but the game in that stage is 14 months before completion.

i know this has now been improved

Andreas

I like the idea of that topic!

http://www.photographymad.com/files/images...e-nd-filter.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/screenshots...hot/11/1280.jpg

My point is the darkness goes over things other than the sky so that to me is just an example of how Rockstar modify screenshots.

The dark effect of the screenshot does not have to mean that it's edited. It probably looks like this because of the timecycle that Rockstar used at that time. I have used an ingame Timecyc Editor for GTA San Andreas to edit everything timecycle related and it was possible for me to let appear the game in the fairly same style as that GTA V screenshot. If the settings (lightning colours for static and dynamic objects, colour of sky top and sky bottom, colour correction, sun core and corona colour, et cetera) are done right then it's possible to let appear the game as 'dark' as it's in this case.

Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian

Flight180Victm

Cool topic man icon14.gif I remember I tried and tried to figure out who that was flying that damn helicopter! I finally decided it was Michael or Balcony guy as he was known as at the time. colgate.gif

Off topic

Did we ever decide that Red car guy was in fact, Franklin?

Edited by Flight180Victm

GTA-King

That second pic has always reminded me of Glen Park. Anyone else?

lol232
I love the draw distance in the first picture, just pure epicness.

jamieleng
That second pic has always reminded me of Glen Park. Anyone else?

Got your hopes up for San Fierro did it?