3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jonesizzle

NFL Discussion

Funktipus

Well, another disastrous season. I wasn't like other Giants fans who were saying "worst-to-first". I thought they'd go 7-9 or 8-8, but I didn't see this coming....damn. The win-now plan was a complete failure. And I just heard on WFAN that Eli Apple got traded to the Saints.....the rebuild is on.

A caller brought up a great point...the Giants have been a mess under three different regimes (Coughlin, McAdoo and now Shurmur). Ownership has to get it together.

Icanhandlerejection

The question now for Giant fans is do we make a bid for Carr?  Seems obvious that Gruden is shopping him around the league, but I would guess he's only testing the market.  No reason to deal him until after the season.  While he is not an elite QB at this point, he is useful in evaluating what skill position players remain in Oakland.

No tears in losing Eli Apple, just wondering which is the next shoe to drop. 

dante財閥
On 10/20/2018 at 4:33 PM, Icanhandlerejection said:

The Giants currently have an awful offensive line and an ineffective QB, we certainly do not need another ineffective QB.  No earthly reason to take someone else's trash off the curb let alone pay for the privilege.  Raider nation get use to 3 years of lousy teams until the move to Las Vegas is done and the luxury suites are sold out.  Mr. Cooper is definitely on the block but I doubt there are any teams willing to part with a 3rd round or higher pick to acquire him (isn't he in his last year of his rookie contract?).

Carr isn't garbage and he's certainly better than Eli currently. He just needs the right environment. Same thing for Amari, who went to Cowboys for a 1st lol (Good ol' Jerry Jones). I wouldn't be surprised if he shows out at Dallas.

Funktipus
12 hours ago, Icanhandlerejection said:

The question now for Giant fans is do we make a bid for Carr?  Seems obvious that Gruden is shopping him around the league, but I would guess he's only testing the market.  No reason to deal him until after the season.  While he is not an elite QB at this point, he is useful in evaluating what skill position players remain in Oakland.

No tears in losing Eli Apple, just wondering which is the next shoe to drop. 

Snacks Harrison

GTA3Rockstar

jCrlXRN.jpg

Icanhandlerejection

No offense to the QB David Carr fans out there, but he risked breaking his leg anew behind the Giants offensive line.  No doubt he is on the Block but I do not see him trade until after the season.

darthYENIK

I am hoping the Rams someday get Amari Cooper, not only because I’m a Bama fan, but because I want the Rams to have all the Coopers.

Funktipus

I didn't think it was possible - Giants o-line is worse than last year's....Eli was sacked 7x and only 37 rushing yards?????? No wonder they can't get in the endzone.

GTA3Rockstar
7 hours ago, Funktipus said:

I didn't think it was possible - Giants o-line is worse than last year's....Eli was sacked 7x and only 37 rushing yards?????? No wonder they can't get in the endzone.

In all fairness, the Skins rush defense is pretty good.

McCaffrey, Elliot and Shaquan were held under 100 yards combined.

Vance Joseph will be fired after next week's game, bet on it, because the week after is Denver's bye.

dante財閥

Skins look decent defensively with that trade.

Adrian Peterson playing at a pro bowl level too..

Icanhandlerejection

Agreed AP still has life left in his legs.  People forget he lost most of a season over the pc silly switch nonsense.

Good test for the Skins this week against the Falcons...should win this one by 7+ and be in control the entire game to taken seriously.

GTA3Rockstar

Raiders should've and could've been 0-8

Outlaw from the West

how the raiders go from being a playoff team to bring worse than the browns in under 2 years is astonishing

rip raiders

dante財閥

The smart Raiders fans amongst us knew bad times were coming, just didn't really envision it to be this bad.

Zello
On 10/31/2018 at 12:08 PM, dante財閥 said:

Skins look decent defensively with that trade.

Adrian Peterson playing at a pro bowl level too..

I'm so happy 

Icanhandlerejection

How thoughtful of Jon Gruden to have his offensive line play at the same level as the Giants offensive line to show David Carr how lucky he was not to have been traded.  Also, it seems AJ McCarran is the least popular player on the Raider's team.  No one even mimed blocking for him on his snaps.

Giants and Raiders in a battle for the number one draft pick it seems.

dante財閥

Are you calling him David Carr as a joke? lol

GTA3Rockstar

Haha

dante財閥

Doesn't surprise me.

Funktipus

Last night, Green Bay had the momentum on their side (despite some horrible calls). I felt they were on their way to a TD, then the kid fumbled. You can't do that sh*t against NE......like I said, 60 minutes of clean football.

Chiefs better get home field, and even that's no guarantee. I don't like the defense, and Brady has shown he can beat the opposition anywhere with or without Gronk.

If I was Sean Payton, I'd give Michael Thomas a big fine for that Joe Horn BS. Imagine if that was a playoff game and he gets a 15-yard penalty?

After that disaster against Miami, the seat got hotter for Todd Bowles.

Edited by Funktipus

dante財閥

Not sure if Bowles goes on Black Monday or during the off season

Icanhandlerejection

It seems no one really wants to win the NFC East.  The Giants seem committed to losing it.   Washington plays atrociously and manages to injure every offensive starter.  Someone has to explain Dallas' game plan for last night's game?  How do you manage to have 3 good drives in the first quarter (granted one missed fg, one red zone interception, one nice TD pass) and another scoring drive in the 2nd quarter but do less than nothing in the second half.  Zak Martin is great but that line is not good or healthy enough at the moment to execute a hogs and Riggins style running game.

Skins v. Cowboys for Thanksgiving guess I'll be chatting with my distant cousins over coffee.

Funktipus

Dez Bryant to the Saints.

Icanhandlerejection

The question with Dez is does he look to play with a HOF QB or preen and complain over his targets.

Funktipus
45 minutes ago, Icanhandlerejection said:

The question with Dez is does he look to play with a HOF QB or preen and complain over his targets.

Exactly.....he's in the perfect situation. To screw it up would be a real dumbass move.

Icanhandlerejection
On 11/6/2018 at 10:48 AM, dante財閥 said:

Not sure if Bowles goes on Black Monday or during the off season

As an NY sports fan I would be sorry to see Bowles go this season, he's managed to get a decent effort each week out of a team with bottom half of the week talent.  The main issue is with the Offensive play calling and the coordinator.  I accept we have a rookie QB, but attempting every series to run between the tackles on first and second down only to be left with a third long is not developing any skill of Darnell's other than his scrambling.  Injuries have been an issue (but every team has injuries), unfortunately too many NFL coaches are still locked into the 80s - 90s NFC East offensive style of the Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins.  While that proved successful it requires a big and effective O line, a workhorse running back, and a great defensive.  Offhand I see very few teams in the league who have all three.

GTA3Rockstar
On 11/5/2018 at 4:44 PM, Funktipus said:

Last night, Green Bay had the momentum on their side (despite some horrible calls). I felt they were on their way to a TD, then the kid fumbled. You can't do that sh*t against NE......like I said, 60 minutes of clean football.

Chiefs better get home field, and even that's no guarantee. I don't like the defense, and Brady has shown he can beat the opposition anywhere with or without Gronk.

If I was Sean Payton, I'd give Michael Thomas a big fine for that Joe Horn BS. Imagine if that was a playoff game and he gets a 15-yard penalty?

After that disaster against Miami, the seat got hotter for Todd Bowles.

They probably would've beat the Rams, too.

Chiefs will be one and done like usual in the playoffs. lol

Nah, those touchdown penalties are useless anyways. You're just kicking off at the 20 and will probably pin the other team deep lol

VJ's seat is hotter but didn't get canned on the bye-week. Rip

Funktipus
14 hours ago, Icanhandlerejection said:

As an NY sports fan I would be sorry to see Bowles go this season, he's managed to get a decent effort each week out of a team with bottom half of the week talent.  The main issue is with the Offensive play calling and the coordinator.  I accept we have a rookie QB, but attempting every series to run between the tackles on first and second down only to be left with a third long is not developing any skill of Darnell's other than his scrambling.  Injuries have been an issue (but every team has injuries), unfortunately too many NFL coaches are still locked into the 80s - 90s NFC East offensive style of the Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins.  While that proved successful it requires a big and effective O line, a workhorse running back, and a great defensive.  Offhand I see very few teams in the league who have all three.

Also, there's a lack of talent. I mean, who on offense scares the defense? Who do opposing coaches have to gameplan for?

Antonio Brown caught speeding over 100mph......dumbass.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-antonio-brown-caught-driving-100-mph-162255106.html

Edited by Funktipus

dante財閥

There's some defensive talent for NYJ but yeah there is a lack of talent on the other side of the board. Anderson and Quincy are not ideal main targets. But they intentionally built their receiving corp around size.