4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jonesizzle

NFL Discussion

GTA3Rockstar
8 hours ago, DarksunDaFirst said:

I don't have any Nike gear to own.  I don't like them for different reasons, and their ad is what it is and their message is positive.  The fact some people are butthurt over their choice of sponsor is purely on them and are so narrow minded in the matter it's not even worth going any further on.

I've been commenting on some things about it all. Those that burn the items rather 'stick it to the man' - Nike in this case - because of the campaign with Kaepernick but they're so narrow-minded they rather do that then actually donate to those in need, especially wounded veterans.

Then the news about a private Christian school ending ties with Nike, that's just funny. lol They view standing for the flag more important than what Kapernick's message is.

Oh well

I'm ready just to watch some football, and see what kind of Offense Denver brings and how Chubb/Miller wreck offenses.

98 in 1

Cleveland can't buy a win it seems, six turnovers and the game ends in a tie, jesus wept.

rip Jimmy "NEVA LOST" G's undefeated streak

Tyreek Hill is a goddamn human cheat code

GTA3Rockstar

Bills, looks like it might be another 17 years before you make the playoffs lol

Cowboys suck

Mahomes lit it up

Rodgers does what Rodgers does

Browns first non-losing game since December 2016 lol

Raider fans are probably even more mad with what Mack did

Good to have football back

Chaise

As a Packers fan that was like the biggest roller coaster of emotions ever as a fan lol. 

I went from thinking Rodgers was out for the season and our season was over already. To goin absolutely crazy when Cobb went 80 yards to give us the lead.

Happy to have football back finally been way too long.

dante財閥

I mean, I knew already what a beast Mack was. But yeah, that was difficult to watch.

I just want Gruden out as soon as possible. I hope we're absolutely battered tonight by the Rams. Hate to say it but I'm going to be one of those fans who wants their team to lose this year.

GTA3Rockstar
3 hours ago, dante財閥 said:

I mean, I knew already what a beast Mack was. But yeah, that was difficult to watch.

I just want Gruden out as soon as possible. I hope we're absolutely battered tonight by the Rams. Hate to say it but I'm going to be one of those fans who wants their team to lose this year.

Given how the raiders have played the last 15+ years, the odds are in your favor ;)

Sinner!

4 hours ago, dante財閥 said:

While I'm not sure Gruden will work (him being out of the NFL for 10 years is the major reason for my skepticism) wanting him out before a football has even been thrown & your team to lose is extremely moronic & inane.

Also, he's signed a HUGE 10-year contract, so the Raiders losing this year will probably mean squat.

GTA3Rockstar

Lions went up 17-10 early in the 3rd quarter and then bam! 31 points for the Jets

GTA3Rockstar
13 hours ago, GTA3Rockstar said:

Given how the raiders have played the last 15+ years, the odds are in your favor ;)

I'll just quote this

feckyerlife
18 hours ago, Sinner! said:

While I'm not sure Gruden will work (him being out of the NFL for 10 years is the major reason for my skepticism) wanting him out before a football has even been thrown & your team to lose is extremely moronic & inane.

Also, he's signed a HUGE 10-year contract, so the Raiders losing this year will probably mean squat.

Gruden doesnt work because he can't build teams. the team he won the super bowl with was built by Dungy. 

98 in 1

i'm still erect after that beatdown the Jets put on the Lions 

it's only the Lions, but still

dante財閥
On 9/10/2018 at 11:44 PM, Sinner! said:

It's not moronic and inane at all, some of us (a lot of us) have had educated guesses at how this is going to play out. He's already exhibiting a lot of the qualities I do not want to see in a head coach, and that's before we even get to the Mack trade and how he has reacted. 

RE: the 10 year contract. Yes. That's what pains me. It'll probably take 3 consecutive losing seasons for him to be shown the door barring disaster. I'd rather the disaster came and we started rebuilding already. Vegas soon come anyway.

DarksunDaFirst
On 9/8/2018 at 1:17 AM, GTA3Rockstar said:

I've been commenting on some things about it all. Those that burn the items rather 'stick it to the man' - Nike in this case - because of the campaign with Kaepernick but they're so narrow-minded they rather do that then actually donate to those in need, especially wounded veterans.

Then the news about a private Christian school ending ties with Nike, that's just funny. lol They view standing for the flag more important than what Kapernick's message is.

Oh well

I'm ready just to watch some football, and see what kind of Offense Denver brings and how Chubb/Miller wreck offenses.

You know, I lied (unintentionally).  I do own 1 Nike thing....

My glasses are a Nike brand.  Not sunglasses, but prescription glasses.  They were the only green ones they had.  And as far as I know, Nike didn't actually make them...they just designed them and sold it to Luxottica or whatever.  

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, so here we are about to enter Week 2...let's recap.

Iggles are awesome.  

That's all we need to know.

Philly Philly

RARusk

GTA3Rockstar

More like 53 cubs

GTA3Rockstar
On 9/10/2018 at 2:25 PM, GTA3Rockstar said:

Let me quote this again. ;)

Also Vontae Davis retired at halftime lol that's a new one

Browns are just cursed. lol

Edited by GTA3Rockstar

Funktipus

Giants need a real offensive line. I don't care WHO the QB is, if the line can't block for him, he's finished. See what happened to Tom Brady against the Jags? Thanks to these clowns, Eli's getting hit one second after the friggin' snap! Like Shannon Sharpe said, Eli should have pulled a Vontae Davis.

Next week Giants play the Texans....yikes

dante財閥

The Giants OL stinks but I also think Eli is passed his prime. They should have already invested in a new QB.

Jonesizzle

lord baby jesus, if Josh Gordon can stay clean and play like he has before then the Pats will win it all. 

DarksunDaFirst
9 hours ago, Jonesizzle said:

lord baby jesus, if Josh Gordon can stay clean and play like he has before then the Pats will win it all. 

Didn't they say the same thing in 2007 with Randy Moss?

Jonesizzle

to be fair they went undefeated and shattered records... 

dante財閥

Josh Moss is definitely the story lol.

They'll give him basic routes, easy stuff.

I think it's going to pay off handsomely for New England, unfortunately. 

Funktipus
23 hours ago, dante財閥 said:

The Giants OL stinks but I also think Eli is passed his prime. They should have already invested in a new QB.

They had a chance to set themselves up at the QB position for the next 10 years. Instead, they felt they had a chance to make a big playoff run sticking with Eli and re-tooling the roster, particularly the O-line.

So far, the line gets an F-......can you imagine what the Texans defense will do against them on Sunday?

DarksunDaFirst

So the Eagles have Wentz back this week, and they've signed former Eagle Jordan Matthews.  

You ever hear that joke about what happens when you play a country song backwards?  You get your dog back, your wife back, your job back...

Eagles are living in a country song.  Matthews coming back...Wentz coming back...Peters and Sproles came back, Jason Kelce was "back" (to form)....Nick Foles came back last year, Howie Roseman came back to power last year....

Ever since Chip Kelly was fired, it was a rewinding of the tape.  

No taking that Super Bowl back though...

Funktipus
8 hours ago, DarksunDaFirst said:

So the Eagles have Wentz back this week, and they've signed former Eagle Jordan Matthews.  

You ever hear that joke about what happens when you play a country song backwards?  You get your dog back, your wife back, your job back...

Eagles are living in a country song.  Matthews coming back...Wentz coming back...Peters and Sproles came back, Jason Kelce was "back" (to form)....Nick Foles came back last year, Howie Roseman came back to power last year....

Ever since Chip Kelly was fired, it was a rewinding of the tape.  

No taking that Super Bowl back though...

It only took Philly what, two years to recover from the Chip Kelly disaster? Impressive.

Jonesizzle

Cleveland would've been 2-0 coming into tonight's game if they started Baker from the get go...

Straypuft

Living near Cleveland, I was wondering why my feet suddenly started to freeze, Apparently Hell has frozen over.

Jonesizzle

watching him for a couple years at OU showed this dude is a natural leader and makes everyone better. as soon as he came in, the browns energy changed. the players changed, the coaches changed and the fans changed. he was slinging the ball around better than Tyrod could ever do, which opened up the running game tremendously. pending injuries and seeing how bad their division is.... they could easily make a playoff run with Bake at QB.

Chaise

Baker was really impressive tonight, not a Browns fan but really cool to see them win a game after so long. Bet all those people who said he was going to be the next Johnny Manziel feel dumb as hell.

Jonesizzle

also have to give credit to Jarvis. the throw, and especially the catch, was f*cking amazing. 

I wont lie, I've been watching Baker since he was a walk-on freshman at texas tech and I will admit that I am and will be this forums biggest Baker fanboy. I love my cowboys and always will, but I'll definitely be rooting for him to take over the league. I can't f*cking imagine him spearheading the resurgence of the Browns organization, it would be epic on all proportions.