3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jonesizzle

NFL Discussion

Jonesizzle

All these people saying they didn't watch the super bowl, a great one at that, while the president did. Oh the irony...

First off, f*ck the Eagles and they will always suck. Whoever is a Cowboys fan and rooted for the Eagles, please and kindly remove yourself from the Cowboys fanbase.

Secondly, got damn the Eagles looked good. I couldn't tell if the Patriots defense sucks that bad, or if Big Dick Nick is playing really good (he did torch the Vikings). His last two games are better, statically, than Wentz has been able to conjure together and that's saying a lot. Philly is sitting on a gold mine right now with Foles, and could sell him while he is hot... or keep him until Wentz is healthy. I hate saying all of this sh*t, but when I have gut feelings they seem to be right. Eagles will f*ck around and be the next NFL dynasty... its setting up to be perfect for them.

Browns trade 1st or 4th pick for Foles... lol.

jatiger13

Best offensive line in the NFL. One of the best defenses, even with suspect corners. One of the best tight ends. Deep at running back.

It's very likely that we're back in the Super Bowl next year. The division is fairly easy, Cowboys being the only threat there. Another top seed is highly likely, depending on when Wentz comes back. He got hurt late in the year and that type of injury usually has a 1 year comeback time.

The first, and only, sack of the game came from the edge and caused the fumble.

Well, Graham is a defensive end, but he lined up over the guard on that play. So that counts as inside pressure.

That's usually the best way to pressure Brady, since he is so good at climbing the pocket to avoid edge rushers.

But, if you wanna show off predictions...

My Eagles probably needs a season or 2 before we're back on top.

Predictions don't mean much though. Since we only ever bring up the times we're right.

Easily the worst year of my life.

Dunno wtf BB was thinking not playing Butler. Probably cost them the game.

Butler is an average corner. He's not good enough to say that it "probably cost them the game".

Hell, we won it with our backup QB and one of the worst left tackles in the game. So one average corner isn't going to make that much of a difference.

New Englands defense couldn't stop us all game long. One average corner wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

Unless you somehow think that he would've lined up on Ertz... which he wouldn't have.

I don't get why people seem to think that Butler is better than he actually is. Is it because of that play in the SB years ago?

The bigger issue was their lack of ability to pressure Foles. Two QB pressures in the game. Sure, we have the best line, but that's still pathetic.

Edited by jatiger13

DarksunDaFirst

The first, and only, sack of the game came from the edge and caused the fumble.

Well, Graham is a defensive end, but he lined up over the guard on that play. So that counts as inside pressure.

That's usually the best way to pressure Brady, since he is so good at climbing the pocket to avoid edge rushers.

Dunno wtf BB was thinking not playing Butler. Probably cost them the game.

Hell, we won it with our backup QB and one of the worst left tackles in the game. So one average corner isn't going to make that much of a difference.

You know, that one is tough to call what the pressure would have been. Long lined up outside of Gronkowski, and Graham lined up in between the guard and tackle. Either way, the o-line shifted correctly on that side so that the tackle got Long and the guard got Graham. Graham just straight out beat his man. So I'll call that inside pressure too...he beat the guard. The center and other guard doubled Cox and left tackle took on Barnett.

You know, Big V has not been bad this year at all. He stepped up in a lot of games. I think his worst game was in Seattle. Other than that, at times I forgot that he had even replaced Peters. He's been that good this year - which is nice, because after next season, Peters could (possibly?) retire.

And it needs to be said: Foles is not a normal backup. Honestly, he is starter quality material for this league - just needs to the right system. He got hurt in '14, and was sent into a sh*t situation in '15. Him progressing the way he did, with this coaching staff, over the last 2 months does not surprise me in the slightest.

Chaise

If Foles gets traded to the Browns he should just retire......either that or fake an injury until the last year on his contract is up so he can get paid big money to play somewhere else lol. Browns would just ruin his career if played for them.

DrSweatySphincter

McDaniels was like: Nope lol

iBUCKEYE

Colts got f*ckED. How deflating that has to feel...

RARusk

Shouldn't be too surprising. Did some shady things in Denver which got him fired. Also this:

NumberNineLarge

He just pulled a Belichick. Wow.

GTA3Rockstar

If Foles gets traded to the Browns he should just retire......either that or fake an injury until the last year on his contract is up so he can get paid big money to play somewhere else lol. Browns would just ruin his career if played for them.

I don't think they would do that to him, he just got them their first SB lol

Same thing with Jimmy G, Browns apparently offered a little more but they didn't want to do that to him.

McDuckf*ck already pullin sh*t before getting hired. What a mess.

Jonesizzle

Kraft isn't going to give Indianapolis nothing after deflategate. I've read reports saying he "adjusted" McDaniels contract, good enough to keep him apparently.

jatiger13

You know, Big V has not been bad this year at all. He stepped up in a lot of games. I think his worst game was in Seattle. Other than that, at times I forgot that he had even replaced Peters. He's been that good this year - which is nice, because after next season, Peters could (possibly?) retire.

I'm going by ProFootballFocus' rankings. His ranking among tackles was the same as his jersey number. #72 (if you go by the ranking on his player profile on their website).

That's bad. Really bad.

Here's a quote from their website:

This year, the best line in the game was the Philadelphia Eagles, despite losing one of the best left tackles in the league to injury mid-way through the year and replacing him with one of the worst.

Jason Peters was one of the best tackles in the game before he went down injured, allowing just seven total pressures in seven games, and this would have been a runaway victory for the Eagles line had he stayed healthy all season. Replacing him with Halapoulivaati Vaitai was always going to be a significant downgrade, but its worth illustrating just how significant it was. Vaitai surrendered nine sacks and 30 additional pressures across the regular season, and while Peters bowed out with an overall PFF grade of 86.4, Vaitai had an overall grade of just 39.1, which ranked 74th in the league.

Edited by jatiger13

Jonesizzle

What do y'all Eagles fans think the organization should do we Foles?

Twilight Sky

Part of me says, keep him as the starter.. he's totally earned it. The other half of me remembers that Wentz lead the league in TDs at the time of his injury at 33.

It's a toss up really.. Foles has returned to his form, I mean, he's proved me wrong for sure, and Wentz is badass.

Funktipus

Part of me says, keep him as the starter.. he's totally earned it. The other half of me remembers that Wentz lead the league in TDs at the time of his injury at 33.

It's a toss up really.. Foles has returned to his form, I mean, he's proved me wrong for sure, and Wentz is badass.

Keep Foles as insurance. There's no guarantee Wentz will be ready by the start of the season.

Geralt of Rivia

McDaniels just blackballed himself to 31 other teams. Better hope he doesn't flame out in NE. But I bet he does.

feckyerlife

Dunno wtf BB was thinking not playing Butler. Probably cost them the game. 1 more defensive stop and that's likely NE's SB.

sounds like Butler got caught with weed the night before and got into an arguement with the coaches about it.

http://thebiglead.com/2018/02/05/malcolm-butler-weed-brandon-browner/

I don't get why he didnt switch to Butler either, i guess he wanted to prove his point to the team. but damn Eric Rowe missed tackle after tackle.

Nah there's nothing behind that rumor. Just some random Twitter dude. Waiting for someone reliable to tell us what it really was. And if he did that then he'd be inactive, not just not playing.

After reading this, this makes the most sense

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/02/nfl-super-bowl-lii-patriots-eagles-macolm-butler-beching-bill-belichick-explanation?utm_source=outbrain_ftw&utm_medium=recirc&utm_campaign=rail

Edited by feckyerlife

feckyerlife

Browns hired scot mccloughan as a personal consultant. He stated he likes Baker Mayfield which im 50/50 but one thing i know, Scot will have a good team on that field which is a little scary for me being a ravens fanlol

I think they are forced to trade him, the Eagles are 10 million over the cap and have no draft picks for friday rds 2-3

DrSweatySphincter

So the Colts (GM?) says the rivalry is back on and I think to myself what rivalry? Haven't beaten them in 9 years and every defeat has been by well more than 15 points smh.

Funktipus

McDaniels just blackballed himself to 31 other teams. Better hope he doesn't flame out in NE. But I bet he does.

I have to believe Kraft guaranteed him the HC job once Belichick retires. Otherwise, this move makes no sense!

RARusk

Should've been blackballed after Denver but Indy apparently didn't get the memo.

GTA3Rockstar

McDuckf*ck

Yea, that's what I believed happened. Kraft's more enticing contract probably includes the HC job once BB retires.

His agent also terminated his relationship with him, good. I hope he fails all around,

jatiger13

If a great offer comes along, trade him.

Otherwise keep him this year until Wentz is ready. They should know if he'll be ready for the season before training camp starts. If he's only going to miss a game or two, trade Foles and let Sudfeld play.

I think it's hard to judge Foles. Which Foles will show up? The playoffs Foles or something worse?

We've seen backups play good for a shorter stretch, but when given the full time job they aren't nearly as good.

Either way, he's not gonna play once Wentz can play. No way. He knows that already anyway, so he'll probably ask to be traded if he wants a starting job.

Always be wary of overrating players who got hot in the playoffs.

Edited by jatiger13

GTA3Rockstar

Always be wary of overrating players who got hot in the playoffs.

And add that fact that he wasn't interested in football and contemplated retiring, just this past offseason lol

GTA3Rockstar

49ers just sign Jimmy G to a 5 year deal worth $137.5mil deal...

iBUCKEYE

They better be reeeallly sure lol.

GTA3Rockstar

I'm sure you can add Cousins to the top paid list soon.

Then you'll have 4 QBs who don't have any playoff wins and getting paid a sh*t f*ck ton.

Tokasmoka

If I was Philly I'd trade Wentz, tough decision but the smart one. That's all these teams do is look for that elusive QB that can win in the SB. Will Philly has one and can still get a Kings ransom for Wentz when he's healthy again. Funny because NE was in the exact same boat with Brady and Bledsoe and we all know what they did.

Can't wait for the draft and how the Browns #$%^ this up. I aint no scout but I'd go with Barkley first overall and trade down the 4th pick for a nice haul of picks.

Funktipus

If I was Philly I'd trade Wentz, tough decision but the smart one. That's all these teams do is look for that elusive QB that can win in the SB. Will Philly has one and can still get a Kings ransom for Wentz when he's healthy again. Funny because NE was in the exact same boat with Brady and Bledsoe and we all know what they did.

Can't wait for the draft and how the Browns #$%^ this up. I aint no scout but I'd go with Barkley first overall and trade down the 4th pick for a nice haul of picks.

No way that's going to happen....trade their young, franchise QB who put them in position to win home field and go on that playoff run???? Cats like Wentz don't come along that often.

Jonesizzle

as someone who deeply despises the Eagles, I would love for them to trade Wentz away.