1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jonesizzle

NFL Discussion

Hmmm nice bike

f*ck you, Tom Brady

Twilight Sky

Well, totally called that. I'm happy they won being one of my favorite teams. Still wish it were the Falcons.

Also to be fair to Brady, the man threw his ass off, the Pats went down fighting.

Edited by Twilight Sky

DrSweatySphincter

Back to Boston you go bitch, eat sh*t.

GTA3Rockstar

Play of the game

Pederson called plays to win that game. The Patriots ran a similar play earlier and bounced off Brady's fingertips, basically fired shots right at them for missing it.

Tech-Noir

As a long time Philadelphia fan, I can now stop having haters telling me that the team's trophy case is empty, and I'm so goddamn happy about it. What a great game too, and considering getting that awesome looking Superbowl champions hat, even if it's pretty pricey for me at forty bucks.

trip

My family's season tickets started at Franklin field and my father and grandfather were there for the win against Green Bay.

I was a young kid that went to every game in the Vet's 700 level.

When my dad moved I was way too young to take on the tickets.

I have not missed seeing a game in decades.

Anyway...i'm glad this video,finally showed up on YT. Here's why we won.

Edited by trip

GTA3Rockstar

As much as I hate Brady/Pats and their fans; I hate the ones who say 4-0 (montana) is greater than 5-3 lol

Some of their reasons are just dumb:

"Brady loses more in big games compared to most QB's. The wins matter just like the losses do. But you have to measure those correctly within the numbers themselves. The whole point is not to lose. But youre failing in big games more than than most? If youre going to get there at times, the whole idea is to win them all so the title can fit."

Like, what...? lol Its because most QBs (10 out of 12) are knocked out of the playoffs before the super bowl.

"And no one cares about what Montana did before the Super Bowl. SO we not going to even talk about that."

"And it doesnt matter what Montana did before the SB. The fact remains is that he is 4 and 0 in SB's. Thats a better number than 5-3. Its not rocket science."

So, all of the playoff games he played before the Super Bowl don't matter?? I mean it's not like you automatically skip 2-3 games to play in the Super Bowl, you gotta play to get there lol

Rocket science? Not sure how 4 is a 'better' number than 5 lol

"Lets talk about the 12 times they were there instead of what they did in the playoffs. If you want to compare what they did in the playoffs as a whole, then thats a whole other argument. This argument is about the SB only!!!"

Brady accounts for 8 of their 12. 50% of the time, Brady/Pats are playing in the Super Bowl. 18 NFL seasons, two of which include his rookie year he didn't start and the year he got injured in the first game's first quarter, so we will say 16 full seasons.

"Brady's "getting there" 8 times is not even greater than Montana's 4 wins, despite the fact that you take into account that its a larger number. Thats stupid. Since you want to talk about that, its not even greater than Jim Kelly's "getting there" 4 consecutive times."

His arguments are so crap. Winning it 4 times is greater than getting there 8 times... You have to be consistent with your points. Forget their records, which is greater: getting there 8 times or getting there 4 times? Exactly.

With his logic, losing in the WC/Div/Conf game would've been better than losing in the Super Bowl... AND Dilfer's 1-0 record would be better, too because he never lost a SB lol

Others have said, when Montana gets to the Super Bowl he doesn't lose. Well, guess what, he lost in other playoff games trying to get there.

Brady is 27-10 and Montana is 16-7 in the playoffs. Get rid of their SB record, they're 22-7 v 12-7.

Also, look at this: Brady is 196-55 and Montana is 117-47 in the regular season, that's a difference of 79-8. Like, how retarded is that number?

I even hate myself for arguing for Brady but the Montana fans are worse now it seems lol

Final words, f*ck them and good job Eagles!

Edited by GTA3Rockstar

NumberNineLarge

I think just about anybody who isn't a Pats fan was very happy with last night.

I wish it was the Bears, but it's always great to see a team get its first and this somewhat makes up for my disgust after last year's Super Bowl.

The Eagles earned and deserve this Super Bowl. Most teams with those kind of injuries would've folded. They were underdogs despite their record and being the top seed in the NFC.

This reminds me of my childhood and all those NFC title game years with Reid, McNabb, Westbrook, Mitchell and Pinkston. Those teams had a championship window for years to now avail. This one came out of nowhere and did it against the odds.

I think it's safe to say 31 fan bases are happy when Brady and Belichick lose, especially if it's on the biggest stage.

DarksunDaFirst

Devin McCourty on WFAN:

“We knew it was a team that once they got a lead that they would really lean on the run game, and I thought our front seven played really well in the second half trying to stop the run and not allowing them to just drown out the clock and just run and keep our offense off the field,” said McCourty, who also credited New England’s run game with playing better in the second half."

Like I said, NE dared Blake Bortles to beat them....they knew he couldn't (Jags coaches knew it too, that's why they played not to lose in the second half). When Jax got the turnover off the fumble, they went three and out. Can't do that against the Pats.

Unlike the Jags, Eagles stayed aggressive. They didn't run out the clock late in the first half......sh*t, they went and took it. Eagles must have that same mindset in two weeks.

Considering what Foles and the Eagles did against the Vikings defense, I would love the Patriots to dare Nick Foles to beat them. He is in tune with the offense now compared to a month and Pederson game plans really well with great adjustments in-game.

Now I'm just saying: It's the Patriots, Bellichik...all that. No denying what they're up against - but if there was one team that was setup for this type of game, it's the Eagles. Roseman did a great job making all the moves he did this offseason, really built something strong.

Matchups...Overall, I think the Eagles have the better personnel on the line, both sides. For the Eagles though, greatest strength in the front 4 is matched up against one of the better interior lines in football. That was one of the biggest reasons why they beat the Vikings so handidly was their ability to beat them in the middle of the line where they were weakest. Patriots are the opposite of that - overall a really good line, and that interior imo has been one of their strongest points all year (outside of the QB). Eagles will really need to get that pressure on the edge and fast. Stop their running game, stay aggressive with your DB's and Tom Brady will have very little to throw to (though he doesn't much to make it happen).

Just need Foles to show he has what it takes to show up in big moments.

Just saying, I pretty much called it.

• Eagles Offensive Line DOMINATED - Kelce, Weisnewski, and Johnson decimated the Patriots front 7. Eagles runningbacks had 150 yards on the ground. Zero sacks given up.
  • Patriots interior offensive line nullified Fletcher Cox and the interior pash rush. The D-Line though nullified Lewis and outside of the 26 yard run, they took care of White too.
  • The first, and only, sack of the game came from the edge and caused the fumble. The Eagles were hitting Brady all game long, but it barely fazed him until that play late in the game.
  • Nick Foles showed he isn't just another backup - always had faith in this dude and just felt he got dealt a bad situation after his first year with Chip. Today, you can't spell Redemption without Nick Foles.

Brady wasn't beat in this game. He played lights out. Foles didn't beat him, Brady didn't lose it. There are games where you can point to the QB and say "he won/lost the game for the team". That isn't the case for either QB in this regard (though had the Patriots won, Brady would have been the BIGGEST reason by a long shot on the Patriots why they won). Pederson though...Pederson beat Belichick. The head coach simply had his team outplay the other team. This was a more pass-heavy game for the Eagles, with or without Wentz...but rightfully so. They were in an offensive shootout - the Eagles just played the clock better with their superior depth at runningback (Corey Clement - 4 catches for 100 yards and a touchdown).

The Eagles are Champions. I can hardly believe it, it barely seems real. I remember going to bed last night (really this morning around 4 AM) and saying to myself - "yo, if I wake up and none of this sh*t was real, I'm going to be so pissed off".

Looking forward to next season, the Eagles have some "good" problems to figure out.

• When Wentz gets healthy, what do you do with Foles?
  • Is Darren Sproles coming back? Clement practically took over his role on offense, but we could definitely still use him for special teams (Barner is decent, Sproles is way better)
  • The cornerbacks looked really shaky the second half of the season, Darby was great at times, but underwhelming most of the time.
  • Speaking of cornerbacks - I suspect Malcom Butler is going to be a UFA. If he wants to join a Super Bowl team - I think Legarrette Blount and Chris Long might have a suggestion for him.
  • Does Jim Schwartz leave for another head coaching stint? Who do you replace him with? If Schwartz does leave, I think Spagnuolo might be available - he has a history with the team from his days as Jim Johnson's protege. He was the interim coach for the Giants, but I think the Pats OC is getting that job for 2018.
  • On a lesser note - we're probably going to need to find a good RB coach because Duce Staley has been instrumental on this team for 7 seasons now (5 as the RB coach) and I'm really sure he wants to take the next step in his career. I'm pretty sure he's going to get an OC offer this year and he's going to take it. That guy is hungry to be a head coach (he got interviewed for the Eagles job two years ago after Chip was fired).

So many things to answer. Super Bowl is over and today is the first day of the offseason.

Let's see what else....

Vince Lombardi Trophy - Pederson got it. He needs to take a selfie of him with it and send that to Mike Lombardi.

Speaking of Lombardi - in the 60's, there was a coach/QB combination that won 5 NFL Championships - (Lombardi/Starr). Today we have a coach/QB combination that has also accomplished that feat.

You know what they both have in common? They don't have 6 - thanks to the Eagles (ok ok...Giants too, twice)

It's a great day to be an Eagles fan. So happy....let's do it again.

And oh yeh...

DVPa18WXkAA5qr7.jpg

eag50.jpg

Edited by DarksunDaFirst

feckyerlife

Play of the game

Pederson called plays to win that game. The Patriots ran a similar play earlier and bounced off Brady's fingertips, basically fired shots right at them for missing it.

There's actually alot of questions about an illegal formation on that play.

Tokasmoka

"Back to Boston you bitch, eat #$%^" Funny that's what an eagle fan did last night. Just shows you that pat haters are worse than Pat fans. Anyone that hates on Brady is just an jealous player hating edgelord. Brady is a fantastic human being that we all could learn from if you aren't too busy raging in front of a computer to realise this.

Grats Eagles fan, that was an incredible game. Like playing Madden 17 with all the offensive sliders at max settings. Next SB is going to seem like a dud compared to the last two games.

El Dildo

too late now...

Hobo Rocket

I think it's safe to say 31 fan bases are happy when Brady and Belichick lose, especially if it's on the biggest stage.

As a diehard Giants fan, I can tell you this is most certainly not the case. I hate the Eagles more than any other sports franchise in the world.

So no, I'm not happy about this. Most Giants fans aren't. I'll gladly root for any team that's not in our division.

DrSweatySphincter

They'll be back in the AFC title game again. I still see Brady getting a 6th maybe even a 7th before he retires at the rate hes beating father time.

DarksunDaFirst

Play of the game

the only thing that might questionable (countering the notion of "a lot" of questions) was the right wideout being close enough to the line of scrimmage. Smith was on the line on the left side.

If you're not supposed to be "on the line" you have to set at least one yard behind it. that camera is not centered on the LOS nor is it perpendicular to the sideline.

Everything else about that play is 100% legal - but I think the main question surrounds Foles and how he shifted from one position to another.

From Wikipedia:

a quarterback who takes his stance behind center as a T-formation quarterback is not eligible unless, before the ball is snapped, he legally moves to a position at least one yard behind the line of scrimmage or on the end of the line, and is stationary in that position for at least one second before the snap

So Foles was not under center, he was in shotgun. He also legally moved to a position after the HB moved behind him. (still no a T-formation), so there is no "two men moving at once" penalty. Secondly, it couldn't have been an illegal shift since:

• Foles moved to a perfectly acceptable position after his shift.
  • Foles remained still for at least 1 second (all he really has to do is shift and set his feet)

So maybe it's my fan vistion talking that the far receiver wasn't lined up properly, but so long as he's within a yard of the LOS - he is then technically on the line.

Tokasmoka

On to the draft. Can't wait to see how the Browns #$%^ up the 1st and 4th pick.

No Use For A Name

On to the draft. Can't wait to see how the Browns #$%^ up the 1st and 4th pick.

Theyll draft a qb at 1, then another qb at 4, just in case qb1 sucks.

Gotta cover all your bases

Geralt of Rivia

Easily the worst year of my life.

Dunno wtf BB was thinking not playing Butler. Probably cost them the game. 1 more defensive stop and that's likely NE's SB.

FukNRekd

Is the NFL still a thing?

I quit watching when they started injecting politics. I didn't watch football for the politics, I watched it for the sport.

So congrats to which ever team won. I guess.

feckyerlife

Dunno wtf BB was thinking not playing Butler. Probably cost them the game. 1 more defensive stop and that's likely NE's SB.

sounds like Butler got caught with weed the night before and got into an arguement with the coaches about it.

http://thebiglead.com/2018/02/05/malcolm-butler-weed-brandon-browner/

I don't get why he didnt switch to Butler either, i guess he wanted to prove his point to the team. but damn Eric Rowe missed tackle after tackle.

Edited by feckyerlife

darthYENIK

I quit watching when they started injecting politics. I didn't watch football for the politics, I watched it for the sport.

Didnt know players doing something before a game affected the game itself.

Grow a spine. People dont like what is going on in this country, and maybe instead of masturbating over the Stars and Stripes you should listen to the troubles of your fellow man.

Tokasmoka

I knew Butler must of done something retarded, what a effing moron. Glad Belichick benched his ass, I know BB is getting torched for that decision but it's Bulter that let the entire team down with his actions not Belichick and his coaching decision. I take he and Donta Hightower(who liked Browner's 'locker room divided' post) are as good as gone in the offseason.

Geralt of Rivia

sounds like Butler got caught with weed the night before and got into an arguement with the coaches about it.

http://thebiglead.com/2018/02/05/malcolm-butler-weed-brandon-browner/

I don't get why he didnt switch to Butler either, i guess he wanted to prove his point to the team. but damn Eric Rowe missed tackle after tackle.

Nah there's nothing behind that rumor. Just some random Twitter dude. Waiting for someone reliable to tell us what it really was. And if he did that then he'd be inactive, not just not playing.

Funktipus

As a diehard Giants fan, I can tell you this is most certainly not the case. I hate the Eagles more than any other sports franchise in the world.

So no, I'm not happy about this. Most Giants fans aren't. I'll gladly root for any team that's not in our division.

I love the G-Men, but I wanted the Eagles to win to make my brother happy. He's had his heart broken so many times, going back to the Fog Game.

The Malcolm Butler Mystery;

https://twitter.com/JoeyPigskins/sta...65657074065408

Edited by Funktipus

DrSweatySphincter

edp445 can die happy now. This victory should last him good for a long long time.

iBUCKEYE

C’mon over to Detroit, Butler. Have some fun with Big Play Slay.

GTA3Rockstar

Play of the game

the only thing that might questionable (countering the notion of "a lot" of questions) was the right wideout being close enough to the line of scrimmage. Smith was on the line on the left side.

If you're not supposed to be "on the line" you have to set at least one yard behind it. that camera is not centered on the LOS nor is it perpendicular to the sideline.

Everything else about that play is 100% legal - but I think the main question surrounds Foles and how he shifted from one position to another.

From Wikipedia:

a quarterback who takes his stance behind center as a T-formation quarterback is not eligible unless, before the ball is snapped, he legally moves to a position at least one yard behind the line of scrimmage or on the end of the line, and is stationary in that position for at least one second before the snap

So Foles was not under center, he was in shotgun. He also legally moved to a position after the HB moved behind him. (still no a T-formation), so there is no "two men moving at once" penalty. Secondly, it couldn't have been an illegal shift since:
  • Foles moved to a perfectly acceptable position after his shift.
  • Foles remained still for at least 1 second (all he really has to do is shift and set his feet)
So maybe it's my fan vistion talking that the far receiver wasn't lined up properly, but so long as he's within a yard of the LOS - he is then technically on the line.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Bolt/Super-Bowl-Eagles-used-illegal-formation-on-trick-play-touchdown-114685199

7 people need to line up on the line of scrimmage, and also: "Careful study of the replay seems to show that wide receiver Alshon Jeffery gestured towards an official to confirm that his alignment was acceptable. He apparently got the go ahead, which is why the play wasn't flagged and why Jeffery didn't move into a proper spot."

So it's tough to say, but the ref OK'd his spot, so it was legal.

Twilight Sky

The league themselves didn't inject politics. It's the players trying to inject politics in it. I'm not going to get further into that since I'll be basically doing the same thing.

Just ignore the twitter feeds, and the what not, and enjoy the games for what they are.

GTA3Rockstar

Lol ignorant.. Of course it is, it's not going anywhere. 25mil+ watched each playoff game, the Saints/Vikings game was nearly 50mil and I'm sure the SB reached 100mil+

To each their own

EDIT

103mil average, confirmed

Edited by GTA3Rockstar