3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jonesizzle

NFL Discussion

Jonesizzle

I sincerely hope Eagles dont make the super bowl. I would tell you the opposite if Carson Wentz was still playing. I enjoy watching Keenum play, Foles not so much, and I think the Vikings offense could hang with New England.... and yes I am automatically assuming Patriots win with or without Brady.

Plus, I think Brian Hoyer is a really great fit the Belichick system.

Did you enjoy Foles tonight? Probably one of the best performances by an Eagles QB in the postseason, if not the best.I will say this kindly as possible, coming from a cowboys fan... f*ck off. I can only hope the Eagles lose 50-0, but I have a funny f*cking feeling the Eagles will make it hard on the Pats.

I told my father in law, Eagles fan, if the Vikings scored more than two TDs that the Eagles would lose. Good f*cking thing those scrubs only scored 7! Almost reminds of the music city miracle, how such a great moment was wasted... at least the got damn Titans made the SB though.

Edited by DOOM!

NumberNineLarge

I certainly hope the Eagles pull this off, though no I have no reason to be optimistic.

feckyerlife

gonna be the first superbowl that i dont watch. I don't see the eagles pulling it off.

Geralt of Rivia

I wanna die.

Funktipus

Devin McCourty on WFAN:

“We knew it was a team that once they got a lead that they would really lean on the run game, and I thought our front seven played really well in the second half trying to stop the run and not allowing them to just drown out the clock and just run and keep our offense off the field,” said McCourty, who also credited New England’s run game with playing better in the second half."

Like I said, NE dared Blake Bortles to beat them....they knew he couldn't (Jags coaches knew it too, that's why they played not to lose in the second half). When Jax got the turnover off the fumble, they went three and out. Can't do that against the Pats.

Unlike the Jags, Eagles stayed aggressive. They didn't run out the clock late in the first half......sh*t, they went and took it. Eagles must have that same mindset in two weeks.

GTA3Rockstar

gonna be the first superbowl that i dont watch. I don't see the eagles pulling it off.

Eagles have just as good of a defense as the Jags but they also have more than just Fournette on offense. lol

Devin McCourty on WFAN:

“We knew it was a team that once they got a lead that they would really lean on the run game, and I thought our front seven played really well in the second half trying to stop the run and not allowing them to just drown out the clock and just run and keep our offense off the field,” said McCourty, who also credited New England’s run game with playing better in the second half."

Like I said, NE dared Blake Bortles to beat them....they knew he couldn't (Jags coaches knew it too, that's why they played not to lose in the second half). When Jax got the turnover off the fumble, they went three and out. Can't do that against the Pats.

Unlike the Jags, Eagles stayed aggressive. They didn't run out the clock late in the first half......sh*t, they went and took it. Eagles must have that same mindset in two weeks.

He did make some nice throws late in the game to get into NE side of the field, after they went up 24-20.

Then the 4th down tip ended that.

Jonesizzle

If Bortles could play at the level he played against the Pats, I have absolutely no doubt they could go and win a super bowl, question is if he can.

I just dont want Eagles to make it a close game. Id hate to have a boring super bowl, but if it means Philly getting absolutely embarrassed... then I could care less.

Vigilante88

Me when the Patriots came back and won..

tenor.gif

Smh another boring ass Brady Super Bowl.

feckyerlife

Eagles have just as good of a defense as the Jags but they also have more than just Fournette on offense. lol

Devin McCourty on WFAN:

He did make some nice throws late in the game to get into NE side of the field, after they went up 24-20.

Then the 4th down tip ended that.

dude its Brady, they (the NFL) wants him to get his 6th and get out. This game will be rigged just like the AFC championship game was.

DarksunDaFirst

Devin McCourty on WFAN:

Considering what Foles and the Eagles did against the Vikings defense, I would love the Patriots to dare Nick Foles to beat them. He is in tune with the offense now compared to a month and Pederson game plans really well with great adjustments in-game.

Now I'm just saying: It's the Patriots, Bellichik...all that. No denying what they're up against - but if there was one team that was setup for this type of game, it's the Eagles. Roseman did a great job making all the moves he did this offseason, really built something strong.

Matchups...Overall, I think the Eagles have the better personnel on the line, both sides. For the Eagles though, greatest strength in the front 4 is matched up against one of the better interior lines in football. That was one of the biggest reasons why they beat the Vikings so handidly was their ability to beat them in the middle of the line where they were weakest. Patriots are the opposite of that - overall a really good line, and that interior imo has been one of their strongest points all year (outside of the QB). Eagles will really need to get that pressure on the edge and fast. Stop their running game, stay aggressive with your DB's and Tom Brady will have very little to throw to (though he doesn't much to make it happen).

Just need Foles to show he has what it takes to show up in big moments.

I sincerely hope Eagles dont make the super bowl. I would tell you the opposite if Carson Wentz was still playing. I enjoy watching Keenum play, Foles not so much, and I think the Vikings offense could hang with New England.... and yes I am automatically assuming Patriots win with or without Brady.

Plus, I think Brian Hoyer is a really great fit the Belichick system.

Did you enjoy Foles tonight? Probably one of the best performances by an Eagles QB in the postseason, if not the best.
I will say this kindly as possible, coming from a cowboys fan... f*ck off. I can only hope the Eagles lose 50-0, but I have a funny f*cking feeling the Eagles will make it hard on the Pats.

I told my father in law, Eagles fan, if the Vikings scored more than two TDs that the Eagles would lose. Good f*cking thing those scrubs only scored 7! Almost reminds of the music city miracle, how such a great moment was wasted... at least the got damn Titans made the SB though.

Well cowboys fan...I see you understand the Philly Love we like to share with ya'l :evilgrin:,.|..

Edited by DarksunDaFirst

Jonesizzle

Me when the Patriots came back and won..

tenor.gif

boring ass Brady Super Bowl? Dude, like all of his super bowl games have been close and exciting... the f*ck are you talking about?

GTA3Rockstar

dude its Brady, they (the NFL) wants him to get his 6th and get out. This game will be rigged just like the AFC championship game was.

A lot of people hate seeing Brady/Pats in the Super Bowl. I don't know why they would rig it lol

Vigilante88

Me when the Patriots came back and won..tenor.gif

boring ass Brady Super Bowl? Dude, like all of his super bowl games have been close and exciting... the f*ck are you talking about?Don't mind me. Anything Brady/Pats = boring and lame af to me. I'm f*cking sick of seeing them up there at the top every single year. They're the reason why I stopped watching football for a couple years. Every time a season starts it's like.. ok, who's gonna face Brady this year?.. smh f*ck him. f*ck the pats. f*ck their fans.

Jonesizzle

Ah, I gotcha. Im a fan of Brady, so it doesnt bother me... itd be nice if someone besides Eli f*cking Manning could beat him. But Brady is 2-0 against birds in the super bowl, about to be 3-0. edit: wow, my dumb ass, he's 3-0 against birds and will, hopefully, be 4-0.

I know all fanbases can get stupid and wild, but the display shown from the Eagles is f*cking pathetic. If those were cowboys fans Id be disappointed and embarrassed.

Edited by DOOM!

DarksunDaFirst

I know all fanbases can get stupid and wild, but the display shown from the Eagles is f*cking pathetic. If those were cowboys fans Id be disappointed and embarrassed.

Somebody has a problem with people having fun and a single story highlighting a couple bad eggs.

You ever been to Boston in July after a Red Sox win? faaaaackkk, those guys...are nuts.

Tokasmoka

Pat haters are worse than Pat fans :lol:. At least the fans don't make redonkulous claims about how the NFL is rigged. The officiating may be incompetent(nothing compared to the NHL) and the Pats have had a #$%^ ton of success but it is in no way as bad as the NBA where its just a giant tourney between 4 teams. The rest of the league has had over a decade to emulate what the Patriots are doing yet they still build their teams around the wrong personnel.

Two posts above this made me realize they're a lot of NFL teams named after birds lol. Cardinals, Ravens, Seahawks, Falcons, Eagles...

Jonesizzle

Somebody has a problem with people having fun and a single story highlighting a couple bad eggs.

You ever been to Boston in July after a Red Sox win? faaaaackkk, those guys...are nuts.

i have no problem with people celebrating and if you think this stems from a "single story" you need to do some more research. there's multiple videos of these moron eagles fans acting stupid... Edited by DOOM!

Panz

Eyyyy go birds

BzD88jw.jpg

Zello

I wanna see the Eagles win and the entire city of Philadelphia burn down lol

Jonesizzle

they don't need to win sh*t... if Brady gets beat by a Manning and Foles, that's pretty bad.

El Dildo

wow another Super Bowl with the Patriots.

football sucks...

DarksunDaFirst

i have no problem with people celebrating and if you think this stems from a "single story" you need to do some more research. there's multiple videos of these moron eagles fans acting stupid...

Yeh, whatever. Vikings fans vandalized some parts of the city including an iconic statue. f*ck ‘em all, go enjoy their tee time.

NumberNineLarge

The Eagles haven't been on top since the 1960 NFL Championship Game. Hopefully they end their drought.

Vigilante88

Pro Bowl is today.. who you got?

NFC > AFC

Jonesizzle

i have no problem with people celebrating and if you think this stems from a "single story" you need to do some more research. there's multiple videos of these moron eagles fans acting stupid...Yeh, whatever. Vikings fans vandalized some parts of the city including an iconic statue. f*ck em all, go enjoy their tee time.they vandalized a statue... by putting a vikings jersey on it? get the f*ck over it. I'm sure there was some stupid vikings fans, but the Eagles fanbase really stood out. Edited by DOOM!

Geralt of Rivia

I'm looking forward to Sunday because of the food. That's it. I'm sure the commercials will be trash like usual.

GTA3Rockstar

Super Bowl squares:

pTNnCQB.png

Me

• 5-4
  • 5-9
  • 4-8
  • 8-8

Bro1

• 1-2
  • 1-8
  • 5-8
  • 5-1

Bro2

• 6-2
  • 6-0
  • 3-4
  • 2-7

1st quarter score $100

2nd quarter score $100

3rd quarter score $100

Final score $200

I need an 8-8 game tie, with the Eagles scoring a TD in overtime to win it 14-8. That way I win all of the quarters haha

DrSweatySphincter

Eagles have double digit lead late in fourth but get their foot off the gas pedal and make stupid decisions, Brady leads comeback and Pats win. Im fairly sure Gronk will play and if he does Eagles have their hands full.

GTA3Rockstar

Eagles can win. They shredded that Vikings defense with ease and they were one of, if not, the best this year.

BREAKING NEWS!

Alex Smith traded to Redskins

Cousins is a free agent, Denver is most likely the front runner. Bet

Edited by GTA3Rockstar

iBUCKEYE

I think theres decent chance he goes to Cleveland

Edited by iBUCKEYE