Bears, Seahawks win

1/4 lol

Chargers, Colts

Saints, Rams

2 hours ago, Larcen said:

Apparently, Parkey's kick was tipped.

My favorite comment from the Deadspin story today:

lol.

I think it was gonna be missed anyways. The left/right movement of the ball didn't look affected.

Icanhandlerejection

First play interception and more Foles magic; some strange voodoo in New Orleans!

GTA3Rockstar

Boring

I guess Brees just needs to beat Brady

98 in 1

on everything i love if the Pats make it to yet another superbowl imma jettison myself straight into the sun

kermit pls

GTA3Rockstar

He has to be tripping on something

Larcen
27 minutes ago, GTA3Rockstar said:

He has to be tripping on something

Zello
5 hours ago, 98 in 1 said:

on everything i love if the Pats make it to yet another superbowl imma jettison myself straight into the sun

kermit pls

Mahomes will save us

Icanhandlerejection

Hope the Jets do sign Williams as the Defensive Coordinator, means a pretty good shot they finish 2019 7-8-1 when he takes over for Gase after he's fired for failing his drug test.  Recreational pot isn't legal yet in either New York or New Jersey.    

GTA3Rockstar

It's a double whammy for my personal preference.

A - F*ck the Chiefs

B - F*ck the Patriots

I rather see Brees beat Brady, which would go quite well with him beating P Manning in the Super Bowl, too.

Then that means the Patriots have the most super bowl losses, which would break a tie with Denver.

DarksunDaFirst

I had to share this.

”OHHHH NO, MY POWER ZONE!  NOW I’M TURNING INto regular season Nick!”

levi48

I'm almost certain Finley has just said he wouldn't take a compensation cut, prompting his noticeable discharge. Appears Finley (golf tips) has had the damage bug the past season or two.

GTA3Rockstar

Rams can thank the refs for that f*ckin sh*t.

Zello

I'm going Chiefs

GTA3Rockstar

Saints in the SB was the only way it was gonna be good, especially vs Pats

F*ck the rest now

darthYENIK

Hey, f*ck you.😘

By the way, the refs sucked both ways.  The Saints didn’t get called for a single penalty in the first half, despite deserving it on several occasions, including at least two times they snapped after the play clock was at zero.  But they miss two calls against the Saints toward the end of the game, and Joe Buck has an aneurism so it’s not cool.

GTA3Rockstar
33 minutes ago, darthYENIK said:

Hey, f*ck you.😘

By the way, the refs sucked both ways.  The Saints didn’t get called for a single penalty in the first half, despite deserving it on several occasions, including at least two times they snapped after the play clock was at zero.  But they miss two calls against the Saints toward the end of the game, and Joe Buck has an aneurism so it’s not cool.

Refs usually look at the clock until 0 and then look at the ball, if it is snapped, its okay but if its not then they get flagged.

Either way, F*CK THEM. Should've been Saints/Pats bowl

darthYENIK

Yes, how we’d all enjoy that.

Zello

Pats gonna win the Superbowl

Funktipus
14 hours ago, GTA3Rockstar said:

Rams can thank the refs for that f*ckin sh*t.

Unbelievable.....that sh*t was BLATANT.....how do you not call it?

The wrong team is going to the SB.

Where was the Chiefs defense on that final drive in OT? You're this close to the SB....SOMEBODY has to step up and make a play.

A quote from a Chiefs fan on twitter;

"If the Chiefs just knew to line up onsides, I'd be watching the Super Bowl in two weeks. Now I couldn't care less about it."

feckyerlife
8 hours ago, Zello said:

Pats gonna win the Superbowl

Its pretty sad and ironic that the only way for the superbowl winner not too have an asterisk next to it, would be by the Patriots winning. 

1 hour ago, Funktipus said:

Unbelievable.....that sh*t was BLATANT.....how do you not call it?

The wrong team is going to the SB.

Its what happens when sports betting becomes legal, vegas gets to dictate the games. 

Larcen

Oh, nice Super Bowl matchup.

One sloppy sh*t sandwich facing off against a marginally less sloppy sh*t sandwich.

I'm rooting for Team Meteor.

qCqD0vEt_400x400.jpg

darthYENIK

Jesus, it’s not like the Rams are a bad team and had no chance of winning that game without the bad non-call.  Even with that call going the Saints way, it’s not like the Rams hadn’t been stopping them in the red zone all game long.  There’s just as much a chance of that happening as the Saints getting a TD if the penalty was called and they got a 1st down.

GTA3Rockstar
7 hours ago, Funktipus said:

A quote from a Chiefs fan on twitter;

"If the Chiefs just knew to line up onsides, I'd be watching the Super Bowl in two weeks. Now I couldn't care less about it."

In all likely hood, it would've ended the game but the Patriots did have all of their timeouts, so they could've gotten the ball back with 40 seconds left.

6 hours ago, feckyerlife said:

Its what happens when sports betting becomes legal, vegas gets to dictate the games. 

Not sure if you truly believe that or not lol

1 hour ago, darthYENIK said:

Jesus, it’s not like the Rams are a bad team and had no chance of winning that game without the bad non-call.  Even with that call going the Saints way, it’s not like the Rams hadn’t been stopping them in the red zone all game long.  There’s just as much a chance of that happening as the Saints getting a TD if the penalty was called and they got a 1st down.

No, that no call cost the Saints the game. There was no ifs ands or buts about it. lol

The Saints didn't need a TD to win, just a fg.

1:45 on the clock when the penalty should've been called. Rams had 1 timeout left.

Run the ball or kneel, 1:40 left after the Rams use their final timeout. Next snap, Brees takes it and stays in the pocket for 5+ seconds and kneels. 50 seconds left before the 3rd down snap. Repeat, 5 seconds left for the field goal attempt. GAME OVER

Edited by GTA3Rockstar

Larcen

Ugh.  The NFL overtime system is still bullsh*t.  Much better than how it used to be...but still world's away from ideal.

Use the college rules as a template, except start each team on the 40 and make it mandatory to "go for two" after every touchdown (instead of starting in triple-overtime).

GTA3Rockstar
4 hours ago, Larcen said:

Ugh.  The NFL overtime system is still bullsh*t.  Much better than how it used to be...but still world's away from ideal.

Use the college rules as a template, except start each team on the 40 and make it mandatory to "go for two" after every touchdown (instead of starting in triple-overtime).

What's funny is, teams that win the coin toss in overtime win 50% of the time. https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/aic4gt/since_the_overtime_rule_change_in_2012_the_team/

That of course is overtime, not individual to each game. So, I agree it needs to be changed but they don't need college rules.

Just expand the current rule; if the first team scores a fg, then the other team gets a chance but extend it for a touchdown. So regardless, each team gets one offensive possession. If there's a defensive score, pick-six or safety, game over.

Edited by GTA3Rockstar

Larcen
10 hours ago, GTA3Rockstar said:

What's funny is, teams that win the coin toss in overtime win 50% of the time. https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/aic4gt/since_the_overtime_rule_change_in_2012_the_team/

Yet, that still doesn't mean that it's fair.  

That's a shaky justification of the "ends justifying the means."  That's like playing 10 rounds of Russian Roulette with live ammo (and 50% of the deaths were on the first bullet fired).  I guess that it works, but it's still not fair.

You never hear people bitch about how bullsh*t the college overtime is....yet the NFL receives that criticism always.

10 hours ago, GTA3Rockstar said:

Just expand the current rule; if the first team scores a fg, then the other team gets a chance but extend it for a touchdown. So regardless, each team gets one offensive possession. If there's a defensive score, pick-six or safety, game over.

What happens if the first team scores?  The 2nd team has to score and nail a 2-point conversion?  What if the 1st team can only muster a FG, and then the 2nd team can only do that same?

In the end, the fairest way is to play another period. In lieu of that, I'd far prefer to see modified college rules.  And I'd wager that 75% of the fans would agree with that structure.

Edited by Larcen

GTA3Rockstar
3 hours ago, Larcen said:

Yet, that still doesn't mean that it's fair.  

That's a shaky justification of the "ends justifying the means."  That's like playing 10 rounds of Russian Roulette with live ammo (and 50% of the deaths were on the first bullet fired).  I guess that it works, but it's still not fair.

You left out the other part of my quote. lol

"That of course is over time, not individual to each game"

3 hours ago, Larcen said:

What happens if the first team scores?  The 2nd team has to score and nail a 2-point conversion?  What if the 1st team can only muster a FG, and then the 2nd team can only do that same?

In the end, the fairest way is to play another period. In lieu of that, I'd far prefer to see modified college rules.  And I'd wager that 75% of the fans would agree with that structure.

If team A scores, then team B gets a chance; regardless if team A scored a touchdown. Sure, they can score and risk winning/losing by going for 2pts. That's how it is now, team A gets a fg as does team B, the next score wins.

I can see the argument both ways: changing it or keeping it how it is.

Keeping it - Isn't a defense part of the team? So why should they be given a chance if they can't keep team A from scoring a touchdown?

Changing it - It's not fair that the coin toss winner probably has the best chance of winning in an offensive heavy league. So give the other team a shot. After that, next score wins.

Or hell, just go the full 10 minute quarter in regular season and 15 minutes for playoffs.

I'd be part of the 25% ;)

Edited by GTA3Rockstar

Funktipus
29 minutes ago, GTA3Rockstar said:

Keeping it - Isn't a defense part of the team? So why should they be given a chance if they can't keep team A from scoring a touchdown?

That's what I'm saying....defense needs to do its job, not commit stupid penalties and get a damn stop.

I, for one, HATE the college rule.