2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Jonesizzle

NFL Discussion

GTA3Rockstar

Of course the Seahawks take Shaquem. Brothers back at it.

No Use For A Name

David Akers troll game is STRONG

GTA3Rockstar

Hey Dallas, the last time you were in the Super Bowl, these draft picks weren't born!

4nsmiley

Hey Dallas, the last time you were in the Super Bowl, these draft picks weren't born!

I'm sometimes embarrassed to be a Cowboys fan. our fan base is so dumb. I hate when we bring up five Superbowl with eagle fans. Like they have one now, it not a good argument anymore lmao

GTA3Rockstar

I'm sometimes embarrassed to be a Cowboys fan. our fan base is so dumb. I hate when we bring up five Superbowl with eagle fans. Like they have one now, it not a good argument anymore lmao

Most of them that bring it up are the ones who weren't even alive to witness any of them lol

It goes the same thing for me and the Raider fans. "It took the Donkies long enough to win 3 Super Bowls!" Yea, and it's been since '83 since they sniffed a win lol

Jonesizzle

Cowboys are producing more Broadcasters than Championships at this point.

AmyJones
Posted (edited)

eh Chicago did ok on the draft. I think its still going to be a mediocre season for them. :/

Edited by AmyJones

Jonesizzle
Posted (edited)

Jason Witten has said that he thinks Dez will sign with Green Bay. I hope he goes there can play like he did with Tony, he has the potential and that receiver core in GB would be deadly.

Edited by DOOM!

GTA3Rockstar
Posted (edited)

Jason Witten has said that he thinks Dez will sign with Green Bay. I hope he goes there can play like he did with Tony, he has the potential and that receiver core in GB would be deadly.

It would be Dez and who? Because they don't have Jordy anymore. lol

Adams is inconsistent and Cobb, well, decent.

Edited by GTA3Rockstar

Chaise

It would be Dez and who? Because they don't have Jordy anymore. lol

Adams is inconsistent and Cobb, well, decent.

Well we do have Jimmy Graham now and he's basically just a really big receiver, but he's inconsistent as well. Adams has gotten better every year and he was the only receiver who played good after Rodgers went down, but like you said he can still be inconsistent at times.

I'd love to see Dez come to the Packers though, I think playing with QB like Rodgers he could be a pro bowl receiver again because I think he still has the talent to be one.

Jonesizzle

at the end of the day it's Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball around, so who cares about inconsistency when you have arguably the best skilled QB in the league? His receivers will catch the ball...

GTA3Rockstar

Terrell Owens being a baby again

TheRipperOfLagoZancudo

Is it safe to say the only team that will bother visiting Trump are the Patriots? lol

GTA3Rockstar

I don't think we will see any more sports teams visit the House while he's in office.

GTA3Rockstar
Posted (edited)

Madden coming back to PC! Madden 19

Edited by GTA3Rockstar

DarksunDaFirst
Posted (edited)

https://goo.gl/images/eLdPv4

That is a beautiful thing to see.  

Edited by DarksunDaFirst

MisFit-138

Male cheerleaders, that'll bring the fans back. Lol, I dont think the NFL understands their audience

DarksunDaFirst
On 8/8/2018 at 11:16 AM, MisFit-138 said:

Male cheerleaders, that'll bring the fans back. Lol, I dont think the NFL understands their audience

Considering that the female audience of the NFL is one of the fastest growing segments in all of sports, I kind of think they do.

Also consider that males have in general been a part of cheerleading squads for a long time now, this isn't much of a difference.  The only difference is that the two males will actually be part of dance routines and not just there as some "extra muscle" for some of the physical stunts.

Lastly, male cheerleaders is not an NFL decision.  It's strictly a team decision.  If it were an NFL decision, all teams would have cheerleaders and not all of them do (Buffalo, Cleveland, Chicago, New York (G), Pittsburgh, and Green Bay).

MisFit-138
Posted (edited)
Just now, DarksunDaFirst said:

Considering that the female audience of the NFL is one of the fastest growing segments in all of sports, I kind of think they do.

Also consider that males have in general been a part of cheerleading squads for a long time now, this isn't much of a difference.  The only difference is that the two males will actually be part of dance routines and not just there as some "extra muscle" for some of the physical stunts.

Lastly, male cheerleaders is not an NFL decision.  It's strictly a team decision.  If it were an NFL decision, all teams would have cheerleaders and not all of them do (Buffalo, Cleveland, Chicago, New York (G), Pittsburgh, and Green Bay).

You dont think maybe they are into the players themselves? You think they latched on before male cheerleaders in hope that some day there will be some effeminate male dancing around? You think women are tuning in to witness progression, not to watch muscle bound men in tights compete with each other? Is it a fast growing demographic or is the male audience shrinking fast? It's not to appease women, it's to pander to the PC agenda, to avoid protests and being dragged through the mud as "non-inclusive". The overwhelming majority of women are attracted to men and masculinity. Wwe and mma also have a large female audience and have since long before Rhonda Rousy

Fair point about it being a team decision though. I guess it's up to the team to meet the fan-requests. I'm just wondering how many people were asking for this.

Edited by MisFit-138

Sinner!

Th

35 minutes ago, MisFit-138 said:

. The overwhelming majority of women are attracted to men and masculinity. Wwe and mma also have a large female audience and have since long before Rhonda Rousy

Yeah, I mean no offence to male cheerleaders, but the whole the female audience is growing argument is bullsh*t, because like figure skaters, not many women who watch Football will find a bunch of twinks dancing around at all appealing.

MisFit-138

To be fair, I would rather have an NFL that allows male cheerleaders as opposed to an NFL that wont allow them at all. But I'm hung up on the "why" of it all, the "who is this for?"

DarksunDaFirst
Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2018 at 11:26 AM, MisFit-138 said:

You dont think maybe they are into the players themselves? You think they latched on before male cheerleaders in hope that some day there will be some effeminate male dancing around? You think women are tuning in to witness progression, not to watch muscle bound men in tights compete with each other? Is it a fast growing demographic or is the male audience shrinking fast? It's not to appease women, it's to pander to the PC agenda, to avoid protests and being dragged through the mud as "non-inclusive". The overwhelming majority of women are attracted to men and masculinity. Wwe and mma also have a large female audience and have since long before Rhonda Rousy

Fair point about it being a team decision though. I guess it's up to the team to meet the fan-requests. I'm just wondering how many people were asking for this.

I couldn't care less what I think (or you) about some stupid agenda.  These are marketing professionals, who have a decades long streak of constant success.

And yeh, everything about it being a "team point" pretty much negates what you're saying.  

"PC Agenda"....give me a f***ing break.  You know what the "Overwhelming majority" of women are atracted to?  Success.  Was Hue an example of masculinity?  No, he was an example of success.  Is Robert Kraft an example of masculinity?  No, he's an example of success.  This is why when you have two men in this world...one beautiful and hunky but poor, the other a coyote-ugly but rich AF....you see the the coyote-ugly right AF mofo driving around in a 2-seat lamborghini with 3 women in the car and himself driving, and the hunky beautiful "masculine" guy standing on the corner playing with his prick...

On 8/10/2018 at 12:06 PM, Sinner! said:

Th

Yeah, I mean no offence to male cheerleaders, but the whole the female audience is growing argument is bullsh*t, because like figure skaters, not many women who watch Football will find a bunch of twinks dancing around at all appealing.

Yeh...those twinks you speak of are still more in shape than you or I, and also are flexible as hell and could hold their own in a fight...because you know, they know how to move and "dance" around.  In my gym alone, there are at least 3 male dancers in that also work out there, and they bench like any other professional athlete.  

Just remember...Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice were both awesome on "Dancing With The Stars"

Edited by DarksunDaFirst

MisFit-138
Posted (edited)
Just now, DarksunDaFirst said:

I couldn't care less what I think (or you) about some stupid agenda.  These are marketing professionals, who have a decades long streak of constant success.

And yeh, everything about it being a "team point" pretty much negates what you're saying.  

"PC Agenda"....give me a f***ing break.  You know what the "Overwhelming majority" of women are atracted to?  Success.  Was Hue an example of masculinity?  No, he was an example of success.  Is Robert Kraft an example of masculinity?  No, he's an example of success.  This is why when you have two men in this world...one beautiful and hunky but poor, the other a coyote-ugly but rich AF....you see the the coyote-ugly right AF mofo driving around in a 2-seat lamborghini with 3 women in the car and himself driving, and the hunky beautiful "masculine" guy standing on the corner playing with his prick...

Yeh...those twinks you speak of are still more in shape than you or I, and also are flexible as hell and could hold their own in a fight...because you know, they know how to move and "dance" around.  In my gym alone, there are at least 3 male dancers in that also work out there, and they bench like any other professional athlete.  

Just remember...Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice were both awesome on "Dancing With The Stars"

I dont know what you're going about, you sound angry. Triggered? "I couldnt care care less what I think" ?! You said that stupid sh*t. I dont recognize anyone you mentioned, not that it matters as it's all anecdotal. "All the masculine guys standing on the streets playing with their pricks" proof? Examples? Is success no longer a masculine trait? Success cant be masculine, it's one or the other? Get real. You think wall street is bustling with femininity and tolerance? It's not, its overwhelmingly aggressive and overflowing with masculinity. Since you love anecdotal evidence, Amber Heard dropped Elon Musk despite being one of the most "successful" people of all time. Hes also smart and funny. Not very masculine though. Doesnt Kanye have like a whole house full of eager beaver, is that because of his bank account or because of his image and persona? Patton Oswalt just rolling in pushy? Nope.

Yes. PC agenda. It's real, its gross, and dangerous.

As for the "twinks" and being in great shape, you're right, but if they are prancing around like a ballerina most women aren't going to perceive them the same way they percieve the players. Just like crass women who constantly swear, dress like guys, and are great at construction aren't percieved as attractive to most men.

Ps: coyote-ugly?! I don't think you understand your references....

Edited by MisFit-138

DarksunDaFirst
3 hours ago, MisFit-138 said:

I dont know what you're going about, you sound angry. Triggered? "I couldnt care care less what I think" ?! You said that stupid sh*t. I dont recognize anyone you mentioned, not that it matters as it's all anecdotal. "All the masculine guys standing on the streets playing with their pricks" proof? Examples? Is success no longer a masculine trait? Success cant be masculine, it's one or the other? Get real. You think wall street is bustling with femininity and tolerance? It's not, its overwhelmingly aggressive and overflowing with masculinity. Since you love anecdotal evidence, Amber Heard dropped Elon Musk despite being one of the most "successful" people of all time. Hes also smart and funny. Not very masculine though. Doesnt Kanye have like a whole house full of eager beaver, is that because of his bank account or because of his image and persona? Patton Oswalt just rolling in pushy? Nope.

Yes. PC agenda. It's real, its gross, and dangerous.

As for the "twinks" and being in great shape, you're right, but if they are prancing around like a ballerina most women aren't going to perceive them the same way they percieve the players. Just like crass women who constantly swear, dress like guys, and are great at construction aren't percieved as attractive to most men.

Ps: coyote-ugly?! I don't think you understand your references....

Hue?  Hue Heffner?  .....founder, owner, billionaire...Playboy?  
Robert Kraft?!?  You're on an NFL forum and you don't know who Robert Kraft is?!?  (some old geezer with 5 super bowl rings)

Success isn't a masculine trait.  If it was, only men and the most butch of women would find success.  Masculinity =/= success.  Lots of masculine dudes out there hauling garbage and making minimun wage...

You are linking two traits that literally have no *necessary* correlation to each other.  

If you can't comprehend a basic sentence, then I'm simply done with ya.

And that PC agenda?  It's also a weak-as-f*** excuse.

Lastly: 

coyote-ugly

(ˈkɑɪot ˈəgli and ˈkɑɪoti ˈəgli)

mod. extremely ugly. (see also double-bagger, triple-bagger. Supposedly, if one woke up and found one’s armaround a coyote-ugly person, one would chew off one’s arm—in the manner of a coyote escaping from asteel-jaw trap—rather than pull it back away from this person.)

There's no confusion about that term there unless you think this face is pretty:

robert-kraft3.jpg?w=640

MisFit-138
Posted (edited)

^^Oh you mean "Hugh" Hefner (hue is a color attribute) who was EXTREMELY masculine? Masculine doesnt mean "big, dumb, toughguy" nor does "manly" mean misogynist.  You're right, I dont watch or even like football, but seeing as an overwhelming amount of family, friends, coworkers, and other colleagues do watch, there doesnt seem to be much demand for male cheerleaders. I have lots of gay friends, none of them watch football either, but they can all name a player they would ****. All the women I know watch because they like the sport and they also have players they would ****. But again, if the demand is there by all means, let these guys cheer.

I sincerely never heard the term, Coyote Ugly outside that movie, so egg on my face. I do find your interpretation of masculinity a bit shallow though.  You seem to just be refering to the working class, non millionaire as masculine, garbage men get laid too you know. If you know a garbage man or woman making minimum wage that has been working more than a year, it's only because he or she is agreeing to. They should "man up" and ask for a raise or a promotion with confidence. Generally, disagreeable people are make more money. Being disagreeable is considered a masculine trait. Most successful people are disagreeable, dont confuse this with contrarianism.

Also, a PC agenda IS a weak as $%%^ excuse to bring in male cheerleaders. The only non-weak excuse would be fan demand.

Edited by MisFit-138

dante財閥

I think some of you misunderstand the "male cheerleaders" thing. They are just going to be male dancers. You see plenty of them in music videos, stage performances etc. It's not going to be as one of you put it a bunch of "twinks" dancing around. 

Jonesizzle
Posted (edited)

I think a lot of people think we'll be getting these guys. 

xcOejKk.jpg

which is hilarious 

had my first fantasy draft of the season, which was a live one at buffalo wild wings (yuck, I ate brunch before and drank beer there) and these nice people didn't draft as bad as last year. I don't know why I join a money league that consists of a draft before preseason, but whatever. ended up with Mahomes, Goff, Mayfield - Barkley, Howard, Penny, Montgomery, Mack - Julio, Gordon, Cooper, Tate - Kelce, Hooper - Denver D and kicker from Minnesota. I'm not thrilled by my choices, Baker was a homer pick and the fact two guys had his jersey on and half the league are baker mayfield related fantasy names, i couldn't resist being that asshole. 

Got one more live draft after the preseason at twin peakes (I like the place cause it actually has decent food, not the fact half naked ladies walk around, just fyi) and hope for a better outcome. we gonna try booting up a GTAF fantasy league or not even try?

Edited by Jonesizzle