Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,712 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Jonesizzle

NFL Discussion

Jonesizzle

?

He reinstated and got denied. As far as I know he didn't fail any drug test, granted he still is stupid. He should've gotten hooked on pain killers, that's way more accepted in this league.

Geralt of Rivia

I mean I assume there's a reason he gets reinstated, THEN goes to Rehab, and THEN gets denied.

And I doubt it's because the NFL just felt like it.

Jonesizzle

Yes, because the NFL doesn't make rash decisions because "they felt like it"... have you been sleeping under a f*cking rock or do you not know who the commissioner is? you know, the guy pinned the nickname "Judge, Jury and Executioner"..

Edited by DOOM!

Geralt of Rivia

Yeah I'm not gonna give the benefit of the doubt to the idiot who can't stop smoking.

I'll side with the NFL here until it comes out that I shouldn't.

Oh, and his agent dropped Gordon 2 weeks ago as well. All signs point to him messing up for roughly the 35th time.

Jonesizzle

I'm not saying you should give him the benefit of the doubt but your, "And I doubt it's because the NFL just felt like it.", comment was laughable.

Geralt of Rivia

His name isn't Brady so my point stands.

Or Belichick. Can't forget about him.

Edited by Geralt of Rivia

Jonesizzle

What's your point? Because I don't see one besides Gordon is fool, which is a universally accepted statement.

If the NFL feels like reinstating or suspending a player because they feel like it... they will, it's been proven. See Aldon Smith, who is also being reconsidered to be reinstated, who was already reinstated for making bomb threats and drug abuse. Roger Goodell is the man, he makes brash decisions, seemingly based off of his own judgement, and that's with not giving any sh*ts of what anyone thinks... well besides his employers, which seem to be 100% behind him. (Maybe besides Kraft for obvious reasons)

Edited by DOOM!

GTA3Rockstar

Incoming Madden curse on Brady.

GTA3Rockstar

Glad they alleviated the touchdown celebrations. Was stupid that they would change those rules.

Jonesizzle

Very stupid. Some of my best memories of football was sadly celebrations. Randy Moss "mooning" the Packer fans, Joe Horn pulling out a cell phone from the field goal pad, and never, never will I forget TO going into the middle of the Dallas Stadium standing on the star and looking up with his hands out.... so many TO celebrations was awesome.

I actually look forward to some celebrations, as f*cking weird as that sounds.

GTA3Rockstar

Incoming increase television rating.

OkieFromMuskogee

Glad they alleviated the touchdown celebrations. Was stupid that they would change those rules.

Good... Now the next time Antonio Brown does this...

He won't be fined $10,000 dollars.

GTA3Rockstar

Good... Now the next time Antonio Brown does this...

He won't be fined $10,000 dollars.

He wasn't fined for that one, he was fined for his twerking, which he still can't do since it's "sexually suggestive" lol

Mukkus

We need to find another Horn or Lance Moore. Click youtube.

Edited by Mukkus

Tokasmoka

Neon Deon had the best celly's

Slynke

The leagues substance abuse program is terrible, and its policies on weed will change in the near future. Goodell already voiced his openness to a rule-change a few years ago, and team owners have been making it a point of interest as of late.

It's a shame a player of Gordon's abilities could get caught up in this and the league robbed of such talent.

Edited by Slynke

Jonesizzle

Hey, I completely agree with you, but if the dude could just stop smoking for a couple years, he would be the best receiver in the league right now even if he was still in Cleveland. All he had to do was choose millions of dollars over the ganja. It's sad really.

Slynke

According to Ricky Williams, 70% of the league smokes.

According to Jamal Anderson, at least 60% of the league smokes.

Bleacher report did an anonymous survey of 16 players, 15 admitted to smoking. They believed it was between 50-70%.

Gordon shouldn't have to be different than the rest of the league. And it's not sad that he would rather miss the opportunity to make millions of dollars while also picking up an opioid habit. It's smart, actually.

Geralt of Rivia

Gordon is different than the rest of the league.

But that's due to the fact that unlike the rest of the league, he's dumb enough to get caught. Once, ok no big deal. Like 6 times?

It's basically 95% his fault. He's stupid. He has no one to blame but himself. It's a simple rule that is incredibly easy to get around. And he can't even do that.

Slynke

Getting caught once puts you into the program, at which point you are tested regularly and randomly. If you fail once, it's pretty much a given you will then continue to fail.

If you DON'T want to fail after being put in the program, your only option is to become an opioid-addict.

Tokasmoka

Funny thing is the Canadian Football League doesn't test for weed and there's a player up here trying for a roster spot who has been suspended 3 times for pot in the NFL. He'll probably end up a MVP up here lol....

I effin hate the CFL ftr.

Geralt of Rivia

Getting caught once puts you into the program, at which point you are tested regularly and randomly. If you fail once, it's pretty much a given you will then continue to fail.

If you DON'T want to fail after being put in the program, your only option is to become an opioid-addict.

If you stop smoking as soon as you fail the first time you're not getting close to being kicked out of the league.

It takes 4 failed tests alone to even get suspended for 4 games. Then 10 games. Then a year. Then kicked out.

No, if you fail one you are not going as far as he did. He's retarded.

The only thing that I can't fully blame him for but he should've made super sure about is the drinking on the team plane when his season was over, but the NFL season wasn't. That's the only thing that I won't attribute 100% to him.

Jonesizzle

Don't blame this on the pain killer situation. We all know what the rules are. All he had to do was stop smoking bud, he could've done what Ricky did and take a short hiatus to smoke all the bud he wanted in India... but the fool kept getting caught, I want to feel sorry for him but he f*cked it up.

Slynke

Every player in the NFL takes something to cope with pain and injury. To suggest he could simply stop smoking weed and not compensate with something else is not only wrong, it's stupid.

Every player takes something. Most just don't get targeted by the league.

Jonesizzle

suggest him to stop smoking something that is federally illegal, you don't say! I smoke the bud, but I would stop and pop pills for a few years to make millions of dollars.

Your argument would hold weight if Josh Gordon didn't lose out on millions and millions of dollars.

Edited by DOOM!