Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,238 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Eddie Fuck the World

Who was really behind the ambush

Eddie Fuck the World

Am I the only one who thinks Sonny Forelli was behind the ambushed drug deal at the beginning of Vice City?

Take a look at the opening cutscene. Before the ambushed deal, no drugs are on the table. Afterwards when Tommy calls to inform Sonny of the ambush, a briefcase full of coke and 4 packages can be seen on Sonny's table. Where the hell did Sonny get the drugs from?

Secondly, Sonny most likely knew Tommy would go after whoever ambushed the deal and take over in the process. So he used Tommy to get rid of the competition so he could set up an empire in Vice City with ease.

This means either (a) Sonny worked with city's leading kingpin Ricardo Diaz to have the deal ambushed, knowing Tommy would eventually kill him. or (b) Sonny ambushed the deal and framed Diaz.

I know it's a wild guess, but who knows?

Apex.

Interesting theory, it's a possibility I suppose.

If you are right then maybe Rockstar could of done a better job at making it more obvious though!

Huntr

I guess the Leo, the first person Tommy kills is the key. According to wikia, his full name is Leo Teal which he had calls from a European guy. Perhaps something to do with that.

universetwisters

I thought that Diaz was behind the ambush...

Dealux
According to wikia, his full name is Leo Teal which he had calls from a European guy. Perhaps something to do with that.

His name isn't Leo Teal, it's just Leo. The people at gtawiki didn't get the Reservoir Dogs reference, Mr. Teal is just a nickname Leo was called by his associates.

MyDog

It doesn't have to mean that the drugs on Sonny's table were the same drugs from the deal in beginning of VC. Those could be completely different drugs, obtained from a different exchange.

In VCS, Gonzalez is shown to be working with Diaz, and in VC you kill him because he ratted out the details of the deal to Diaz. Plus, Cortez was also convinced that it was Diaz.

Still, Sonny could have done it himself and framed Diaz, but I don't see the reason to ruin a business relationship right after a first deal.

AnalSaturday

mmm I always thought it was Sonny, so that he could get both the drugs and the money he makes Tommy pay him.

Rashon.

It was most likely Diaz. Lance figured it out prior to his plot to kill him.

Silent
His name isn't Leo Teal, it's just Leo. The people at gtawiki didn't get the Reservoir Dogs reference, Mr. Teal is just a nickname Leo was called by his associates.

Unused GTA VCS content confirms he's named Leo Teal though.

Dealux

^ I wonder. If the files name him something like that it doesn't mean anything. It simply shows the way the developers referred to him, similar to the way they referred to models of buildings by their real counterparts.

For example, the Flatiron building equivalent in GTA III was name "flatiron" in the files:

user posted image

This sort of thing happens throughout most GTA games. My Reservoir Dogs point still stands unless he is named Leo Teal in the credits.

Silent

^ I wonder. If the files name him something like that it doesn't mean anything. It simply shows the way the developers referred to him, similar to the way they referred to models of buildings by their real counterparts.

For example, the Flatiron building equivalent in GTA III was name "flatiron" in the files:

[pic]

This sort of thing happens throughout most GTA games. My Reservoir Dogs point still stands unless he is named Leo Teal in the credits.

He's referred to as Leo Teal in the internal debug mode, which ISN'T using any placeholder names:

CH_BRYA       // Bryan ForbesCH_DIAZ       // Ricardo DiazCH_GONZ       // GonzalezCH_JERR       // Jerry MartinezCH_LANC       // Lance VanceCH_LEOT       // Leo TealCH_LOUI       // Louise WilliamsCH_MART       // Marty WilliamsCH_MEND       // Mendez brothersCH_PHIL       // Phil CassidyCH_RENI       // Reni WassulmaierCH_UMBE       // Umberto Robina

Dealux

I see. That's a joke reference then, they used what was a nickname in the movie as a last name in the game.

Taha Sami

my theory Since I saw it for first time is: police men (or SWAT or whatever) who did it. they want their cut of drugs because of their (corruption) or maybe they did it as (operation) to clean the city from the drugs.