[IV,EFLC|REL] GIMS Evo IV

WertesGroup

How to install ?

Jestic

How to install ?

Game Indefinite Modding Suite(GIMS) IV core manual installer

==========

Installation:

1) Extract "scripts" folder into the 3D MAX 2012 directory with files replacement.

2) Extract "GIMS" folder with files replacement into:

Windows Vista/7/8: ":\Users\\AppData\Local\"

Windows 2K/XP: ":\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\"

3) Start 3D MAX and GIMS IV

miclin

@Blaster_nl: I like your humor;)

Blade3562

Hmmm, seems I have an issues with the pop up window. Don't have my gynomrous TV hooked up currently so the box is too tall for me to close to work on the model lol! and the windows button trick doesn't work, DOH!

And I'm still new to toying around with max, is it possible to import a second car model? to cut and swap parts? Trying to toy around with creating custom GTA cars again!

3Doomer
Hmmm, seems I have an issues with the pop up window. Don't have my gynomrous TV hooked up currently so the box is too tall for me to close to work on the model lol! and the windows button trick doesn't work, DOH!

And I'm still new to toying around with max, is it possible to import a second car model? to cut and swap parts? Trying to toy around with creating custom GTA cars again!

What window?

Blade3562

The pop up window used to import a vehicle. It spawns too high up for a 1366x768 ratio.

Blade3562

Woohoo, got it imported and found a screen issue workaround, (windows 7 user, windows button+down arrow then click the x)

Next question, exporting is not available yet I assume? So we still need to go through Zmodeler until it is ready? Just playing around with the towtruck, slamvan and bobcat to create the truck I always wanted in game haha.

Blade3562

Ok so I'm trying to do something simple change the wheels on a car for a basic import/export learning. I have the model and everything in max, do I actually have to go back through zmodeler? Or am I missing something obvious?

Burnout3D

I don't mean no disrespect here for damn sure, I loved the previous version of GIMS and I'm looking forward to the export functions for the new version. But the thing I don't understand is what was the point of releasing an importer if you can't export? I'm very confused about that. Was it so modders have time to get the hierarchy correct for vehicles? Or was it just a taste of things to come? I know you have a lot on your plate at the moment, I can understand that. I was just hoping for a little bit of clarification about the release. Thanks for your time 3Doomer.

3Doomer
I don't mean no disrespect here for damn sure, I loved the previous version of GIMS and I'm looking forward to the export functions for the new version. But the thing I don't understand is what was the point of releasing an importer if you can't export? I'm very confused about that. Was it so modders have time to get the hierarchy correct for vehicles? Or was it just a taste of things to come? I know you have a lot on your plate at the moment, I can understand that. I was just hoping for a little bit of clarification about the release. Thanks for your time 3Doomer.

Some people want import, without export.

Hierarchy's correct and will fit for incoming exporter. I don't have time for GIMS now.

EncryptedReality

Some people want import, without export.

Hierarchy's correct and will fit for incoming exporter. I don't have time for GIMS now.

Could you at least give us the answer at what time you will have for GIMS dev? Just a rough estimate... will make waiting easier

And when do you reckon you'll be done with EGIMS export?

MrShin

Asking for a release date or time frame is never wise. He's not getting paid for this. He does this when has free time. Just like all/most of mod developers.

Chezy

I don't want to ask when you are done with it, I just want to tell you that I'm so happy someone is finally programming a tool for 3ds Max to export cars to GTA IV! Great work man, keep it up and take your time. I've been waiting for something like this since Oleg made his script for zModeler, so a couple of more weeks won't matter, I guess, as long as the end result is amazing smile.gif

quechus13

Any word on the WFT export yet?

its been a while lol

3Doomer
Any word on the WFT export yet?

its been a while lol

I've still got a lot of work...progress'll be in this month.

EncryptedReality

I managed to make a custom OFT model manually, look below to see it:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Yeah, it's a crappy model but i didn't care because it was just a genneapig for testing.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

To test go download this

Edited by GTARandom

Limiter

I may be wrong though, By manually I guess that you observed the structure of oft files from imported samples, made a model, and manually made an oft file for that model matching the structure of the sample.

lpgunit

Well, you might as well cobble up a quick and dirty OFT exporter if you have the lulz to do so. tounge.gif

nine30
I managed to make a custom OFT model manually, look below to see it:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Yeah, it's a crappy model but i didn't care because it was just a genneapig for testing.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

To test go download this

thank you bro, is this a tutorial ?

I want to make huge destructible buildings, for every GTA player, its a dream !!! destroy LIBERTY lol

TRIDOOMER we miss you euuh i mean your genius work, when can we export cars lol

EncryptedReality

i guess you can call it a little descriptive tutorial , i explained a bit the steps i made in txt and you get the files in rar.

Your wish requires hours of work, which needs you to model building cracks , interiors etc else your destruction won't look real.

nine30
i guess you can call it a little descriptive tutorial , i explained a bit the steps i made in txt and you get the files in rar.

Your wish requires hours of work, which needs you to model building cracks , interiors etc else your destruction won't look real.

yes i know about hours of work... but i will try to make one, not all the city lol...

So i have to download your model and it is explained in the txt file...

Frank.s

Nice workaround Random. smile.gif

Jestic

yes i know about hours of work... but i will try to make one, not all the city lol...

So i have to download your model and it is explained in the txt file...

It will look crappy. It's destructable system is made for small objects, 'props'.

I wonder if people will be crazy enough to grab a plane mod and crash it into your WFT buildings.

quechus13

Actually you could use the plugin RayFire it will automatically make the cracks of your building.

nine30

Actually you could use the plugin RayFire it will automatically make the cracks of your building.

i have some MW3 models with interiors, but people have to know that it will not be like BF3, am not so genius ...

After finish my new map i will try wink.gif and see whats rayfire... on google wink.gif

thx guys

EncryptedReality

here is a small animation showing OFT...

user posted image

nine30
here is a small animation showing OFT...

user posted image

Hi bro,

can you explain me in details what i have to do to make one destructible model and export it because i downloaded your example and i dont understand how did you do all this lol, it looks like to difficult wink.gif

thx

quechus13

So any news yet?

3Doomer

Nope.

RanxeroX

So does this software work with 3ds Max 2010 or is it only for the 2012 version? I tried installing it cuz I wanted to try editing a ped but after launching Max, it just coughs up errors and aborts (wouldn't even allow sending an error report).

I have .Net 4 installed (minus a few updates) so I'm guessing that's not it...