3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl

Itachi Uchiha

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Seems like Lucifer and Black Lightning were last minute additions because of the shooting locations and schedules. Arrowverse shows are shot in Vancouver AFAIK. Was great to see the cameos. Reminded me that Tom Welling was in Lucifer as well. (Imagine if he met Lucifer as Cain instead :D)

Michael Rosenbaum turned them down because of that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught on the crossover today itself. It just keeps growing and growing. Destruction of Earth 38 seems like a good move to integrate Supergirl in the main Earth 1 and have a Superman (Tyler). Ryan Choi's appearance was a welcome addition. Comic book lovers must have welcomed the sight. Surprise surprise, Barry didn't die. As if they were going to kill Arrowverse's finest (Arrow & Flash) altogether. The Spectre theories are increasing. Seems like a nice way of ensuring that Amell doesn't leave their franchise. With so many actors and competing schedules to manage, it’s a wonder this crossover ever came together in the first place. But it’s another sign that maybe the next crossover could benefit from a smaller, more contained approach. Black Lightning’s official induction into the Arrowverse is also handled well. Jefferson's appearance feels all into place, pieced together well. Also, one never gets too old for enjoying a Christopher Reeve tribute. Tom Ellis’ Lucifer Morningstar was another cameo that I enjoyed. He has a good dynamic with Ryan's Constantine. Overall, the episode was too overcrowded for me. Hopefully the new next two with be featured with less characters.

• 2 weeks later...

That cameo I lost my sh*t

This whole crossover was disappointing though. They made it out to be this big thing but it didn't feel like it at all. Especially disappointed with the Flash and the newspaper all the way from Season 1.

Edited by Zello

It was packed with fun fan servicey stuff and has some cool cameos and moments, but yea, the whole thing was pretty... bad overall tbh. The production qualities struggled to match the spectacle in almost all scenes but especially in episode 5, which was like.... Saving the multi-verse from one of the most powerful beings in it, by fighting him in an abandoned construction yard. Woof. The action was all-round abysmal too which is a shame cause these shows have done way better in that area. They were literally just everyone standing on a spot flinging their arms and legs about, apart from Supergirl and Superman who were standing still firing their eyebeams.

I do applaud the fact that they were willing to do such a story line on one of the smaller TV network budgets but it's really why these sort of story lines should probably stick to the big budget stuff.

But hey, Constantine and Lucifer met for the first time in any medium. That was cool as a huge fan of both.

• Like 2

They peaked at Crisis on Earth X. This was at least better than the Elseworlds garbage last year though.

Edit

Just re-watched this crossover. The last two episodes were incredibly weak. I felt absolutely nothing when Oliver died. There was no tension either. I dont know if that's because I've become so emotionally detached to these shows these past few seasons due to a staggering decline in quality, but it is problematic.

Literally the only thing interesting to come out of this mess was Earth Prime. I was under the assumption that all of the universes had merged into one and yet that's not even the case. Literally all Oliver did was put Earth 38 and Earth 1 together.

Edited by TheSpectre
  • 2 weeks later...

Arrow was so good and had so much potential in season 2 and 3, and then it just got boring and predictable.

Everyone is excited to see the multiverse converge but I’m sitting here wondering where Wally West is.

• Like 2

I think I got sick of Arrow around the same time everyone else seemed to do, around season 4 I think it was, when it become Felicity and friends. It's one of the best examples of why you should never listen to the Tumblr crowd, they were all pining over "Olicity" and the writers listened to the detriment of the show.

Arrow started becoming unbearable and predictable in Season 4 and 5. 6 was better but the whole deal after that made it just worse. There seemed to be the case of moral obligation of running it, just so that they could fuel their so called crossovers for the season. Also, never been a fan of Olicity and never will be.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Zello said:

https://heroichollywood.com/arrow-finale-oliver-queen-bruce-wayne-batman/

Thank god they didn't do this terrible idea. Marc Guggenheim is hack.

This would definitely have been one of the ridiculous ideas they could ever implement. I'm glad they didn't do it and the Bruce from different Earth had a separate ending. Oliver Queen on Arrowverse is a hero as it is, despite what comicbooks have in store for the character. But him inspiring Batman would led to huge bigotry from the comicbook purists.

Meh... Arrow inspiring Batman would have been better than "Batman already exists and he makes so little impact that he's never mentioned until after he quit being Batman".

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Corndawg93 said:

So when did Iron Heights get 4 different Godspeeds, when did that episode happen?

I think it was actually something that happened between seasons and was just kind of mentioned in a premeire. 

She's got some kind of "cold related illness" or something. I think it's maybe that she couldn't control her powers or they were hurting her somehow. I don't know, I kinda mentally tune out when they start explaining the "science stuff" on this show.

What a dumpster fire. Holy sh*t.

I never watched a single episode of that show, sans the crossover one, but something big must have happened behind the scenes for the LEAD ACTOR to leave after the first season. I also assumed the CW had multi-year contracts for the big stars of their shows. Makes me wonder if she was fired.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:10 PM, Jason said:

I think I got sick of Arrow around the same time everyone else seemed to do, around season 4 I think it was, when it become Felicity and friends. It's one of the best examples of why you should never listen to the Tumblr crowd, they were all pining over "Olicity" and the writers listened to the detriment of the show.

Shame you dropped off after 4. Season 5 was arguably the best, rivaling season 2. Too bad they pissed away the potential of the season finale in the following season premiere.

I no longer have traditional cable and I stopped caring about all of these shows recently too, so I haven't been keeping up with any of them for most of this season. I did watch the first 4 or 5 episodes of Flash and then just got distracted with real life. Crisis was a disappointment. I still maintain that they will never top Crisis on Earth X. Arrow just got too repetitive for me towards the end of season 7 (surprising it wasn't much sooner). Flash never reclaimed its peak from seasons 1 and 2. Season 6 actually was pretty damn great towards the beginning, but again, I got wrapped up with real life and couldn't find the time to commit. Thank god they dumped the old showrunners. Season five was absolutely horrendous. People like to give season 4 all the grief, but Nora was f*cking annoying, the suit looked like a Halloween store knock-off, Chris Klein couldn't act to save his life, and the whole Cicada arc was f*cking stupid.

Edited by TheSpectre
3 hours ago, DexMacLeod said:

So, Ruby Rose just quit Batwoman and apparently they're just gonna recast her and keep going. That shouldn't be too jarring.

Wait what?

Wonder how they'll go about explaining a new actress. Crisis is over and done with so they can't use that. This season did have Alice and that guy Mouse running around with fake faces. So maybe Alice f*cks her up and she gets a new face. Cheesy but something I could see them doing. They're also really limiting their options by requiring the actress to be LGBTQ.

Apparently they introduced Bruce Wayne in the last episode I haven't watched it. Maybe this opens the door for a CW Batman show? Probably not. DC would never.

All the shows in general are terrible I'm stuck watching them because it's a bit too late to walk away lol. Though I haven't watched much of Legends this season and am behind on the Flash and Batwoman I wish they were more like the DC Universe/HBO max shows like Titans or like the Netflix MCU shows.

Edited by Zello

I remain of the opinion that the best way to handle a recast is for someone to ask them "You look different, did you do something different with your hair?" and that's that. Anything else gets f*cking weird.

I do wonder if it's a case of Ruby Rose getting something bigger or what, or just other personal reasons. I don't rate her particularly high as an actress but it wouldn't shock me if some other show offered her a better (paying) main role.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

I remain of the opinion that the best way to handle a recast is for someone to ask them "You look different, did you do something different with your hair?" and that's that. Anything else gets f*cking weird.

I do wonder if it's a case of Ruby Rose getting something bigger or what, or just other personal reasons. I don't rate her particularly high as an actress but it wouldn't shock me if some other show offered her a better (paying) main role.

She did suffer a serious injury during filming. Though they claim that isn't the reason for it. Assuming the show returns she'd have to return to the 22-23 episode grind of filming those dangerous stunts and probably doesn't want to go through that again. 

Maybe money

Wow. Didn't know Ruby Rose was leaving for whatever reason. Had kinda gotten used to her dry humor. Hope the show is not on its way out too. This season was pretty good. Can't get enough of Alice.

• 3 weeks later...

So instead of casting a Kate Kane replacement on Batwoman they're going to create a new character to be the new Batwoman. I'd rather they cancel the show and give us a Batgirl show instead but WB would probably say no.

Edited by Zello
On 6/8/2020 at 5:56 AM, Zello said:

So instead of casting a Kate Kane replacement on Batwoman they're going to create a new character to be the new Batwoman. I'd rather they cancel the show and give us a Batgirl show instead but WB would probably say no.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they're so determined to keep it going at this point. The only thing I can think is that it's got something to do with contracts. Like, maybe they'd have to pay the actors/writers/etc. regardless. Or they've already gotten their money for the Netflix rights.

I can't really see a new character fitting in too well. Every character on the show had such close ties with Kate that trying to cram someone new into that spot just doesn't have the same impact. The whole Hush posing as Bruce Wayne bit certainly doesn't have as much weight to it. Unless the new character is a long lost family member.

Personally, I would have just put Alfred's daughter in the suit. Seems like the smoothest and most natural transition. Or maybe find a way to bring Helena Wayne into the mix.