3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl

Itachi Uchiha

• 1 month later...

I didn't even finish any of the shows last season. But if they promise to focus these next seasons around Crisis, I'll come back. I want the crossover to actually matter for once.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 hours ago, TheSpectre said:

Hot damn.

https://tvline.com/2019/09/19/tom-welling-arrow-crossover-superman-smallville/#more-1101354

Never saw Smalliville, but I know a lot of people are really excited for this one.

Crisis is going to be big. I'm sure they probably have more surprises and I hope I don't get spoiled from what they've already announced. Apparently Guggenheim wanted to get the people from Krypton to crossover but couldn't because of scheduling.

Edited by Zello
15 hours ago, Zello said:

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/arrow-canaries-spinoff-katherine-mcnamara-katie-cassidy-juliana-harkavy-cw-1203347438/

Another spinoff in the works. I'm not a fan of Mia Smoak at all and the future stuff.

Yeah, those flash forwards might be my least favorite thing in the entire Arrowverse. Not really sure why a spinoff would need a "backdoor pilot" on Arrow, though. They've pretty much already devoted an entire season to that stuff.

15 hours ago, TheSpectre said:

They really need to stop. They should focus on getting Black Lightning properly integrated into the Arrowverse.

Meh, I kind of like Black Lightning being on its own. I like that it's finally gonna be a part of the crossover but I'd be perfectly fine if that's all the further it went.

Speaking of the crossover, I don't know why but I really, really wanna see at least one member of Doom Patrol show up. Even if it's just Brendan Fraser doing a voice over for his stuntman. They apparently tried to get people from Krypton so it's not impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Batwoman it was bad. Felt very CWish. Not a fan of the supporting cast that we all know will eventually take over the show. Alice was trying a terrible Heath Ledger impersonation. I'm not looking forward to the love triangle between Kate, her ex, and her ex's husband.

At least they filmed it in Chicago not in Vancouver like all the other shows and all the shots of the city and Kate riding on her motorcycle remind me of TDK trilogy. I think that fight at the end was in the same building where Bale's Batman and Heath's Joker fought in at the end of TDK.

Edited by Zello
On 10/7/2019 at 11:05 AM, Zello said:

Saw Batwoman it was bad. Felt very CWish. Not a fan of the supporting cast that we all know will eventually take over the show. Alice was trying a terrible Heath Ledger impersonation. I'm not looking forward to the love triangle between Kate, her ex, and her ex's husband.

At least they filmed it in Chicago not in Vancouver like all the other shows and all the shots of the city and Kate riding on her motorcycle remind me of TDK trilogy. I think that fight at the end was in the same building where Bale's Batman and Heath's Joker fought in at the end of TDK.

Oh yeah, it was bad. Not to mention the horribly designed Batman suit which they then had the gall to call 'literal perfection'. After Arrow, Flash, Black Lightning, I expected them to do at least a half-decent job with the Batsuit. Same with the Gotham series. It's the one thing that they never seem to get right on TV. Waiting to see how they f*ck it up on Titans now.

Man, those flashforwards on Arrow are even more pointless than ever now. It's like flipping channels back and forth between two completely different shows.

So far I'm liking everything else about the Arrowverse right now, though. I love how tied to Crisis both Oliver and Barry's stories are and I think Oliver's multiverse hopping could be a fun arch even if we have to sit through the kids doing... whatever it is they're doing in the future.

I'm liking Batwoman so far as well. I'm not terribly familiar with the comic book character, only ever seen her when she appears in someone else's book, but the show's been solid enough so far. It's not great by any means, but the arrowverse never really has been.  

Edited by DexMacLeod
15 hours ago, DexMacLeod said:

Man, those flashforwards on Arrow are even more pointless than ever now. It's like flipping channels back and forth between two completely different shows.

So far I'm liking everything else about the Arrowverse right now, though. I love how tied to Crisis both Oliver and Barry's stories are and I think Oliver's multiverse hopping could be a fun arch even if we have to sit through the kids doing... whatever it is they're doing in the future.  

I agree, the future crap is pointless and I'm actually proud of my self of fast forwarding though it

I'm kinda disappointed on how they destroyed Earth-2 just like that. I wanted to see E-2 Robert Queen he's probably in prison but still. Where is E-2 Harry? Also I expected E-2 Starling City to look retro art deco or whatever it's called like E-2 Central City.

Edited by Zello
  • 2 weeks later...

Caught up on Batwoman's pilot episode. It was terrible. I don't see the point of getting a Gotham based series into Arroweverse TBH. It was going fine without a Batman/Batwoman. The Flash has become more watchable for sure. And this whole Arrow & Canaries spin-off seems like an idea that's doomed to fail. I wonder if they'll even order a full season for it.

The Arrow spinoff is a horrible idea. It would destroy the legacy of a once-great show. There is absolutely nothing interesting or compelling about any of the characters in the future scenes.

Edited by TheSpectre

I pray that they pass on the spinoff. We got too many shows as it is and we don't need more and it just sounds like a terrible idea. Unfortunately the CW is in bed with Greg Berlanti picking up all his shows. 

Edited by Zello
  • 1 month later...

On one hand I absolutely love that they're doing this and embracing things like some of the old Superman films and shows as well as attempting one of the crazier superhero events in a show but on the other hand it's an absolute disaster in so many ways cause of the budget, sloppy and cheesy dialogue, poor acting outside of a few people and god awful action sequences where there's things like Superman and Supergirl standing flat footed fighting flying ghosts and sh*t.

Also it's funny that... (ep3 spoilers)

I believe that is the first ever direct interaction between Lucifer Morningstar and John Constantine in any medium ever which is bloody bizarre considering how long they've been around.

I’m on part 2 now.  I have only watched a handful of episodes from any of these shows in the last year.  I said, “what the f*ck!” In the best way when it showed Robert Wuhl as Alexander Knox, then again when it showed the Titans, but the biggest and happiest one was Burt Ward in Earth-66.

The story is “meh”, but I’m watching for these cameos.  Kevin Conroy playing Batman in live action is something I never thought I’d see.  I never watched Smallville, so Tom Welling’s cameo was appreciated but I’m not crying like I’ve heard people say they were.  Routh taking up the role of Superman again and continuing the legacy of Christopher Reeves and the Donner movies made me feel warm and fuzzy, even if they killed off Lois, Jimmy, and Perry White.

These cameos only need the DCEU to put it over the top.  Too bad that is only likely to happen in 30 years and it’ll just be the actor who played teenage Pete Ross with a Hans Zimmer score played over it.

Seeing Knox blew my mind too. My favorite cameo is Burt Ward though. So cool they got him to come back. I only wish Adam was alive still, it would have been that much more special.

Seems like Lucifer and Black Lightning were last minute additions because of the shooting locations and schedules. Arrowverse shows are shot in Vancouver AFAIK. Was great to see the cameos. Reminded me that Tom Welling was in Lucifer as well. (Imagine if he met Lucifer as Cain instead :D)