3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl

Itachi Uchiha

My only complaint is Diaz. The way he got beat up by Felicity was embarrassing. I really don't know what they're going to do with him I hope the longbow hunters help improve his character.

Edited by KY Jello

Diaz (or rather, the guy that plays him) has been promoted to a series regular hasn't he? I can't quite understand the logic behind that, cause (I don't find him) that good a villain, and his motives going forward are just going to be the same as last year. It's stale, and I don't think the actor is a particularly strong one, but I'll keep an open mind I guess.

The other Green Arrow, it's gotta' be Roy, though I am intrigued by William in the future; surely he's seen his Dad before then? I do hope that the Green Arrow that's recently appeared isn't William … from the future, that would mimic the Flash far too much for my liking, and I'm of the belief that time travel (and the like) should remain on Flash and Legends.

Liking the prison element though, looking forward to seeing where the series (all of them) go from here.

14 hours ago, KY Jello said:

Some episode titles for Arrow have been released I think it may have spoiled who the new Green Arrow is.

Hide contents

Emiko Queen

Had no idea who that was until I read; the daughter of Robert Queen and Shado? Finding that peculiar, though not impossible. Could it instead be the daughter of Ollie & Shado? Maybe an unknown daughter of Robert & Moira? Options...

1 hour ago, Flash525 said:

Had no idea who that was until I read; the daughter of Robert Queen and Shado? Finding that peculiar, though not impossible. Could it instead be the daughter of Ollie & Shado? Maybe an unknown daughter of Robert & Moira? Options...

I dont think they'll make Shado the mother probably someone else so it'd make sense with the show.

6 minutes ago, KY Jello said:

I dont think they'll make Shado the mother probably someone else so it'd make sense with the show.

If the character is named Emiko Queen though, then the only other mother would be Moira. Unless we're expected to believe that Ollie has had another child at some point that's also been kept from him? If it is a daughter of Ollie's though, wouldn't she still be fairly young? When you consider how old Ollie was when William was conceived, Emiko couldn't possibly be his daughter? I'm assuming at this point that Emiko is Ollie's half sister, likely through his Dad, Robert. He was said at one point to be a bit of player.

I really hope that this character doesn't turn out to be someone new at this point. Too many characters to juggle at this point.

I'm trying to keep up with Black Lightning, but I'm struggling. I think the first season was decent but the only truly great thing about is Tobias Whale, the main villain, and he's just not in it enough. I like Jefferson as a character too, but he almost comes across as too much of a "goody-good". I just wish they had waited on giving the daughters their powers, it just feels too soon. Give us a good season or two with just Jefferson in the hero role, and then introduce new heroes, like what Arrow and Flash did with Roy and Wally.

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive

I like how Arrow's opening monologue has changed to reflect this season. This episode was a new take on certain characters. Man, I would love to see more of Bronze Tiger soon. Wouldn't the first time Oliver forged temporary alliance with his enemies.

Also, the Yorke guy, the prison guard felt like Brad Bellic from Prison Break. I have a hunch that he will be back. He seemed like a person who was bullied for jocks and rich kids in school life. And he hated vigilantes. Thankfully Oliver didn't murder him as intended.

This episode was titled "The Longbow Hunters" and it would have been nice to them in more action than Diaz himself. These guys seem like complete badasses, especially Kodiak who took down ARGUS all by himself.

Also, it was disappointing to see Felicity's emotions get in front of her work, well when she refused to disconnect the trains and let Diaz get away. I thought she was a supposedly moral compass on Team Arrow.

And my favorite segment:

Seeing both the canaries getting squared infront of the silencer and them working together to take her sonic dampening shield down. And since Dinah has made it her business to keep the D.A in protective custody, it was nice to see both of them sharing a moment and Laurel apologizing to her about Vince. Dinah seemed more surprised than moved by her behaviour though.

Lian Yu:

Felicity's co-ordinates lead William to Oliver's old bow and arrows. And Roy says that it's time to get back home. What are the chances that William is the archer in the present and has time traveled after being trained by Roy in the future?

Edited by Jimmy

I don't like the longbow hunters at all on Arrow. Shield guy looks stupid, Red Dart looks like a soccer mom, silencer is okay but it was kinda dumb how she got caught by Rene. Also why are they Diaz's henchmen?

On 10/31/2018 at 10:56 PM, KY Jello said:

I don't like the longbow hunters at all on Arrow. Shield guy looks stupid, Red Dart looks like a soccer mom, silencer is okay but it was kinda dumb how she got caught by Rene. Also why are they Diaz's henchmen?

This exactly. The Longbow Hunters are supposedly a group of assassins which even the League of Assassins feared. And they were supposed to be dead from what was mentioned before. Are they immortal or that the hunters are merely people working in positions which are to be filled by a group of three? I think it would have made more sense if arrowverse used the actual Longbow team comprising of Diaz, Brick and Count Vertigo.

Edited by Jimmy

They made her the leader of the team and The Felicity of the show and ignored her being a reporter though this season I think she's improved and she's out investigating more.

Edited by KY Jello
On 11/3/2018 at 2:50 AM, Corndawg93 said:

Why does everyone hate Iris

She's kinda like Skyler from Breaking Bad at this point. I find her more likable than Felicity though.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone familiar with Batwoman lore: Does Batman play a decently-sized role in her comic series? Do you think he's likely to show up on the potential Batwoman show like Superman has on Supergirl?

On 11/19/2018 at 8:43 PM, TheFoxRiverFugitive said:

For anyone familiar with Batwoman lore: Does Batman play a decently-sized role in her comic series? Do you think he's likely to show up on the potential Batwoman show like Superman has on Supergirl?

I keep meaning to go back and read Batwoman but I have a hard enough time keeping up with the current stuff theses days. All I really know about her is that she's Bruce's cousin, former military and her "Alfred" is her Dad. From what I've read about the Arrowverse version Batman's been gone for three years and Gotham is like a ghost town. I imagine they'd have to resolve that mystery at some point but who knows. 

Supergirl was great this week, I really like that Manchester guy

Legends was fun, Biff is an nice addition to the show and that he still gets the make like a tree and get out wrong

Arrow was the MVP this week, Falicity is becoming a better character and The flash forewards are interesting 

Flash was also great, Victor Freeze name drop yo

As cool as all the action set pieces were on Arrow this week none of it made any sense. Diaz gets himself free right before entering prison just so he can break into said prison in order to kill a guy who's about to be released from said prison. 

I'm also not really sure how Oliver being released makes any sense but I tend to tune out when they attempt to do legal scenes. 

Since Oliver is free now I guess he'll go work for Argus now.

I think the crossover is going to rewrite reality and change things. But then they say the crossover is self contained so idk.

I'm lost, how did Oliver get released from the clink, I thought the judge denied Ollie release  that Laurel tried to get, I'm missing some information and most importantly, when Oliver and Falicity were reuniting Diggle vanished from the far cam shot

On 12/1/2018 at 7:44 AM, Corndawg93 said:

I'm lost, how did Oliver get released from the clink, I thought the judge denied Ollie release  that Laurel tried to get, I'm missing some information and most importantly, when Oliver and Falicity were reuniting Diggle vanished from the far cam shot

Diggle should have been in the background of that shot. Also, Laurel exchanged Diaz (whom Argus captured; gave them to the FEDS), in exchange for Oliver's freedom (who basically agreed prison time if FBI captured Diaz (which they didn't or basically couldn't).

AAAHHHHHHHHH That ending to Arrow was AWESOME, Guggenhiem would have never have done that, he would've had Oli and Falicity resolved there differences in an underwelming manner and have them kiss a bunch

Edited by Corndawg93

Gotta say, I love having Tom Wilson (Biff from Back to the Future) as a regular on Legends. He's great.

Interested to see where they're going with Oliver's sister on Arrow.