4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Itachi Uchiha

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl

Jimmy
12 hours ago, Corndawg93 said:

Just a heads up, Batgirl and Batwomen are two different characters

Sorry, it was a typo. My phone autocorrected it.

0CypherP

Is it just me or the new costume they made for flash is just bad when you compare it with the previous ones

TheFoxRiverFugitive
Posted (edited)

flash-season-5-costume.jpg

805d5ae71e646e8b7b366bb1b8db9dc2.png

It's not bad, but I wish it had the chin strap. Oh and I don't like how they got rid of the gold bands on the forearms, those were really nice. The one thing I do like about it compared to the old suit is that it looks like an actual costume now. On the old suit you could tell it was just a leather jacket, but this doesn't have the zipper line running down the middle of it.

The one thing I've been waiting on for these TV Flash suits is for them to get the proper, brighter shade of red from the comics. They've all been a darker red on the show so far.

Future Barry from the original timeline had the good-looking red:

main-qimg-1de9d0ade618d963f6e01ff0b1ac55

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive

Pesos
On 8/7/2018 at 5:04 AM, DexMacLeod said:

I don't know, 13 years in and Supernatural is their third highest rated show and those ratings have been going up slightly in recent seasons. Meanwhile, the Arrowverse loses viewers every year. I think they'd be okay with some of the Arrow shows ended up like Supernatural.

As a massive Supernatural fan, the show probably should have ended after season 5. The following 8 seasons have been very hit and miss and I wouldn't honestly wish that experience on anyone else's favourite show.

Arrow specifically runs into a lot of the same narrative flaws that the above has but done so a lot sooner. 

Jimmy
2 hours ago, Pesos said:

As a massive Supernatural fan, the show probably should have ended after season 5. The following 8 seasons have been very hit and miss and I wouldn't honestly wish that experience on anyone else's favourite show.

Arrow specifically runs into a lot of the same narrative flaws that the above has but done so a lot sooner. 

I agree. Supernatural would have had the perfect ending after Season 5. Now, it's just something they keep pushing ahead like dead weight. Not that the episodes or storyline is always bad, but it doesn't seem to have certain sense to it. Arrow should have ended after season 3.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

So what are the chances they're going to can the Flash TV show once the Flashpoint DCEU movie comes out? I've read that it could start filming as soon as next year, and then release in 2020.

KY Jello
Posted (edited)

Maybe maybe not depends on the ratings it gets this season and how much power the CW and Greg Berlanti have over it's future. Though the way they kept postponing and delaying it ever since it was announced made me think they were waiting for the show to end before they made the movie.

Edited by Zello

DexMacLeod
On 8/17/2018 at 5:43 PM, TheFoxRiverFugitive said:

So what are the chances they're going to can the Flash TV show once the Flashpoint DCEU movie comes out? I've read that it could start filming as soon as next year, and then release in 2020.

I'd say the chances are zero. Warner Bros. aren't going to cancel a financially viable TV series in the hopes that it might make a movie more successful. Plus, I think they're pretty much done with their weird fear of multiple universes. They've already broken ground on an "out of canon" Joker movie and I have a feeling that the Batwoman/Gotham crossover will establish Batman's existence in the Arrowverse.

The way the CW works, I think The Flash ends when Grant Gustin gets sick of being The Flash.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
Posted (edited)

I think Stephen should do whatever the hell he wants. If he does end up leaving the show after this season, I think they should just end it. It looks like it's going to be a solid season overall with the whole prison dynamic, and I'd rather they end the show on a high note and not drag it out for another 5+ seasons.

Oh, and they just dropped this promo for the Arrowverse. New Flash suit has the brighter red, finally.

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive

Jimmy

Well, since we've too many shows in this DC TV Universe, we could just have the thread title changed to Arrowverse and Black Lightning. The other shows are pretty much collaborated and in the same universe. BL is in the same universe but has nothing to do with whatsoever. Opinions? 

Also, Arrow should end after this season. I see no reason for them to continue without Amell after this season. Who will take up the mantle of the Green Arrow? Roy? 

KY Jello

If they continue they show they should introduce Connor Hawke not the John Diggle Jr. Connor Hawke from Legends though that could work too if it's set in the future. They could use flashpoint as an excuse and introduce a new Connor Hawke just change the title of the show or whatever.

Jimmy
19 hours ago, Zello said:

If they continue they show they should introduce Connor Hawke not the John Diggle Jr. Connor Hawke from Legends though that could work too if it's set in the future. They could use flashpoint as an excuse and introduce a new Connor Hawke just change the title of the show or whatever.

It would be odd to to just introduce a time jump or phase to introduce someone to carry on. If they actually do this, I wonder what will be the fate of the other characters like Felicity, Diggle, Rene, Laurel, Dinah and Curtis. 

Jimmy

KY Jello

https://deadline.com/2018/09/cassandra-jean-amell-nora-fries-cws-arrowverse-crossover-1202464921/

Nora Fries Mr.Freezes wife will be in the crossover.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/elizabeth-bitsie-tulloch-will-play-lois-lane-cws-arrow-verse-crossover-1143403

Also Elizabeth Tulloch is Lois Lane.

With the way the DCEU is going I like that WB/DC is giving the Arrowverse more freedom I just hate that it took this long.

Edited by Zello

Jimmy
On 9/15/2018 at 4:58 AM, Zello said:

https://deadline.com/2018/09/cassandra-jean-amell-nora-fries-cws-arrowverse-crossover-1202464921/

Nora Fries Mr.Freezes wife will be in the crossover.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/elizabeth-bitsie-tulloch-will-play-lois-lane-cws-arrow-verse-crossover-1143403

Also Elizabeth Tulloch is Lois Lane.

With the way the DCEU is going I like that WB/DC is giving the Arrowverse more freedom I just hate that it took this long.

There's not much left for DCEU anyway. Cavill's leaving and so is Affleck. I'm not in the least excited for Aquaman or the Flash movie. The Wonder Woman sequel on the other hand would be nice though.

Jimmy

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I think it's kinda funny that Flash used to be my favorite show and now Arrow's taking back the crown. If you had told me that Arrow was going to be better than Flash back in the middle of the hell that was season 4, I would have laughed my ass off. But they pulled off an amazing fifth season, followed by a decent sixth season, and now season seven looks like really compelling stuff. Flash started off amazing and has suffered a slow descent into mediocrity. I didn't hate season 4, I actually enjoyed it more than season 3, but it was just okay overall. I hope there's a return to form with season five, but I'm deliberately keeping my expectations low to avoid disappointment.