2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Itachi Uchiha

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl

Vigilante88

Diaz caught me by surprise with those kills. I wasn't expecting that. Lol part of me wants him to make it through the finale, the other part of me wants to see Oliver/Laurel/Sara/Dinah/Rene/Dig all get their piece before killing him.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
Posted (edited)

I don't understand how Diaz is consistently able to kill the leaders of The Quadrant with no backlash from their employees. Like he just straight-up kills that one woman and none of her associates come after him. Same with the guy he stabbed at the police station. Why are people so afraid to stand up to this guy? And how did he survive the explosion at the base toward the end of the episode? The plot armor is strong with this guy. As I've said before, he's not a bad villain, he just needs more development. He was a low-rent hood fresh out of prison at the beginning of the season and now he's the head of the most powerful criminal organization in the country, has the cops, has the courts, has the city officials, and none of it feels earned. It's like the writers said "f*ck it, we don't need to explain how he got so powerful, let's just make him powerful". I don't mean to bitch about this so much, but he could have easily been up there with Slade, Eobard, and Prometheus as one of the truly great villains of the Arrowverse had we seen him build his power base from nothing. It feels like such a missed opportunity and they really shouldn't have spent more than half of the season on Cayden James.

On another note, I did like the twist of Oliver going to the FBI agent investigating him at the end of the episode. There's gonna be a price to pay it seems.

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive

Corndawg93

Seriously, one call to Barry and its over with

Pesos

You do have to wonder how the Quadrant came to be as powerful as they allegedly are, given how utterly moronic their leaders also are.

Also I guess it's a nice touch that Oliver went to the FBI but it's kind of hard to imagine what she could really accomplish considering the Argus resources (unofficially..) that have already been thrown at the problem and not done anything.

Corndawg93
Posted (edited)

So what capacity does Sara show up then, after Lance has been murdered by Diaz or what, and how's she gunna react to Black Siren

Edited by Corndawg93

TheFoxRiverFugitive

There's a theory going around that Sara is going to use the death totem to put the original Laurel's soul into Black Siren's body.

Jimmy

There's a theory going around that Sara is going to use the death totem to put the original Laurel's soul into Black Siren's body.

That would make this much worse. There's a lot of people hoping that this version of black siren finds her redemption.

Pesos

They've been pushing the redemption arc for a while now so it would be pretty poor payoff if that happens.

Zello

I don't want her to be redeemed it feels forced. She should remain a villain. In the Flash she killed for Zoom and didn't feel anything the same with Prometheus last season. It feels weird that out of nowhere she wants to change.

I wouldn't mind though if she kind a became like Catwoman and would only help Team Arrow if it was in her best interests but may also occasionally find herself fighting team Arrow.

Corndawg93
Posted (edited)

I hope Devoe wins, then Diaz can't do what he wants to do

Edited by Corndawg93

DexMacLeod

The Flash has gotten hella repetitive this season. Why does Team Flash keep assuming their plans are so outside the box that DeVoe can't possibly be prepared for them? I can buy into that the first couple of times but after the tenth attempt you'd think they'd stop being surprised by it.

I also really hate what they're doing with Harry. Well, not what they're doing but how they're doing it. Losing one's mind is kinda the scariest thing I can think of and the show is playing it for laughs mostly.

What makes it worse is that that's pretty much DeVoe's end game. He's gonna make everyone like that. So essentially, they've turned the big evil threat into a joke.

Vigilante88

Batwoman and Gotham are coming to the Arrowverse next season. Nice.

Zello

About time we get someone from the Bat family.

Corndawg93

Really, That's lame, bring in Green Lantern like you've been teasing for so long

TheFoxRiverFugitive
Posted (edited)

I think if Flash is going to be more successful next season, they need to drop the whole "villain-of-the-week" formula and just tell a compelling story with a strong villain. My guess is it's going to be another speedster, probably Godspeed. And it would be nice to see Barry go to the far future and visit the Flash museum, maybe have a few cameo appearances by a younger, pre-powered Eobard Thawne. I don't think it's too far-fetched, given that they've been teasing Dawn Allen all season. Maybe she came back in time for help with a problem in her time?

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive

Zello

Really, That's lame, bring in Green Lantern like you've been teasing for so long

Green Lantern would cost a lot of money though for CGI on a TV budget.

DexMacLeod

Green Lantern would cost a lot of money though for CGI on a TV budget.

Not really, though. Spending too much on CGI is kinda the staple of these crossovers.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

Wish the title of the episode for tonight's finale had been different. I'm really curious to see how they're gonna get Oliver out of prison though. Even when he does get out, the game will be completely different because now everyone and their dog knows that he's the Green Arrow.

Corndawg93
Posted (edited)

What a sh*t ending, We all know Ollies sentence will be 6 months, and why kill off Quinten, f*ck you Guggenheim, you c*nt, so glad he's getting replaced, and you absolutely wasted Sara cameo

Guess he wanted to give the audience one last f*ck you before he left

Edited by Corndawg93

DexMacLeod

I Kinda liked it. Makes me wanna try and finally get through that Supermax script. I'm hoping they spend a good amount of time with Ollie locked up. Like half a season at least.

I'm assuming that in the end Diaz will return and the FBI will offer Oliver some kind of deal to help take him out. I hope they don't erase him outing himself but I could see it happening. Oliver being locked up for months while Green Arrow is still active on the streets might be enough that they overturn it yet again.

Quentin dying is something I've seen coming for awhile. He's felt unnecessary for a few seasons now. Sort of like they've just been keeping him around because they like the actor, much like what they did with Merlyn. I did start to second guess it though when the actor said his goodbyes to the cast and crew on Instagram like three weeks early.

I really hate the knock off Amanda Waller. I mean, Samandra Watson? Could they be anymore obvious? With Oliver locked up it's got me worried that she's going to form her own version of Task Force X with Oliver and a bunch of other criminals.

Zello
Posted (edited)

I really hate the knock off Amanda Waller. I mean, Samandra Watson? Could they be anymore obvious? With Oliver locked up it's got me worried that she's going to form her own version of Task Force X with Oliver and a bunch of other criminals.

They already have Lyla in charge of Argus though. I wish they didn't kill off Waller I really liked Arrow's version of her.

Edited by Zello

DexMacLeod

Yeah, but since it would be Samandra in charge it'll likely be it's own FBI run thing separate from the real Task Force X. They'd likely have to call it something else due to the movies either way.

Diaz just had that line in the episode where he talked about sending the FBI back to their swamp. Made me think of Belle Reve and Suicide Squad. Maybe they just call them the Secret Six or something.

Zello

I think he meant swamp as in Washington DC

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I Kinda liked it. Makes me wanna try and finally get through that Supermax script. I'm hoping they spend a good amount of time with Ollie locked up. Like half a season at least.

I'm assuming that in the end Diaz will return and the FBI will offer Oliver some kind of deal to help take him out. I hope they don't erase him outing himself but I could see it happening. Oliver being locked up for months while Green Arrow is still active on the streets might be enough that they overturn it yet again.

Quentin dying is something I've seen coming for awhile. He's felt unnecessary for a few seasons now. Sort of like they've just been keeping him around because they like the actor, much like what they did with Merlyn. I did start to second guess it though when the actor said his goodbyes to the cast and crew on Instagram like three weeks early.

Don't count on Ollie being locked up for more than an episode. These Arrowverse shows have a tendency to mitigate potentially game-changing events that close out their seasons. See Flashpoint, the weak payoff to Arrow's season 5 finale, the Flash reborn in episode one of season 4, etc.

Stephen Amell is the golden boy of not just the Arrowverse, but potentially the entirety of the CW channel. There's no way there gonna keep him benched for long. They'll find some way to get him out in the first or second episode. They could technically keep him in prison for half a season like you think they might, but that wouldn't be compelling television. And it would be awkward to keep cutting back to him just sitting in a cell or standing in line in the mess hall while all the action-packed stuff is going on outside of the prison walls. People want Oliver Queen to be the Green Arrow, not Diggle, and the people are probably going to get what they want. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see if they could pull it off with him being in prison for a while, they did it with Barry on the Flash after all, but those episodes of the Flash were weak.

Corndawg93

So Coffee shop girl isn't Dawn Allen, she's Nora Allen, cool

Zello

I want Bart Allen.

Jimmy

Why change the name from the comics though? And like father, like daughter. She messed up something for sure now, something really big.

DexMacLeod

Why change the name from the comics though? And like father, like daughter. She messed up something for sure now, something really big.

Probably a combination of Nora tying into Barry's mother on an emotional level and twins named Dawn and Don is really dumb.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I feel like Flash had a pretty strong finale for an overall average season. Next year, I want fewer "villain-of-the-week" episodes, some exploration into the future, and a stronger villain. Devoe wasn't bad per se, his plan just sucked. Really hoping they pay off Barry's vision of the Flash museum from the season 1 finale.

Corndawg93

Do they still have Flash day?