3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Itachi Uchiha

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl

darthYENIK

Heads up: posting of links to the leaked pilot or any unauthorized copyrighted material is strictly forbidden on GTAF. Just thought of put that out there before any further discussion.

IDredMan

Now who says the Pirate Bay is good for nothing?

IDredMan

Quick question: Can we talk (Strictly in spoiler tags) about events of the leaked pilot? Or is that forbidden aswell?

darthYENIK

All spoilers regarding the leaked pilot are required to be in spoiler tags, until the episode actually airs in October.

IDredMan

Alright, here it goes ...I'm pretty sure not that many people here have seen it, but I'll just leave my opinion because ...Yays.

I loved this episode and can't wait for the show to actually air. I loved Arrow and can't wait for season 3. But I have to admit, Stephen Amell's appearance was the most forced cameo and the most shoe-horned nod to Arrow ever. Other than that, Loved it.

LOES

Just watched it I agree with ^ and my peers that Stephen Amell can't act, so so so bad. Apart from that, amazing pilot and screw his "best friend" right?

krashr

please be true please be true!

IDredMan

Too scared these 2 will end up like Firefly.

krashr

i think the right decision was made on this one

darthYENIK

Not only was Brandon Routh (Superman Returns) cast as the Atom, but Robbie Amell (Stephen's cousin) was cast as Firestrom this week.

darthYENIK

Lots of news already coming out of the pre-SDCC.

Like this familiar face with a new costume...

BtQElfeIEAAicio.jpg

krashr

i thought the first season of arrow was ok, but it had alot of cringeworthy parts imo that made me unsure if i would persist with season 2.. there has now been 5 episodes of season 2 played on regular tv that i recorded and after watching them i am glad that i stayed on board. it's still got some cringe moments, but is alot better so far and they definitely upped the slammin hottie ratio which is always good

TheFoxRiverFugitive

Just started this show yesterday and I'm already on episode 16. I'm not a big fan of the Oliver Queen part of the show, but the island flashbacks and fight scenes are spectacular. I wish they would have focused more on the island and less on all this Tommy and Laurel romance crap. Slade's such a boss btw.

krashr

don't worry, there is much less tommy in season 2 where i'm up to

darthYENIK

Just started this show yesterday and I'm already on episode 16. I'm not a big fan of the Oliver Queen part of the show, but the island flashbacks and fight scenes are spectacular. I wish they would have focused more on the island and less on all this Tommy and Laurel romance crap. Slade's such a boss btw.

In the second season, you'll be saying, I wish they didn't show so much of the island. Not because the island gets boring, but because the story in Starling City gets much more interesting.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I've started season 2. One thing that doesn't make sense to me is why Laurel now hates Arrow. I don't see how the Undertaking or that finale death was his fault.

krashr

man she's so moody, i'd still go there though

darthYENIK

Laurel got pretty damn annoying in season 2. But she gets better toward the end.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

One thing I don't understand is why the characters on the show imply that Oliver chose Sara over Shado. All I saw was him dropping to his knees in front of both girls to offer his own life. Can someone explain this to me?

Also, why did Slade take her death so hard? He acts like he was married to Shado when in fact he knew her for less than a year and she didn't even feel the same way.

darthYENIK

I'll answer the second question. They were around each other 24/7 for a long time. Being around someone constantly like that, you're either going to love that person or hate that person, very quickly. So obviously, he loved her, and thought Oliver as a brother.

Then he gets hurt, and they give him the Mirakuru. The Mirakuru gives people super strength and super healing, but the side effect is that it messes with their minds. Which is why he starts to get delusional, losses his temper, and then starts hallucinating. Slade, who he was before the Mirakuru, is gone. He's not the same person. He lost all rationality. That old Slade would understand. He'd probably forgive Oliver. But his now warped mind holds Oliver responsible.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

Yeah I guess the mirakuru is a good explanation for Slade's behavior.

Was the first question I asked dumb or do you just not have an explanation?

Edited by WhatsStrength

darthYENIK

I have no explanation. I'd need to watch that episode again.

LOES

He had a gun to saras head and he said no, implying he didn't want sara dead and thus inferred shado should die...??

If i remember correctly

Edited by LOES

TheFoxRiverFugitive

He had a gun to saras head and he said no, implying he didn't want sara dead and thus inferred shado should die...??

If i remember correctly

Yeah, I just re-watched the episode and you're correct. I had thought that he fell on his knees in front of both of them in order to offer his own life.

Also just finished the finale for season 2 so now I'm caught up and can't wait for the premiere in October.

LOES

If i remember correctly

Yeah, I just re-watched the episode and you're correct. I had thought that he fell on his knees in front of both of them in order to offer his own life.

Also just finished the finale for season 2 so now I'm caught up and can't wait for the premiere in October.

How do you watch arrow? Netflix? Or some other site? Because I won't be able to catch it all while I'm at uni..... And Canadian Netflix is a piece of shiza for not having any movies or tv shows

TheFoxRiverFugitive

If i remember correctly

How do you watch arrow? Netflix? Or some other site? Because I won't be able to catch it all while I'm at uni..... And Canadian Netflix is a piece of shiza for not having any movies or tv shows

Streaming sites. Just google "Watch Arrow" and there's a crapload of them.

krashr

just watched the episode with barry allen and really liked it. so far i have been patiently waiting each week for it to be played on regular tv, but i am enjoying this season so much more than the last and i want to see more noww. there is so much cool stuff going on