GTA V Neighbourhoods & Localities Database

Matty

user posted image

Streamlined the topic as things were getting very cluttered and cumbersome (you can view the old database by clicking the graphic links at the bottom). This database is a work in progress, and any help in identifying other localities and neighbourhoods would be appreciated. Furthermore, if you notice a mistake; be sure to let me know by posting in this topic as well.

user posted image

Confirmed location names have been named in trailers and screenshots. Unconfirmed location names haven't been named in trailers or screenshots.

Locality Name Type Based Off Seen In... South Los Santos Region/Residential South Los Angeles [1] [2] East Los Santos Residential/Region East Los Angeles [1] [2] Rockford Hills Residential Beverly Hills [1] [2] Downtown Los Santos Commercial Downtown Los Angeles [1] [2] Vespucci Canals / Vespucci Beach Residential/Recreation Marina del Ray [1] [2] [3] Little Seoul Cultural Koreatown [1] Vinewood / Vinewood Hills Residential Hollywood [1] [2] Richman Residential Bel Air [1] Portola / Portola Drive Shopping/Commercial Rodeo Drive [1] Del Perro Recreation Santa Monica [1] [2] Land Act Dam Lake/River/Ocean N/A [1] Tataviam Mountains Mountain range N/A N/A (named in Gameplay trailer) Mount Chiliad Mountain Either Mount Diablo or Mount Whitney [1] Blaine County Region N/A N/A (Named in Game Informer preview) Grapeseed Farmland N/A [1] [2] Zancudo River Lake/Ocean/River N/A [1] Mount Josiah Mountain N/A N/A (named in preview.) Paleto / Paleto Cove Rural Town Lone Pine, California [1] [2] Sandy Shores Rural Town Salton City, California [1] Alamo Sea Lake/Ocean/River N/A [1] Los Santos Golf Club Recreation Los Angeles Country Club [1] North Yanktown Rural town? N/A [1] Cape Catfish - N/A [1] Grand Senora Desert Region/Desert Sonoran Desert [1] Pala Springs - N/A [1] Proposed Locality Name Type Based Off Seen In... Los Santos International Airport Airport Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) [1] [2] Verdant Bluffs Recreation/Tourist Attraction Griffith Observatory [1] [2] Ganton Residential Compton [1] Playa del Seville / East Beach Residential Long Beach [1] West Vinewood Residential West Hollywood [1] [2] Glen Park Recreation/Residential Echo Park / MacArthur Park [1] Port of Los Santos Industrial/Port Port of Los Angeles [1] Blaine County Airport/Airstrip Rural Airport N/A [1] [2] Los Santos Bay Lake/Ocean/River N/A [1]

Graphic: Los Santos Neighbourhoods

Graphic: Rural Localities (coming soon)

Edited by DTUMan
RE9mJnf.png

Great Job with this thread DTUMan, I'll see if I can help you out after I'm finished with my exams.

You should look in the photoviewer's thread. They actually list the name of like five places.

Zancudo River,

Vinewood Hills,

Grapeseed.

My bad, I just skimmed it, I see you posed it. confused.gif

Edited by MikeMyth

Damn man. Great work! The tables look awesome. Good luck with getting this underway DTUMan! icon14.gif

PIN IT ADRIAAN! moto_whistle.gif

This a nice topic. Great job!

About the screenshot that Michael is with his bike, someone said that it's located within Rockford Hills.

I thought Ganton was a parody of Compton?

That's correct. The equivalent of Watts (the suburb mentioned in OP) is Jefferson in GTA San Andreas.

Nice thread bro! Very useful info, keep it updated!

grope_4_that_date

Nice work. icon14.gif

significantother

I'm not sure about this, but I think "?????" is somewhat resembling West Hollywood. Don't take my word for this though, I've never been to LA before.

icon14.gif You really deserve a medal for this thread.

But here are some cookies, get fat and happy:

cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

Rodeo is part of Rockford Hills. I mean Rodeo is Rockford Hills. I mean Rockford Hills is GTA V's equivalent of GTA SA's Rodeo.

Well... you understand me... right ?

Rodeo is part of Rockford Hills. I mean Rodeo is Rockford Hills. I mean Rockford Hills is GTA V's equivalent of GTA SA's Rodeo.

Well... you understand me... right ?

Rodeo in San Andreas is based on Beverly Hills. It is that way because there is a popular road in Beverly Hills named Rodeo Drive, of which consists of those affluent shops seen in trailer one.

In V, GI announced that Michael lived in V's equivelant of BH, Rockford Hills. Rodeo is renamed Rockford Hills in V okay?

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I'm going to go through and update as necessary (I added "Koreatown" to the "Based off" part for Little Seoul, thanks for pointing that out. smile.gif).

Edit:

For now I'm going to leave them as they are; although you are right that "Rodeo" IS in in Rockford Hills (as Rodeo Drive is in Beverly Hills); I am thinking that Rockford Hills, much like South Los Santos, is going to comprise of smaller neighbourhoods/districts with "Rodeo" being one of these smaller neighbourhoods/districts.

Edited by DTUMan
RE9mJnf.png

I was willing to do a similar topic, but I didn't really the time back then. You've done a really good job though, probably much better than I'd ever do.

Here was the concept/design I was going after:

user posted image

Location | Los Angeles County, California

Nearest city | Santa Monica

"With 3.5 miles of Southern California beaches and over 300 days of sunshine, the Santa Monica Beach is a

prime piece of California coastline and a welcome retreat for vacationers and locals alike with a range of activities for everyone."

I've got some other real-life/V-screenshot comparisons if you're ever willing to do such. tounge.gif

Also this screenshot's location is the lower level of Grand Avenue just under California plaza [credits to koeklin for discovering it first.]

3lIXKDi.png

Just added the following to the first post, which I somehow missed when I was first putting the topic together.

"Glen Park"?

Type: Residential/Recreation

Socio-economic class: Middle

Based off: Echo Park / MacArthur Park

user posted image

Description: A small residential neighbourhood that consists of a park area which itself consists of a man-made lake. This is likely GTA V's equivalent of Glen Park.

Screenshots

Link

@PrometheusX; if you just post pictures of the V/real-life comparisons, I will link them in the first post (and give you credit of course. wink.gif )

RE9mJnf.png