1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

So Franklin is a Crip...

VATG

Well for starters VATG, they wouldn't have a real-world gang in the GTA world.

i know that, but that doesn't mean they aren't influenced by one...

You're the one saying that Franklin IS a crip, look at the title of your own topic for God's sake confused.gif.

I'm not saying the OP is right but comments like this one I quoted don't mean sh*te is stupid logic.

OP is relating to the fact that GTA always features gangs. The city is Los Santos based on Los Angeles. Two of the most famous gangs are Bloods and Crips. Bloods wear blue. Franklin is wearing blue.

Rockstar have focused on those sort of gangs in the past and it's almost 99% certain, we'll see gangs based off Bloods and Crips or other local gangs. It's actually not a stretch to assume he is or was once affiliated with a gang that are based off the Crips.

It's not a wild assumption, it's a good speculation at most. So yeah, stop trying to act smart with your crappy logic.

Yes, R* has made parody of gangs but this thread is ridiculous, what does people dancing and Serena have to do with this.

Also he is just wearing a Blue shirt so automatically you people want to pose him in a gang. This is an outrageous claim.

Before you act smart bloods don't wear blue so yeah.

Edited by J32T3R

Do the Crips even exist anymore? I thought that the police had all but rendered the old gangs a shell of their former selves?

Wasn't that the whole point of Franklin's character? That he grew up in a city where the old gangs had mostly died out? The guy's a thug-for-hire, he beats up deadbeats and steals their stuff, but he's not a gang member. It doesn't seem like any of the characters are part of a gang - apart from Michael, and he snitched on them.

Lool where on earth did you hear or read that ??

No way, not at all. Street gang activity and culture is still very much alive and thriving in LA. It is just not as highly publicized as it was before in the media anymore, the city is used to their presence and people have learned how to deal and live with it. The LAPD only just about manages to contain it within certain confines of the city, and occasionally street gang warfare still gets out of control. Crips, Bloods, Surenos, other Hispanic gangs, they all certainly still do exist.

Rockstar did not say gangs in Los Santos had died out. They said that Franklin is an ex-gangbanger in a city where these days, gangbangin' in is no longer viewed by more smarter guys in the hood like himself, as an attractive or prospective route to getting fast money and wealth from crime. Hence why Franklin appears to have no interest in gang activity altogether. But Rockstar did not say that gang culture and violence had died out in LS, and I'm sure it was mentioned that one of Franklin's friends (Lamar) who is still gangbangin' may try and drag him back into the life.

Edited by Official General

I thought you where going to argue for that Franklin was crippled. HAHA it turned out to be worse. Rockstar would never use a real gang in a game, if you are lucky they will make a parody. lol.gif

Well there's ten minutes of my life I'll never get back wasted reading that pile of turd. Seriously dude were you f*cking high when you put that in there or did you do what you normally do and not engage your brain ?

Do us all a favour and throw your PC and yourself out the nearest window.

Do the Crips even exist anymore? I thought that the police had all but rendered the old gangs a shell of their former selves?

Wasn't that the whole point of Franklin's character? That he grew up in a city where the old gangs had mostly died out? The guy's a thug-for-hire, he beats up deadbeats and steals their stuff, but he's not a gang member. It doesn't seem like any of the characters are part of a gang - apart from Michael, and he snitched on them.

No way, not at all. Street gang activity and culture is still very much alive and thriving in LA. It is just not as highly publicized as it was before in the media anymore, the city is used to their presence and people have learned how to deal and live with it. The LAPD only just about manages to contain it within certain confines of the city, and occasionally street gang warfare still gets out of control. Crips, Bloods, Surenos, other Hispanic gangs, they all certainly still do exist.

Rockstar did not say gangs in Los Santos had died out. They said that Franklin is an ex-gangbanger in a city where these days, gangbangin' in is no longer viewed by more smarter guys in the hood like himself, as an attractive or prospective route to getting fast money and wealth from crime. Hence why Franklin appears to have no interest in gang activity altogether. But Rockstar did not say that gang culture and violence had died out in LS, and I'm sure it was mentioned that one of Franklin's friends (Lamar) who is still gangbangin' may try and drag him back into the life.

I'm pretty sure R* said Franklin is a gang banger in a post gang banger world.

@SimonP92 just because people are from the ghetto that doesn't automatically mean that they're in a gang. People can be from the ghetto and NOT gangbang but still know the cultural.

Sorry but this is honestly just BS. Just because he wears blue he is a crib? Not to mention he appears to despise gang bangers. He is a freelancer and probably to most intricate character which excites me.

I Shot The Sheriff

I don't think so, in the screens you can see his clothes are a darker blue than this, also he does not want to belong to gangs according to GI & Trailer 2.

BTW, I've always found funny and a bit dumb the gang sign thang biggrin.gif

I really dont get how people dont realize that GTA has always been about PARODIES!

There are no crips in the grand theft auto world, there might be gangs that are loosly based off crips or bloods or whatever but there are no real life gangs in GTA, just parody versions.

For example the Spanish Lords which is a gang in GTA 4 is a parody of The Latin Kings

and sprunk is a parody of sprite. This should be well known stuff by now I really dont know why I have to clarify... whatsthat.gif

So no OP, Franklin is not a Crip

No, Im pretty sure they said the exact opposite and every piece of information shown so far goes against that statement.

wow, you posted 80 pictures about the crips like we dont know what the crips are and only 1 picture connecting franklin to the crips aside from him being black..fail

No, Im pretty sure they said the exact opposite and every piece of information shown so far goes against that statement.

Stright from Game Informer. "Franklin was the idea of this street hustler in the modern world where the glory days - if there ever were glory days of gang banging - Had long since passed."

wow, you posted 80 pictures about the crips like we dont know what the crips are and only 1 picture connecting franklin to the crips aside from him being black..fail

go do your home work icon13.gif

I'm pretty sure gangs are in the game but rockstar aren't going to use the real colors they're probably going to go back to green and purple.

About the thing that he's wearing blue he's a crip I remember with cj there was a red shirt you could dress him in does that mean he's a blood NO.

Stright from Game Informer. "Franklin was the idea of this street hustler in the modern world where the glory days - if there ever were glory days of gang banging - Had long since passed."

"Franklin is the new kid on the block. A young kid Rockstar's Dan Houser describes as "the gang-banger in the post-gang-banging world." When he crosses paths with Michael, the trio is formed."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/13/the...now-about-gta-v

For the Las time the reason Franklin activity in gang life has slowed down is because where has it Gotten him as far as his money and ambition . Let me help you guys a little with the Franklin thing start with Lamar. He is not bashing Lamar for Selling Drugs and Throwing up gangs signs, He is telling him being the middle man and the guy on the street is not going to get him real money. Franklin is ambitious meaning being the middle man all his life is not OK. He would want to be the main Supplier not just a street hustler. He respects Micheals hustle but Franklin is not the snitching type. Trevor is a psycho and doesnt care about appearance that is not Franklins style. But he Respects Trevor Iron grip on being the supplier for Crank. It does not mean he does not like the others guys he just do not agree with all there tactics . Franklin needs Trevor and Micheal because when you are a street hustler it there is only so far you can move up. His motivation is money, selling dope on the street can only get you so far. Example if you a street hustler there is already competition, so if you are buying your work from a guy and he is a middle man he is going to tax you to get his cut. For instance here a pound goes from 750-1000 dollars. If you break it down you can make 1500 for a person like Lamar $500-700 profit is ok but for a ambitious hustler its not you are not even doubling up. You would need more money to increase your supply. Robbing Banks would allow Franklin to get the money to Buy from a Larger Supplier so instead of buying 1lb he can now buy in bulk getting cheaper prices and now he can distribute.