1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

So Franklin is a Crip...

VATG

Well for starters VATG, they wouldn't have a real-world gang in the GTA world.

i know that, but that doesn't mean they aren't influenced by one...

I could see your point if Frank the Tank was wearing blue outfits in every screen/artwork.

people need to lay off the OP...

saying that "im wearing a blue shirt, does that make me a crip" is a ridiculous argument... no, living in New Hampshire or western Montana most likely not.

but wearing a blue or red shirt is south central LA, makes your odds a lot greater.

now with that being said, i dont think R* will acknowledge real gangs, but surely a reference to one...

But they won't use real gang colours for their in-game gangs.

The colour blue is of NO significance in Los Santos.

people need to lay off the OP...

saying that "im wearing a blue shirt, does that make me a crip" is a ridiculous argument... no, living in New Hampshire or western Montana most likely not.

but wearing a blue or red shirt is south central LA, makes your odds a lot greater.

now with that being said, i dont think R* will acknowledge real gangs, but surely a reference to one...

But they won't use real gang colours for their in-game gangs.

The colour blue is of NO significance in Los Santos.

right, i agree with that.

You have to be f*cking kidding me. OP, you are a f*cking idiot, I'm usually not this harsh, but still, wearing blue doesn't automatically make you a f*cking Crip. I am wearing a blue sweatshirt right now, does that make me a Crip? Jesus christ.

if you were living in l.a. and you were a gang member most likely that yes. and keep your moth clean i aint your friend.

if i was f*cking your mother the yes you can say im f*cking idiot.

Internet e-thug

I'm watching gangland about the crips

Those 'gangbangers' need to die, all of them.

Some of them lived in single-parent homes where they only saw their mother a few times during the week when she wasn't at her first or second job and as a result they turned to gang members, people who have money and respect. Im not glorifying violence, but understand that some misfortune and unfortunate upbringing motivates people to make desperate choices. You're kind of being unfair.

He's Black, wears blue, so that automatically means he's in a gang.

don't even go there, this isn't a race thing...

"Franklin is the new kid on the block. A young kid Rockstar's Dan Houser describes as "the gang-banger in the post-gang-banging world." When he crosses paths with Michael, the trio is formed."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/13/the...now-about-gta-v

He's Black, wears blue, so that automatically means he's in a gang.

don't even go there, this isn't a race thing...

"Franklin is the new kid on the block. A young kid Rockstar's Dan Houser describes as "the gang-banger in the post-gang-banging world." When he crosses paths with Michael, the trio is formed."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/13/the...now-about-gta-v

Hes most likely from families or ballas

Do the Crips even exist anymore? I thought that the police had all but rendered the old gangs a shell of their former selves?

Wasn't that the whole point of Franklin's character? That he grew up in a city where the old gangs had mostly died out? The guy's a thug-for-hire, he beats up deadbeats and steals their stuff, but he's not a gang member. It doesn't seem like any of the characters are part of a gang - apart from Michael, and he snitched on them.

wow.gif My dad is wearing blue shirt!! This explains ALOT!!

biggrin.gif

CALL DA POHLEEZ.

I think Frank will be a Ballas, though. Or, a former one since he doesn't want to do that anymore.

Do the Crips even exist anymore? I thought that the police had all but rendered the old gangs a shell of their former selves?

Wasn't that the whole point of Franklin's character? That he grew up in a city where the old gangs had mostly died out? The guy's a thug-for-hire, he beats up deadbeats and steals their stuff, but he's not a gang member. It doesn't seem like any of the characters are part of a gang - apart from Michael, and he snitched on them.

You are not from here so im not gonna get upset with you for what you dont know about. But to answer your qustion... With all due respect.. Hell no. The gang sh*t is too traditional here. It will never end

This website is a crip, its blue

Omg it dawned on me, Some cop cars, some carry bloods and crips, some just carry the bloods, and some carry crips, you can tell by the light-bar, it tells you if they carry both or segregate them.

Edited by mdniterder

You are not from here so im not gonna get upset with you for what you dont know about. But to answer your qustion... With all due respect.. Hell no. The gang sh*t is too traditional here. It will never end

Tell me, what do they do exactly? I mean, the Mafia used to run protection rackets and prostitution. Do these gangs only sell drugs? And if so, why do they seem to live in such poverty? Wouldn't the profits from their drug business allow them to dress in a more civilised manner and avoid looking like a gang member?

I just don't quite understand their business practices.

Tell me, what do they do exactly? I mean, the Mafia used to run protection rackets and prostitution. Do these gangs only sell drugs? And if so, why do they seem to live in such poverty? Wouldn't the profits from their drug business allow them to dress in a more civilised manner and avoid looking like a gang member?

Its like this... Say you grew up right next to me right... And we were best friends growing up together. So say we just happen to grow up in a certain neighborhood thats damu(blood). So say by the time we reach 12 years old all of the older dudes in that neighborhood that we look up to just happen to claim blood.. You are not gonna look at it as a gang, u are gonna look at these people as your big brothers.. So if someone (maybe in the color blue or maybe not) comes and trys to kill them or shoot your mamas house up.. You are gonna look at those shooters as enemies and evil.. So im sayin this to say... Its just a way of life here

I'm wearing a red shirt and a red hoodie does that make me a blood?

Anymore dumb threads you wanna make?

I'm not saying the OP is right but comments like this one I quoted don't mean sh*te is stupid logic.

OP is relating to the fact that GTA always features gangs. The city is Los Santos based on Los Angeles. Two of the most famous gangs are Bloods and Crips. Crips wear blue. Franklin is wearing blue.

Rockstar have focused on those sort of gangs in the past and it's almost 99% certain, we'll see gangs based off Bloods and Crips or other local gangs. It's actually not a stretch to assume he is or was once affiliated with a gang that are based off the Crips.

It's not a wild assumption, it's a good speculation at most. So yeah, stop trying to act smart with your crappy logic.

Edited by ThePinkFloydSound

Its like this... Say you grew up right next to me right... And we were best friends growing up together. So say we just happen to grow up in a certain neighborhood thats damu(blood). So say by the time we reach 12 years old all of the older dudes in that neighborhood that we look up to just happen to claim blood.. You are not gonna look at it as a gang, u are gonna look at these people as your big brothers.. So if someone (maybe in the color blue or maybe not) comes and trys to kill them or shoot your mamas house up.. You are gonna look at those shooters as enemies and evil.. So im sayin this to say... Its just a way of life here

So tell me. If you're living this gang banger life in real life, why the ********** do you wanna do the same exact thing in a game?

So tell me. If you're living this gang banger life in real life, why the ********** do you wanna do the same exact thing in a game?

Huh? Oh man you dont get it.. Nevermind

So you're not from the ghetto? You just happen to know allot about what happens in the LA gang territory?

So you're not from the ghetto? You just happen to know allot about what happens in the LA gang territory?

suicidal.gif .. How old are you? Im just explaining to dude what its like growin up here..

Do these people have day jobs? If they have no real criminal enterprise to speak of apart from petty drug dealing and senseless murder, do they just collect welfare? I still don't understand the logic behind these people, they sound like gangs of bloated pigs each arguing about who gets the honour of mounting the prize sow.

Do none of these 'crips' and 'bloods' become drug kingpins or try to appear like legitimate businessmen?

Do these people have day jobs? If they have no real criminal enterprise to speak of apart from petty drug dealing and senseless murder, do they just collect welfare? I still don't understand the logic behind these people, they sound like gangs of bloated pigs each arguing about who gets the honour of mounting the prize sow.

Do none of these 'crips' and 'bloods' become drug kingpins or try to appear like legitimate businessmen?

Now its differnt than it was in 80s and 90s.. Some dudes bangin even got little jobs on the side because the drug game aint what it used to be.. But most sets income are from hustlin drugs and other capers

suicidal.gif .. How old are you? Im just explaining to dude what its like growin up here..

You obviously don't understand the question. Read it slowly.

I'm wearing a red shirt and a red hoodie does that make me a blood?

Anymore dumb threads you wanna make?

I'm not saying the OP is right but comments like this one I quoted don't mean sh*te is stupid logic.

OP is relating to the fact that GTA always features gangs. The city is Los Santos based on Los Angeles. Two of the most famous gangs are Bloods and Crips. Bloods wear blue. Franklin is wearing blue.

Rockstar have focused on those sort of gangs in the past and it's almost 99% certain, we'll see gangs based off Bloods and Crips or other local gangs. It's actually not a stretch to assume he is or was once affiliated with a gang that are based off the Crips.

It's not a wild assumption, it's a good speculation at most. So yeah, stop trying to act smart with your crappy logic.

thank you.

this is usually what happened when reading just the title.