2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

darthYENIK

Star Wars

feckyerlife

In his wildest dreams Rian Johnson wishes he could tell a story arc as fantastic as Rebels

Dave Filoni should write all Star Wars movies.

Is this The Guy?

In his wildest dreams Rian Johnson wishes he could tell a story arc as fantastic as Rebels

As long as Dave Filoni sticks around I hope they continue making more animated series. Kind of hoping that theres still a chance he could finish clone wars

Rebels is amazing.

Cant wait to see the finale.

Edited by Is this The Guy?

darthYENIK

I no longer have Disney XD. Im gonna have to get Rebels off of iTunes or something.

Is this The Guy?
Posted (edited)

I finally saw the last Jedi (released today on amazon video)

I liked it. Its not a great great movie by any means but I didnt have a problem with most stuff in the movie that many others did. I actually liked the whole broken Luke storyline even though some parts made me go hmmm what? They were pretty minor for me though and easy to get over. The only real problems I had was that they couldve easily avoided an attempted mutiny, a doomed canto bight quest, and the death of a large number of the resistance by just telling Poe their whole plan (Although they probably wouldnt have had a movie if they did lol). That and using hyperspace to destroy Snokes ship (I did not like)

Hoping that DJ makes a return though

Any thoughts on the finale of rebels? I thought it was great fitting end to an overall great show.

Hopefully they continue the storyline eventually. I want to see if they ever find Ezra

feckyerlife

SMH, i use to not think she was a mary sue, but now i think shes a full blown mary sue

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-last-jedi-rey-snoke-connection/

The mysterious Force-bond between Rey and Kylo Ren was one of the most disturbing plot threads in Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The two found themselves plunging into one another’s minds, sensing each other’s emotions, and confronted with ill-timed and inconvenient visions of one another. The film eventually revealed that the bond had actually been created by Supreme Leader Snoke, who (rightly) believed he could use this to draw Rey to him.

But that Force-bond proved to be a mistake on Snoke’s part. His conflicted apprentice lashed out, killing the Supreme Leader, and ending his reign. Surprisingly, though, it also had a transformative effect on Rey. According to the novelization of The Last Jedi, it actually trained her in the ways of the Force.

The first time Rey experienced a vision of Kylo Ren, it left her reeling. According to Jason Fry’s novelization, she swiftly realized that the vision had changed something within her.

Kylo had retreated at finding Rey in his head – had practically fled from her. But that had not been the end of that strange, sudden connection. She had seen more – far more. Somehow, almost instinctually, she knew how he accessed some of the powers at his command – even though she didn’t understand them. It was as if his training had become hers, unlocking and flinging open door after door in her mind.

Kylo Ren had trained for years – first under Luke Skywalker, and then under Snoke himself. Suddenly, as a result of these visions, Rey had a basic awareness of how Kylo Ren could use the Force for prodigious feats. It’s true that her actual understanding was limited, since this was before Rey had even been taught the basics of the Force by Luke. The novelization stresses that Rey found this new, instinctive knowledge quite terrifying; Kylo Ren had opened doors in her mind that she could not close again.

This certainly explains why Rey was so effective a duelist in the Throne Room battle. Although she’d proven herself able to take on Kylo Ren on his own, she shouldn’t have been able to handle Snoke’s vengeful guards. But the would-be Jedi had actually absorbed some of Kylo Ren’s instinctive Force-knowledge, likely including his lightsaber skills. Snoke had effectively given Rey a power-up.

Rey has an instinctive link to Force-abilities that should otherwise be beyond her. But she lacks the knowledge to be aware of the risks; she doesn’t know which Force-powers could potentially burn her out, or which would encourage her towards the dark side. In fact, it’s unclear how well Rey even understands the Force’s light-dark dichotomy. The reality is that this left Rey in quite a dangerous position. It’s highly likely Snoke’s training of Kylo Ren was focused on unlocking his dark side potential. That means Rey has an instinctual knowledge of the Force, one that is oriented towards the dark side. Little wonder she sensed the call of the dark side with such ease.

Ironically, though, the Throne Room battle may actually be Rey’s salvation. The novelization reveals that Rey felt overwhelmed, and unwittingly made a choice that will shape her destiny.

She couldn’t direct the Force well enough to last long against three elite warriors in lightsaber-resistant armor. But she could let it direct her, allow it to make her its instrument.

Though Rey didn’t know it, in that second she committed herself to the light side of the Force. The crucial difference between dark siders and light siders is how they relate to the Force; a dark sider seeks to “direct the Force,” where a light sider wishes to serve it.

Snoke had – both unwittingly and indirectly – trained Rey, but Rey ultimately rejected the siren song of the dark side. Instead, when the dust settled from the Throne Room battle, Rey stood as a servant of the light. Supreme Leader Snoke’s failure was complete.

Leftist Bastard

It's from the novelization and there tends to be a bit of artistic license with those.

darthYENIK
Posted (edited)

Finally going to sit and watch the last half of the last season of Rebels.

I didn't tear up after Kanen's death until Zeb hugged Ezra.

I will update with my reactions as I go along.

Edit:

Ezra pulled Ashoka through the portal! I am a sucker for Ashoka.

Edit:

Yes I cried at the end. Once again, because I knew Ashoka survived the Galactic Civil War.

I hoped they would go through the entire war with Rebels. At least show the battle of Yavin. Looks like if they do a new series, it will be set after the war. Probably between the Original Trilogy and Sequel Trilogy. Which Im fine with.

Edited by darthYENIK

SmokesWithCigs
Posted (edited)

I wish Ezra died. Imreallyndidnt watch this last seasons. The only thing I liked about rebels where the guest appearances. None of that crew feels like they belong in the star ware universe except for kanan because he was a survivor of order 66

Edited by SmokesWithCigs

Corndawg93

I just watch the last episode of Rebels, knowing Ahsoka Tano is alive after Return of the Jedi is mind blowing

darthYENIK

Yeah, I dont dislike the Rebels team, but Ahsoka gets to me. She hit me hard when we found out she was Fulcrum, and when she fought Vader, and when Ezra saved her.

I just wonder if she ever faced Vader again.

Is this The Guy?
Posted (edited)

Something tells me that fight on Malachor was their final encounter. Vader probably thought she died

Im wondering where she was the whole time. Sabine didnt seem to surprised to see her at the end so Im wondering if she was on Lothal most of the time.

At the beginning of the final season I felt that Kanan and Ezra had to die in order for it all the make sense. Sabine could have either fought alongside the rebellion or have gone back to fight with her family on Mandalore. Zeb could have either fought alongside the rebellion or gone back to Lira San to be with his people.(which he did eventually yay! Btw his bff Kallus redemption arc was one of my favorites in the show) Hera, Chopper, and Ghost were in Rogue one so you know they made it.

But as the season started to progress I thought that with all that Ezra had learned it would have been a waste to just kill him So I felt what they did was a good way of ending it. It keeps you guessing and hoping for a new story. Kana did have to go though :( With how close he was to Hera and him being a Jedi there was no way he would have stayed in the shadows during the original trilogy.

Im hoping for more stories like Rebels in the future.

Corndawg93

I've been wondering, did Ezra know how everything would go down, his message to Sabine "Don't let me down" seems to indicate that, hell the last thing he tells Ahsoka is "come find me" not Us, BUT ME, He clearly knows what the future holds.

Is this The Guy?
Posted (edited)

I've been wondering, did Ezra know how everything would go down, his message to Sabine "Don't let me down" seems to indicate that, hell the last thing he tells Ahsoka is "come find me" not Us, BUT ME, He clearly knows what the future holds.

Yeah he knows whats going down he was planning for it most of the last episode. Starting with that special mission he gave to Mart to send out the code frequency zero to call his friends.

One thing I just realized, was Kanans lightsaber destroyed with the base? I dont remember them ever getting it back

Corndawg93

Yeah he knows whats going down he was planning for it most of the last episode. Starting with that special mission he gave to Mart to send out the code frequency zero to call his friends.

One thing I just realized, was Kanans lightsaber destroyed with the base? I dont remember them ever getting it back

The Space Whales

Is this The Guy?
Posted (edited)

Yup, yeah I didnt want to say space whales it sounds kind of weird lol. Ill just say his friends.

He even had that message to Sabine saying dont forget Im counting on you.

Sabine first thought he was only talking about protecting Lothal but then she realized he also meant he was counting on her to bring him home.

Craigsters

I order the last jedi tonight from Canuck payperview, worth every penny, oh watched it sleep deprived too, was up over 20 hours when I watched it, hit nail's briefly, but turned on the livingroom light's and took some huge swigs of my pop to wake me up, I have the film for 48 hours with my phone company to watch it again!..

Is this The Guy?

I actually liked it as well despite all the hate it got. I bought it on amazon video

RARusk

darthYENIK

Carrie was the greatest person to ever live.

RARusk

RARusk

Crokey

It looks alright, will no doubt still go and see it. But they're doing a p*ss poor job of the trailers, by not even giving a clear indication of what the actual plot is, I gather it's a heist of some sort, but why?, what for?, what's the score? I mean, that's How to Make a Trailer week one.

Is this The Guy?
Posted (edited)

More Dave Filoni! I am definitely on board

Disney just announced a new Star Wars animated series

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/04/26/disney-just-announced-a-new-star-wars-animated-series/amp/

seyczs.jpg

This show will deal with the events leading up to The Force Awakens. The show will be about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited to spy on the growing First Order. Its allegedly inspired by creator Dave Filonis (The Clone Wars and Rebels) interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots. Thats fitting enough as the original Star Wars and its climatic Death Star run was inspired by World War II aerial dogfights.

Oh, and itll feature occasional appearances by Poe Dameron (voiced by Oscar Isaac), Captain Phasma (voiced by Gwendoline Christie). Oh (again), BB-8 will be heavily involved as well. Like Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars: The Clone Wars (both of which were excellent and enriched the Star Wars movies), Resistance will essentially tell stories in between major movies, offering untold looks at before/after famous events in the Star Wars universe.

Shadowfennekin

I HATE the sequel trilogy

But love Filoni and Poe, so I'm excited for it.

Disappointed we have to wait more on Ahsoka/Sabine stuff. But it'll be nice if we see a Clone Wars/Rebels character show up

And boring Finn and Mary Sue Rey aren't around at this time so.... yay!

Honker1944

Yeah but it would be a lot better if this new show would be about Luke and his students not about boring rebelion 2.0.

darthYENIK

Theyll save the main characters for movies.

Honker1944

Saving for movies you say? Luke is dead! In which movie he will be now? The graveyard awakens?

Crokey

... Luke is dead! ...

...From a certain point of view.

SmokesWithCigs

Give the show a more serious tone and art direction like clone wars I didntl like the kid friendly feel of rebels the only thing I liked about rebels was the guest appearances.

Disappointed we have to wait more on Ahsoka/Sabine stuff. But it'll be nice if we see a Clone Wars/Rebels character show up

Hell no! The ghost crew was boring especially Ezra he was a prototype Luke Skywalker that shouldn't have existed in the first place he should've died along with kanan

Is this The Guy?

I read somewhere that Filoni said there wasn’t anything in the works with Ashoka/Sabine just yet and he was going to be working on another series (resistance). I’m hoping that they get their own show some day about finding out what happened to Ezra and possibly running into Thrawn. Also reuniting with the ghost crew again since it would have been over a decade maybe even longer since their rebels journeys. And of course more Hondo