2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Do amazon deliver pre-orders a day early?

General Genitals

General Genitals

Only ever pre-ordered from Game, and In my case it never came a day early but I know they sometimes do and did with IV in the UK.

Anyone pre-order with Amazon and know if they sometimes do the same?

I ask because I'm pre-ordering it and while not expecting it a day earl i want to make sure there's at least a chance of a nice surprise biggrin.gif

I think most major chains ship preorders from their warehouses a day before the official release date. Don't quote me on that tho.

I have never pre-ordered of Amazon but I have heard they are not good and sometimes people don't get the games for a few days after the release. I have pre-order of Tesco here in the UK before (Batman Arkham City) and received it a day before release.

Hope this helps smile.gif

Depends from where they are shipping and your location,but mostly it's in release day. You can never know,maybe you will get it early

Yes generally amazon do deliver games a day early or they arrive on release date, as long as you select 1st class postage (which is about an extra £1.60) I think.

I pre-ordered FIFA 10 from them a few years ago and it arrived 2 days early. But generally they arrive a day early or on release day. There actually spot on with deliveries most of the time. And your guaranteed to get it for the lowest price (if the pre order price decreases between the day you pre order and the shipping date). I've pre-ordered a lot of games from them and none of them have ever been late. Most of them arrive on release day (as long as you select 1st class postage). If the game is released on a Friday (which is likely) they will almost certainly start sending them out Wednesday and if you choose 1st class, you'll probably get it Thursday but it not it will arrive Friday.

Hope this helps!

Edited by harry246

Men got lazy. Sure, you had your Grand Theft Auto delivered right to your doorstep, but your girlfriend was getting pounded out like a mallard duck. And none of ya is safe.

user posted image

I've never had anything delivered before release day from amazon. They are, in my experience, really reliable though. Never had a problem and they have great customer service.

Just choose at least first class delivery and you'll get it on release day. When pre orders first went up you could get it on release date with free delivery but I think that's finished now. Anyway it's only a couple £ for 1st class. Wouldn't bother with any other expensive delivery unless you have prime. The next day delivery does what it says but anytime I get anything delivered it doesn't turn up till 8-9PM!

I order it online and I usually have it delivered a few days earlier than the actual release.

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

Only ever pre-ordered from Game, and In my case it never came a day early but I know they sometimes do and did with IV in the UK.

I ask because I'm pre-ordering it and while not expecting it a day earl i want to make sure there's at least a chance of a nice surprise biggrin.gif

Game in the uk did not deliver its special editions till release day. Well in my case they didn't.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

AlexJonesConspiracy

i preorder mine from a special source here in uk, i got 4 a day early and i'll get this a day early. i was just gonna get it on the day, in the shop... or if not, wait a few days. however he offered to get it to me again from the shop he works at.

If you want to get it early find a reliable but small store or website. The type where they only have a handful of customers and can talk to the site/store owner. The bigger sites are usually pretty strict with release dates.

If you want to get it early find a reliable but small store or website. The type where they only have a handful of customers and can talk to the site/store owner. The bigger sites are usually pretty strict with release dates.

Exactly this. If you can, try a smaller or independent kind of store and you'll have a greater chance of receiving the game a day or so early. smile.gif

A question.

I signed up to the Amazon Prime trial, and if my Amazon prime membership expires BEFORE GTA comes out, will the free expedited postage count for me or not?

Why don't people just go to a shop and buy it? Why all this internet crap? After years sitting on the internet talking about the game on this forum, it might be good to get out and get some sunshine

Why don't people just go to a shop and buy it? Why all this internet crap? After years sitting on the internet talking about the game on this forum, it might be good to get out and get some sunshine

Because consumers look for the best deal.

In my local gamestore, they are estimating the price be £44.99

Amazon £39.99 without having to leave my house.

That is why!

Sounds overated to me!

plus if you want to get it as early as possible from a shop then it would have to be a 12 o'clock release, in witch case it will be pitch black! lol

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

ive always had mine one or two days before at amazon/

General Genitals

I actually have a job and wouldn't get to a shop where I can buy it on release day, or likely not til the Monday. That is why. Not because i'm afraid of the sunshine or can't leave the internet for a few hours. The Asda near me sells out big games on release night every time and takes a week or so to re-stock. Happened with fifa 11, fifa 12, and others i've gone to buy.

I'd need to go to the city center to a Game or something, and these type of stores don't fit well with my working hours. I'm a paramedic before someone suggests calling in sick for the sake of a game.

The only time i pre ordered from amazon the game came a day after the release date, since then ive always pre ordered from game and the games have always come a day early

I'm getting my GTA V from Gamestop in the US.. I've never pre ordered anything before so anyone know how long it will take?

I have never pre-ordered of Amazon but I have heard they are not good and sometimes people don't get the games for a few days after the release. I have pre-order of Tesco here in the UK before (Batman Arkham City) and received it a day before release.

Hope this helps smile.gif

well i pre-ordered Max Payne 3 Special Edit from Tesco 4 months before release ok, i also pre-ordered another Special Edit from Gamestop.co.uk a day before release, my Gamestop order arrived on release day, Tesco on the other hand arrived A WEEK LATER.

I pre-ordered LA Noire from HMV online & got it two days before the official release date. I don't suggest buying from them now though, seeing as they are in administration.

I've bought & paid for V from Tesco Direct (360) & put a fiver down at my local 24hr store for the PS3 version. I've got all the bases covered.

The Notorious MOB

I actually hope nobody gets the game a day early.. I'm not saying this because I'm a massive prick, people getting the game a day early means massive spoilers all over this forum.

in my experience Amazon dont do early deliverys very rarely if they do. I find if you want a game early try Shopto.net the last 3 games i have oredered from them come a day earlier

I Shot The Sheriff

I live in the middle of f*cking nowhere so unfortunately for me, I may not get a copy until 5-6 days after release, unless I preorder it online, in that case it may be 1-2 days after.

Stay away from Amazon if you want a game on release day. Depending on where you live just go to a local store the evening before release, over here they usually put out the games already by then so they don't have to do it in the morning.