2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Multiplayer Hype?

greenrock

didn't Houser mention that they wanted to do multiplayer for GTA5, like what GTA 3 did for single player

could gta 5 mp be something special.....

are you hyped for it

What im worried about in Multiplayer is if they gonna putt ALL the planes or not. cars aswell.

Amultiplayer without the F16 & cargoplane.. nahh whatsthat.gif

I hope the multiplayer menu is not in your phone but in start menu,

And we need more players online or you will never find another player in such a big world, or are we gonna camp at the airport again

whatever it is, its definitely going to push the hardware to the limit. so far, iv heard there will be 30 people able to freeroam in 1 world.

I've never been one to get excited about multiplayer. Maybe because my crap internet connection, but I have a lot of fun just doing sh*t on my own. In IV, the only time I went on multiplayer was usually for races. The odd deathmatch and Bomb Da Base II here and there as well. I'd like to see some more modes, that's for sure.

TheJasonGallant

I'm of curse, pretty curious about it... But that's not what I'm looking forward in this game...

Official General

Nope, not at all.

I've never really been into multiplayer gaming in general anyway. Especially in the case of GTA.

I loved muliiplayer in IV, I wouldn't care if it was the exact same concept, I would still love it.

didn't Houser mention that they wanted to do multiplayer for GTA5, like what GTA 3 did for single player

could gta 5 mp be something special.....

are you hyped for it

No. I'm honestly going into these months before release with the worst possible expectations for multiplayer, just so that if it's not that good, i won't be disappointed.

After how they stripped IV's MP in BOGT, no thank you.

If I want to have a big game of deathmatch in all of Liberty City, I should be able too, just like i was in the original, weather or not it makes sense in a competitive view or not.

I sure hope its really good! I play freemode with my friends allot even till this day i play it allot. So even if its the same as gtaiv i will be happy but it could be allot better!

Things id like to see-

- ways to make money towards lvling in freemode even down to a simple 10 bucks per kill.

- all vehicals in game. Wether they are driving or not doesnt matter atleast have a dedicated spawn for each car/truck/plane etc..

- more options when making a lobby. Turn off/on guns. Mainly to get rid of the annoying mewbie rpg..

- Hardcore mode. No autoaim, no guns floating in te street, have to buy guns from ammunations, bilps are hidden when crouched or walking slow like rdr, etc..

- and maybe a option to have the host kick anyone when they want without gay voting system.

I have no doubts in gta5's multiplayer as i know they cant make it worse after how amazing rdr was in freemode.

What im worried about in Multiplayer is if they gonna putt ALL the planes or not. cars aswell.

Amultiplayer without the F16 & cargoplane.. nahh whatsthat.gif

I thought i was the only one worried about that lol

Host Kicking would be great.

I'd like to second the the option for the host to exclude certain weapons as well. But then I'd also like to extend that to an option to exclude vehicles.

Nothing gets more tiring than the inevitable rush of everyone to get a helicopter, followed immediately by the unending slaughter of anyone not in a helicopter.

TheJasonGallant
and maybe a option to have the host kick anyone when they want without gay voting system.

Well, on PC the host could kick whoever he wanted. But, it would be nice if we could do it on consoles.

I'm curious but they'll say anything to get your attention.

As far as kicking goes, keep the voting, I don't want this to turn into f*ckng bf3 where you get kicked for not playing how some douchebag wants. If you want to play a death match, play one, don't go into cops and crooks and not play the objective, as an example. That's really more a message to all the gta4 online players than anything.

Multiplayer is going to be something special.

Interesting, please tell us more

"Grand Theft Auto 5′s multiplayer is said to do for open world games what 2001′s GTA 3 did for single player."

In other words, GTA 5 multiplayer to redefine open world games. They want to incorporate new gameplay elements that were not possible before.

“The ability to switch between different characters allows the player to do things that wouldn’t have been possible in any other GTA game, and on the multiplayer side we hope that GTA V will do for multiplayer open world games what GTA 3 did for open world single-player games.”

I am not much of a multiplayer person myself, but this has got me exited. I am eagerly waiting for the first news on multiplayer. Hopefully they have changed it enough to make me want to play that as much as the single player part.

vivalavendredi

I hate multiplayer. For example MP3 technically and setting-based it's a cool thing. But most of the people play multiplayer like they did in the old days. Rushing to one point and gun down everything. No tactical stuff, no duck and cover, no hiding (camping) and so on.

But I will give V a chance. In IV I didn't like to play because of the reasons I've pointed out above, so it makes me a little bit sad, that Houser said they put lots of effort in developing multiplayer. For me they should concentrate on single player and release multiplayer as a separate thing (DLC) later.

vincentmillidge

Yes yes yes, the cargo plane has gotta be in MP, Oh the fun we could have with that.

Cant wait for Multiplayer, I really enjoyed IVs and have been steadily fantasizing about what Vs could entail.

blowtorchrepair

I think that small tweaks to free mode of IV is all that needs to be done to make MP special, for me. Typical timed verses matches get old and are like most other shooter games. They bore me after about 15 minutes b/c it's just the same thing over and over. Free Mode, with options to select which aircraft will be included on the map, is about all I care about. I like to immerse myself in game play on the 100-inch projection for usually at least an hour at a time, like a trip into the matrix.

I'm not hyped about GTA V mp at the moment due to being wrapped up in Far Cry 3. Far Cry 3 could have been THE game for multiplayer, but NOPE.. There's no free mode. how stupid is that for an open world game with such a killer map? (smdh) But the story has been a fun ride so far.

I'm sure GTA V mp won't disappoint.

Triggern0metry1
I hope the multiplayer menu is not in your phone but in start menu,

And we need more players online or you will never find another player in such a big world, or are we gonna camp at the airport again

Yeah, I agree. I hope its more like the RDR system where we can just choose multiplayer from the main menu.

When they fix the glitchers, hackers and cheaters, maybe. Rockstar's MP games aren't that great, and the communities die fast.

• KEKW 2

MiamiVice1984

I for one are hyped about V multiplayer. I still play IV MP to this day and i love it.

• 9 years later...

There seems to be a necro virus around these parts, seemingly only affects specific people tho.

• KEKW 3

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away