Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,248 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Thenoob

Is Vice City Better Than GTA 3? If So How Much?

Thenoob

The title says it all

In my opinion it is, in many aspects missions are much more developed you have to buy assets to proceed through story I liked that, better story no hate to GTA III I liked that too, but VC one is much better imo. Vice city has unique 80s atmosphere that's one of the things I like the most, GTA III had also great atmosphere though. And soundtrack was pure epicness. inlove.gif GTA III soundtrack is nothing compared to VC one.

Thenoob
In my opinion it is, in many aspects missions are much more developed you have to buy assets to proceed through story I liked that, better story no hate to GTA III I liked that too, but VC one is much better imo. Vice city has unique 80s atmosphere that's one of the things I like the most, GTA III had also great atmosphere though. And soundtrack was pure epicness. inlove.gif GTA III soundtrack is nothing compared to VC one.

What are the new features in Vice City?

"New"? Game is 10 years old, compared to GTA III it has motorbikes, helicopters, ability to crouch, buying properties, assets, talking protagonist etc. etc.

Thenoob
"New"? Game is 10 years old, compared to GTA III it has motorbikes, helicopters, ability to crouch, buying properties, assets, talking protagonist etc. etc.

Nice features. Is it easier or harder than GTA 3?

Hard to say really. GTA III is harder if you play it after VC because in III you don't have features like crouching, bailing out from car etc. so things which you have been used to, you can't use now so in that aspect it may be harder. But I would say neither of them are hard, it just takes a little practice to master them. smile.gif

Thenoob
Hard to say really. GTA III is harder if you play it after VC because in III you don't have features like crouching, bailing out from car etc. so things which you have been used to, you can't use now so in that aspect it may be harder. But I would say neither of them are hard, it just takes a little practice to master them. smile.gif

Ah ok. I hear that in Vice City is you do pizza missions or somthing you get to increase your health and armour to 150. Seems like a preety cool unlockable.

Andreaz1

The Pizza Boy missions are only for raising your maximum health to 150. To raise the armour you need to do the Vigilante instead.

Pyrrhic

I personally prefer GTA 3, the dark and gritty atmosphere of Liberty City never gets old. For me, it is pretty much the perfect game. A lot of people say it hasn't aged too well and in some ways I agree, but it is still so much fun to play, and I think I will be for next next few years still. There a reason it's in the top 5 highest rated video games in Metacritic (GTA 4 being no. 1)

Vice City is also great. As 09 said it was a massive leap in the series, adding a variety of new features to the game. The empire system is amazing, the protagonist is amazing (something I feel GTA 3 was actually lacking), the plot is amazing and most importantly the map is amazing. I love cruising down Ocean Beach in an Oceanic late at night. inlove.gif

In all they are both great games, some of my favourite of all time, but I prefer GTA 3 just that little bit. smile.gif

Radoonhagaydoon

I have to say Vice City because it was my first GTA - I was like 7-8 years old and saw people playing it in a store, and I was like wtf is this - you can shoot cops? the f*ck kinda game is that, I know I WAS LATE but I was young then so I didn't knew III existed until like 2004

Yes got the right topic this time

JustRob

Vice City is good, better then GTAIII. But if you've seen the movie Scarface you may find yourself annoyed at times by the blatant copying from that movie. It's not too bad, there's a lot more to Vice City then Scarface references, but in my opinion the game is just a tiny bit too much like the movie.

Irrational

No, although it has more features than III, it doesn't mean it's better, if that was true, San Andreas and Vice City Stories would be the best games of the series.

GTA III is just overall better, Vice City' crystal clear water, sunny beaches and shiny neon buildings are no match for III's darkness, polluted sea, and melancholic weather.

Don't get me wrong, Vice City is, closely tied with GTA 2, my second favorite GTA game.

But there's something special in III that always makes it my number 1 favorite.

ForDaNords

Yes, there's something special about Vice City.

MurdocisGod1990

Great topic, I really don't like GTA III, I'm playing a tiny bit of Vice City on my roommates PS2 until it comes out on the PSN store. I agree with what the other guy said, I got spoiled by GTA IV and San Andreas, both make III play horribly for me. I'm new to Vice City myself, please keep answering people! I wanna learn before it comes out on PSN.

Pyrrhic
Vice City is good, better then GTAIII. But if you've seen the movie Scarface you may find yourself annoyed at times by the blatant copying from that movie. It's not too bad, there's a lot more to Vice City then Scarface references, but in my opinion the game is just a tiny bit too much like the movie.

Thats the point Einstein. The whole game is built on tackiness and over-the-top references to 80's pop culture, that's why it's so good.

wacute400

<snip>

Thenoob

What are the new weapons in Vice City?

Alenko

Liberty City itself, to me, was a much better city. Skyscrapers, large bridges, and an active subway all made the

city memorable. I liked the character's better in Vice City more, Tommy was amazing.

Macavell

There is no better, everybody has its own preferences.

If you want to start playing GTA you should definitely play GTA III first and then Vice City.

Alenko

If you want to start playing GTA you should definitely play GTA III first and then Vice City.

Shouldn't you play Vice City first for storywise?

cidamelo

I prefer GTA III catspider.gif

Reiji

No, I played GTAIII first. Therefore GTAIII is way more memorable.

Pyrrhic
No, I played GTAIII first. Therefore GTAIII is way more memorable.

The thread is not for which game you remember the best, it is for the better game. smile.gif

Algonquin Assassin

I can't think of anything from GTA III that objectively makes it better than VC, but I can think of things in VC that make it better than GTA III.

Motorcycles.

More weapons.

Being able to dive from moving cars.

Being able to crouch.

Assets.

Vocal protagonist. (Though I understand people like Claude's silent personality so maybe this is more subjective than objective).

Etc, etc.

GTA III is a modern classic, but VC is better in every way.

Pyrrhic

Miami, you of all people should know that more features doesn't necessarily mean a better game. smile.gif Just look at your defence of GTA 4 over San Andreas (which I can come to terms with).

Although Vice City most certainly does have more features I still prefer GTA 3 over it due to the atmosphere and feel of the game. I can honestly still see myself in 5 years playing GTA 3, whereas I can't with Vice City.

In the end it all just comes down to personal preference. colgate.gif

Algonquin Assassin
Miami, you of all people should know that more features doesn't necessarily mean a better game. smile.gif Just look at your defence of GTA 4 over San Andreas (which I can come to terms with).

Although Vice City most certainly does have more features I still prefer GTA 3 over it due to the atmosphere and feel of the game. I can honestly still see myself in 5 years playing GTA 3, whereas I can't with Vice City.

In the end it all just comes down to personal preference.

colgate.gif

I get what you're saying. I don't like GTA III's atmosphere and over VC just like I don't with SA's over GTA IV.

VC will always hold a special place in my heart. smile.gif

Macavell

No.

Because the III era was concepted to first start the main story (GTA III) and then reveal the background.

Pyrrhic

No.

Because the III era was concepted to first start the main story (GTA III) and then reveal the background.

Yeah, I think playing them in chronological order (by setting) would actually be harder to understand. They made Vice City afterwards for a reason. smile.gif