Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,321 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
annms

Saved with Peds Riot cheat

annms

I've been playing GTA SA recently and have used the pedestrian riot cheat, and saved my game after using it.

Then I just read somewhere today that saving with this cheat causes the Madd Dogg mission (I haven't reached it yet) to be unbeatable!

Is this true? If so, is there anyway I can fix this without starting over?

OrionSR

Yes, it is true, but on PC it's the Pedestrians Attack Each Other cheat that causes all the problems. The same cheat is called Pedestrian Riot on PS2, which can lead to some confusion. You can tell if the glitch is present at any time by visiting a vending cart (Chilli, Noodles, etc). If the vendor attacks CJ or other pedestrians in the area then you've got the glitch.

The glitch can be repaired with the GTA SA Savegame Editor v3.0 by Paul Breeuwsma (link below), but it's an awkward process since it's a full Pedestrian preference editor instead of a one button fix. Compare the flags of the Male Civilian, Female Civilian, Medic, Drug Dealer, and Bum (maybe Fireman too, I can't remember now) with those of a new or unglitched save and make the necessary repairs.

http://www.paulinternet.nl/sa

There used to be a tool specifically for fixing this problem by hmvartak, but the website is now dead and I can't find my copy. If you run into a lot of trouble post again and perhaps someone can find a copy to help you out.

If you are playing on PS2 you'll need AR-Max or other software that can copy the save to and from a PC. If you are playing on PS3 or Xbox you will need to start over.

Edited by OrionSR

Lioshenka
If you are playing on PS2 you'll need AR-Max or other software that can copy the save to and from a PC.

Can't you just pop it onto a memory stick? My brother had a PS2 and I always thought that the USB ports are there to backup the games onto the computer.

richard1997jones

How is it be impossible to pass???

lil weasel

There are Eight Save slots. Go to one before the horrible save. Or start over.

annms
Yes, it is true, but on PC it's the Pedestrians Attack Each Other cheat that causes all the problems. The same cheat is called Pedestrian Riot on PS2, which can lead to some confusion. You can tell if the glitch is present at any time by visiting a vending cart (Chilli, Noodles, etc). If the vendor attacks CJ or other pedestrians in the area then you've got the glitch.

The glitch can be repaired with the GTA SA Savegame Editor v3.0 by Paul Breeuwsma (link below), but it's an awkward process since it's a full Pedestrian preference editor instead of a one button fix. Compare the flags of the Male Civilian, Female Civilian, Medic, Drug Dealer, and Bum (maybe Fireman too, I can't remember now) with those of a new or unglitched save and make the necessary repairs.

http://www.paulinternet.nl/sa

There used to be a tool specifically for fixing this problem by hmvartak, but the website is now dead and I can't find my copy. If you run into a lot of trouble post again and perhaps someone can find a copy to help you out.

If you are playing on PS2 you'll need AR-Max or other software that can copy the save to and from a PC. If you are playing on PS3 or Xbox you will need to start over.

Thanks for the help OrionSR, much appreciated.

I'm playing on the PC, and I used BOTH the "pedestrian riot" and "pedestrians attack each other" cheat, and saved after using them. (I used them on Zero's "Supply Lines" mission. That mission was a pain in the backside and I used those two cheats so that the pedestrians could take care of some of the lackeys for me)

Anyway, I used that Savegame Editor and have fixed all the pedestrian preferences you mentioned. No more attacking vendors. smile.gif

Hopefully I won't be seeing that glitch in the Madd Dogg mission later.

Thanks again!

Username.gta

Madd Dogg jumps off the roof as soon as the mission starts, not giving you enough time to reach him with the Walton.

Similar glitches also happen in Burning Desire (After taking Denise home, she'll go and fight other people instead of going to her door) and in Tanker Commander. (Upon reaching RS Haul, Catalina will shoot Mr. Whittaker in the head instead of exchanging the payoff.)

Sucha84

Madd Dogg jumps off the roof as soon as the mission starts, not giving you enough time to reach him with the Walton.

Similar glitches also happen in Burning Desire (After taking Denise home, she'll go and fight other people instead of going to her door) and in Tanker Commander. (Upon reaching RS Haul, Catalina will shoot Mr. Whittaker in the head instead of exchanging the payoff.)

If I add something to it, actually Madd Dog will act as a normal pedestrian in that mission and try to fight with other civilians after mission starts because you have saved the game with pedestrian riot cheat. Since Madd Dog is in the roof, he has to jump from the roof to start fighting and that leeds him to death even before CJ goes to Walton. That's the reason why he jumps from roof and this mission can't be passed.

This cheat is advantageous only when you need to steal FP vehicles from street races. When this cheat is activated, pedestrians will tank out all drivers when they finish race to steal their FP vehicle for CJ.

GTASAddict

The gym trainers will attack you and patrons in the gym even after deactivation. Of course, the best "fix" is prevention; as in, not saving or even better, not using it. Out of all the button cheats, this is the only troublesome one I encountered.