Jump to content

Cyberpunk 2077


BullworthAcademy

Recommended Posts

I played a bit of the 2.1 update before, really liking the new bikes, especially the Apollo 650S, which looks quite subtle compared to the others. I do still wish we had more colour variety of the Kusanagi CT-3X, though there's mods for that, I suppose.

 

New romance hangouts ain't bad either :cool:

 

photomode-09122023-201216.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, lndex said:

I do still wish we had more colour variety of the Kusanagi CT-3X

 

Nice shot! I found this sleek looking Kusanagi last night, which matched my V's outfit quite nicely.

 

az_punk23_057.jpg

 

az_punk23_058.jpg

 

az_punk23_059.jpg

 

az_punk23_060.jpg

 

az_punk23_061.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, AZAZEL said:

I found this sleek looking Kusanagi last night, which matched my V's outfit quite nicely.

 

Yeah, it does seem like gang bikes are still the true way to acquire different colorways. They should've allowed you to save and store them in a personal garage, orrr just put a limit on how many you can store.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, lndex said:

I played a bit of the 2.1 update before, really liking the new bikes, especially the Apollo 650S, which looks quite subtle compared to the others. I do still wish we had more colour variety of the Kusanagi CT-3X, though there's mods for that, I suppose.

 

New romance hangouts ain't bad either :cool:

 

Ok I freaking love that outfit, just wanna say that. Bike is looking pretty sick too!

 

I have yet to take more pics but I've been enjoying the metro rides far too much, just loving how immersive it is.

 

Edit: took a few pics, finally. The Nazaré Racer looks awesome.

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

 

Edited by MathSouza
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
smokeless6
On 12/5/2023 at 10:41 AM, Adam Jensen said:

I really dig the slang, actually. I never mentioned that. Preem, choom, delta, gonk, flatline, corpo...

It gives the setting a unique and strong sense of authenticity.

 

Agreed. I dig it too.

 

I played Cyberpunk at release, and it was a bit of a let down, and not necessarily due to the state of the game, but more so how it fell short of my own expectations. Partly it was due to CDPR's marketing and pre-release claims. But mostly it was down to mathematics. I used this equation in the run-up

 

(People who made Witcher 3) + (huge budget) x unlimited dev time = best game eva

 

But it didn't work out that way. Cyberpunk was still a good game, it just wasn't the evolutionary game I had been expecting. Once I dropped those expectations and took the game for what it is (as opposed to what I wanted it to be) then it all felt fine. Finished the game on the first run and got my money's worth.

 

Fast forward a few years and I have picked up the Phantom Liberty expansion and started a new run.  I'm impressed. CDPR has dropped a lot of effort in to getting Cyberpunk to a good place. I like the revamped perk trees. I still don't care for the feel of the driving, but the vehicle options have expanded (I like the Nazare Racer as my main ride). Cybernetics/cyberware is even better now. The hacking side of the game has gotten a re-work and it's good fun. Dogtown is great, I like the war-torn vibe.

 

This game has always had exceptional characters and voice-acting, and PL does not drop the level, but maintains it. The little fixes everywhere add up. The additions have made the game more robust. I liked it fine in 2021 and I like it even more now. A nice redemption arc for CDPR with this game. Consumer confidence had certainly taken a hit, but I think they've earned it back with their dedication to making Cyberpunk a better game.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
JohnMcLoviin
On 1/17/2024 at 8:54 PM, smokeless6 said:

 

Agreed. I dig it too.

 

I played Cyberpunk at release, and it was a bit of a let down, and not necessarily due to the state of the game, but more so how it fell short of my own expectations. Partly it was due to CDPR's marketing and pre-release claims. But mostly it was down to mathematics. I used this equation in the run-up

 

(People who made Witcher 3) + (huge budget) x unlimited dev time = best game eva

 

But it didn't work out that way. Cyberpunk was still a good game, it just wasn't the evolutionary game I had been expecting. Once I dropped those expectations and took the game for what it is (as opposed to what I wanted it to be) then it all felt fine. Finished the game on the first run and got my money's worth.

 

Fast forward a few years and I have picked up the Phantom Liberty expansion and started a new run.  I'm impressed. CDPR has dropped a lot of effort in to getting Cyberpunk to a good place. I like the revamped perk trees. I still don't care for the feel of the driving, but the vehicle options have expanded (I like the Nazare Racer as my main ride). Cybernetics/cyberware is even better now. The hacking side of the game has gotten a re-work and it's good fun. Dogtown is great, I like the war-torn vibe.

 

This game has always had exceptional characters and voice-acting, and PL does not drop the level, but maintains it. The little fixes everywhere add up. The additions have made the game more robust. I liked it fine in 2021 and I like it even more now. A nice redemption arc for CDPR with this game. Consumer confidence had certainly taken a hit, but I think they've earned it back with their dedication to making Cyberpunk a better game.

 

CDPR probably learned a thing or or two as well.  Hope the next Cyberpunk has a smoother launch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

smokeless6

Yeah no doubt. And maybe one is that it may be a fool's errand trying to shoehorn current PC gen stuff in to a PS4.

 

The console market is important, but this was a showcase for the limitations.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

New patch today: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1091500?updates=true&emclan=103582791464731680&emgid=3990819972776006743

 

Lot of fixes and all that but it also adds one very interesting feature which is:

 

"Added the CrystalCoat feature which allows you to change vehicle paint color. Because this technology was developed exclusively by Rayfield, it is currently only available for Rayfield vehicles you own."

 

Here's a clip of how it works: 

 

Guessing this is just a bit of a test as they work on it further, but while this may not be full car customisation (body parts etc), it would absolutely be one very nice final addition to the game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's pretty neat that they've added this, to be honest. It would be awesome to be able to fully change the bodywork of cars on the fly. I wonder if they're even planning on doing stuff like that at some point, since we're still getting updates. I'd even prefer that rather than going on a PC and accessing a virtual car dealer or garage. Ahh, it seems like the paint colour also resets when you leave the vehicle, which is a bit naff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea I'm guessing this is a very early version, which is why it's limited to one set of cars, so if something breaks it doesn't brick your entire garage or whatever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like how they seem to have felt pressed to find a lore-accurate way to 'repaint' a car. It makes sense for those cars to have technology available that would allow you to change your pain scheme on the go. I just find it funny, but also cool, that they don't just add an option to change the colour of the vehicle when you spawn it from the menu - which seems like the easier solution.

 

I don't see them adding this to a lot of the other vehicles, though. It's much less likely that an old Galena or the like has this sort of tech installed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It could be a case of this is just them testing the repainting on a wider scale, and using Rayfields to use it cause they can do it in a lore friendly way that way, plus they're popular cars anyway.

 

They might be perhaps building an actual shop where you'll be able to do it in other ways later, using the same mechanics (RGB wheel etc).

 

Hope so anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

omg yes finally. I hope they release this for all vehicles! I just wanted to change the damn colors and now I can. Yesssss

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Been trying to find a decent looking vest to make my character look more tactical. Finally found what I was looking for, but...

 

fNji16Q.png

 

It got the word BITCH written across the chest, this game has a cruel sense of humor. -_-

  • Like 1
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Margot Robbed Me

jus accep the tru u

  • excuseme 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of my favourite clothing items have graphics or text on them I'd rather they not have too, lol. I know it's part of being a cyberpunk game, but it'd be nice if every they had clean variants of every clothing item. Something for the next game, hopefully.

 

They have added new variants with alt looks, including clean looks, in updates as well in fairness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know something I never understood? Everyone creaming over Panam's... posterior when the game was released. Was that a joke or do people genuinely think she's a "booty queen"? Because she looks like a normal NPC to me.

aum2rAW.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
UT1-Dot

vAYsdQc.jpeg
mKJCuKP.jpeg

Made my own bag using photoshop. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mister Pink

I've been taking an extended break from Cyberpunk. I haven't even touched the DLC but own it! Came out when I was fatigued on the game. I plan to be playing Starfield and Cyberpunk DLC this Autumn/Winter which I think is a nice place going back into the colder months after the summer. 

 

I can't imagine what 'Cyberpunk 2' would be like. I'd love a city modelled in a colder climate, maybe New York in winter with short days and long nights. Perhaps add a little more film noir style into the game. Certainly add boats and water action, but just a little bit. Add in some abandoned subways and newer modernized subways as well as a monorail system.

 

Flying cars would be nice but I think flying cars in a cyberpunk future should only be reserved for the elite,  rich and powerful. I think it would be kind of stupid if every Tom, Dick, and Harry had a flying car. In dystopian future city, dense like a Cyberpunk New York-style city, most people are poor and rely on public transport a lot. Taking a monorail or subway would be really beneficial for the player. I would hope they make it really functional, really purposeful and rewarding for the player to use it. Eventually you can get a flying car but not until deep into the game. Make it high-value unlockable towards the end of the game. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kinda hope they reuse Night City for the second game tbh. Don't get me wrong it'd be fun to explore a new city but I'm just thinking of how much time they'd save by reusing the foundations of NC, and how it might allow them to really nail a densely detailed and interactive Night City in the next one.

 

Usually I prefer new cities and maps in open world RPG's but yea for CDPR's Cyberpunk I just feel like there's so much more that can be done with the Night City they created.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to see a 2.0 version of NC or whatever as well. There's still so much they could do in terms of making that city feel alive, like more interactions, and the big one for me would be verticality, a big miss from what we got, like I'd want to be causing mayhem in tall buildings going from floor to floor, throwing gangs out of windows, lol.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ivan1997GTA
6 hours ago, Jason said:

I kinda hope they reuse Night City for the second game tbh. Don't get me wrong it'd be fun to explore a new city but I'm just thinking of how much time they'd save by reusing the foundations of NC, and how it might allow them to really nail a densely detailed and interactive Night City in the next one.

 

Usually I prefer new cities and maps in open world RPG's but yea for CDPR's Cyberpunk I just feel like there's so much more that can be done with the Night City they created.

 

5 hours ago, lndex said:

I'd like to see a 2.0 version of NC or whatever as well. There's still so much they could do in terms of making that city feel alive, like more interactions, and the big one for me would be verticality, a big miss from what we got, like I'd want to be causing mayhem in tall buildings going from floor to floor, throwing gangs out of windows, lol.

Personally, I believe the next Cyberpunk game set in Night City would be a chronological prequel to CP2077, set approximately in the early 2050s after the Time of the Red. I agree that Night City would be fun to flesh out in a potential sequel, and I think it would be quite interesting to see how the city fared back then (with the Pacifica district being in its prime, for example). It would be like going from Saints Row 1's Stilwater to Saints Row 2's Stilwater - the city is the same, but with a lot of notable differences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm, I dunno if they'd do a prequel. They've built up a lot of lore, design, cars, etc etc that they can build on with a second game set further in the future, it doesn't even have to be more than a few years really.

 

But regardless of what they do, yea, reusing NC is the best idea IMO. Just really flesh it out and make the ultimate open world city.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UT1-Dot

I am honestly so excited to see where it goes but will be ages away surely with The Witcher 4?

Will it be photorealistic like all those demos ln youtube with mods?

 

I would love a prequel set when Pacifica was full of hope and optimism and also one shortly after.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, UT1-Dot said:

I am honestly so excited to see where it goes but will be ages away surely with The Witcher 4?

 

Maybe, maybe not. CDPR now have multiple teams under the CDPR umbrella, all with their own projects, one team on TW4, another on the next Cyberpunk. It remains to be seen if these teams will assist on other projects to help with development, which would delay the next Cyberpunk you'd think.

 

In any case, it looks unlikely that we'll see any new CDPR game this generation, all their titles are still in early development/pre-prod and given we're 4 years into a generation with 3-4 years to go... yea. But if that is the case, next-gen could have multiple CDPR games lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think there's lots of lore tidbits for CDPR to go either way, tbh, but as I mentioned before, if they do expand on NC, they could easily add to more up-and-down verticality. I think they sort of did with the expansion, and quite a bit of that was mission-based as well. But imagine building a character around abilities that allow you to jump from massive, fully interior corpo-buildings. To me, that just seems like endless fun.

 

I mean, Night City in general is an all-evolving city, so I honestly don't see why it couldn't make a return, either that or maybe somewhere on the east coast?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

By setting it in the future they wouldn't have to break the lore or create wishywashy reasons why there's new locations, so that would be one way to expand on it rather than just adding interiors galore. They could also do stuff on the water, artificial islands etc.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.