Cyberpunk 2077

BullworthAcademy

I can't speak on PS5 as I don't own one, but the game as a base is 110% worth the playthrough now w/ all it's previous updates and patches and then the massive 2.0 update + Phantom Liberty expansion, so yeah.

• Like 1

As far as I know the game is in a good state on current gen platforms, with both 30 and 60fps modes.

As for the game being good then also yep, it's great if you like story driven action RPG's.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, el carlitos said:

I plan on getting PS5 Slim as soon as avaiable and CP2077 could be my first game on it. Is it worth on PS5?

Yes.

I downloaded the PS5 update via the Ps4 disc and it’s way better now. With the 2.0 update and Phantom Liberty DLC (if you choose to buy it) it’s more or less as complete as it’s going to be.

Edited by Harwood Butch3r
  • Like 2

Love me some Quadras.

az_punk23_043.jpg

az_punk23_044.jpg

az_punk23_032.jpg

az_punk23_033.jpg

az_punk23_016.jpg

az_punk23_041.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 9:33 PM, Matrelith said:

I've been hearing a lot of positive things from the Phantom Liberty release, glad to see Cyberpunk finally get the mainstream recognition it deserves. I haven't really had the time to really dive into my new character, but the few hours I did play felt very good. I'm looking forward to another playthrough.

About 35 hours into my FemV playthrough now. I have to say I'm enjoying the changes 2.0 brought to the game. It all feels more 'finished' in a sense. I'm also a big fan of the reworked perk system. I decided to rerun my throwing knife/katana build, with a sidearm as a back-up weapon, and additions like air dashing, finishers and deadeye gives the combat a beautiful synergy. I'm getting Team Fortress 2 Scout flashbacks of zooming across the battlefield.

also because I'm a big photomode slut, some pictures:

V635R85.png

Fp6U46V.png

Furj8kG.png

hQHjHRf.jpg

xlagXGa.jpg

Lastly I'm really enjoying FemV's voice work. Cherami Leigh manages to bring a more nuanced voice to the table. I didn't mind MaleV's voice, but it at times feels like it was trying to hard to be a badass. I am going to miss the Panam romance (and my Nomad V's lifepath dialogue choices) though, buuuut Streetkid is also giving some fun dialogue choices.

Edited by Matrelith
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Margot Robbed Me

Turning an old Cyberpunk 2077 portrait into a fictional magazine cover.

MDDoXm9.jpg

lWR2LyT.jpg

todd-howard-it-just-works.gif

• Like 3

I’ve had cyberpunk since launch but on ps4 and even then i thought it was a good game. I never finished it because i always said i wanted to get the full experience on next gen. 

finally upgraded and got ps5, upgraded cyberpunk and started a new playthrough so i will finally be finishing the game. I just want to say this game is one of the best games i have ever played, theres so much to do in the game and so many ways to do it. The lore is also amazing.

Finally beat the game, damn the endings i got were dark as hell. I loved it though gonna do another playthrough asap. I love this type of dark dystopian genre, if anyone knows of anything similar please let me know. Going to get the books as well

I just bought Cyberpunk on the PS4 as it was on discount at PS Store. Also saw that PS5 upgrade is for free. I created a female V and played the Street Kid Prologue mission. It´s cool but I will wait for the PS5 Slim Digital to drop. Just to have better performance an graphics.

How is PS5 doing compared to PC? I guees most pictures you post here is PC as the visuals are amazing. PS4 graphics is quite sh*tty.

Can't believe I never commented on the Phantom Liberty ending.

You know a game is well written when none of the endings feel 100% right. You just don't get a happy ending no matter what you do. All you get is varying degrees of bleak and self-doubt whether you could have or should have done something different.

And that is how it should be in a cyberpunk setting. You can't have a 100% happy ending in a dystopia. It would clash with the nature of the setting.

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

If there's one thing I'd want from this update, it's a bump in difficulty (if possible), because even at the hardest and with my current build, the AI just becomes bullet sponges:

Hmm wonder what else they could add. Not expecting anything major given they're now winding down the Cyberpunk team.

As for difficulty, I have a very OP build in my current save but if I bump it up to the max difficulty the game just becomes tedious. The AI aren't smarter, they just take sh*t tons of bullets. 

• Like 1

I've not watched the livestream, but it looks like they've added it to the metro system. Probs one of the most requested things people wanted in.

Pretty much every reasonable thing I wanted them to add bar vehicle customisation. Bit disappointed they never managed to get that in, assuming this is the last major content update for the game, but still some good new additions in 2.1. New bikes finally. :D

• Like 1

I just started a new playthrough with a female streetkid. I haven't done the heist, so I'm gonna wait for this update. Also, the update will break mods, so I'll have to wait for that to be patched up as well.

60 hours in and I just started the DLC. I read that you can do the intro and then return to Night City so that's what I'm planning for now. I reached act 3 in the main game so I got a lot of companion quests to do.

Also not sure if it intentional was or just a coincidence, but a sandstorm hit just when I approached the gate. 

aNHIfGa.png

17 hours ago, Matrelith said:

I read that you can do the intro and then return to Night City so that's what I'm planning for now.

I really like the way they've implemented Phantom Liberty - it's very seamless. You can intertwine the PL quests with the main story ones, and side quests, and it all just seems to mesh together.

• Like 1

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/49597/update-2-1-patch-notes

That's a really nice patch. Lots of good changes and additions.

Still no FSR3 and we know that is coming at some point, so there will be at least one more patch after this, though that doesn't mean it'll be a content patch or anything.

The new bikes look to be variants of the bikes currently in the game, which is okay, but it does make me wonder if vehicle customisation is not coming now. That'd be a shame, it's the one last thing I think I'd want that can be reasonably done with a patch (ie, no massive open world overhauls or anything), but it's not the end of the world. Being able to hang out with your waifus when ever you want is a very nice touch, as is being able to sit at bars and stuff.

Makes me sad once again that all this work is not going to be reused in the next game due to UE5 but hopefully they've learned that they need all this stuff in there day 1 for the next game.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

The new bikes look to be variants of the bikes currently in the game, which is okay, but it does make me wonder if vehicle customisation is not coming now.

Ah, I thought they were. It makes me wonder if we get any different variants of the CT-3X. IIRC, there's only one colour way that's in the game. I've even had mods that make it all black with white stickers. 🤷‍♂️

That is a serious list. I really respect their commitment to this game.

• Like 1

I was not expecting this much post release support, even after the crappy launch. Finally we get more motor bikes and replayable car races. 

Yea they're going the extra mile to regain some of their rep, which... ya'know, is the right thing to do and they've certainly accomplished in regaining back some good will.

Of course skepticism should still be thrown at them come TW4 but I'm hopeful the structural changes that came after the Cyberpunk launch disaster will help ensure we don't get a repeat of that.

For the next Cyberpunk, they know have a really good blueprint on what players want and expect, which should hopefully mean we get a much more fleshed out open world experience when ever that game comes out.

• Like 1

Word of warning, the update disables DLSS/FSR. All those are now hidden under a new setting at the top called resolution scaling or something like that.

Also if you have a mod that disables intro videos it was stopping the game from loading for me, so if that happens to anyone that might be the fix.

Only messed around for 20 mins but the date stuff is sweet and the bikes... oof. They were always by preferred way to travel in the game but they feel great now.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Only messed around for 20 mins but the date stuff is sweet

Not sweet - preem. The word we use here is preem, choom.

I really dig the slang, actually. I never mentioned that. Preem, choom, delta, gonk, flatline, corpo...

It gives the setting a unique and strong sense of authenticity.

Edited by Adam Jensen
  • Like 3

Yea the slang in the game is a highlight. It's often done bad in games, and sure some of it here is a lil cheesy or forced, but a lot of it feels natural. Love the word choom in particular lol.

I am enjoying the new patch from the 5th!

particularly being pursued by angry gangs en masse and using the ncart metro propertly!

On 12/5/2023 at 3:46 PM, Jason said:

Yea the slang in the game is a highlight. It's often done bad in games, and sure some of it here is a lil cheesy or forced, but a lot of it feels natural. Love the word choom in particular lol.

I say “lets delta” to one work colleague who plays

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.