Cyberpunk 2077

BullworthAcademy

The only thing in The Witcher that is even remotely close to tip toeing into the ball park of the original meaning of the word "woke" is the fact the shows casting is diverse in terms of the actors races, when the book to my knowledge is virtually entirely white. A fantasy show with multiple races having diverse actors is hardly offensive though. I've seen a lot of discussion around the show my self and I've never once seen it described seriously as "woke". There's no real basis for it.

It's sh*t like that which has completely destroyed any weight the word "woke" had in the past. Now it's nothing more than "I didn't like it, so it's woke".

Again, the vast majority of the shows criticism comes from it's completely disregard of the source material, with the showrunner publicly declaring she had no interest in it. At that point the IP is being used as nothing more than a title card, it's not a true adaptation of the books (or games) people loved. This was made worse by the fact they recruited a universally liked Hollywood star to lead the show, said star who just happened to be a super fan of The Witcher who the showrunner seemingly pissed off and she her self reportedly mocked. When you do that to the main reason most people watched the show, because no Witcher fan was watching it for a faithful adaptation of the lore because it wasn't one, it's no surprise the showrunner her self then receives criticism.

If someone has then later tried to bring "wokeness" into that criticism then those people are idiots.

• Like 4

Casting about a third of the cast as black or Indian, making Dandelion suddenly gay, having most of the first season about Yennefer fighting the patriarchy...totally not woke.  The f*ck are you smoking dude lol

Edited by Slappy212
  • Bruh 1

Cluckin Bell CEO
1 hour ago, Slappy212 said:

Casting about a third of the cast as black or Indian, making Dandelion suddenly gay, having most of the first season about Yennefer fighting the patriarchy...totally not woke.  The f*ck are you smoking dude lol

There's literally 2 characters that are black and indian

and the girl playing Yennifer is actually half-white

and Dandelion did give off gay vibes in the game

Themanwiththeplan
3 hours ago, Darth_Cruiser said:

Gay vibes? The dude was the Charlie Harper of the Witcher universe lol. 

OPQxo.png

This Cyberpunk 2077 Live-Action project, Keanu Reeves will be part of it I guess? I prefer it being a new story like they did with Edgerunners (what I heard, haven't watched it), with references but it says "Live-Action" so it's the same story probably, just with story cuts/differences they do when it comes to that, at least for anime/manga live action adaptations, I don't know what they do with games just assuming it's similar?

Around 2026-2027, around that time I think they will announce the next game, or perhaps way later in 2030? They should take their time. They also have another Witcher game which will be first probably.

Edited by 44Orca

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

5 hours ago, Slappy212 said:

Casting about a third of the cast as black or Indian

Extremely hyperbolic statement that has completely undermined any argument you've tried to make while showing your true colours.

making Dandelion suddenly gay

Sure, he only has straight relationships in the books and games. That's a change. It's hardly a leap for his character in the show though, is it?

having most of the first season about Yennefer fighting the patriarchy...totally not woke.

What on earth are you on about lmao. I'll admit that most of Yenn's story in s1-2, much like any characters story, gets dragged out massively, but that's a problem with the writing in general and not exclusive to Yenn - or any specific female character in the show. I'd expect a fan of the books or games to personally take more issue with the fact that Geralt doesn't do much at all in s1, or the way they handled the Witcher's in s2, but no, the issue you have to point out is one of the story arcs that's led by a female.

So yea, if this is the best you can come up it's exactly what I suspected. Someone not liking something and using the whole "woke" garbage to push a personal agenda. The classic "anti-woke" tactic.

47 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

This Cyberpunk 2077 Live-Action project, Keanu Reeves will be part of it I guess?

AFAIK CDPR confirmed it's a new story. Not a live action adaptation of the game or Edgerunners show.

22 hours ago, Darth_Cruiser said:

That is not even remotely true. Triss, Yennefer, Fringilla and most others were race swapped. Try reading the books my dude. 

17 hours ago, Jason said:

Extremely hyperbolic statement that has completely undermined any argument you've tried to make while showing your true colours.

Sure, he only has straight relationships in the books and games. That's a change. It's hardly a leap for his character in the show though, is it?

What on earth are you on about lmao. I'll admit that most of Yenn's story in s1-2, much like any characters story, gets dragged out massively, but that's a problem with the writing in general and not exclusive to Yenn - or any specific female character in the show. I'd expect a fan of the books or games to personally take more issue with the fact that Geralt doesn't do much at all in s1, or the way they handled the Witcher's in s2, but no, the issue you have to point out is one of the story arcs that's led by a female.

So yea, if this is the best you can come up it's exactly what I suspected. Someone not liking something and using the whole "woke" garbage to push a personal agenda. The classic "anti-woke" tactic.

AFAIK CDPR confirmed it's a new story. Not a live action adaptation of the game or Edgerunners show.

The second you argue that Jaskier being gay makes sense, is when I don't take you seriously. The man is a total womaniser in the books and you think making him gay is lore friendly? Lmao. Get out of here.

Edited by Slappy212

That is not even remotely true. Triss, Yennefer, Fringilla and most others were race swapped. Try reading the books my dude. 

It's a fantasy show with fantasy races. The books are virtually entirely white, yes, but the show having a more diverse cast than the books is not offensive and not "woke". Ii is offensive if you want it to be, though.

The second you argue that Jaskier being gay makes sense, is when I don't take you seriously. The man is a total womaniser in the books and you think making him gay is lore friendly? Lmao. Get out of here.

He's bisexual, not gay. Is the relationship great writing? Probably not, but that's a theme w/ the show in general. Is it a huge leap for the character? Also probably not. It's only a big deal if you make it one.

Again, if Jaskier (cause the race thing is lol) is the best you've got for labeling a show and a showrunner "woke" then "Lmao. Get out of here.".

I wanna be a clear, I'm not a fan of the showrunner too, she's the showrunner for a show based on an established IP with a core fanbase and she shows total contempt for the IP she's been gifted with for her first show as the showrunner. She was also given a universally beloved actor, who was also a superfan of the books. Despite that, she's wasted all the potential the show had, but the show being a failure has nothing to do with Jaskier being bisexual or the cast not being exclusively all white. Cause only a bigot would argue both of those things.

This is a Cyberpunk thread and yall are talking about god awful The Witcher tv show, please take your argument else please

Back on topic and after finishing Phantom Liberty and trying out the new ending, if a future game doesn't have the guy who 

Spoiler

Mugs V

and doesn't let me slaughter him, then I am going to be so mad... if that ending in canon that is

OXae2pE.png

Such an elegant yet deadly vehicle. I love it.

• Like 1

R2z2IPX.png

I don't think I've driven that yet. Though the Quadra Sport R-7 Vigilante you got for pre-ordering is pretty neat, even though cars still feel like they're skating on ice half the time.

Yeah the driving is still awful. I don't know if it's an engine issue or CDPR just not knowing how to do vehicle handling, but damn.

Cars look cool though, so points for that.

R2z2IPX.png

The sportier cars feel slip and slidy still but some feel pretty solid.

The heavier and slower vehicles feel pretty damn decent to drive in my experience, but they fell into the trap of making the sporty stuff really skittish and twitchy to try and imitate light and direct steering. The problem is that works when you're racing but when you're just driving it feels horrible. Modern GTAO super cars are guilty of it too, the older GTAO supercars and the best of the modern ones have more weighty handling but have what feels like more downforce at the back, so it's not twitchy but you can take corners at speed cause the backend is planted.

yesterday i finished my phantom liberty story (beat the main game story many months ago)

i wont spoil sth, my ending in phantom liberty was kinda tough/emotional, but i feel like i (=V) did the right thing and i feel like it was a good/"happy" ending

i am really sad that now my time in night city is coming to an end

i am happy to see maaaany new people giving the game a chance and loving it

cyberpunk 2077 is still easily one of my top 5 games i ever played in my life, i can just tell everyone to atleast give it a try

• Best Bru 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Got Phantom Liberty. Wanted it so I could get a few more cars into the Autofixer catalog...ended up playing the campaign for 3+ hours, already fell in love with a few characters. Had to force myself to stop so I could focus back on the base game storyline. Managed to get this sexy thing tho:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also ended up downloading a mod that changes V's body a little. Got so used to RDO's creator, kinda sad that I couldn't give him a brawny body of some sort in the creator. By the way, any car customization mods that you guys would recommend? I like how most cars have an unique color once you buy them, but it gets kinda boring to look at after a while. Thanks!

Dunno, really, you could get Virtual Car Dealer downloaded. But then you'll need some car mods for it. Best to check on Nexus to see what's been updated and whatnot.

Or, for bikes I use Yaiba Kusanagi color variations, the one in black without the stickers looks sick. You'll need Material and Texture Override for it to work, though.

• Like 2

Never even got close to completing Cyberpunk 2077 the first time i played through it. Had some 43 hours in it but I got way too sidetracked by the photo mode, the world and the side gigs. 2.0 seemed like the perfect time to start a new playthrough and I needed a break from Starfield anyway so I bit the bullet and picked up phantom liberty as well for good measure.

I'm doing corpo and trying to focus on a melee build this time around. But one thing that continues to awe me is how good the character models and the NPC models are. Now that the bugs have been mostly ironed out you really can take in the beauty of the game world. The improved character models are especially apparent when you come from Starfield (no disrespect meant to Starfield at all, it's one of the most fun games I have ever played but it's still a Bethesda game haha):

hPlg6eK.png

4OGysaa.png

CXXEkoZ.png

VCJfkcG.png

Really can't wait to get stuck into this.

Edited by Ducard
  • Like 2

On 10/9/2023 at 8:02 PM, Tacymist said:

Yeah the driving is still awful. I don't know if it's an engine issue or CDPR just not knowing how to do vehicle handling, but damn.

Cars look cool though, so points for that.

It's their first time, I guess. I do think it's gotten much better with 2.0, though. The cars I've driven feel a lot more responsive and predictable when sliding, and more weighty. The car designs deserve all the praise - they're spectacular I think. The new handful of cars they added keep the same high standard I think - and all the upgraded engine sounds were much needed and sound really good.

Small photo dump from my new 2.0 playthrough, with everything on Ultra + Path Tracing and RR. Doesn't look perfect in all scenarios, but it's the first time since they added Path Tracing that I've thoroughly enjoyed playing the game exclusively with this setting permanently on. :)

(Oh, and sorry for it being 50% Judy-pics xD)

az_punk23_001.jpg

az_punk23_002.jpg

az_punk23_003.jpg

az_punk23_004.jpg

az_punk23_005.jpg

az_punk23_006.jpg

I have a question and according to google, no one has this problem but me, at least that's how I feel since googling it has given me no results on this matter, hoping maybe someone here will have an answer.

When I idle in my car with the radio on, after a few seconds the radio volume goes real low and sounds muffled, it doesn't go back to normal unless I start driving. Does anyone know why this happens? It has always done this btw, been playing the game since release and this was always an issue. 

R2z2IPX.png

28 minutes ago, Tacymist said:

I have a question and according to google, no one has this problem but me, at least that's how I feel since googling it has given me no results on this matter, hoping maybe someone here will have an answer.

When I idle in my car with the radio on, after a few seconds the radio volume goes real low and sounds muffled, it doesn't go back to normal unless I start driving. Does anyone know why this happens? It has always done this btw, been playing the game since release and this was always an issue. 

Hmm, like this? Does it happen in first person as well?

No, it just happens in third person and now I see why. I never drive in first person, so I thought this was some bug, but it looks like it was intentional. 

This is such a stupid, nonsensical detail that ultimately makes no sense considering the radio still plays clearly when driving in third person, but not when parked. I wish they at least allowed mods on console so that I could correct dumb stuff like this.

Thanks for the reply though, this solved a mystery that's been bothering me for ages now.

R2z2IPX.png

I was going to say, yeah, that it's probably intentional. Kinda like what you'd hear if you were standing outside of a car blasting the radio with the windows up, lol.

Nice little hidden-ish detail.

Not nice at all tbh. 

R2z2IPX.png

I can get away with it. It's something so subtle that I've never really noticed it all that often. But there should at least be a setting or something on consoles if it gets on your wick, yep.

Themanwiththeplan

Do you guys drive in first person mode? I seem to be able to drive the default Nomad car in first person but i struggle with everything else and end up switching to the other view. 

OPQxo.png

cant remember

I drive in 3rd person just mainly because it's easier to see. The game is starting to grow on me, just got into it after the 2.0 patch and everyone said it was good now.

The in-game world and map are amazing, the distant view of Night City when you're in the desert is amazing and the map feels very large and detailed, without wasted space. Even the dessert serves its purpose to me, it's a very nice area to just be able to gun it with your car while seeing NC as the backdrop. Also the map isn't an island, I also appreciate that.

The only thing I still hope they will improve on is the jankiness of the AI cars. When you're driving the physics are awesome, but AI traffic physics don't apply, cars still just pass through eachother and drive weirdly fast while stuck on rails (a little bit like the highways in SA). The mission with the selfdriving cab trying to chase you also looked very messy, he turned back 180 without having to maneuvre (like a vehicle in a strategy game), teleported or phased through buildings without "crashing" into them. Another area where AI cars look very janky is when you're a passenger in one, it feels very on rails without any physics or suspension affecting the car driving you.

If they can clean that up a bit in a future patch then Cyberpunk would be a contemporary to GTA/RDR for me.

• Like 1

Finally got into the PL stuff after starting a new save for 2.0, and really enjoying it so far. They've really outdone themselves.

Also been trying to do some vertical shots, and this one came out quite nice:

az_punk23_020.jpg

Ah, they fixed the bloody bugged timer on the vehicle contract missions w/ today's 2.02 patch. I'll happily do more of them now. 👍

• Like 3

I plan on getting PS5 Slim as soon as avaiable and CP2077 could be my first game on it. Is it worth on PS5?

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.