Cyberpunk 2077

BullworthAcademy

My thoughts on Phantom Liberty's story, which I've yet to complete since I'm finishing up some side stuff in the base game, took a bit of a break as I wanted to savour it. But it's at least on par with Witcher 3's HoS. If not better, it's been one hell of a rollercoaster so far and screams quality writing throughout. Solomon Reed in particular is excellent, I think, and I prefer him waaay more than Silverhand, which isn't that hard of a choice for because of how out of place some of his scenes were in the main game. Though... as a final expansion, it's not quite there on Blood and Wine levels for me, at least.

Content wise, I just wish there were more gigs, those really do shine in PL and make the ones in Night City seem a bit shallow now, lol.

• Like 1

I just can't get into this game ... I tried it for 6 hours now but it doesn't click with me. I uninstalled it again. Oh well ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lndex said:

Content wise, I just wish there were more gigs, those really do shine in PL and make the ones in Night City seem a bit shallow now, lol.

Haven't touched the story yet beyond the intro but have done some of the gigs but yep, I hope they take what they did w/ Dogtown as the foundation of Cyberpunk 2 in terms of side content.

Also I hope they take the NCPD assaults and turn them from checklist one and done things to endlessly spawning assaults that come and go, that'll help the world feel a bit more alive and dynamic vs everything feeling like it's waiting for you to come to it. I also think the side boss dungeon type things they have in Dogtown, the three skulls ones, could probably be the same. Again make it pure random like you drive through the hood and there's a house full of Scav's or whatever and you can clear them out, but if you don't do it there and then it'll go away and may respawn later. The game needs more endlessly replayable content like that, stuff to do no matter where you are in the story. Bethesda games do that relatively well IMO. It aint super deep content, but it's nice to have and do on your travels and while exploring and stuff like that.

Then go for gigs like Dogtown's. They aren't too much longer than some of the base game ones but there are actual characters and actual choices to make and on top of that they are the best example of gigs in the game where it makes you feel like you're actually doing work for/with the fixers. Quality over quantity if you have to, but that is 100% the route they should be going.

More stuff like car jackings and airdrops as well. I know the latter is a bit Battle Royale but I'm sure, if the next game is in NC, you could do something with that zone outside the border beyond Pacifica where you can go out and there's air drops and sh*t.

Also no car customisation of any sort still is still a big miss. I'm not even asking for GTA/SR type stuff either, I'd just love to be able to swap my cars for the other versions of cars that you see. The new six wheel SUV is amazing but I'd like the crewcab version you can find on the street.

But yea, it does feel like CDPR sorta figured out what they should be doing with the game for PL. It's why I'm a bit sad this is the only expansion, cause I think they finally got into a good place with what they should be doing and what players want, but now we'll have to wait probably 4 or 5 years for the next one. Really happy they're making a sequel though cause honestly... Night City is just f*cking incredible. Interactivity is of course an issue but just as a city it's the best there has ever been in a game by a mile.

Anyway, I'm chipping away through the main story and some side content here and there, about to go meet Panam for the first time and play out that story line, then I'll probably start messing more with the Dogtown story. It just doesn't feel quite right to do Dogtown's main story immediately after Transmission if you've done nothing else tbh.

• Like 3

LegendaryLocoPengPeng
On 9/29/2023 at 8:11 PM, Emmi said:

I just can't get into this game ... I tried it for 6 hours now but it doesn't click with me. I uninstalled it again. Oh well ...

I had the exact same problem with it 🤷‍♂️

If I had a nickel for every time an open world game let me ride a motorcycle with a katana, I would have two nickels. That's not a lot, but it's funny that it happened twice.

rZdCzHc.jpg

74FwaAI.jpg

• Like 2

I haven't got the DLC yet, I'll play it eventually but I am more excited for what the next game will be and how much more detailed the city is going to be. Maybe not up for discussion yet ..? 'sry for my poor English

I prefer if the game has more taller buildings (bigger downtown area) and the city being a lot more "complicated" in how it looks more than 2077 (along of course with the npc AI).

Going to be possible with the next gen (not ps5). Just so they can block more the sun, and way more futuristic, without any older buildings as  much present.

Night City was designed really really well, have we seen a game doing this before? Personally I haven't seen a city in a game as this detailed and realistic in terms of buildings, how the "props/objects?" are placed and such, and it did capture the futuristic dystopia part so well.

Just want the next one to have more of the futuristic part if you get what I mean. (and to add, Cyberpunk2077 I think the only reason it didn't felt as real is the npcs which is the only thing most criticize, but everything else is just so immersive)..

Spoiler

The outside areas in my opinion served not much purpose here ? it did make the game more unique with environment and did fit with everything else (story, side gigs but other than that?).  I just don't want any in the next one, anyone else?

The teaser trailer for Cyberpunk2077 gave a different feel back when I watched it than the trailer from like 2018, thought the protagonist is this character we see there that is recruited, the CG city part looks slightly more detailed to me but you can still find the downtown very well designed as I mentioned above (I usually like to freeroam there) but for me it's not the same. Maybe it's just me.

anw you get the point I am trying to make, I want more of the feel of this area, huge buildings, far more narrow corners, a lot more "bluish" in color, less sun.

And then comes all the rest, some areas being way more crowded, realistic interactions/AI, flying vehicles etc.

9ke4rpD.png

7yTDvUU.png

---

BgTI0Yi.png

I mostly play the game at night, I just don't like morning at all. Game looks as amazing don't get me wrong here.

edit: just saw your reply Jason, the last sentence about the sequel, I said it too in my post though you said it better there

Edited by 44Orca
  • Like 1

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

cant remember
On 9/29/2023 at 8:11 PM, Emmi said:

I gave up on the game in a mission where the enemies kept remotely setting me on fire and killing me, and I couldn't understand how to stop it. After the v2 patch I picked it up again where my save was and they stopped draining my health even when no enemy/camera could see me.

On 9/29/2023 at 6:11 PM, Emmi said:

I have the opposite problem. I can't stop playing it.

2 hours ago, cant remember said:

I gave up on the game in a mission where the enemies kept remotely setting me on fire and killing me, and I couldn't understand how to stop it.

Are you using the Dezerter shotgun by any chance? If so, read its description. Or it's Netrunners, best to just dispose of them as soon as possible.

On 10/3/2023 at 8:25 AM, 44Orca said:

I mostly play the game at night

Me too. I almost exclusively play at night. Seeing the game during the day is like a surprise. It's like another game. 

I read somewhere that you can find Solomon before you even start playing the DLC. He operates out in the wild. If that's true, that's f*cking cool. Anyone hear anything about this? 

Themanwiththeplan
Just now, Mister Pink said:

Me too. I almost exclusively play at night. Seeing the game during the day is like a surprise. It's like another game. 

I read somewhere that you can find Solomon before you even start playing the DLC. He operates out in the wild. If that's true, that's f*cking cool. Anyone hear anything about this? 

Yes. I saw a video clip of someone finding him. He is not named Solomon but it is defo him. He is named "Bouncer" when you find him. I cannot remember where i saw the video clip. 

• Realistic Steak! 1

OPQxo.png

34 minutes ago, Themanwiththeplan said:

Yes. I saw a video clip of someone finding him. He is not named Solomon but it is defo him. He is named "Bouncer" when you find him. I cannot remember where i saw the video clip. 

Brilliant. Wonder if he's there in the vanilla game 2.0 update too.

Sounds like the 2.01 update is out tomorrow.

Lowkey hoping for FSR3 support but it might be a bit too soon for that? We'll see, but there's a couple of bugs I hope they can fix. There's some issues with Cyberware slots that are very iffy, like sometimes uninstalling cyberware doesn't return the slots.

I see they're doing performance fixes specifically around Dogtown, which was needed. I tend to get quite significant frame drops at times.

And the quiet radio stations, which was very annoying.

Yea gonna have to reset my audio settings as I tweaked it cause of the quiet radios. Dogtown performance was pretty fine for me once I dialed the SSR down to high, I think I'm averaging like 90fps or something but I have it locked at 70 for the consistency and it's been great.

FSR3 though would be nice to mess with, the frame rate gains from it are very, very impressive. Some concerns over input lag (particularly for m+kb) given there's no anti lag+ support for nVidia hardware but I have heard you can force Reflex through SpecialK with FSR3 on.

Need to get back into my save though, last time I played I had just done the Hellman arc and am thinking of starting the PL stuff proper possibly after I've done Panam's stuff, but I've been distracted by the new Fifa of all things, lol.

I've got all my settings mainly on ultra, with DLSS performance locked at 70 fps. It's fine until I get into the main Dogtown area. Though turning down the traffic density helps a hell of a lot.

And I'm like, midway through the Phantom Liberty story, I just love the whole spy-thriller setting. Sneaking around on one mission was cool, and I got the most appropriate pistol given for that mission (prolly my fav pistol so far). I'll say there's quite a fair bit of the storyline I prefer over the base game.

Edited by lndex

Do you have any RT on? SSR maxed? I'm getting capped 70 p much everywhere outside of very select areas (Dogtown market for example is 60-70) on DLSS quality with the latest HUB optimised settings on a 3070. I was running SSR maxed out for a while but saw in the HUB video that the grainyness wasn't really an issue anymore, perhaps I'm just less annoyed by it or perhaps they improved it, but tuning SSR down from max to high is like a flat 20fps boost so either way I'm living with it, lol.

No RT, mainly all ultra w/ SSR on psycho. I'll try HUB's settings tomorrow and see what that's like. They have 100% changed SSR. It's no longer grainy on anything below ultra.

Edited by lndex

Picked it up back in 2020 but never really got into the game. Waited for 2.0 to come out and I'm so tempted to get the DLC. I think one of my favorite things aside from the combat mechanics are the cars, the team behind the designs is f*cking awesome! (Photo mode is pretty neat as well)

spacer.png

Few more pics below, just so I don't mess up the convo:

Spoiler

HgEHLcr.png

LkLvAle.png

rxFZUhg.png

• Like 2

Yeah, they nailed the vehicle designs. I've gushed over that since day 1, lol. They also sound noticeably better now. Something I picked up on when I first started 2.0.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 2

There's still some issues with handling and in some vehicles sound (stuff like revving too high too quick, gear changes too often) but the actual design of the vehicles is incredible. The new six wheel jeep is ballin' inside too, love driving that thing just to cruise about in first person. Also love the new car they added, the sports car, that has that horizontal lightbar for a headlight on the front. It's like a Diablo/Countach type thing, it looks great.

Also the luxury cars like the Rayfield's look fantastic, the whole screen windows thing they have is really cool.

It's the only game that isn't a R* game where I think the vehicles actually look good. Saints Row had good customisation but their vehicle design always felt like the wish.com version of GTA, like they were trying to do GTA-y type designs but didn't want to look like they were copying R*'s homework. CDPR on the other hand just knocked it out the park, the art design and direction in the game in general is fantastic.

There's also the fact that there's a lack of bikes. One gig in DT rewards you with one for taking a certain path, so I was quite gutted when I found out later on in my five-hour save. Not exactly the best-looking bike, but because there's only a handful, it's worth getting.

Yea the lack of bikes is meh, I'm a bit disappointed they never added any new models in PL. It'd be less of a problem if they had customisation cause there's quite a few variants of the... three(?) bikes in the game, but alas no customisation yet. I know they're "done" with the game outside of fixes and perhaps a few more things, so I hope vehicle customisation is one of those few more things. Nothing fancy or complicated is needed, even if it would be nice, but just let us pick from the various variants the vehicles already have.

• Like 1

Be aware

Cyberbug 2077 strikes back

It looks like someone messed up, xbox didnt get the 2.01 update, but a messed up 2.0.0.5 update

I already saw people on reddit/twitter talking about how it can completely destroy your game! (Corrupt saves, deletes whole game, etc pp)

I would suggest you dont touch the game at all until they fixed this madness

• excuseme 1

This could actually end up being decent. Anonymous has had involvement with drama series such as Mr. Robot and True Detective. Orrr... It could end up being another Witcher fiasco🤞

It would be hard to Witcher the Cyberpunk franchise I think, there is of course source material but it's much more flexible than the Witcher's. The most important thing to get right is Night City it's self and how difficult that is depends on when the project will be set I'd guess, they can set it in the "current day" where they can use the real world and just add a layer of cyberpunk on it or will they set it in 2077 where the whole city, clothing, cars etc has to be completely bespoke be it practical or CG?

I'm down for it if they can really nail Night City and the actual cyberpunk stuff, but a modern day show with a layer of cyberpunk would be a bit meh.

• Like 2

There's a lot of potential with the setting. These guys have a great resume unlike Netflix and Lauren Hissrich who is a woke hacktivist. 

It's all well and good calling her a "woke hacktivist" and all but her work has never once been described as woke. The Witcher, while not terrible by any means, ultimately failed to get anywhere near it's potential because she had literally zero respect for the source material to the point that it alienated the shows literal selling point, Henry Cavill.

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's all well and good calling her a "woke hacktivist" and all but her work has never once been described as woke. The Witcher, while not terrible by any means, ultimately failed to get anywhere near it's potential because she had literally zero respect for the source material to the point that it alienated the shows literal selling point, Henry Cavill.

Uhhh...lots of people, most Witcher fans in fact, described the Netflix series as woke. 

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.