Cyberpunk 2077

BullworthAcademy

16 hours ago, Jason said:

I've not played with male V but female V is really, really well performed IMO. Some really good stuff there in the more sincere moments of V's story.

Also, Judy. ☺️

Panam's romance is probably a top tier romance in gaming in my books, so I'm really curous how Judy's romance will be in comparison. 

Far as I can remember, the romance Judy subplot was a bit short-lived, or at least the buildup was compared to Panam? Like, the only thing about  them as well is that they don't really have that much of an impact on the world outside of those romance encounters and the game's endings... But it'll always be Judy for me."Pyramid Song" is just an overall memorable questline.

The Judy romance is very personal arc 100%. It's just you and her for most of it.

For Panam as fem V you do get a cool sort of bestfriend arc with her, it's good from what I remember.

River's is the sorta awkward one if you don't romance him, he comes onto you pretty hard from what I remember lol. His side story is pretty fantastic though - and they did finally update that famous picture.

But yea overall they're all good from what I remember and have heard. The character driven story parts of Cyberpunk are straight up 10/10 for me and have been since launch, the game never lacked in those areas. CDPR's writing is very good and the performances they get out of the cast just take it to the next level, even the early stuff like when you let the conversation at Clouds play out with the doll is stuff you rarely see in other games.

That's... a gooooooooood trailer. 

I'm pretty much ready to go I think, I did Transmission yesterday which from what I've heard is what opens up the Phantom Liberty start. I've heard that apparently some main game characters can appear in the DLC too so it's potentially worth doing some more of the main story? Idk, there is only really two characters I'd wanna interact with in PL from the main game and I doubt either will show up given their story (Judy and Takemura) so I'm certainly not gonna grind the story out until I have to meet Hanako at Embers or anything. Plus I wanna be able to enjoy all the new toys and content that come with PL in a big chunk of the main game as well.

Anywho, working my through the blunt weapon melee tree at the moment, unlocked the charge ability and quake and quake in particular is bonkers lmao, it just knocks everyone down and does mega damage. Also got the recipe for the Sovereign shotgun I think it's called, a double-barreled shotgun that has a 100% crit chance at point blank. Coupled with the dash and my Miltech Sandevistan I'm dashing into people point blank, one shotting, dashing out, dashing into someone else, one shotting. It's 👌.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I've heard that apparently some main game characters can appear in the DLC too so it's potentially worth doing some more of the main story?

I think there are a few. Lizzy Whizzy is one of them. There's also holocall avatars of what could be returning characters in the reward goodies that you get from GOG, so that's pretty interesting. Each one of them has their own Phantom Liberty theme as well.

Here's one of Judy's, which I don't believe isn't ever used in the base game:

Spoiler

CP77_MyRewards_avatar_400x400_Judy_holoc

Yea I couldn't give a f*ck about Lizzy Wizzy. :lol:

That Judy pic:

Spoiler

Is a bit odd, looks like from when she was younger, there's no tattoos and the hair is obviously different. I've been working through her story already so if she does feature and there's some trigger to make that happen (if that's even how it works) then hopefully I've already hit it. Plus I'll be doing her quests as they come up anyway cause they're great.

Yeah, I have no idea if you would perhaps need to grind them out to trigger them or what. If you ask me, it's best to do so.

There are a few more, like Rogue, River, Kerry, and Panam. I'm really hoping it won't just be the bloody holocall's though, and they do actually make an appearance. Either that, or they're linked to the new base game ending? 🤷‍♂️

For some it makes really no sense for them to feature tbh. Like Judy's whole point is staying the hell away from trouble and ultimately getting out of NC. No reason she'd ever go to Pacifca really, so I doubt she'll show up. Same for a lot of characters tbh.

For those characters it might be a case of PL adds some new interactions outside of Dogtown, new dialogue or new texts/calls or w/e.

Oh man, just a lure grenade. Throw it down on a group, lure them all in and then jump off the top rope and quake into them, hit my sandevistan and shotgun/smack the rest. They're all dead by the time they recover from the slam.

Lore be damned, this is the type of progression they should be aiming for in all their games going forward. No more garbage +damage % skill tree stuff.

2 hours ago, lndex said:

New Phantom Liberty trailer. Honestly can't wait for tonight!

niice. Really looking forward to playing it now, I was pretty disappointed with CP, and I played it more than 1 year after release. Time for me to finally get off my ass and get me my new PC, it'll be a whole different experience because of that alone.                                                                                                              

But after this article I'm wavering again if I should really go with the 7900XTX or crawl back to Nvidia.                                                     

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-dlss-35-tested-ai-powered-graphics-leaves-competitors-behind      

What are your recommended builds? I was thinking Sniper with some hacking/Katana action sprinkled in.                                     

Edited by Candy_Licker

~5 hours left for me, energy drinks are ready for a long night

i remember having no clue what kind of game cyberpunk will be, it got my attention because everyone was hyped about it, and in the end i was overwhelmed with the game and after i finished it i reeeaallly hoped to get a DLC one day despite the disastrous launch, because playing through the story and experiencing the city and all the characters was 150hours+ of fun and emotions for me!

i put my V to his well deserved rest back in 2022 when i finished the game, with 2.0 i prepared everything for the upcoming adventure i will experience again with V, cant wait for this, lets gooo!

So the whole characters can show up in PL thing I think is more about the new ending than the expansion's main story its self. I think we're seeing people who've played it go "yea yea, do all the side stuff first" more so because they just so happen to have done it that way themselves. But it sounds like they're just a part of the new ending, which makes sense given that's how the OG endings are lol.

It's officially out! At least this time, GOG isn't making me download the full game again. 

The intro mission was a f*cking ride and a half.

Everything about this really feels like CDPR firing on all cylinders so far. The story, the set pieces, the environments, the market... All brilliant in the early stages.

I'm currently in the market, and there's been a lot of small, detailed things going on around me, which I thought was cool. A lotta hidden cyberware shards, clothing, etc to find. Dogtown, well, the market area is visually pleasing as well. I'm almost certain it's had a bump in visuals, or it's the art style they've gone for. I'm v eager to jump back in!

Yea that platformer intro has a bunch of hidden loot, also be sure to check the food, aid and junk vendors in the markets, they have some good stuff too.

There's definitely been a visual bump I think and the populated areas of Dogtown are quite a lot harder on performance than literally anywhere in the main game. The atmospheric stuff at play in Dogtown in general does seem better or more abundant though, more fog, more/better lighting, more NPC's, more props, more detail etc, it looks fantastic even w/o any RT. Also while I've literally only dabbled in it so far it might not look like a huge location when you look at it on the map but iit feels quite massive when you're in it because of the scale and verticality of it.

I found my first car to steal late last night that took me out of town, I'll be finishing up Judy's quest line while I'm out of Dogtown but I'll be heading straight back in. I wanna explore as much as anything, I'm wondering how much stuff they've hidden away with all the verticality. I already found an Iconic SMG behind a locked door I ripped open.

I'm taking it quite slow again because of all the changes in 2.0, and if I already liked Cyberpunk 2077 at launch, I think I like it even more now. The new update rewards exploration all over again with the changed mechanics, and some of the improved visuals (character models, parts of global illumination even in non-RT modes, etc) make it all worth to stare at again. I started a new playthrough because of this with a brand-new Street Kid V, and while I'm not yet at the point where I can start Phantom Liberty, I'm almost there - until then, to use browser extensions to shield myself from spoilers.

Also, that PL preorder car is quite something, love its handling, and I'm glad Johnny's face is quite a bit less... flat :p 

photomode_26092023_013640.png

• Like 2

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

21 hours ago, Candy_Licker said:

niice. Really looking forward to playing it now, I was pretty disappointed with CP, and I played it more than 1 year after release. Time for me to finally get off my ass and get me my new PC, it'll be a whole different experience because of that alone.                                                                                                              

But after this article I'm wavering again if I should really go with the 7900XTX or crawl back to Nvidia.                                                     

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-dlss-35-tested-ai-powered-graphics-leaves-competitors-behind                         

That depends on whether or not you want RTX Overdrive.

FSR3 is soon(tm), which could open up the doors for high end raytracing on AMD and non-4000 series cards. FSR's image quality in all the current versions is not as good as DLSS though.

Dogtown so far is... it feels next-gen, more so than any game I've played to date. The level of detail in the environments is a step above the normal game and it's not like the normal game is lacking in that area either. The density of everything, the verticality... It's a really f*cking cool place.

There's also an absolutely mad amount of loot lol, it's quite rewarding so far to just explore. The air drops also are really, really worth doing as well.

• Like 1

Yeah, CDPR has intentionally hidden loot in every nook and cranny, it seems, which would be ok if the clothing was actually decent enough, but they're a bit meh.

I'm 100% going to take my time with the main story, chill, and do some gigs for a bit. I'm already a bit broke and want to save on a new bike. Also working my way into some new cyberware, and now that I can up my cyberware capacity.

Fashion in Dogtown was described by one of the vendors as practical and it's definitely that lol. Lot of military type stuff, cargos, etc. Still some good fashionable stuff in there though.

At my level the stuff is often legendary though cause of the way item scaling works now, so it's a very nice source of legendry crafting materials. Pre-PL I was thinking it's probably a bit too easy to make money but it's clear they had an eye on Dogtown's economy for that, some expensive stuff in there - new vehicles to buy as well although you can earn discounts on those.

• Like 1

I've been hearing a lot of positive things from the Phantom Liberty release, glad to see Cyberpunk finally get the mainstream recognition it deserves. I haven't really had the time to really dive into my new character, but the few hours I did play felt very good. I'm looking forward to another playthrough.

eIOl7Tu.png

2mhKcVu.png

Also tweaked her looks a bit. Fem V's posture is... dayum 🙃

So yeah, what I thought would be returning characters in Phantom Liberty is indeed not the case, but playing a massive part in this new game ending from what I heard, it's apparently bittersweet.

There is the odd call and text from some though in PL, which is a nice touch to be keeping in the loop w/ them.

Yea there's really just no way to have characters like Judy, River and Panam show up in the PL story its self in a way that isn't some ??? force. It makes no sense for them to even go to Dogtown, let alone get involved in the story that is happening.

Yeah, I thought more along the lines of outside of Dogtown based on if you've tied their quests up or not, idk.

TheOriginalGunslinger

Without going more detailed into spoiler territory there is a nod to Escape from New York in Phantom Liberty in one quest which is pretty cool

Regarding Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty itself it looks f*cking gorgeous with NVIDIA and their AI-powered DLSS 3.5 tech plus Ray Tracing Overdrive Mode giving the best visual experiences I’ve seen in PC gaming. Holy sh*t

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Yeah, it's mental how a game that was flawed at the beginning is now a tech demo for Nvidia. I've honestly enjoyed playing it without any RT enabled. I do, however, prefer more normal rasterized lighting in Cyberpunk, which still looks very nice.

• Like 1

The games non-RT lighting is very, very good IMO. I did some comparisons of my own plus watched the Hardware Unboxed optimised setting video and honestly I'd say leave RT lighting off unless you have access to frame gen. Sometimes RT lighting looks better like with the "aura" around certain lights but often it looks about the same and in some select cases it can look worse, either way it's not IMO worth the significant performance hit. Noticed the guide also recommends SSR medium and made no mention of the grainyness so maybe that got fixed/improved? Gonna have to dabble with that my self later cause the performance hit for SSR psycho is pretty mega it looks like, so might be worth changing that for me.

Of course all this is meaningless if you can utilize pathtracing, as that does look incredible. FSR3 would've been nice for 2.0/PL's launch but I'm not expecting miracles from FSR3's frame gen tbh, AMD have been quite coy on it and FSR's image quality is pretty poor compared to DLSS, but we'll see.

• Like 1

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.