Cyberpunk 2077

BullworthAcademy

They've even re-done how Silverhand looks. He actually looks like Keanu now, not as squinty-eyed, hell of a lot more rough looking.

There's supposedly a bunch of new dialogue and scenes with Johnny as well, like in your apartment.

It would've been welcoming if we got appearance updates for V as well. I've had to mod mine in previous updates because the default sliders are awful. 

The journal and phone are now much better but there's still some meh parts of the UI. The character creator is really slow and annoying to use, the options for each part of the face are alright but it takes an age to get through them and comparing them is really difficult. Then you have V constantly bloody moving on top of that, lol. And yea, no new options as far as I'm aware. It's a bit weird they added Rogue's hair to the game due to fan requests but never added Claire's. Did find a mod to add that one in that works fine though.

Also in the menus when you're previewing clothes or making an outfit the whole glitch effect that happens is just ???. Perhaps it's hiding some sort of load or something idk, but it looks awful and makes the menus just feel slower than they need to.

Other than that I'm hooked once again. Next mission for me is the act 1 closer which I'll do tomorrow though I'm not in a rush to be at PL's start as of release day but I am intentionally avoiding my bad habit of doing too much side stuff so we'll see where I end up when it releases. I will say as well that making money in 2.0 is a lot easier than I remember it being, I almost feel like I'm earning too much lol, we'll see how that goes once act 2 opens up and I get access to the more expensive stuff and more vehicles, I do miss my bike but the cars feel nicer to drive in 2.0 so maybe I'll try a few cars out in this playthrough.

• Like 1

I figured that would exist lol.

Man 2.0 is so much better. Everything feels improved, even the driving. Shenanigans with the cops and gangs are pretty fun.

I do like the new cop system. Tested it out a bit last night, and love the radio chatter you get from them. Almost GTA-like. Not fully testing the limits yet, MaxTac seems like a challenge to get to as well.

• Like 1

There is one issue with the new cop system which is that there's side content, like the NCPD stuff, where it's very easy to become wanted by doing them.

So, the updated system requirements for the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 say that an SSD is now required for playing the game instead of being a recommendation like in the past. Curiously, however, the HDD Mode option in the gameplay settings still remains as of now (I suspect that option will probably be removed later on, or maybe kept for legacy users). A Youtube user called RandomGaminginHD tried to play the 2.0 version of CP2077 on an HDD.

Surprisingly, the game is still playable via HDD, just with the expected caveats of longer load times, pop-in and assets sometimes taking longer to render (something which wasn't present in the previous patches), which can be somewhat alleviated by turning the HDD Mode on. Of course, the performance will vary depending on the user's specs and drive, but it's pretty easy to see why SSDs are slowly becoming a new storage standard for mainstream PC games.

Edited by Ivan1997GTA

Starting to unlock the real game changers for combat now - a sandevistan mod, double jump mod, obliterate perks for my shotgun and dash in the reflex tree. The combat feels so f*cking good now. Genuinely great.

Was also minding my own business doing some gigs for exp and a gang shootout flies past me, two cars, a bike, blasting away at each other until they crash down the road.

Like.... we all know that patches and even an expansion would never really "fix" the issues Cyberpunk had at launch when you take into account what was implied or outright said in the marketing, there's no getting around that, but if we take the game for what it is today with 2.0 it's a genuinely really good game, great even.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lndex said:

Geezus, I can't imagine what other easter eggs and whatnot are in this 2.0 update.

This is the kind of stuff I really want GTA VI to have a lot of ... arcade machines where we can play all sorts of different mini-games and we have to insert some coins before each round. :)

GTA VI more than anything in my opinion needs to feature lots more interactivity and stuff to do in the open-world and of course lots of enterable buildings with gameplay purpose!

• Like 1

glad that many people who were scared of cyberbug now give it another chance and try to play this gem of a game

i tested out 2.0 a bit and its really insane how much improvement there is compared to the original game release or older updates

i played the game when it got released (luckily i had no major bugs, just a few minor bugs/glitches) and it is easily one of my top10 if not top5 games i ever played, gameplay/combat is fun, highlights are night city, the story and character writing etc

• Like 1

6iVnCCZ.jpg

CMcCFoU.jpg

YjvHZJ8.jpg

PWR61ic.jpg

baZJXEu.jpg

Edited by GTA3Rockstar
  • Like 1

fbeRElG.png

Welp, CDPR got me to install the game again. Heard nothing but positive things about the 2.0 update, so I decided to start over again. This'll be the first time playing as female V, really interested to see how Cherami Leigh's voice will be. Also picking the Street Kid background because I never took that one in earlier playthroughs. I only did the prologue so far just to get my feet wet, will see when I will truly dive back in seeing as Baldur's Gate 3 is taking up most of my time.

xG79bZO.png

i6ijP3e.png

quc5pbM.png

ezdyDT6.png

RTwpVNK.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Matrelith said:

This'll be the first time playing as female V, really interested to see how Cherami Leigh's voice will be.

You're in for a treat, IMO.

• Like 1

I've got a slight addiction. I'm constantly dashing around everywhere now. It just makes me think of the possible ways to go with combat when I unlock this air dash skill.

Yea I've maxed body and am working my way to 15 reflexes now to get the air dash which I think will be the real game changer for how I'm playing. I'm working my way above, rooftops, stop of containers etc, then dropping in using a Sandevistan and then dashing about and blowing heads and limbs off with shotguns. It feels reeeeeeeally good. Once I get the stuff I want from reflex I think I'll work on blunt weapons more and get those skills, probably also pick up Gorilla Arms soon as well to complete the brawler playstyle.

The progression in this game went from what was frankly rubbish to pretty damn good. Transformations around progression don't often happen with updates and even expansions but they pulled it off here. I think in a new game I'd want to see a wider breadth of choices, multiple different routes for each weapon, but it is a lot of fun still.

Cruising the city is better as well, the much larger police presence, crime scenes, more life, gang shoot outs, car chases, etc. It's no RDR2 or GTA by any stretch and there's still a lack of interactivity but the feel of the city is much better now.

I'm like two more attribute points from getting the Air Dash, mainly going for a blades build and pumping levels into Tech so I can reach that Cyberware capacity skill at a later stage.

Reaaaly enjoying the police presents on the streets, being able to do a drive by on your bike and pick up a chase at any given feels cool as f*ck. I just cruise by and swipe cop cars w/ my Katana lol.

As for questing, I still can't quite remember how many I am from gettin to the"Transmission" quest. That's my full goal at the moment, to be ready for when Phantom Liberty drops. Bonus If I can get there w/ some time to spare and go about doing gigs and cyberpsysco's for a bit cash & xp.

Honestly I'm not in much rush to get to the PL start for when PL actually drops. I've got some Takemura stuff to do but I've got quests now to go to the VDB's which is around when PL starts, so I'm not miles away by any means.

But yea I'm just really enjoying the whole game at this point, doing the gigs again, exploring again trying to find stuff new and old.

Got the gorilla arms my self though they're not suped up yet by any means, my shotguns w/ the Sandevistan and perks are just decimating things, for smaller groups I'm able to wipe them all out before the slowed effect ends cause there's so much extra mobility w/ the dashes. I'm a level or two away from the air dash which yea, that seems like a real game change for any sort of CQB build, so looking forward to that.

I'd like to play with a female V as well in my next playthrough, but then my V can't romance Panam Palmer.

I've not played with male V but female V is really, really well performed IMO. Some really good stuff there in the more sincere moments of V's story.

Also, Judy. ☺️

Romancing Judy is a 10/10. Also, her personal questline is the one that stuck with me the most from my first playthrough.

Edited by lndex

Does anyone know if missions in Phantom Liberty are going to be replayable? My biggest gripe with the game right now is there's no way to replay missions or gigs and once you complete everything the game just feels...empty. There's nothing left to do but buy stuff and take on whatever small batch of enemies the game feels like spawning every now and then. Hell, now that I think about it, why not let us replay missions via braindances and still gain experience points (but no eddies) since we're essentially in a training simulation? Missed opportunity right there.

yesterday it was the first time i tried to do some carnage in night city with the new police system ... it was a mess and total chaos (i am sorry citizens of NC)

ofc its not gta-level, but its getting close to it, was really fun! the police hunt started in night city and after some high speed chase i was able to loose my 5 stars in the badlands

sadly, the preload for the dlc should have already started on xbox, but its not there yet??

Supposedly, the expansion has been rolled out over the weekend for those that are on consoles. I'm not that arsed if we don't get a preload on PC, tbh. It's only around 32 gigs.

PC stores still don't really support pre-loading things like full releases (if it was in early access) or DLC sadly. Steam even stopped doing midnight launches for a long time, only supporting them again recently.

It's the main issue with Steam right now for me, they're a bit behind when it comes to how they handle new releases compared to Xbox and PS.

14 hours ago, Jason said:

Also, Judy. ☺️

She seems to be the fan favorite.

I watched the Judy romance path on YouTube and while it's really well-crafted, IMHO it doesn't quite match the narrative depth and authenticity that CDPR achieved with V and Panam's relationship, which feels exceptionally organic, especially if your V is a Corpo. This is because of the stark contrast between V and Panam's lifestyles. This juxtaposition effectively transforms V's romance path with Panam and subsequent induction into the Aldecaldos into a compelling character arc. It made me care about V, actually, and whether he'll manage to find a cure or not. Before Panam, he didn't have a whole lot to live for.

I think this might be the first game that made romance a part of the protagonist's character arc.

Edited by Creed Bratton

I finally got my thermal Mantis Blades last night, so I'll be working my way towards the finishers skill, and the dash 'n mid-air dash combo makes it far more interesting to get around places. It's been a game-changer, honestly. I've also noticed that they've pretty much added in the first-time animation mod when you bring out a weapon, which is pretty cool, as I had that on a previous save yonks ago.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.