Cyberpunk 2077

BullworthAcademy

Yea, I would go for reinforced tendons cyberwear double jump too over fortified ankles charged jump. You can manover easier around enemies and in most cases (not all) help with fall dmg.

AZAZEL
On 5/17/2023 at 10:25 AM, Themanwiththeplan said:

Any tips for the pistol/throwing knife build? I see a lot of people online using the monowire with it, I'm honestly not a fan of the monowire lol. 

Monowire is good because it scales with any melee/blade bonuses, so works really well with the Reflexes tree, and gets really OP when you spruce it up.

I'm currently running a throwing-knife build with Cold Blood, and most of the blade and melee related talents I could scour up in the Reflexes and Cool trees. It's really fun.

Themanwiththeplan

Have finally settled on a pistol/throwing knives/mantis blades kinda build. The Mantis blades are a lot of fun! I find them a lot quicker and more fluid than say a Katana. 

Just finished up all of the fixer gigs in Watson and Japantown. Some good eddies to be made doing them and a lot of thought has went into these side quests, I'm impressed. 

OPQxo.png

• 3 weeks later...

f*ckin September, jesus christ...

This looks ridiculously good:

Eurogamer hands-on, vehicle combat is now in.

I know they touched on this and the police overhaul. Was it confirmed to be within this expansion before hand, though? Then again we did kind of get a glimpse of it in the previous trailer so...

"The more significant changes come to Phantom Liberty's combat. There's vehicle combat now, where you can shoot from car windows GTA-style or Amatangelo, told me, from mounted weapons like machine guns and rocket launchers. Skills - which we sadly didn't have time to dig into in much depth during out demo - have been significantly reworked".

https://www.eurogamer.net/cyberpunk-phantom-liberty-adds-new-edgerunners-inspired-cyberware-limit

Edited by lndex
  • Like 2

Previews coming out, this isn't just a DLC, it's a complete overhaul to the base game.

New random events like car chases and gang fights, overhaul to the police system that's more like a GTA system with max wanted resulting in in the super cups chasing you, new way to buy vehicles (no longer of fixers, there's a site), car combat is in, some cars have weaponry, you can use a katana on a bike, cyberware overhaul, can attune cyberware to attributes for bonuses, new replayable missions, air drops, armour is no longer  tied to clothing and instead cyberware, cyberware is risk/reward, too much can result in you going cyberpyscho and more including a complete skill tree overhaul.

Also the DLC adds new endings to the game.

So yea... this is the update.

I'm almost close to finishing my second playthrough. I do wonder, though, if it would be reasonable to start a new game when this expansion drops since there is a rebuild of the skill tree and now the tiers and loot drops are different.

I think the patch/expansion will warrant a new playthrough to get the best out of it, given it adds new endings and loads of new content + overhauls.

Spider-Vice

I'm super, super excited for this after everything I've seen, but god damn it if it wasn't the worst time ever to finish a replay just a couple of months ago :kekw: 

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Matrelith

I never got around to finishing my second playthrough because other games drew my attention away, but seeing all this makes me think I'm better off starting a third playthrough. This time I'll finally play as female V.

w0aRLyn.png

They also updated the system requirements. 

• Like 2

Ivan1997GTA
11 hours ago, Matrelith said:

I never got around to finishing my second playthrough because other games drew my attention away, but seeing all this makes me think I'm better off starting a third playthrough. This time I'll finally play as female V.

w0aRLyn.png

They also updated the system requirements. 

70 GB on an SSD is now the minimum requirement for storage space for the Phantom Liberty expansion? Damn. I was so used to playing the game on a HDD (I mean, I do have a 250 GB NVME drive on my PC, but it's not used for games). I know that playing and storing games on an SSD is slowly becoming the new standard, but I hope the game will still be playable for people who still have hard drives, just without all the advantages that an SSD would bring (like faster loading times).

Themanwiththeplan

Looks like I will be starting a new playthrough for Phantom Liberty. It looks amazing so far, can't wait to get playing it and trying out the new systems. 

• Like 1

OPQxo.png

2 hours ago, Ivan1997GTA said:

70 GB on an SSD is now the minimum requirement for storage space for the Phantom Liberty expansion? Damn. I was so used to playing the game on a HDD (I mean, I do have a 250 GB NVME drive on my PC, but it's not used for games). I know that playing and storing games on an SSD is slowly becoming the new standard, but I hope the game will still be playable for people who still have hard drives, just without all the advantages that an SSD would bring (like faster loading times).

Yea, most SSDs these days are cheap as chips to pick up, so there's no reason not to have one. I recently picked up a 1TB Samsung 970 evo plus m.2 for 50 quid on Amazon to replace my cheaper Crucial P2 m.2, which I really don't recommend, by the way. You get what you pay for.

Slappy212

I'm stopping my current playthrough for this given how much of an overhaul this is sounding like.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ivan1997GTA said:

Was wondering if something like that is possible, we'll see in the future, maybe SSD's become way cheaper with larger file size, ..no idea from these though.

I have it installed, it's ready but with new update  that means some of the mods I use might not work like the one with flying vehicle I think.

Last time when game was updated it wasn't working.

2dQaqi9.pngpurple-diamond-gem.gif

53 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

it's ready but with new update  that means some of the mods I use might not work like the one with flying vehicle I think.

Last time when game was updated it wasn't working.

They won't work, no. Much like any other update, it'll break mods. I've still got a few installed from when I was last playing as well.

Man, I was wanting to upgrade from my 9700k this year, but...with all these games coming out, I might just be able to squeeze some more life out of it and then shift to DDR5 later on down the line.

Edit: It looks like we could be getting more Lizzy Wizzy. She was definitely a peculiar character, to say the least.

Edited by lndex

Failed Again

Check the Extended Xbox showcase interview with Keanu Reeves 

33 minutes ago, Failed Again said:

Check the Extended Xbox showcase interview with Keanu Reeves 

Yeah, I watched some of that. Dogtown's black market looks pretty interesting, with new augments we can purchase like being able to see through walls and air-dash. There was a sly little mention of us being able to change our clothing to lose the heat. 👀

• Like 1

el carlitos

Good news. CDPR stock hast +50% compared to last month and still rising, close to 38€. Still far away from it´s all time high which was before releasing Cyberpunk which was around 100€. After release it droped drstically. We all know the reasson.

CDPR's stock was always gonna drop at some point, it ballooned up way past it's true value because of the hype and aura CDPR had at the time. At their peak they were worth more than publishers literally 10 times their size.

Cyberpunk's launch just popped said balloon, rather than letting the air come out slowly.

el carlitos
2 hours ago, Jason said:

CDPR's stock was always gonna drop at some point, it ballooned up way past it's true value because of the hype and aura CDPR had at the time. At their peak they were worth more than publishers literally 10 times their size.

Cyberpunk's launch just popped said balloon, rather than letting the air come out slowly.

I hope it baloons again because I want to sell it. I bought at 60$ 🫠

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back playing CP2077 after 2 years without touching it.. 1.63 version is excellent and I’m having so much fun with it. Will keep me busy until Starfield.

• 1 month later...
Tezdefanta

Wtf next update will be huge 👀👀 

I found this 

Yeaaaa that post is a bit shilly lol. The expansion will bring about a 2.0 update that is overhauling a bunch of the game so it should be a good time to play but that guy is going overboard. :lol:

• Like 2

Combat options and variety looking a lot better, vehicle combat looks decent too.

Do wonder how much depth there is in terms of police stuff and new weapons and all that though, but hopefully overall it adds a good bit to the game.

The big question for me is what have they done to make the open world  more interesting, supposedly they've added a bunch there from the earlier previews but they didn't show anything of it in todays trailer.

I'm looking forward to the endless dynamic events and missions they've mentioned, hoping they don't become tiresome, but I doubt it.

Am i the only one who hopes that there are not too many changes to the game?

I enjoyed the original game, but i dont want to play the dlc and need to "relearn" my gaming skills with cyberpunk and redo my perks etc

6 minutes ago, Punkd said:

I enjoyed the original game, but i dont want to play the dlc and need to "relearn" my gaming skills with cyberpunk and redo my perks etc

A lot of the new features will come with Update 2.0 anyway.

Some of these features will be also added to the base game — as part of Update 2.0 which will be available on the current-gen consoles and PC!

I tuned into that Red stream they've got on at the moment and instantly got the beginning of Phantom Liberty spoiled for me. Just be wary if you watch it back.

17 minutes ago, lndex said:

I tuned into that Red stream they've got on at the moment and instantly got the beginning of Phantom Liberty spoiled for me. Just be wary if you watch it back.

thanks for the heads up!

just came back from the dentist and wanted to watch the stream, but i guess i wont tune in now

i hate when game developers or gaming outlets do spoilers without warning you