3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Cyberpunk 2077

BullworthAcademy

GiveMeLiberty78

Thanks @Mexicola9302 for the link to the AMD FSR mod - after I have finished modding and tweaking my latest install, checking it's stable, I will give it a go.

Great screenshots everybody! I particularly like your screenshot here @Matrelith, it is very Stray-like. Out of interest, which car is that? It looks like the Caliburn but with an Aston Martin badge and a rear spoiler - is it modded? I'm more of an aircraft guy (including flying cars!), but that car looks awesome.

I just recently reinstalled Cyberpunk v1.6 as I haven't really played it since a year ago. (GOG's version is still bugged; due to botched deployment, it demands a ridiculous amount of 'free' gigabytes (normally in the hundreds) to install the update incrementally, so I downloaded v1.6 anew.) Anyway, I'm not watching the Edgerunners series (no time really), but I felt inspired to talk a quick stroll around Watson and Kabuki:

I think that CDPR really packed in a lot of detail, especially vertically; they really captured the over-populated 'vibe' of Night City. I wish that there were more vertical gameplay and that more interiors were accessible, there are some great panoramas to be had. I'm really enjoying the dynamic weather (with eye adaptation) mod too; I think that the low visibilityconditions look fantastic, I can only imagine how much better it would all look in UE5.

QBa6IBh.png

I think that Watson looks great any time day or night, and with even modest medium-high graphics settings on my AMD 6600XT (8GB) and my antiquated i7-4790K:

eq0yUWd.png

Is it just me, or does Megabuilding 11 look like a Borg Cube?

ny7pkxI.png

Finally, I gave the photo mode/drone a go - it is great to be reuinted with my old threads thanks to a quick hack. (For anyone interested, after a lot of research I found this asset list - the prologue Nomad outfit is "Items.Q000_half_Nomad", and now at long last it's a permanent addition to my wardrobe).

8hsUdcH.png

Edited by GiveMeLiberty78

On 10/16/2022 at 2:58 PM, GiveMeLiberty78 said:

Thanks @Mexicola9302 for the link to the AMD FSR mod - after I have finished modding and tweaking my latest install, checking it's stable, I will give it a go.

Great screenshots everybody! I particularly like your screenshot here @Matrelith, it is very Stray-like. Out of interest, which car is that? It looks like the Caliburn but with an Aston Martin badge and a rear spoiler - is it modded? I'm more of an aircraft guy (including flying cars!), but that car looks awesome.

It is the Caliburn, the free one you can retrieve in the Badlands. It has a dynamic spoiler, it pops up when you hit a certain speed. This is what it looks like standing still:

dKCJvUR.png

Edited by Matrelith
  • Like 2

Went back into Cyberpunk after a while with the intention of progressing the story, got distracted by the photo mode:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

GiveMeLiberty78

Thanks @Matrelith, I'll have to get my hands on that Caliburn then. I just wish that vehicles' default handling was not so 'twitchy' - maybe it's just me, but I find it very difficult to corner smoothly, and there is a very fine margin between braking hard to stop and dumping it in reverse (which is even harder to do with a binary, stop-go key press).

Great screenshots @Ducard, I particularly like your second screenshot - I think that in this way, Cyberpunk is a bit like a good flight simulator because the bad weather actually looks the best. I also find photo mode distracting, it makes me stop and zoom in on the smaller details in Night City:

COpJVC6.png

bVhnm87.png

9CtAQ7Y.png

• Like 2

Heads up for anyone that reverted back to the old Nvidia driver; they've apparently fixed the corrupted graphics in the latest driver install (526.47).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Heads up for anyone that reverted back to the old Nvidia driver; they've apparently fixed the corrupted graphics in the latest driver install (526.47).

I didn't notice anything weird with the studio driver 522.30, but thanks i didn't know there is a new driver available. Gonna install that now with the help of DDU.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Maintenance update 1.61 up now, adding FSR 2.1 support to PC and current-gen consoles alongside a bunch of bugfixes and visual improvements.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/46420/patch-1-61-list-of-changes

• Like 3

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away

It's been a while, delved into the 1.61 update today.

A few shots (some pre update):

photomode_02112022_174134.png

photomode_13112022_163232.png

photomode_11112022_133040.png

photomode_12112022_234321.png

photomode_11112022_134502.png

Edited by DEADWOODZ
Updated screens
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

jdMhM76.png

Was Announced at the gaming awards yesterday, it's coming soon, there's a   teaser trailer  video to watch, I wont  post  it, a staff member can

Edited by Craigsters

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

There's a much more gritty approach with this trailer, which is no surprise if it's going to be set in or next to the combat zone. Can't wait!

By the looks of it, we also see a shot of one the new factions at 0:31?

6cb00956b81a29f0a6ceb024f419feb9.png

• Like 1

The trailer looked interesting, nice that they hired Idris Elba. This must have been expensive, and Keanu also gets another big paycheck. I am still dissapointed that the game only gets one real story DLC. I hope it's worth it at least. The game also seriously needs NG+ combined with automatic enemy level scaling so we aren't totally OP.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

NG+ wouldn't fix anything, though.

NG+ is a lot of work that I'd rather them spend on actually improving the RPG and loot aspects of the game, which is what they'd have to touch to balance for NG+. The skill tree, loot and weapon/clothing modding is still very uninteresting. Mods are just flat stat upgrades when they should be stuff that change how weapons behave, clothing mods should help create interesting builds, etc. Even after the nerf to it all it armour and damage are still the safest mods p much. The skill tree is just... messy still IMO. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

NG+ wouldn't fix anything, though.

NG+ is a lot of work that I'd rather them spend on actually improving the RPG and loot aspects of the game, which is what they'd have to touch to balance for NG+. The skill tree, loot and weapon/clothing modding is still very uninteresting. Mods are just flat stat upgrades when they should be stuff that change how weapons behave, clothing mods should help create interesting builds, etc. Even after the nerf to it all it armour and damage are still the safest mods p much. The skill tree is just... messy still IMO. 

Yeah agree with all you wrote, but having NG+ would make it possible to start the game with weapons you actually like, stuff like the Malorian Arms pistol from Johnny or the sniper rifle Overwatch. Or good quickhacks, all the cyberware we want etc. It's just annoying to get all of this again in every new playthrough.

I still haven't finished the game a second time, somehow in the middle of it i lose interest, because i know i can't use anything longterm after im done again, so i just stop at some point. I played through it once, then started the game 3 more times and stopped playing somewhere in the middle of the playthrough. If there was NG+, i would probably load my latest savegame shortly before the end, finish it, and then start NG+. I honestly would like to play the game up to level 80 or something.

The thing is, though, starting a save with all your previous stuff is nice but for NG+ to actually work you need to be able to replace that stuff again during the save otherwise progression is dead. Leveling up, skill points, etc, would all need extending beyond the cap and for that to actually matter. That is A LOT of work in an RPG which is why you very, very rarely see NG+ in them - Skyrim, Witcher, Cyberpunk, etc. It's usually reserved for games with much narrower progression paths.

So while the idea of starting a new save w/ all yer stuff is nice... it's all going to get quickly replaced anyway, or they don't raise the level cap and the game essentially turns into an action game where you just go directly through the story lol.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Mister Pink

Somehow I missed that new Phantom Liberty trailer. Delighted Idris Elba is in it. I'm glad CDPR are using stars like Rockstar used to do. I can make a good argument for using reletive unknowns as well as A-listers but I suppose I missed that element from star element in GTA and it's pretty exciting for Cyberpunk. Elba will always be Stringer Bell to me but seeing him in a Cyberpunk setting is a genius move. I wouldn't have made the link but now that I see it, it's makes perfect sense. 

I was Googling Elba's character, Solomon Reed, and it seems his name is a bit of an Easter egg/reference (possibly) to "Reed-Solomon codes"

Reed-Solomon codes are block-based error correcting codes with a wide range of applications in digital communications and storage. Reed-Solomon codes are used to correct errors in many systems including: Storage devices (including tape, Compact Disk, DVD, barcodes, etc)

reed-solomon codes (cmu.edu)

Coincidence? Maybe but I doubt it. CDPR is all about those references. Based on this definition, I wonder if his character is any way related to the definition. Also, we know the team at CDPR are huge fans of The Wire given there is a Easter egg to The Wire season 2 which I discovered myself without it being spoiled. When doing a gig and clearing out a warehouse two workers are chatting and they mention something about working with some "Sobotka" guy down at the docks. Sobotka and son are corrupt Polish-American dockers in charge of the union at the docks. They are also the main characters in season 2.  Interesting that CDPR are Polish and the reference could only be about The Wire. Interestingly, I think Idris Elba's huge and iconic role in The Wire may have inspired CDPR to bring him on board. I wonder, from the PL trailer if this Solomon character is any way inspired even partly by Elbis' character Stringer Bell. For anyone who hasn't watched The Wire, i'll leave a video. A very original character in a show about crime and instituions in Baltimore. He plays a druglord but the kind of guy that studies macro-economics in night school and tries to develop the street drug trade into a proper business using the same kind of tactics savy corporate types use but in an illegal street trade. It's very compelling writing, hence why Havard University had a course in "The Wire." The writing is superb. 

• Like 3