• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• DEADWOODZ

• Dryspace

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can say a lot about the game, the crunch, the broken promises and cut features - but the passion is obvious. It's obviously not a "oh, people hated this, let's quickly forget, and move onto a new

From Reddit - 

9 minutes ago, Lucas wester said:

Should i expect a gta game?

Only if you want to be disappointed. Think of it more like Deus Ex with driving, but much bigger.

• Like 2
Lucas wester
4 minutes ago, sivispacem said:

Only if you want to be disappointed. Think of it more like Deus Ex with driving, but much bigger.

Oh alright thanks for all the help guys!

Edited by Lucas wester

Yea it's not sci-fi GTA and expecting that will disappoint you massively.

It's an open world AAA RPG and plays exactly like one.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DEADWOODZ said:

I think a lot of people went in expecting the next closest thing to a GTA 😆

I've noticed this too, and never really understood why.

One of the significant criticisms levelled at it in this thread is that "GTAV (or even GTAIV) does X better" which is often true, but kind of irrelevant. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, sivispacem said:

I've noticed this too, and never really understood why.

One of the significant criticisms levelled at it in this thread is that "GTAV (or even GTAIV) does X better" which is often true, but kind of irrelevant. 

The funny thing is that GTA IV was hyped to the highest levels but it is still considered a good game in retrospect. Cyberpunk was also hyped, perhaps even more so, and what people got in the end was something less refined that what they expected. People will inevitably compare it to GTA because it shares a lot of similarities. It is also a big budget game.

Also yes it is, objectively speaking, embarrassing when a game has worse AI than a 12 year old game. There are things like that which happen in games that reliably break immersion.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DEALUX said:

The funny thing is that GTA IV was hyped to the highest levels but it is still considered a good game in retrospect. Cyberpunk was also hyped, perhaps even more so, and what people got in the end was something less refined that what they expected. People will inevitably compare it to GTA because it shares a lot of similarities. It is also a big budget game.

You can't have a deep RPG like they promised and also the same level of refinement of a linear game such as GTA. The more experienced gamers would know that, but the casual ones were completely deluded by all the marketing exaggerations.

Edited by Wolfman_
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, DEALUX said:

Also yes it is, objectively speaking, embarrassing when a game has worse AI than a 12 year old game. 

It doesn't, though. Aside from a couple of areas which are colloquially described as "AI" but actually constitute design decisions by CDPR and really have nothing to do with it, the only actual area I can think of where certain aspects are inferior is vehicle pathfinding.

• Like 2
Lucas wester

I played yesterday its fun! i hope i get to buy clothes because whatever the f*ck i got on looks like something a crack using ghettomom :/

47 minutes ago, Lucas wester said:

I played yesterday its fun! i hope i get to buy clothes because whatever the f*ck i got on looks like something a crack using ghettomom :/

You can buy, find in the world or otherwise "obtain" through means including wanton violence.

• Like 1
Lucas wester

I have a couple hours on now the only thing i encountered that was weird was a club bouncers visual bug nothing special

• Like 2
Lucas wester

When i have played the street kid story is it worth doing another one?

Differences between various V's pasts are rather small and You'll get different prologue, one different mission and few different dialogues. But You may always play again to focus on different approach or to see another one from seven endings. 

Edited by Tycek
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Lucas wester said:

When i have played the street kid story is it worth doing another one?

I only played as a nomad myself so I might be biased but it seems to me there's just a bit more content specific to a nomad than for either of the other two lifepaths. I'd recommend at least checking out the Prologue.

Replaying the whole story might be worth it if you also wanted to try a completely different character build. It also depends if you've already completed all (or most) of the side quests in your first playthrough. If yes (which is what I did), I'd leave another playthrough for later. Just be sure to check out all the endings.

I very likely will be starting my second playthrough, so I may as well drop some screens from my first one. Enjoy. 

0zUFChi.png

eAYcw21.png

wNSvBjA.png

Ea7jHmD.png

Zf43bXm.png

Edited by Tycek

Got this game recently for the PC after ditching the Playstation version last year due to a sh*t ton of crashes, bugs and glitches. 

I’m 7 hours in and so far I am very impressed. Both with the gameplay/visuals and the lack of technical issues. 

Despite having a somewhat mid-tier card (RTX2060) I am able to get some beautiful visuals (settings on high) at a near-constant 60 fps. That DLSS is putting in the work apparently. Every game needs to use this black magic. 

• Like 2

Yea playing the game on console or a low spec pc versus playing the game on a good PC with a DLSS capable card is like night and day.

The game that scored... 91? 92? on OpenCritic is the PC version that was obviously reviewed on good machines. It still wasn't bug free by any means, but it's miles ahead of the console versions.

• Like 1
onelastride
Posted (edited)
On 12/17/2020 at 5:04 AM, _MK_ said:

Quit having fun? if playing a halfassed outdated unfinished game that is loaded to the neck with bugs and glitches , has an AI of a 30 year old game seems ok to you then maybe you should go to GoG and hand them another 60$ for this scam you are having "fun" with, show them what a loyal fan you are. 

This guy's comments on this thread, holy cow.

Apparently writing and world building mean little or nothing to a lot people who hate this game, or in games in general.

This is by no means a great game as a whole, but the storytelling and environment in this game was one of the best in recent years. I at least had fun experiencing that. If I only cared about gameplay, I probably wouldn't like this game. You can acknowledge the positives, negatives, and at the same time disapprove of the company who let this happen. And you can do that by not being rude.

It seems to me that the fanboys of this game and the people who hate the game are two sides of the same coin. Those who hate the game in my opinion tend to be more nasty and immature, and very much fueled by emotion. And you better believe these two sides have double standards.

Moving on, for those wondering if they should get the game:

My best comparison between this game and the last GTA is this: GTA5 did almost everything better than Cyberpunk except for the writing and setting.

I have one of the most fortunate PCs (GPU's a 1080) in the world, so I typically don't experience bugs and crashes most people tend to have (didn't have problems with RDR2 on PC on launch day either like a lot of people reported). I'm more of an RPG fan, so if I had to choose between GTA5 and CP2077, I'd pick CP2077 because the writing is usually a make or break thing for me. If I had to rate my experience of both games, they'd both be an 8/10.

If you care about story, characters, and like the look of Night City, you won't be disappointed in these aspects. I wouldn't play it if you're in it for mostly the gameplay side. Gunplay is mediocre. Better than GTA5. Worse than RDR2. AI is practically non-existent and buggy (take TW3's AI, multiply it many times, let the player actually be able to harm them = buggy as hell). Car driving is painful, even with a controller but can be fun to master.

I hope this helps people on the fence about the game. This really is a matter of writing vs. gameplay.

In my opinion, the best game ever would take the sandbox and optimization genius of Rockstar, the writing minds of CDPR and Obsidian, the sound designers behind Elite Dangerous, the game designers at Bethesda to help in the exploration elements, and the composers who made the soundtrack for games developed by every company listed above.

I think this is the most objective perspective possible putting aside bugs and crashes that I can't know you'll have or not. Fingers crossed I don't get mauled.

Edited by onelastride
Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2021 at 12:44 AM, onelastride said:

This guy's comments on this thread, holy cow.

Then why quote me? holyhell.

Apparently writing and world building mean little or nothing to a lot people who hate this game, or in games in general.

This is by no means a great game as a whole, but the storytelling and environment in this game was one of the best in recent years. I at least had fun experiencing that. If I only cared about gameplay, I probably wouldn't like this game. You can acknowledge the positives, negatives, and at the same time disapprove of the company who let this happen. And you can do that by not being rude.

What are you even talking about? this game is an open world single player game, you can't separate the story from the open world gameplay since the story is in that gameplay. 😐

It seems to me that the fanboys of this game and the people who hate the game are two sides of the same coin. Those who hate the game in my opinion tend to be more nasty and immature, and very much fueled by emotion. And you better believe these two sides have double standards.

No they are nothing a like, the "haters" are actually the ones who tend to use their brain, noticing the issues and addressing them which will result in a better game, on the other hand you have the fanboys who get unconformable by simply seeing people mention the words "glitch" "T pose" "police spawn out of the players butt" yet they claim to love the game yet want to shut anyone that dares to mention any flaws or calls out on one of the biggest scam in gaming history resulting in not getting the game fixed and encouraging companies to throw unfinsihed garbage for full price, yes indeed double standards at it's finest. 

Customers have all the right to question and point out all the flaws for something they paid for, we didn't get the game for free.

BTW the game is still not on the PS store right? i mean holycowtits that alone should be enough to tell you what a sh*t of a game it is not to mention a news report i read a while ago saying how the player count dropped heavily for this trashbin.

Moving on, for those wondering if they should get the game:

Yes if you want to hand 60$ for some scam artists for half ass game then this is the way.

My best comparison between this game and the last GTA is this: GTA5 did almost everything better than Cyberpunk except for the writing and setting.

GTAV did almost? almost? you can't be serious, there are videos out there that compare CP2077 with GTA3 and shows you that CP2077 can't even compare with GTA3 yet alone GTAV. 😂 Yeah sure graphics look nice in CP2077 and that's about it.

I have one of the most fortunate PCs (GPU's a 1080) in the world, so I typically don't experience bugs and crashes most people tend to have (didn't have problems with RDR2 on PC on launch day either like a lot of people reported).

Really? so in CP2077 you didn't experience all those glitches and flaws?  wow they must have handed you a special version of the game and gave the rest of the world another.

I'm more of an RPG fan

Yet again it's also an openworld game, so base it as an open world RPG then you can consider yourself as a non "fanboy-hater" since all you do is praise on the RPG element while not considering the rest as a big deal just like a typical fanboy.

so if I had to choose between GTA5 and CP2077, I'd pick CP2077 because the writing is usually a make or break thing for me. If I had to rate my experience of both games, they'd both be an 8/10.

That's just your own personal opinion and that's exactly what a fanboy would say "all i care is about the story and i love it, RPG ALL THE WAY! i don't mind the load of glitches and unfinished work and you haters shut the f*ck up and stop ruining the game for me by pointing out every single issue with this game".

So a 8/10 for a game by only looking at the RPG side of it, what will your rating be considering the fact it's an open world RPG game, what then will your rating be? and don't forget to consider all the issues it has.

If you care about story, characters, and like the look of Night City, you won't be disappointed in these aspects. I wouldn't play it if you're in it for mostly the gameplay side. Gunplay is mediocre. Better than GTA5. Worse than RDR2.

Please stop comparing this garbage to GTAV or RDR2 holycow, there is nothing to compare, CP2077 is a joke compared to V and especially RDR2.

If you just put "cyberpunk2077 vs RDR2" or "cyberpunk2077 vs GTAV" in Youtube's search you'll have loads of videos, did you see any of these? or just acted like you didn't see them? "oh sh*t no lemme go watch something else fast before i break my fanboy love for this trash".

AI is practically non-existent and buggy

But above you said you don't experience "bug" with your "fortunate PC".

I hope this helps people on the fence about the game. This really is a matter of writing vs. gameplay.

Actually it's a matter of being a person who only cares about one aspect of the game (RPG) and not judging the game for what a mess it is just like yourself saying the game is cool because i personally only give a sh*t about RPG vs a person who wants what he/she was expecting as it was advertised...a finished open world RPG game, not a half assed unfinished buggy glitchy beta rushed with 30 year old AI game.   

I think this is the most objective perspective possible

No, not even close.

Edited by _MK_
  • Like 3
DownInThePMs
Posted (edited)

This entire thread is more volatile than the political situation in the balkans

Anyway OT: after almost 60 hours on the game, I'd say, it's probably not worth getting unless if it's on like an 80% sale or something, and that's only if you really want to experience it. Seriously, there was a point in time I really wanted to defend this game but I just can't do that anymore.

Even with patches the game is still buggy as hell, Night City feels lifeless with barely anything to do and the pedestrian, enemy and police AI is just terrible. The gangs and factions had no personality whatsoever and your choices don't matter at all since there isn't any kind of morality system in this game, and what you get is basically the same depressing and unsatisfying conclusion for each ending. The RPG mechanics are entry level in the same vein as the newer Far Cry games, and the combat is incredibly uninspired and unbalanced. Outside of the main story missions, you're basically just clearing out enemy hideouts with so many predictable enemy types that it kind of feels underwhelming. This game tries to be the jack of all trades but masters none of them.

The only halfway decent part about this game was the photo editor honestly. And the soundtrack and story, if you're into that kind of thing. I can't believe it took me 60 hours to realize I was playing a Ubisoft-tier open world game but worse.

Edited by DownInThePMs

I just finished the Dream On quest for Jefferson and Elizabeth Peralez. That was very interesting. And kinda creepy.

Some political conspiracy thriller. I want more of that.

17 minutes ago, Shaundi. said:

I just finished the Dream On quest for Jefferson and Elizabeth Peralez. That was very interesting. And kinda creepy.

Some political conspiracy thriller. I want more of that.

This was one of my favourite quests in CP77. You could legitimately build an entire new feature length product around this handful of missions and how they would expand into some Manchurian Candidate-esque future-noir political thriller...and I really hope that CDPR actually do, because it's about eighteen times more compelling and interesting than the plot of the actual bloody game.

• Like 2

i was anxiously waiting to experience the "saburo arasaka parade" mission in japantown, it looked very beautiful in all those previews

i took my time ingame and finally i wanted to start the mission ... aaand it was bugged...

i saw that the very first parade floats did spawn in the distance, but they didnt start moving to the parade direction at all, what a shame

so i had to watch the parade on youtube letsplay

On 5/7/2021 at 6:29 PM, sivispacem said:

This was one of my favourite quests in CP77. You could legitimately build an entire new feature length product around this handful of missions and how they would expand into some Manchurian Candidate-esque future-noir political thriller...and I really hope that CDPR actually do, because it's about eighteen times more compelling and interesting than the plot of the actual bloody game.

I feel like it's a sign of CDPR work. Witcher 3 didn't exactly have very strong story either and while some moments were awesomely written (e.g., Bloody Baron plot), the whole picture looked rather generic - someone important to our protagonist is missing and there is some freak flying around freezing villages. Both Witcher 3 and CP77 are falling down and coming up in exactly the same places - both having generic main plot, not very interesting antagonist (Eredin and Smasher won't make You lose Your sleep) and in both cases strength of the games lies in characters and quite interesting way to approach the original sources and incorporate them into the plot. 

In case of CP77 side quests like the one with Peralezes or these for River Ward or Judy were really great and fully compensated for quite generic cyberpunk story we got in my opinion.

And couple of screenshots:

fpd92B1.png

u5khMVu.png

fy4OAFP.png

d8eBtou.png

N4Iq166.png

• Like 1

I still haven't played this game, it's been sitting in my library since release day. Is the game still a mess or is it worth playing now?

1 hour ago, KDA said:

I still haven't played this game, it's been sitting in my library since release day. Is the game still a mess or is it worth playing now?

I wouldn't call it a mess, especially not on PC - it's just not quite what it could or should have been. Definitely worth a playthrough now that you already own the game.

• Like 3

I'm about half an hour in now. Playing as Nomad, I got to the apartment, and a bit overwhelmed at everything. Are there any consequences if my character walks around topless because I think I lost my shirt somewhere. It's not in stash or my inventory. Is the police gonna kick my ass?

2 hours ago, KDA said:

I'm about half an hour in now. Playing as Nomad, I got to the apartment, and a bit overwhelmed at everything. Are there any consequences if my character walks around topless because I think I lost my shirt somewhere. It's not in stash or my inventory. Is the police gonna kick my ass?

I don't think so.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, KDA said:

Running topless will be so mainstream in the future that nobody bats an eye anymore. Don't worry about it. 

Edited by Tycek