Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,202 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

BullworthAcademy

Cyberpunk 2077

TheOriginalGunslinger
On 6/16/2018 at 6:43 AM, Am Shaegar said:

1:39. I love that part.

Doctor Holliday

This game is shaping up to be like the proper Deus Ex sequel that we never really got, despite the relative success of Human Revolution and Mankind Divided. In general, Cyberpunk is helping to keep my faith in singleplayer games, with CD Project Red truly doing the lord's work now that Bethesda and Bioware are flirting with their online/multiplayer bullsh!t. So far it seems like 2077 has nailed the formula; the world building, the lore, the characters, deep RPG elements, consequences, morality, and some very refreshing originality.

Could they have sat back on the grand achievements of Witcher 3 and recycled half the assets into a spinoff? Easily. But as a studio, CDPR actually had the courage to try and do the impossible, to create a title capable of surpassing what most already considered their masterpiece. And amazingly, it looks like they could pull it off.

http://www.thisisinsider.com/cyberpunk-2077-gameplay-demo-e3-details-release-date-2018-6

5b24362742e1cc373138b366-1334-748.jpg

Chaise

CDPR has my all my trust after Witcher 3 which is probably my favorite game I've ever played. This is definitely the kind of gaming studio we need these days, one that focuses on singleplayer and not multiplayer is very rare these days.

Idk if this game can surpass Witcher 3, but it looks so damn good I wouldn't be surprised if somehow it does.

Am Shaegar

Also, they established the first ever DRM free digital distribution platform. hand_salute.png

Commander S
6 hours ago, Am Shaegar said:

Also, they established the first ever DRM free digital distribution platform. hand_salute.png

Yup - not just that, but GOG (formerly Good Old Games) is also a fantastic site for older game preservation, too.

It's nice to be able to get something like Wing Commander III for pocket change - but to have people put in the work to have it run better than ever (via the DOSbox emulator), as well as someone going to the trouble of scanning all the old manuals and pamphlets and including them as a PDF (!!)? That sort of thing is really valuable, particularly considering how terrible most publishers are when it comes to maintaining their older titles.

I'm pretty confident this'll be 'imagine a cross between Human Revolution and Mass Effect 2, made by the Witcher 3 folks, to their usual exacting standards' - but I'm really hoping they get the world-building and 'speculative fiction' side of things down, to the point where it's more 'imagine something that blends the best parts of Mass Effect and the original Deus Ex'. That'st the ideal outcome, obviously - even if it's 'just' the former, this is still so very much my jam, and I can't see how it won't at least be 'really darn good'.

Mexicola9302

Definitely gonna play it as a female char. But im kinda dissapointed it's 1st Person only, i rather play RPG's in 3rd Person. :(

My guess for the official release is late 2019 to very early 2020. A shame really that it's still so far out of reach this awesome game.

Commander S

...okay, figured I'd do this, because very few places seem to want to join the dots between the preview screenshots and the various accounts of the demo footage.

HERE BE SPOILERS! Granted, the demo is more of a 'proof of concept', and might not show scenes from the finished game, but still... ;)

Turns out that a lot of the pics are of things from said demo, and not just the trailer - for instance, this is V's sometime mercenary partner, Jackie Welles:

Cyberpunk2077_A_gun_for_hire_RGB_EN_f53e

Spoiler

screen-ready-to-get-back-to-the-big-leag

Going to put the rest of the pics under spoiler tags, just because these are the full 4k screens from CDPR, and RIP anyone trying to view this on a mobile device... :p

This is almost certainly V - specificially, one possible female V (maybe the default face?). According to Outside Xbox's report, there are a lot of variations of shaved-sides punk-y hairstyles, which is appropriate! ;) Also, your jacket is customisable (and you can wear other clothes besides just the outfit shown so far) - right down to not just the colour of the collar lights, but also a separate glow colour from the main light strips. Wow.

Also, V isn't your character's name - it's a nickname/handle/whatnot, presumably so CDPR doesn't have to record hundreds of alternative lines of dialogue! Think along the lines of how Commander Shepard works in Mass Effect. However, like how you can choose Shepard's (unspoken!) first name, you can actually pick a full name for V, which is cool.

(also, first look at one of the bikes - apparently flying cars and the like won't be available for regular open-world free-roaming, but you can get around how you like on foot, or by car/bike)

Spoiler

screen-just-around-the-corner-en.jpg

Also, I know that not everything seen in the trailer is relevant to the demo (the premiere event thing, what looks like some kind of passenger jet, the bar with people playing pool, etc.), but ...does anyone else reckon this could actually be another possible version of V? Same eyebrow slits, a gun behind the desk, and a wall covered in tabloid front pages - that all looks to me like the apartment of a private investigator or similar, and the demo does mention V getting dressed and ready in her apartment after a one-night stand...

Spoiler

screen-beautiful-and-deadly-en.jpg

In the opening of the demo, V has to investigate an incident of "Scavengers" - i.e., a faction of augment harvesters (!!). The wealthy victim had an emergency SOS implant as insurance - if their vital signs go down, or their implants are threatened, an alert is sent out to the authorities (perks of being rich...). However, the gang prepared for this, and deactivated the device.

Another perk of being wealthy? You can request the services of the Trauma Team, a private service that works like a mixture of paramedics and SWAT. In the demo, they come in, secure the area after V has a shootout with the scavengers (by which I mean "everyone on the ground, now!" - including the victim - !!), and only then administer medical attention:

Spoiler

screen-shock-to-save-shoot-to-kill-en.jp

screen-trauma-team-en.jpg

Later, V gets tasked with obtaining a Militech spider-mech for some wealthy "fixer", Dexter DeShawn - V sees this gig as a ticket to moving up in the world, as DeShawn will take her on for contracts if she succeeds. One of the options is to just steal the mech, or you can arrange a meeting with Militech agent Meredith Stout, and try to play the situation politically. I'm guessing this is Stout:

Spoiler

screen-different-faces-of-violence-en.jp

The spider-mech is being held by a group called Maelstrom, a tech-obsessed faction that seeks to augment themselves as much as possible. Reports from the demo describe members as having completely removed parts of their faces, replacing them with various sensory augmentations instead of regular eyes, noses, etc. - that'd describe this guy, then (shown with one of the aforementioned spider-mechs):

Spoiler

screen-the-hottest-tech-in-town-en.jpg

Also, before V sets out to recover the mech, she goes to get some upgrades from Victor, one of the various "ripperdocs" in Night City (some legal, others ...not so much...). Victor is shown below - from the various accounts, it sounds like CDPR has done some neat in-universe things to show the upgrade process. For instance, getting an optical implant upgraded requires it being pulled out, and (apparently) you can see yourself lying there through the still-active implant - !! New upgrades will do things like add extra HUD elements, depending on what you choose.

Spoiler

screen-ripperdoc-clinic-en.jpg

Am Shaegar

CD Projekt talks dismembering with katanas, deep RPG systems, romance, and the controversial decision to go first-person

You don’t have to sit through what you’d normally consider a cutscene, listening to a character spout pre-scripted dialogue until the last full stop. You can interrupt by poking the barrel of a gun in someone’s face if you’re more about actions than words.

“You can actually pull out a gun there. It’s a super-challenging thing for us, but it’s also really, really cool. It gives this visceral feeling of being there, that this matters and you pay the consequences of your actions,” says Pietras.

If first-person is usually associated with ‘shooter’, the development team are looking to blend is with RPG. Hit someone with a shotgun and they’ll take damage to multiple body parts. Blood spatters on the wall, but numbers rise off the body too.

Players can single out particular limbs, whether chopping at arms with a katana of blasting out knees with a shotgun. This isn’t spray and pray – you approach an enemy tactically and switch up your weapons based on their defence or skillset.

“When it comes to combat we have three different types of weapons. Each are for a different approach to the gameplay,” says Pietras. “What I can tell you about hand-to-hand combat is that we will have it; where you can use the katana or other weapons. It’s a cool thing because we have a dismembering system. It’s visceral, it’s brutal.”

You will be able to f*ck a number of companions and NPCs, but it’s not just about the cheap thrill.

“There are many of those,” says Pietras of romance options, “from one-night stands to long engaging relationships.”

Laker23

Whether he's being 100% truthful, who knows. With that being said, as much as I love Ciri I don't need to see her in this game.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing her in the background for a brief moment during a cutscene, but that's about it.

Motherf*ckers. The game sounds incredible, the more details emerge, the more happy I am. Not just because it's made by the Witcher devs. Even if EA did it, I'd still be interested.

ARTHUR.
On 6/12/2018 at 9:01 PM, Darth Yokel said:

This is freakin' genius

I hadn't thought of the parallel this had with Rutger Hauer's monologue in Blade Runner, 82. This has to have been intentional with how influential Blade Runner was in exemplifying the cyberpunk genre.

Spoiler

deadx23

I thought this was funny

Jerking For Soup

Glad CDPR are making this. Always wanted a Blade Runner RPG.

eyman

I was thinking of making my V look like Marty McFly

Am Shaegar

Cyberpunk 2077 is (probably) in pre-alpha - but that doesn't mean it's ages away

The E3 demo was the most polished part of the game we have now

350 people are working on Cyberpunk full time, and CDPR have started hiring multiplayer devs despite confirming that the game will not have multiplayer at launch, indicating they're already looking at post-launch support.

Cyberpunk 2077 should be out in 2019, and here's why

VinceVega84

as a Blade Runner (and cyberpunk genre) fan im really hyped for this game

E3 trailer and info was great, i have hope for gameplay reveal / trailer in Gamescom 2018