2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

No Offense, but that Shark Looks like a Non-Factor

ArcaneKnight

Cutter De Blanc

I think you're reading too much into it. It's a shark. If you swim near it it will kill you. monocle.gif

Revolution-XW

Is this OP kidding..? rolleyes.gif

In the first place, why would Rockstargames, tease us like that showing us a Shark under a person..?

I think is almost obvious that it's going to attack it, it show's the person is in Danger. facedesk.gif

PutAQuarterIn

Dude, we haven't even seen the thing move, Who's to say how much "raw power" it has.

After the thrill of animals that attack in RDR I doubt they would take a step back and go back to the lifeless ocean we saw in San Andreas....At least I'd hope not.

lol showing a shark underwater knowing it will have an important roll in the game and being just for sighting, it's the same of having a tank you can't enter.

I Shot The Sheriff

Fingerless gloves still causing havoc, huh?

Don't worry pal, it will kill you.

(Lol. If you put that last sence outside its original context its weird as f*ck).

I don't get how people can read so much into a single screenshot. Why would Rockstar include these large sharks, if they are harmless? I don't think that they will automatically attack you every single time they are near you, but maybe around half the time. Sharks are unpredictable, and they have also been known to ignore humans about as often as they attack them. The bottom line is, the OP is overanalyzing the species of shark, and what it will mean in the game. It's pretty OBVIOUS that the sharks WILL be dangerous to some extent.

Most wild animals in RDR attacked you quite often as well.

If anything it looks like a whale shark:

user posted image

user posted image

Or maybe even a Tiger Shark:

user posted image

if anything, OP is a f*cking idiot and this is the worst thread on the forum

The shark is bloated because it JUST ATE 7 PEOPLE WHO WERE SWIMMING AT LOS SANTOS BEACH!! And Bull sharks (if that's what it is), are notorious, viscious predators and will eat your a** off, given the chance. Sharks are not cuddley teddy bears who mistaken you for a seal like those TV shows claim. They'll eat tire rims for god sakes, man.

I think if you end up swimming out in teh deep, the chances are good for a shark attack, and I think that's awesome.

HURRR DURR, THAT SHARK DOESNT HAVE DA RIGHT AMOUNT OF GILLS, DERFOUR ITS BORIN, DONT GAT DA "IT" FACTA AND ALSO U COULD JUST STIFF ARM A SHARK ANYWAYS. I NOE DIS CUZ I WATCHED DA DISCOVERY CHANNAL WITH MY GRANDMA.

suicidal.gif This is officially the worst thread on this forum. OP saw a chance to show off his extensive pseudo-discovery channel knowledge by blowing a screen shot out of proportion. Acting as if Rockstar or anybody for that matter gives a flying f*ck about which type of shark it is when more popularly people are afraid of all types of sharks and assume that most will attack them. Secondly, its a screen shot from a bad angle, you cannot affirm what type of shark this is.

You made a big case from speculation while managing to blow everything out of proportion the whole time.

Edited by YoungChrist

Dude, it's a goddamn video game, it doesn't have to be completely realistic, the shark can still be a dangerous threat to you suicidal.gif

HURRR DURR, THAT SHARK DOESNT HAVE DA RIGHT AMOUNT OF GILLS, DERFOUR ITS BORIN, DONT GAT DA "IT" FACTA AND ALSO U COULD JUST STIFF ARM A SHARK ANYWAYS. I NOE DIS CUZ I WATCHED DA DISCOVERY CHANNAL WITH MY GRANDMA.

suicidal.gif This is officially the worst thread on this forum. OP saw a chance to show off his extensive pseudo-discovery channel knowledge by blowing a screen shot out of proportion. Acting as if Rockstar or anybody for that matter gives a flying f*ck about which type of shark it is when more popularly people are afraid of all types of sharks and assume that most will attack them. Secondly, its a screen shot from a bad angle, you cannot affirm what type of shark this is.

You made a big case from speculation while managing to blow everything out of proportion the whole time.

lol.gif

That 1st part was class, gave me a good laugh icon14.gif

GrandMaster Smith
The shark is bloated because it JUST ATE 7 PEOPLE WHO WERE SWIMMING AT LOS SANTOS BEACH!! And Bull sharks (if that's what it is), are notorious, viscious predators and will eat your a** off, given the chance. Sharks are not cuddley teddy bears who mistaken you for a seal like those TV shows claim. They'll eat tire rims for god sakes, man.

I think if you end up swimming out in teh deep, the chances are good for a shark attack, and I think that's awesome.

Actually statistically speaking you're more likely to die from drinking soda than by being eaten by a shark.

Sharks, believe it or not, aren't as wildly ferocious as hollywood likes to make you believe.. No doubt they can be fierce but annual rates of shark attacks worldwide don't even usually even exceed 100, let alone less than 90% of them aren't even fatal.

These numbers are laughable when in comparison to something like cigarettes which contribute to over 440,000 deaths a year in just the USA alone.

If I'm driving on a bridge or near the beach in GTA and see a shark out in the water, I'm going to ram it.....

without the vehicle monocle.gif

I've seen tons of shark documentaries

Good to know we have an expert on the case. You must be highly trained to be able to look at that one screenshot, and know exactly how the AI is going to work.

I've seen tons of shark documentaries

Good to know we have an expert on the case. You must be highly trained to be able to look at that one screenshot, and know exactly how the AI is going to work.

^ exactly what Im saying.

I didn't realise this... thanks for pointing it out... before now being a MASSIVE gta fan since the first one, and looking forward to this more then i have anyother game ever, and other then things like my daughter.. one of the things i have been looking foward to the most ever! (easily in my top15 which for a 28yo's worth of things to look forward to, is pretty high.)... but now i have seen the light, and can see the errors in my ways... thanks again for pointing out the shark in a static screen shot looks "non-factor"... cookie.gifmercie_blink.gifsuicidal.gif

Algonquin Assassin

I take it the OP hasn't played FC3. Actually what game that has ever included sharks has made them harmless? Hell even Scarface done it in 2006.

I mean they're damn sharks. suicidal.gif

A lot of people would think that these things would be cute and harmless.

user posted image

Don't always assume things man.

I take it the OP hasn't played FC3. Actually what game that has ever included sharks has made them harmless? Hell even Scarface done it in 2006.

Hell I didn't know Scarface had sharks...but I kept my as$ in the boat.

A lot of people would think that these things would be cute and harmless.

user posted image

Don't always assume things man.

how dangerous is that thing?

Algonquin Assassin

Hell I didn't know Scarface had sharks...but I kept my as$ in the boat.

When you swim too far out you get attacked them. Heh maybe this is R*'s way of making those moments being stuck out in the middle of the ocean without a boat less frustrating simply by getting attacked by sharks and dying rather than swimming back to shore.

Edited by Miamivicecity

user posted image

Look how pathetic that things tail fin looks in comparison to the rest of its body. You all really think that caudal fin is going to generate the kind of power necessary to propel its massive body through the water to be an efficient hunter? That thing is a sitting duck in the water, and no more dangerous than a 25ft Python that is in the beginning stages of digesting a 200lb deer.

And you all talking about it being bloated because it ate 7 bodies, then it's obvious that thing is being fed tied up victims, and not actively hunting its prey, making it a much less menacing predator if you're out there swimming on your own. Powerful sharks can make swift movements and turns in the water effortlessly because of their extremely strong tail fins. This sharks tail fin is puny, and I bet a U-Haul truck has a better turn radius. This thing is there to intimidate with sheer size, not based off its true hunting capabilities. The mathematics involved in the coding won't allow for that thing to be an efficient killer.

It might've fooled you all, but it didn't fool me, not with that caudal fin it didn't. I'll tell you that much right now. When I play V I'm not going to be concerned with that shark whatsoever. I bet that thing could easily be out-swam and is only good for maybe 1 bite attempt.

Edited by ArcaneKnight

streetx1xracer
user posted image

Look how pathetic that things tail fin looks in comparison to the rest of its body. You all really think that caudal fin is going to generate the kind of power necessary to propel its massive body through the water to be an efficient hunter? That thing is a sitting duck in the water, and no more dangerous than a 25ft Python that is in the beginning stages of digesting a 200lb deer.

And you all talking about it being bloated because it ate 7 bodies, then it's obvious that thing is being fed tied up victims, and not actively hunting its prey, making it a much less menacing predator if you're out there swimming on your own. Powerful sharks can make swift movements and turns in the water effortlessly because of their extremely strong tail fins. This sharks tail fin is puny, and I bet a U-Haul truck has a better turn radius. This thing is there to intimidate with sheer size, not based off its true hunting capabilities. The mathematics involved in the coding won't allow for that thing to be an efficient killer.

It might've fooled you all, but it didn't fool me, not with that caudal fin it didn't. I'll tell you that much right now. When I play V I'm not going to be concerned with that shark whatsoever. I bet that thing could easily be out-swam and is only good for maybe 1 bite attempt.

stop trolling because its seriously getting annoying

Algonquin Assassin
user posted image

Discovery Channel: Making people shark experts since 1985. wink.gif

Besides how do you there wont be other types of sharks in the game? If I saw that in the water it would be very intimidating to say the least.

-Sexy ass shark-

Thank you for your input, we'll contact you in a little while.

But really, it's a game. Stop.

user posted image

Hey dip$sh*t if your worried about the tail of a shark your a idiot. I'd be more worried about the end THAT WILL BITE ME IN HALF!!!!