2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

No Offense, but that Shark Looks like a Non-Factor

ArcaneKnight

ArcaneKnight

Everyone is acting like they're going to be terrified going into the water in V knowing that thing is out there. But honestly, it looks like a complete non factor.

I've seen tons of shark documentaries, specifically those based around Great Whites that patrol the waters of Seal Island. I know for a fact that the shark we saw in the screen shot is not that of a shark that is fine tuned to be an optimal predator.

That thing looks bloated. I highly doubt that shark can even breach the surface to hunt prey if its life depended on it. Its main form of attack is to surprise its prey by striking from below, and I'll tell you right now that shark is not going to be building any kind of momentum to mount a formidable attack from below whatsoever. Its raw power seems to be nonexistent.

Face it, that shark is a scavenger at best. Its not menacing at all, if there is a defense button or maneuver of some sort that you can execute I'm sure you could easily stiff-arm that thing out of the way and simply veer it off course and it would be too lazy to turn back around and make another attempt at your life.

I don't see the power in that shark, the ferocity, the thing that makes a Great White so menacing. It just doesn't have the IT factor. It's the very thing that strikes fear into anyone that goes so close as to even drop a toe into the water without believing there will be consequences. A mechanical shark from the 70's in Jaws did that, a fake CGI'd shark in Deep Blue Sea accomplished that. But a shark from the most realistic game engine known to current-gen consoles failed to trump even those feats in 2012-13?

Sorry but I'm not that impressed. Not that it's going to prevent me from buying this game, but just felt like it's something I had to throw that out there.

ATastyCookie

It's a shark from a videogame, it doesn't have to be accurate. I think we will get attacked by it.

vivalavendredi
Everyone is acting like they're going to be terrified going into the water in V knowing that thing is out there. But honestly, it looks like a complete non factor.

I've seen tons of shark documentaries, specifically those based around Great Whites that patrol the waters of Seal Island. I know for a fact that the shark we saw in the screen shot is not that of a shark that is fine tuned to be an optimal predator.

That thing looks bloated. I highly doubt that shark can even breach the surface to hunt prey if its life depended on it. Its main form of attack is to surprise its prey by striking from below, and I'll tell you right now that shark is not going to be building any kind of momentum to mount a formidable attack from below whatsoever. Its raw power seems to be nonexistent.

Face it, that shark is a scavenger at best. Its not menacing at all, if there is a defense button or maneuver of some sort that you can execute I'm sure you could easily stiff-arm that thing out of the way and simply veer it off course and it would be too lazy to turn back around and make another attempt at your life.

I don't see the power in that shark, the ferocity, the thing that makes a Great White so menacing. It just doesn't have the IT factor. It's the very thing that strikes fear into anyone that goes so close as to even drop a toe into the water without believing there will be consequences. A mechanical shark from the 70's in Jaws did that, a fake CGI'd shark in Deep Blue Sea accomplished that. But a shark from the most realistic game engine known to current-gen consoles failed to trump even those feats in 2012-13?

Sorry but I'm not that impressed. Not that it's going to prevent me from buying this game, but just felt like it's something I had to throw that out there.

I bet you would crap your pants in real life when you see a shark under water while diving… of course just a few of them attack - but even the cooler ones can harm you if you annoy them. And by your post I guess you are really annoying! just kidding wink.gif

ArcaneKnight

It's like a 550lb Siberian Tiger that has learned to adapt, hunt and survive in the wild, as opposed to a 900lb captive Siberian Tiger.

Yeah if you're strictly looking at the numbers, you might say you'll take your chances with the 550lb Tiger, when in reality that would be an absolute deathwish. You'd be dead before you even knew what hit you, whereas the 900lb Tiger might not even know how to kill you.

That shark looks like a shark they barely released from captivity. Not of a shark that has been surviving on its own developing and fine tuning its predatory instincts over millions of years.

Maybe its proof San Diego will be in this game? They have a Sea World in SD, maybe the shark escaped from Sea World? Ever thought of that?

ATastyCookie
It's like a 550lb Siberian Tiger that has learned to adapt, hunt and survive in the wild, as opposed to a 900lb captive Siberian Tiger.

Yeah if you're strictly looking at the numbers, you might say you'll take your chances with the 550lb Tiger, when in reality that would be an absolute deathwish. You'd be dead before you even knew what hit you, whereas the 900lb Tiger might not even know how to kill you.

That shark looks like a shark they barely released from captivity. Not of a shark that has been surviving on its own developing and fine tuning its predatory instincts over millions of years.

Maybe its proof San Diego will be in this game? They have a Sea World in SD, maybe the shark escaped from Sea World? Ever thought of that?

Hmmm, did it walk out and rob someone of their car also?

I don't think a shark would have anything to do story wise or anything important at all, but might be used as an intimidation factor for someone that you captured (and later fed to the shark)

vivalavendredi

suicidal.gif

Snake Without a Tongue

I hate this trend with kids today saying "no offense" or I'm sorry" right before they say something completely unoffensive. No offense, but who's going to get butthurt about you thinking a videogame shark doesn't look realistic enough?

On topic, it's just one shadowy screenshot, how can anyone have an opinion yet?

ArcaneKnight

suicidal.gif

Yeah that was a blunder its still early here. I know SD will be in the game, so maybe its proof Sea World will be in the game and this is proof of a shark that escaped captivity?

suicidal.gif

LOL

Maybe we help the shark escape from interrogation at the AAI building.

I'm going to take a jet ski and jump the shark. Because it would be totally awesome to do that.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

How the f*ck can a shark escape from it's tank? Jump over the fence? Think before you post something stupid. Facepalm

Guy is taking this bloated shark thing seriously lol. Its GTA its parody mannnnnn. Like the dog is almost overweight but its parody. Its for laughs.......What part of Parody didnt you understand when you first played GTA as a game?

the mouth of the shark is open but i cannot see the teeth...

I would like to see grey sharks, they are smaller but much more scary. Not sure if there are any near los angeles though

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The way that shark looks doesn't mean its AI is gonna suck. Just saying

ArcaneKnight
How the f*ck can a shark escape from it's tank? Jump over the fence? Think before you post something stupid. Facepalm

They are held in tanks, but they can be moved from tank to tank by opening up chambers, where from there they can be transferred out to sea. So you think before you post.

I think the shark is perfect when its fat and it looks like it eats people.

I mean what if it looked like this

user posted image

Wouldnt be scary at all. AT ALL.

This is f*cking scary and I would think twice before swimming and diving in a videogame.

user posted image

This is a VIDEOGAME and especially GTA were talking about not some shark hunt simulator.

the mouth of the shark is open but i cannot see the teeth...

I would like to see grey sharks, they are smaller but much more scary. Not sure if there are any near los angeles though

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

grey sharks are big and fat too btw

user posted image

I've seen tons of shark documentaries...

user posted image

In all seriousness though, this is based off one screenshot. Even then it's a Grand Theft Auto game, so it's not trying to be as realistic as it possibly can.

Edited by Inky

ije3Gsb.png

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

They are held in tanks, but they can be moved from tank to tank by opening up chambers, where from there they can be transferred out to sea. So you think before you post.

You've been watching too many shark movies I've yet to see a system like this in a shark tank, except maybe in Jaws 3D so I always do think before I post thank you.

Guy is taking this bloated shark thing seriously lol. Its GTA its parody mannnnnn. Like the dog is almost overweight but its parody. Its for laughs.......What part of Parody didnt you understand when you first played GTA as a game?

Long time no see bro, hows it going?

now, i can respect much pedantry beyond the call of reason, but you sir, have taken the whole cake and stuffed it down your trousers, metaphorically speaking

now, i can respect much pedantry beyond the call of reason, but you sir, have taken the whole cake and stuffed it down your trousers, metaphorically speaking

U mean he sh*t in his pants?

chuckberry04
I hate this trend with kids today saying "no offense" or I'm sorry" right before they say something completely unoffensive. No offense, but who's going to get butthurt about you thinking a videogame shark doesn't look realistic enough?

On topic, it's just one shadowy screenshot, how can anyone have an opinion yet?

Uhm, no offence, but have you seen how people react here if you only say the slightest thing negative about GTA?

Showstopper 26

Are we this bored? This desperate for info? Please Rockstar. Announce the release date already.